Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? (2308 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / The Question Of Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
This has always bordered me cos it just seems that people (especially fellow Christians) do take God's forgiven nature for granted and use it as an inspiration to go on with sin with hope of getting forgiveness later.

I am sure many people do have this dilemna too. You know knowing that God will forgive you no matter the gravity of sin you commit in life, can give some people hope to go on with sin, while planning to ask for forgiveness when done.

Pls what do you guys think about this, I would love to get intelligent answers pls.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
nobody can cheat or take God for granted. SIN(Satan's induced Notions) is a foreign language to one who has TRULY surrendered his/her life to Christ(2cor.5v17).
a murderer,rapist,adulterer,idolater is beta dn one who after knowin Christ,stil continue in sin,an offence u comit unknowingly attracts 4givnes wen askd,d one u comit knowingly attracts punishmnt,infact no 4givnes(hebr.10v26).
sin is an abominatn to a TRUE christian n we canot continue in sin n xpect d grace of God to abound.Rom.6

1 Like

Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by k2039: 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
Grace is neither permissivness or liniency,Grace is not cheap and Grace is not free(it cost God His son).

Their are great consequences for deliberate and willful sins.

Yes,God will forgive our sin,but forgiveness doesnt prevent the sinner from being accountable for any consequences of his actions.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
a christian who falls into sins every now n then needed a serious deliverance or one who commits d sin KNOWINGLY and thinks that God wil forgiv him/her later,infact how does he even kno dt he's bn 4given n wil nt b punished?.all those ideas are satanic induced notions.
even Jesus while carryin d sins of d world God removed His eyes from Him- wch He felt. talkles of
ordinary being who commits it consciously.
evry christian shud always rembr d sayin of Hebr.10v26 when sinful tots com into our minds.
it's wel
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks K and Adeniyi, great responses so far, but don't you think some Christians have this believe of I can sin now and ask for forgiveness later since God is merciful Goodmorning smiley
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Tropilo(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2012
I don't really think people just go all out to commit sin knowing HE will forgive. Methink it a case of human fallible nature and GOD realises this.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD.

All not some. (all is the catch word)

Ofcourse our GOD is a merciful, gracious and awesome GOD.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Tropilo: I don't really think people just go all out to commit sin knowing HE will forgive. Methink it a case of human fallible nature and GOD realises this.

Ofcourse our GOD is a merciful, gracious and awesome GOD.
yeah I do understand that ALL have sinned, but sometimes we take this nature of God for granted
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Tropilo: I don't really think people just go all out to commit sin knowing HE will forgive. Methink it a case of human fallible nature and GOD realises this.
Ofcourse our GOD is a merciful, gracious&awesome GOD.
true,al av sinned,bt then we're now new in christ -this entails consciousness of sins n fleeing them,we've bn given power trample on snakes n scorpions,all we only nid is sefcontrol
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
repentance and forgiveness happen at salvation. There is NO salvation without the two. You can't use one and be saved, they are irrevocably intertwined.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by pecopeco: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nice and great
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by omotola1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
As far as I‘m concerned, this thread is one of the best I‘ve ever come across in Religion section. Issues like this should really be discussed.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
pecopeco: Nice and great
what's it?
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by sunkoye: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
Times for everytin! Time for divine mercy and grace. But pple don't often remember the time for divine justice. Let God decides dat! But we can nt continue in sin and say grace should abound
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by P4VS20: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
the concept of forgiveness isn't a license to sin, but the path way to receive grace. what sin does is to separate God from man. that is why when Adam n eve fell, they went into hiding because there was a break in fellowship, remembering that God is too Holy he cant behold sin. Forgiveness through the Blood of Jesus gives us the gift to instead of running away from God as the enemy wants, run to God, cos when you run to God, that is where you confess your sins (own them, not blame one devil) n repent (turn away from the sin) n believe you have freedom.

if because of grace, forgiveness, you willingly continue in sin, then you are not a child of God, because the bible says "those who set their minds on the things of the flesh re controlled by the flesh, but those who set their minds on the things of the Spirit are controlled by the Spirit and are the sons of God.

in summary, forgiveness says "stop beating your self n get up and run to God cos he is waiting to hold you" not "well i sinned, i should continue sinning cos he has forgiving me, that is simply rebelling"
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Flygerian1(m): 4:06am On Nov 26, 2012
Father forgive my sins for i have sinned against Thee.

Nice thread.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2012
omotola1: As far as I‘m concerned, this thread is one of the best I‘ve ever come across in Religion section. Issues like this should really be discussed.
smiley
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2012
Flygerian.:
Father forgive my sins for i have sinned against Thee.
Amen! He will forgive us all our sins and show mercy!
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by chyket(m): 8:02am On Nov 26, 2012
God's ways are not man's ways.God created us and He knows that for as long as we have this flesh,we are prone to sin so he left that window of reconciliation . Our righeousness is like a filthy rag unto God.Jesus major aim of becoming Man was actually to reconcile us back to God and leave us with an opportunity to always be able to get back to God whenever we miss it.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 26, 2012
chyket: God's ways are not man's ways.God created us and He knows that for as long as we have this flesh,we are prone to sin so he left that window of reconciliation . Our righeousness is like a filthy rag unto God.Jesus major aim of becoming Man was actually to reconcile us back to God and leave us with an opportunity to always be able to get back to God whenever we miss it.

Nice analysis... smiley
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Joagbaje(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
DailyNews: This has always bordered me cos it just seems that people (especially fellow Christians) do take God's forgiven nature for granted and use it as an inspiration to go on with sin with hope of getting forgiveness later.

God forgives but there's law of sowing and reaping, when a man makes a sincere mistakes , there are consequences that sin brings These are not from God. Sin has consequences . It opens a man to satanic affliction. So if a man God for granted , how does he handle Satan

I am sure many people do have this dilemna too. You know knowing that God will forgive you no matter the gravity of sin you commit in life, can give some people hope to go on with sin, while planning to ask for forgiveness when done

No child of God would live to live in sin. A child of God will desire to do things that are pleasing to God. Except he doesn't have the spirit of God.

1 John 3:6
Those who live in Christ don't go on sinning. Those who go on sinning haven't seen or known Christ.
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
Joagbaje:

God forgives but there's law of sowing and reaping, when a man makes a sincere mistakes , there are consequences that sin brings These are not from God. Sin has consequences . It opens a man to satanic affliction. So if a man God for granted , how does he handle Satan

No child of God would live to live in sin. A child of God will desire to do things that are pleasing to God. Except he doesn't have the spirit of God.

1 John 3:6
Those who live in Christ don't go on sinning. Those who go on sinning haven't seen or known Christ.
Nice smiley
Re: Does The Concept Of Forgiveness Encourage Christians To Sin More? by emmyileri(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Patience: The Gap Between Promise And Manifestation / Sodomy In Islamic Paradise / The God Of Isreal Not The Same As The God Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.