Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Peugeot Matter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot Matter (3516 Views)

Peugeot 407: What Is Your View? / How Reliable Is Peugeot 607? / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot Matter by camaro(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
i have observed lately that you are the only one tackling problems related to Peugeot. pls how can i take care of an anti-pollution problem as well as anti-theft problem. this problem has been on for over some months on my 307 with a four cylinder engine. i dont just want to take it to any road side mechanic. i reside in abia state and i dont know any good mechanic that can solve the problem. i await ur reply.
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
camaro: i have observed lately that you are the only one tackling problems related to Peugeot. pls how can i take care of an anti-pollution problem as well as anti-theft problem. this problem has been on for over some months on my 307 with a four cylinder engine. i dont just want to take it to any road side mechanic. i reside in abia state and i dont know any good mechanic that can solve the problem. i await ur reply.

The anti-Pollution fault issue has been treated severally in Peugeot thread. Refer to the thread and learn more. https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community

But just to be brief, Anti-Pollution fault showing on the on-board computer car electronics self diagnosis screen on your dashboard, means that your car is polluting the environment because one or more of the injection components in your car is faulty or has failed. Meaning, the car is running rich (consumes excess fuel). Oxygen sensor is usually the culprit, but not all the time. For faster diagnosis, scan the car. Better you scan the car with PP2000 (Peugeot Planet 2000). This may also be an opportunity for you to aquire the lexia 3, best scanning tool specially produced for modern Peugeots and Citroens.

As for the anti-theft issue, i believe it is a BSI matter. Scanning the car with PP2000, will give you the culprit. Goodluck.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot Matter by megastu(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2013
Ikenna, what is your take about Peugeot 407 SW v6?
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 4:25pm On May 03, 2013
megastu: Ikenna, what is your take about Peugeot 407 SW v6?

Please, note that Peugeot 407 also got V6 Diesel engine. So, it depends on which you want to know : petrol v6 or diesel v6?

The 407 petrol v6 has the same v6 engine, ES9J4S, in my 406 V6. Trust me, you will love it! Th engine was produced by Peugeot and Renault and was refined by Porsche. Trust me, when you push the car hard on expressway, you will feel in are in a Porsche, because it sounds and pulls like one. In a few words, the engine was co-produced by Renault, Peugeot and Porsche. It develops maximum 210 hp.

But, note that it has 4 oxygen sensors and 4 catalytic converters (2 pre-cats and 2 main cats under the car). Make sure you use good fuel so that none of the above components fail sooner than you expect. Also, the engine comes with Sagem coil packs (6 of them) as factory which dont last. Owners do change them to the durable brand, Delphi. Driving with a failed coil pack for a longtime would kill oxygen sensor(s) of the bank the coil pack failed. And if still continued to be used, will kill the catalytic converter(s) on the bank with failed oxygen sensor(s). So be careful where you buy fuel with such a car and replace any coil pack that fails immediately. Its always better to replace the 6 with the durable brand, Delphi, at the same time. Unfortunate thing is that to get to the coil packs or spark plugs on the bank 2, you will have to remove the intake manifold to get to them, though,not a big deal, as long as the intake manifold gasket/seal is available.

Knowing the condition of the timing belt, its tensioner and 3 rollers is a must. If not sure of when last it was changed, replaced immediately. Because you do not want that belt to break on you.

On a good note, the mpg of that engine is outstanding. Three days ago, i was driving my 406 v6 on an Abuja expressway, i checked the mpg and saw i was getting 39.5 mpg on a very high speed. Very impressive!

About 407 SW, i dont know much about the Lion, but i do know it has more toys than 406. As for handling, i have no idea, since i have never driving one.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2013
Please, post your next query in the link below please:

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community/20#1003701.646

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot Matter by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

Please, note that Peugeot 407 also got V6 Diesel engine. So, it depends on which you want to know : petrol v6 or diesel v6?

The 407 petrol v6 has the same v6 engine, ES9J4S, in my 406 V6. Trust me, you will love it! Th engine was produced by Peugeot and Renault and was refined by Porsche. Trust me, when you push the car hard on expressway, you will feel in are in a Porsche, because it sounds and pulls like one. In a few words, the engine was co-produced by Renault, Peugeot and Porsche. It develops maximum 210 hp.

But, note that it has 4 oxygen sensors and 4 catalytic converters (2 pre-cats and 2 main cats under the car). Make sure you use good fuel so that none of the above components fail sooner than you expect. Also, the engine comes with Sagem coil packs (6 of them) as factory which dont last. Owners do change them to the durable brand, Delphi. Driving with a failed coil pack for a longtime would kill oxygen sensor(s) of the bank the coil pack failed. And if still continued to be used, will kill the catalytic converter(s) on the bank with failed oxygen sensor(s). So be careful where you buy fuel with such a car and replace any coil pack that fails immediately. Its always better to replace the 6 with the durable brand, Delphi, at the same time. Unfortunate thing is that to get to the coil packs or spark plugs on the bank 2, you will have to remove the intake manifold to get to them, though,not a big deal, as long as the intake manifold gasket/seal is available.

Knowing the condition of the timing belt, its tensioner and 3 rollers is a must. If not sure of when last it was changed, replaced immediately. Because you do not want that belt to break on you.

On a good note, the mpg of that engine is outstanding. Three days ago, i was driving my 406 v6 on an Abuja expressway, i checked the mpg and saw i was getting 39.5 mpg on a very high speed. Very impressive!

About 407 SW, i dont know much about the Lion, but i do know it has more toys than 406. As for handling, i have no idea, since i have never driving one.

Ikenna.
hey Ikenna,nice one can I have a look at ur 406 V6?
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 5:29pm On May 03, 2013
nony30: hey Ikenna,nice one can I have a look at ur 406 V6?

You mean pics or live?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot Matter by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

You mean pics or live?

Ikenna.
pics.Tanks
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2013
Re: Peugeot Matter by olamega(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2013
Pls I need ur help bro's!
my 607('09 model) was leaking transmission oil, so I took it to the garage,now I was told that I will need to get the following: Converter, converter plate,and oil pump. Please help me with the price of these parts. Thankkkssss
Re: Peugeot Matter by Ikenna351(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2013
olamega: Pls I need ur help bro's!
my 607('09 model) was leaking transmission oil, so I took it to the garage,now I was told that I will need to get the following: Converter, converter plate,and oil pump. Please help me with the price of these parts. Thankkkssss

No idea. Am the wrong person to ask anything about auto trans. I just dont like them, hence, less interest.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot Matter by olamega(m): 6:42am On May 28, 2013
Thanks bro. But please can you direct me to someone i can confirm the price from?
Re: Peugeot Matter by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Re: Peugeot Matter by namada: 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Hey Ikenna I have been having issue with my 407 depollution system faulty. when I diagnose it, it says catalyst converter ageing. What do you suggest I do? Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports / Nigerian Man Made A Car Of Wood (photos) / PAN Nigeria Canvasses Intervention Funding For The Automobile Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.