Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? (1823 Views)

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria / Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by ell77(f): 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
How do we combat fake pastors in Nigeria? Is there any way to have a regulatory system?

Watch this video for insight into why I am asking this question:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/video/2007/dec/09/video
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by oloriooko(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2008
You can only combat something you are trained to combat.
How can you combat fake pastors when you are not trained as an "unfake" Pastor.
Leave God to do that, just pray you do not fall into their hands.
Do not be deceived: fake Pastors must exist!
Cos if there is no fake, then you cannot have the genuine.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by dafidixone(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2008
Bible Education. Let everybody read the bible and pray for God guidance on the same.

The bible says beware of the sheep in the Sheep Clothing. To be forewarned,

I will suggest that people should know the true assembly of beleivers. Never to join any Chuirch or gathering that do not reconise that Jesus is the fulfilment of the Old testament. A true Bible beleiving Church will let you know that you are a priest through Jesus christ. They never teach anything out of the holy bible (especially New Trestament). A true Bible beleiving Church will not tell you to prepare any apparition.

Ps 119:11 " Your Word I hid in my heart that I may not sin against you.

Only the Word can combat the activities of fake men of God.

Shallom!
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by therationa(m): 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
The first thing is to combat gullibility, credulity and belief in superstitions with educations in scientific rationalism. That would dry up the pool from which these venal individuals draw.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by ell77(f): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
Yes I thought this was not so much a problem of fake pastors but ignorance caused by lack of education

But somehow there are many educated people who i have met who appear to be otherwise endowed with common sense who still will believe anything told to them in relation to having family members as witches, be it mother, grandma, child etc (in the UK as well as Naija). Also these pastors will always accuse the weakest of people i.e. a widower or child - I wonder why.

Anyway are there any people who can shut down these fake pastors. Eveyone is entitled to believe what they want but when someone is encouraging the mistreatment of ostracising of a human being is that enough for the government or someone to step in? I wish i were able to help these children. As for the parents they are allowing themselves to be used and I don't even have their time. Atleast the guy who took in these children was from the same area. So what was it that made him see the innocence in these children when their own parents could not?

God help us!
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by JeSoul(f): 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2008
there's 3 ways:

1. By prayer and spiritual warfare 2Cor10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5[b]We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God[/b],

2. By exposing them to the world whenever we have the chance and proof Eph5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

3. By teaching, speaking truth and charging people to study the scriptures for themselves. Acts17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by stimulus(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2008
therationa:

The first thing is to combat gullibility, credulity and belief in superstitions with educations in scientific rationalism. That would dry up the pool from which these venal individuals draw.

You don't sound half as educated as the very thing you propose. grin

Next!
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by 4Him(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2008
JeSoul:

2. By exposing them to the world whenever we have the chance and proof Eph5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

3. By teaching, speaking truth and charging people to study the scriptures for themselves. Acts17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

You run the risk of being accused of "judging" . . . or "touching God's anointed". grin Even by so called christians.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by Gamine(f): 10:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
Be thinking of how to combat fake pastors
instead of thinking of how to get close to God

undecided undecided
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by JeSoul(f): 12:51am On Feb 09, 2008
4Him:

You run the risk of being accused of "judging" . . . or "touching God's anointed". grin Even by so called christians.

lol. . . abi O! I've been accused of that times without number. they forgot the parts of scripture where we're described how "God's annointed" are supposed to behave.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by Millena(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2008
It is written in the Bible that at the last days, there will arise false prophets. So, how possible is it to combat God's word, God's prophecies?
All we have to do is pray fervently, and spread the good news across all nations so that more souls will be won by the church other than by the devil through fake prophets.
Honestly, I am not afraid of fake pastors because  as Jesus said and it is written in John 10: 1 -5. "I assure you, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber! For a shepherd enters through the gate. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they recognise his voice. They wont follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don't recognise his voice ".

If you are a christian ( I mean a christian and not a church goer), the sweet words of fake pastors will never entice you because you cant recognise thier voice.
Fake pastors have fake messages and I don't listen to them, neither am I prepared to listen to them in the future.
Re: How Do We Combat Fake Pastors In Nigeria? by RichDad1(m): 9:45pm On Feb 10, 2008
Gamine:

Be thinking of how to combat fake pastors
instead of thinking of how to get close to God

undecided undecided
Help me ask am ooo, Even Jesus didn't say you should fight or combat any fake Pastor,He said BEWARE you need Gid guidance and your instincts ,

(1) (Reply)

Write And Spread False Rumours About Me At Your Own Peril...prophet TB Joshua / The Real Owner Of Rccg’s Redemption Camp Exposed! / Save A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.