Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? (7245 Views)

The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by sheblayze(f): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2012
I have noticed that most times in movies, people always start off their madness with laughing.
And even in the real life, mad peeps are always laughing. It is hard to come across a sad mad person.
Does this have a medical correlation? I mean does madness make the laughing joints more active?
Or is it psychological? Does madness heighten people's send of humour?

NB: smiling is also included.

True-life story: everybody was kind off worried in my street some months back when we saw a mad man crying seriously. We were genuinely concerned.
Guys please what do you think. Need matured and intelligent responses.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by k2039: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2012
People fanatise in madness,they are in a different world,they feel like they are in comfort,happiness,joy etc.
That's why they are always laughing

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by greenoak: 3:09am On Nov 25, 2012
Laughing is healthy nd can b controlld while that of madness is unhealthy nd lacks control
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by SisiKill1: 3:37am On Nov 25, 2012
How do you suppose mad people view sane people....walking around, their faces contorted in different expressions as they think and try to juggle their everyday worries. .. something a mad person doesn't have to worry about. To them these people making a mad dash all over the place as they try to get things done must be a funny sight.

So the next time you look at a mad man and feel sorry for him, just remember he is not the one all suited up in 90 degree heat, ready to jump on a crowded bus to attend a meeting, he hope will be the making of him, with a big man who may or may not answer him today.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by speeder(m): 3:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Just like when u'r drunk, your worries are being depressed thereby bringing to light ur happy state. So is it during madness, ur pituitry gland faults, and u forget what or what u are and so will only smile to the world since u have have no bad memories.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Wsdm: 5:00am On Nov 25, 2012
k2039: People fanatise in madness,they are in a different world,they feel like they are in comfort,happiness,joy etc.
YES. A mad man was laughing profusely at people playing ball and was heard saying; ' these adults are very foolish. How can you run so hard to get a thing instead of tearing it or using it, you throw it up again and start to pursue it'. @op! Someone who laugh controllable( a sane person) is different from someone who laugh otherwise( a mad man).
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Ak47yang(m): 5:30am On Nov 25, 2012
k2039: People fanatise in madness,they are in a different world,they feel like they are in comfort,happiness,joy etc.
u talk as if u hav 1nce been their

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by optimistD(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2012
In the world of lunacy, U get and enjoy what u lack in the world of rearlity. You are hapier with no worries for tomorow. You dnt think abt job, house, mariage, security, family etc. All these could be sources of worry to the sane people which the insane person doesnt care.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2012
Sisi_Kill: How do you suppose mad people view sane people....walking around, their faces contorted in different expressions as they think and try to juggle their everyday worries. .. something a mad person doesn't have to worry about. To them these people making a mad dash all over the place as they try to get things done must be a funny sight.

So the next time you look at a mad man and feel sorry for him, just remember he is not the one all suited up in 90 degree heat, ready to jump on a crowded bus to attend a meeting, he hope will be the making of him, with a big man who may or may not answer him today.
so been mad is good?!

tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2012
laughing is one of the offshoots of madness,it is the ONLY good thing in mad people that prolong their lives.
how i wish all human being could allow this attribute to shoot out and express itself freely,we shall all live long,cos it prolong lives(smiling too)
NB:- Every human being has a degree of madness
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 25, 2012
Laughing is a medicine but laughing for no reason, omo u need medicine, dat one na pure madness
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by nagoma(m): 6:56am On Nov 25, 2012
@ OP

Your question is thought provoking. I can't answer it and I have so far not seen a logical or scientific response from the posts. I wonder if anybody knows.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by labamo07(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2012
Laughter itself is a short and controlled madness to its barest minimum. Some people go hysterical when amused with things and others might just put in a smile to show a sense of humour. Laughter of a lunatic is worry-free, care-free, stress-free etc cuz they rule their world......
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by ACM10: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2012
There is a saying that "Laughter is the best medicine; but if u laugh without any reason, u need medicine".

The difference between laughter and madness is "STIMULUS". Stimulus must precede a normal laugh, but madman laughs both in the presence and absence of stimulus.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by gaddafe(m): 7:45am On Nov 25, 2012
she-blayze:

Guys please what do you think. Need matured and intelligent responses.
@op such questions are better answered by doctors rather than matured or intelligent peeps. However from what i know hallucination is closer to madness than laughter. Although there are various degrees of mental imbalance and at a point uncontrolled laughter can be induced from the brain. The explanation many abeg I no fit type.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nickydrake(m): 9:49am On Nov 25, 2012
Anyone who has read Anton Chekhov's Ward 6 will understand how little laughter has got to do with madness. In fact, i should think that the most bizarre and fearful form of madness is that which is without mirth.

The laughing lunatic exists in utopian euphoria. He sees no need for any concern. The world, to him, is just as it should be; free of cares, free of thought itself.

Then there is the more terrible shade of madness. The subject is bound in dystopian darkness. His mind is a cinema of horrors. He is subdued and sorrowful in his brightest moments, and other times he is dragged deep down into inconsolable depression. He engages in thought in his own demented way, and with an expression of deep puzzlement asks utterly meaningless questions. He frowns. Sometimes he sobs. But he NEVER laughs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by blackbeau1(f): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2012
Mad ppl don't have any worries and so this stops them from being sad.though,some of them carry worries from their sane life over to their new life
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by akinwun(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2012
The truth is this. Madmen laugh but not all d time,some just talk incoherently while some acts violently. All depends on d kind of thought going on in their mind. The mind of madmen is being totally and dominantly controlled by demons and as such, they hv no control of their own. So whatever u see them do per time, whether laugh, cry, shout or turn violent is as a result of d thought d demon is impressing upon their mind as at that time. Demons are out to rubbish their human captive whom God created in his image. They bring influx of different thoughts into their mind. They try it with normal people too but d difference here is dat they don't have total control. Though there are some men demons can't influence in anyway, these hv subjected their thought life to jesus and his words.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2012
Mad people laugh cos they re sorry for us
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 25, 2012
Not all mad people do laugh, i have seen a few sad mad men
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by k2039: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Ak47yang: u talk as if u hav 1nce been their

Hmm,you sound like someone who has been close to one.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by shadrach77: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
To answer the question I think the answer is ; a mad man feels he is sane and everyone else is mad and as such the events around him appear humorous smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
bleeping thread
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by charlsecy4(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
ACM10: The difference between laughter and madness is "STIMULUS". Stimulus must precede a normal laugh, but madman laughs both in the presence and absence of stimulus.

Who told you there's no stimulus for a mad person to laugh? Stimulus must not always be perceivable. Do you know their thoughts? Humans can laugh following some thoughts. Don't think the mad laugh without stimulus, since you don't know their thoughts.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by chiefbatiatus(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nickydrake: Anyone who has read Anton Chekhov's Ward 6 will understand how little laughter has got to do with madness. In fact, i should think that the most bizarre and fearful form of madness is that which is without mirth.

The laughing lunatic exists in utopian euphoria. He sees no need for any concern. The world, to him, is just as it should be; free of cares, free of thought itself.

Then there is the more terrible shade of madness. The subject is bound in dystopian darkness. His mind is a cinema of horrors. He is subdued and sorrowful in his brightest moments, and other times he is dragged deep down into inconsolable depression. He engages in thought in his own demented way, and with an expression of deep puzzlement asks utterly meaningless questions. He frowns. Sometimes he sobs. But he NEVER laughs.

Thank you sir for the brief and incisive education, I shall look for the book, accept my respects
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nickydrake(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
chief batiatus:

Thank you sir for the brief and incisive education, I shall look for the book, accept my respects

Thank you, Chief Batiatus. It's actually a short story. You can find it at www.classicreader.com/book/2016/1/

Cannot provide a link as i'm posting from a phone.

Edit: Oh, there's a link after all.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nickydrake(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
charlsecy4:

Who told you there's no stimulus for a mad person to laugh? Stimulus must not always be perceivable. Do you know their thoughts? Humans can laugh following some thoughts. Don't think the mad laugh without stimulus, since you don't know their thoughts.

Good reply.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by emiye(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ op, i believe your assertion that most mad people on the street smile or laugh is wrong. Your wrong perception was formed from what nollywood or movies depict mad people with. Take a survey of mad people on the street, you hardly see them smiling or laughing. They wear a sober or morose look.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? by Nextworldnx(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
OP,
Ask MadCow lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 'kanye' An Igbo Name? / Fulani's Are More Beautiful Than The Horners / Old Picture Of Afonja Palace In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.