Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting (22195 Views)

Download P-square - Personally Video + Audio / Jay Z Feat Roc Boys Sampling Fela's Water No Get Enemy! / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: exactly!

At no time did I say they weren't creative. Heck, I love those niggers. But the truth must be said! They copy tunes a lot! #gbam

So OP are you also a "NIGGER"? Just imagine how much of a low self esteem you have.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dabrake(m): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
These days, people do not build their works from the scratch again. Students and lecturers use google, wikipedia, . . . web designers copy codes from other sites or they buy from these CMS companies, Even the great mathematicians built their fame from existing theories. Java programming language on its own originated from C++, ANOVA(a method used for hypothesis testing in statistics) came about when the Z test couldn't do much . . .
Yes, I admit they copy but . . . If Man U adopts a 3-5-2 formation, will people say they are copying Juventus? If Liverpool adopts the short passes, will they say they are copying Barcelona? If AC Milan start using 19 year old players, will people say they are copying arsenal?
Once it gives you the results you need, you are at liberty to copy and even modify it. We copied GSM. Why didn't we rely on town criers and Letter writing?

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by stupor(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
All na wash !
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by adjain(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
dabrake, not sure if u were smart enuf to notice, bt when ur so-called students and lecturers 'copy' wikipedia, there's a little page called 'REFERENCE' where they give honor to whom it is due.

That said, when we use phones, we are not 'copying' technology, rather we 'adopt' technology. Geez, why am I even taking time to explain this?

Have u heard the term 'intellectual property'? Well, that is exactly what we're talking about here.

Maestro, for ceewahala..com
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Sleek05(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ OP, u shld kno dat Nigerians r blind fanatics. Once dey r in luv wit any artist, dat artist can do no wrong and its unfortunate cuz it just cloud's one's judgement. I see no hate in dis piece, more lyk an advice but comments here show no1 wants 2 hear d truth!
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sleek05: @ OP, u shld kno dat Nigerians r blind fanatics. Once dey r in luv wit any artist, dat artist can do no wrong and its unfortunate cuz it just cloud's one's judgement. I see no hate in dis piece, more lyk an advice but comments here show no1 wants 2 hear d truth!

go read a book so you can gain some knowledge, some of the most successful songs of our time were all recorded with sampled beats!!!!

so stop being a HATER kiddo!!!!
http://www.livemusicguide.com/blog/columns/the-11-most-sampled-music-artists-of-all-time.ht

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Sleek05(f): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

go read a book so you can gain some knowledge, some of the most successful songs of our time were all recorded with sampled beats!!!!

so stop being a HATER kiddo!!!!
http://www.livemusicguide.com/blog/columns/the-11-most-sampled-music-artists-of-all-time.ht

Last I checked, OP's name wasn't lestupid or wo'eva! Learn 2 mind ur biz and stay on ur lane.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Creamychic(f): 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: @dopeJemi, exactly! I sat through it all, swapping puzzled face after puzzled face. I ran out of puzzled faces.
LOL
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by redcliff: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
lestat:

WHO'S YOUR DADDY? grin grin
SAY MY NAME? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?

I SAID...SAY MYNAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mkpoweto ekwutos
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by redcliff: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Slimboy94:

Both peter and paul joined together does nt worth what 2face i sworth so u nid to do findings b4 u talk

Bro, pls I advice you be the one doing the findings necause it seems you don't know what you are saying. I'm sure Jude okoye alone is richer than tuface not to talk of any of the twins individually. Their game over album (only) sold 8million copies. I doubt tuface has achieved that feat on all his albums combined. Even M.I as a rapper has sold 4million in his 2 albums. U should make your research properly before typing whatever it is you feel like.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by redcliff: 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
crisycent: I don't think p-square are talented....i just see them as lucky. All their songs are never original, it has either been done by one foreign artist and they change the words to pidgin english or igbo language and boom, its a hit!!!

Pls what is luck? Define it. When you do, come back and tell me people who replicated success in 5 albums with multi-platinum hits are lucky.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by eaglechild: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
adjain: LOOOOL

All these mindless P-Square fans on here are all agitated. Go and sleep, all of you. Shoooo! Those Peter and Paul nigglets are copy-cats, and they do it shame-facedly.

That said, NIGERIA IS NOT A GOOD COUNTRY FOR JUDGING MUSIC BASED ON FOLLOWERSHIP. I mean, this is a country where Terry G's "Free Madness" was a smashing hit. And, yes, that was crap too. P-Square making hits doesn't mean their songs are good. It just means we have collectively done what we know how to do best : wriggle and writhe to junk
And i guess it's ok when Americans crave their own wrap artists.
Mind u P square is not just a Nigerian sensation.
You probably belong to the group that believes nothing good can come from Nigeria, yet u want another country to treat u with respect.
Pls quit that thing you've been smoking.

1 Like

Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Dont be foolish . african queen is 2face best song . but you cant compare it to psquare's recent "beautiful onyinye"

So universal music group, konvict music and millionns of psquare's fans in london, cape town , johanesborg, major cities in africa, europe and america etc are now village boys/girls abi?…so you think PH is more developed than capetown or london. guy you must be a novist. or do you think they only have fans in nigeria.

check the youtube link here… Psquare "beautiful onyinye"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly2H2zp56k4&desktop_uri=%2fwatch%3fv%3Dly2H2zp56k4&gl=GB it has 7,884, 314 views and 18,737likes.

2face "african queen" http://m.youtube.com/watch?index=13&list=PL77F2FD90648CC429&feature=plpp_video&v=zIjSDUcM06g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzIjSDUcM06g%26list%3DPL77F2FD90648CC429%26index%3D13%26feature%3Dplpp_video&gl=GB it has 1,980, 350 views and 2321likes.

from your name Abagworo, it shows your from aba or you've been living in aba, before you moved to PH. Everybody in nigeria and outside nigeria, knows that Aba is a local place. Thats why your mentatlity is too local

I'm an Igbo man and proud of Aba even though it has nothing to do with my name. Maybe you are not familiar with my dialect of Igbo, otherwise you would have known the meaning of "Abagworo"

1st of all, I'm not one of those against sampling or copying of old songs. I'm also a fan of P-Square. My issue with you is comparing them with 2face. That's unbelievable.

As for our level of exposure, no soothsayer is required as your English is complete "Gbagaun". I know who you are and why you are biased.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by chino24: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

Dont be foolish . african queen is 2face best song . but you cant compare it to psquare's recent "beautiful onyinye"

So universal music group, konvict music and millionns of psquare's fans in london, cape town , johanesborg, major cities in africa, europe and america etc are now village boys/girls abi?…so you think PH is more developed than capetown or london. guy you must be a novist. or do you think they only have fans in nigeria.

check the youtube link here… Psquare "beautiful onyinye"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly2H2zp56k4&desktop_uri=%2fwatch%3fv%3Dly2H2zp56k4&gl=GB it has 7,884, 314 views and 18,737likes.

2face "african queen" http://m.youtube.com/watch?index=13&list=PL77F2FD90648CC429&feature=plpp_video&v=zIjSDUcM06g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzIjSDUcM06g%26list%3DPL77F2FD90648CC429%26index%3D13%26feature%3Dplpp_video&gl=GB it has 1,980, 350 views and 2321likes.

from your name Abagworo, it shows your from aba or you've been living in aba, before you moved to PH. Everybody in nigeria and outside nigeria, knows that Aba is a local place. Thats why your mentatlity is too local

That local aba ngwa boi is dumb as always. The same PH I visit regularly where people die on just hearing Psquare song. You have rightky posted the links to show the born bastard the reality and not NL stuff. Youtube has done it all..

Psquare is highly rated with and outside 9ja. They guys are the number star in Africa..
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by chino24: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
truelove.com:

if you dey release album and nobody dey buy am, what does it mean?…2face dey release album, but nobody dey buy am(only few).…that means people no like am, cos na wetin you like you go buy.

Wealth or money is the indicator that is used to know a successful musician.…just like Jay z and Diddy are the richest musicians in America, cos they were successful.

every album that psquare dropped sold millions of copies, that shows that people like their song , thats why they bought it.…Psquare owns a private jet, and are the only musician in africa that can afford it, cos they are successful.

please try and undertand my point

Your postulations has said it all. Good work
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by chino24: 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
chmod777: Well, we have freedom of opinions, but to be fair to them, they are the mostly played African musicians in Europe. I do not know about the UK but am sure of mainland Europe and the Scandinavia

GBAM

Right on point bro
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dabrake(m): 2:26am On Nov 26, 2012
adjain: dabrake, not sure if u were smart enuf to notice, bt when ur so-called students and lecturers 'copy' wikipedia, there's a little page called 'REFERENCE' where they give honor to whom it is due.

That said, when we use phones, we are not 'copying' technology, rather we 'adopt' technology. Geez, why am I even taking time to explain this?

Have u heard the term 'intellectual property'? Well, that is exactly what we're talking about here.

i knew someone will say this. How many lecturers, after going through a definition on wiki, modifies it and accords reference to it? I still remember one of our GST lecturers under philosophy and logic who came up with one 'new humanism' without making reference to the old one. Westlife copied Abba's 'I have a dream' without referencing them. Did they? People are even saying psquare copied azonto. Usher, Chris brown and others copied most of MJ's dance steps and even modified them. Oya, go flog them nah.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dabrake(m): 2:26am On Nov 26, 2012
adjain: dabrake, not sure if u were smart enuf to notice, bt when ur so-called students and lecturers 'copy' wikipedia, there's a little page called 'REFERENCE' where they give honor to whom it is due.

i knew someone will say this. How many lecturers, after going through a definition on wiki, modifies it and accords reference to it? I still remember one of our GST lecturers under philosophy and logic who came up with one 'new humanism' without making reference to the old one. Westlife copied Abba's 'I have a dream' without referencing them. Did they? People are even saying psquare copied azonto. Usher, Chris brown and others copied most of MJ's dance steps and even modified them. Oya, go flog them nah.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by alosiby: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
I listened to both alingo and timaya's bumbum...although they somewhat sound similar~ They are two entirely different songs!
Psquare skillfully repackaged it and it sounds good...they'll make their money and drive to the bank and africa will love them-end of story!
The songs both have good beats~but then again, all the beats these days sound similar...oya, go bite psquare for following a trend!...Mscheeeeeeew!!angry
the dance is cool, azontoish somehow, but more energetic...they can get away with it because they are big...
infact, both songs have the same amount of semi unclad ladies, only timaya's has more backside vibrations...
but yes, in the past they (psquare) have copied other artists, even their own songs, and so? How will that affect the price of akara?
Africa still loves them jare..no need to hate, love or wareva...point is, you all listened to their songs to come up with this conclusion and add to their views and ratings, then hate them for making more money...
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by toygod2: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
i hate those twins right from time
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by jodeci(m): 3:36am On Nov 29, 2012
toygod2: i hate those twins right from time

so shallow a comment
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by Nduson20: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2012
Psquare are d most criticized 9ja artiste and arguably d most sucessful. Recently Dbanj has joined them. As much as i know Psquare & Dbanj are making gr8 wave in d world ryt nw dan any 9ja artiste. Imagine dbanj got 4 nominations in WORLD MUSIC AWARD and people stil criticize him alot. Lets support our people making Nigeria proud globally. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by dotcomnamename: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
toygod2: i hate those twins right from time

You must hate them because you are a DEVIL.
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by OmoUSH(m): 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
dabrake: i knew someone will say this. How many lecturers, after going through a definition on wiki, modifies it and accords reference to it? I still remember one of our GST lecturers under philosophy and logic who came up with one 'new humanism' without making reference to the old one. Westlife copied Abba's 'I have a dream' without referencing them. Did they? People are even saying psquare copied azonto. Usher, Chris brown and others copied most of MJ's dance steps and even modified them. Oya, go flog them nah.
sharrrrrrrrap! Who told u Usher Raymond the great copies mj's step. And u even av d boldness to put breezy in d same sentence with his idol
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by OmoUSH(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
dabrake: i knew someone will say this. How many lecturers, after going through a definition on wiki, modifies it and accords reference to it? I still remember one of our GST lecturers under philosophy and logic who came up with one 'new humanism' without making reference to the old one. Westlife copied Abba's 'I have a dream' without referencing them. Did they? People are even saying psquare copied azonto. Usher, Chris brown and others copied most of MJ's dance steps and even modified them. Oya, go flog them nah.
Sharrrrrrrrap! Who on earth told u dat Usher Raymon The Great used to copy Mj back in d days, mj's dance only influence him,mind u, mj never invented any of his damce. And how dare u put Chris in d same sentence with his idol..be careful
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by OmoUSH(m): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sharrrrrrrrap! Who on earth told u dat Usher Raymon The Great used to copy Mj back in d days, mj's dance only influence him,mind u, mj never invented any of his damce. And how dare u put Chris in d same sentence with his idol..
Re: P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting by tontodike1: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2013
P-square drawing by google rated Nigerian best Artist and lagos reknown portrait artist (Ayeola Ayodeji Awizzy)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Mention A Line From A Popular Song & Someone Will Tell You The Name Of The Song / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.