Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? (8183 Views)

How Many Children Is Too Much? / How Many Children Should A Couple Have? / How Many Children Will You Love To Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Onaolamipo: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2012
According to religious perspective,islamic in specific,you can have as many as possible. Because,there is believe that it is God who provides for everybody. According to Quran chapter 17 verse 31: And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely,the killing of them is a great sin

1 Like

Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by dammytosh: 9:15am On Nov 24, 2012

I dont care if they are both boys or both girls.

But i think i prefer both girls.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by dazzler2001: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2012
condralbede: In a typical 9ja setting 10 boys wil be okey 4me!one wil be policeman,army,navy,custom,air force,immigration,civil defence officers,barrister,pastor and a politician!den i wil be doin any how cos nobdy go fit chanllege me,wen i gather al these ppl.

You forgot to mention that one will be agbero so that your anyhow character will be more solidified grin grin
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by NwaTeacher1: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2012
Having a large family is good. God will always provide. 12 children is what i want 2 have

1 Like

Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by omotola1(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2012
Onaolamipo: According to religious perspective, islamic in specific,you can have as many as possible. Because,there is believe that it is God who provides for everybody. According to Quran chapter 17 verse 31: And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely,the killing of them is a great sin
We are talking about the realities of NIGERIA‘S ECONOMY here!
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Youngzedd(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

In my humble opinion, 2 children are sufficient. Anything more than 2 is pushing it. You don't want to multiply like a rat and later the kids will grow up and become 419 internet scammers, street urchins, ritualists, ashawos in far away Italy or run after married Nigerian big men for recharge cards and upkeep money.

U get am.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by FIRSTFOCUS: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2012
I think minimum of 2 maximum of 2 (I know what I am saying). Except by mistake 3 (which mistake sef)
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Kobojunkie: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2012
nneh1: 6 i have my reasons

I can confirm to you that every reason you have is SELFISH and does not CONTRIBUTE a single non-selfish thing to existence.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Youngzedd(m): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2012
Nwa Teacher: Having a large family is good. God will always provide. 12 children is what i want 2 have

God will surely provide.

Those 1doits on the street came from somewhere, this what their parents said then.

God will not come down from heaven because of u, heaven helps those who help themselves.

Also tell us that an angel told u that u will give birth to 12, the higher the number of kids u have, the higher your troubles.

I wish FG will add this into law to decrease the number of nuisances on the streets.

I mean no harm.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by sojay(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2012
Sirmuell: Maximum of 2 for me with about 3-4years spacing in between them and I don't care if they come as only boyz or only girlz but I will be most grateful if it were a boy and a girl. I have so much to achieve in Life and I don't want family distractions to come in between me, my family and Purpose in life!
Gbam...Well said
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Sunymoore(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2012
*Clears throat* i will marry four good wives and have at least 50 childrens at least n 80 @most. Na God go provide me food wo

1 Like

Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by FIRSTFOCUS: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2012
Maximum of 2 minimum of 2, I know what I am saying. Except by mistake 3(which mistake sef)
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Sunymoore(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2012
FIRSTFOCUS: Maximum of 2 minimum of 2, I know what I am saying. Except by mistake 3(which mistake sef)
condom burst ni
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by switchmax8: 9:48am On Nov 24, 2012
maximum of 2 boy and girl nigeria economy is a wack.most especially those living in major cities like Lagos,Port,Warri and Abuja.In the northern part of the country it is cheaper to take care of kids
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by FIRSTFOCUS: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2012
Sunymoore: *Clears throat* i will marry four good wives and have at least 50 childrens at least n 80 @most. Na God go provide me food wo

You are a joker sunymoore
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Onaolamipo: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2012
omotola1:
We are talking about the realities of NIGERIA‘S ECONOMY here!
I m saying that through my knowledge of islamic education. Which will greatly affect the thinking of every educationist with deep islamic background Nigeria economy is not special. Economy is economy. Having so many children does not augur well for economy. If dependency ratio is high in any economy. The effect is poverty. But Holy book says contrary.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by komek(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2012
Contemplating not given birth at all cos the Economy is not just encouraging.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Armenia: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2012
Well,with the recent economic breakdown and no improvment,i think 3 kids with proper spacing amongst them is the best.raising children is not all about having money.their some things ur money money cant buy like time.u need time to study ur kids,time to love them,time to always caution and correct them,time to pray for them,time to play your role as a parent with these few facts u'll know thatt when u have many of them u'll be fustrated ,hypertensive or asking urself why u had them in the first place.so,if really i mean really want to give ur best ur children,3 is the best.i just three kids,1 is7yrs,2 is 4yrs and3 is 7months.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by free2ryhme: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2012
two
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by luvablesam(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2012
nneh1: 6 i have my reasons
ur huby go try o
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Simple6: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2012
Whobedatte: If U really want a future for your siblings, 2 is enough. Breeding children like pigs is of a poverty/ignorant mentality. I checked thru d list of the richest men in africa #forbes, and the person w highest no of children on the list is 3. Just someone had 4. Obama has 2, clinton has 1. #he that has ears let him hear what the spirit is saying!!!
sibling ke D word s offspring. I'm guessing u were upto 20 children in ur family so western education wasnt rily a priority.#jessaying

Simple!
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by luvablesam(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2012
For me just two(two luvly gulrs)
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by condralbede(m): 10:36am On Nov 24, 2012
Youngzedd:

See as you dey list am, as if na u get 9ja.

One will also join BOKO HARAM lol.

No worry FG will give u one community for u and ur one mans squad.
LOL that wil be very good too oh.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by condralbede(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2012
dazzler2001:

You forgot to mention that one will be agbero so that your anyhow character will be more solidified grin grin
do dey really have say?i mean d agbero U just mentioned.whr army n policeman is thr.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by laminaria(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2012
I don't give a damn .....dre will be a committed regard d issue of birth rate!

And hw does dis increase or decrease ma savings for ma own jet?
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by larrymoore(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2012
What? Provided l ve d financial capacity, as many as my wife can push.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by thaira(f): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: 1±0

If you are considering giving your child the best education in the world
IMO the definition of the best education is subjective.
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Bryan12(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2012
Whobedatte: If U really want a future for your siblings, 2 is enough. Breeding children like pigs is of a poverty/ignorant mentality. I checked thru d list of the richest men in africa #forbes, and the person w highest no of children on the list is 3. Just someone had 4. Obama has 2, clinton has 1. #he that has ears let him hear what the spirit is saying!!!
mugu your opinion is what is just needed not instances and besides the above mentioned names are they on forbes lists of richest people
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by k2039: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2012
thaira:
IMO the definition of the best education is subjective. Quality education, yes but where do we go from there. From our generation's experiences, we should not raise our kids to be job seekers.
Going to school like MIT and Harvard makes you a job seeker.
SMH for some people
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by Sike(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
Just FOUR... So help me God!
Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by tinuolababy(f): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
I want two aπϑ wl be grateful if God can give me in A̶̲̥̅ single birth i.e Twins.

1 Like

Re: Considering Nigeria's Economy, How Many Children Are Ideal For A Family? by kinnkw(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
I would say three but then i think its nice to have a brother and a sister so four is ideal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating? / PHOTO 18+: 8 Awful Things That Will DEFINITELY Happen If You Wear Yoga Pants / Should I Give In ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.