Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:56 PM

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? (8626 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / The Truth About The Holy Trinity. / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by HerexG(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
Do you belief in The Holy Trinity ?

I pray that this write up
will help you belief

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (1 John 5:7-7).

What comes into your mind when the word trinity is mentioned in Christianity ? The above scripture defines says it all about the word trinity.
But some will say because the word trinity is not mentioned anywhere in the bible, they don't belief in it. I will answer this by asking this two questions, "can you find the word "bible" or "rapture" in the word of God ? The fact that trinity is not mentioned in the bible does'nt mean that the knowledge and power behind trinity is void.
Some will also ask, how can you say God, Jesus and the Holy spirit are one, they will go ahead to magnify it saying that God is the Almighty, Jesus is mighty and the Holy spirit is the working power. The above scripture also answer's this, and i will also stress on some other vital points. When Jesus was admonishing His disciples on baptism, He said " baptsing them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy spirit" watch this, He used a singular term to address this persons, this is to show that the Father, Son and Holy spirit are one. Assuming they were more than one the write word should have been "baptsing them in the "names" and not "name" of the Father, Son and the Holy spirit. And Christ did mentioned in the bible that " before Abraham I Am " that phrase is very wrong gramatically but He surely knows the message He is trying to convey. He is trying to show that He and His Father are one (I Am that I Am).
The Holy trinity is of great importantance and relevance in Christianity, God is God, Jesus is God and the Holy spirit is God in action .
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" (Philippians 2:6-7).
Remember Christ once said "I and my Father are one"
God bless you....

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
There is nothing holy about the trinity, it a pagan concept !!

8 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by HerexG(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel: There is nothing holy about the trinity, it a pagan concept !!

You thinks so ? If so, kindly lay down your emphasis.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Jutresbien: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
The bible clearly shows that the trinity doctrine is false. For starters, the portion you quoted is not rendered that way in the original manuscript(google is your friend). Jesus was identified as the christ, THE SON of the living God. John 3:16, Matt 16:16. He acknowledged that the father is greater than he is. John 14:28 and clearly stated that he does nothing out of his initiative, but just as the father sent him, so he acts. When he was getting baptized, his father spoke from heaven, giving his approval of His only begotten son and it was his Father who raised him up from the dead. You should read John 17:3. Jesus called his father THE ONLY TRUE GOD. When the scriptures talk about oneness between father and son, it is unity, agreement such as should exist between husband and wife and all of christ followers.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.
I believe in U

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
Law-confessor:
God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.
I believe in U

You believe in 3 gods not ONE.

There is only ONE God and he is called God the Father.

His Son is called Jesus Christ the Messiah.

His spirit is his gift of eternal life and power to all believers through Christ.

ONE God , not 3.

"To whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared? " - Isaiah 46:5

If you can twist the me pronoun to mean 3 and not 1, you need to retrace your theology back to the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2012
frosbel:

You believe in 3 gods not ONE.

There is only ONE God and he is called God the Father.

His Son is called Jesus Christ the Messiah.

His spirit is his gift of eternal life and power to all believers through Christ.

ONE God , not 3.

"To whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared? " - Isaiah 46:5

If you can twist the me pronoun to mean 3 and not 1, you need to retrace your theology back to the bible.

In genesis 1:26, I suppose God d Father ws talking to some persons...
Pls can U emphasis more on dat verse??
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
Law-confessor:

In genesis 1:26, I suppose God d Father ws talking to some persons...
Pls can U emphasis more on dat verse??

Well it did not mention the names of the people God was speaking with , but it obvious GOD the Father was speaking to some beings who could have been angels of a very high rank .

But :

1. He did not state the number of beings
2. No names were mentioned.

To therefore suggest that this was a trinity of 3 is actually presumptuous at best.

Can you please quote Genesis 1:27 here , for us please ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
"So God created man in His own image.
In the image of God created He him;
Male and female created He them"

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
Law-confessor:

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh?

Oh Yeah grin

Note the pronouns used, not we or us, but HIS and HE.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by HerexG(m): 3:23am On Nov 25, 2012
Ponder on this
It was a prophecy
Written between 701-681 BC

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6-6).

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2012
HerexG :
Ponder on this
It was a prophecy
Written between 701-681 BC

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6-6).

Exactly d passage I want to quote...
Fenk U dear
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bunch of confused black men/ women. Always arguing on some imported religion with no evidence to back up their claims besides some ancient book. I weep for my race.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Enigma(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
Meekness and Majesty

Meekness and majesty
Manhood and Deity
In perfect harmony
The Man who is God
Lord of eternity

Dwells in humanity
Kneels in humility
And washes our feet

Refrain:
O what a mystery
Meekness and majesty
Bow down and worship
For this is your God
This is your God

Father's pure radiance
Perfect in innocence
Yet learns obedience
To death on a cross
Suffering to give us life
Conquering through sacrifice
And as they crucify
Prays: 'Father forgive.'

Wisdom unsearchable
God the invisible

Love indestructible
In frailty appears
Lord of infinity
Stooping so tenderly
Lifts our humanity
To the heights of His throne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBonpqR7ay0
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by JAkpayen(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
@HerexG/Law-confessor

What does Acts 7:55-56 mean? (But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God).
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Law-confessor:
God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.
I believe in U

Big fool!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Boomark(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
Law-confessor:

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh?

Christ is also His image.

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
ifeness:

Big fool!

Whoa! Whoa!! Whoa!!!
I don't think it has really gotn to d extent of laying abuses.
U hav ur belief I hav mine.
So Y caln one a fool?
Or am I nt entitled to my belief?

Nevertheless dear thank U n remain blessed

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
JAkpayen: @HerexG/Law-confessor

What does Acts 7:55-56 mean? (But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God).

Hw den dd d holy bible say dt d son *Jesus Christ* is d "MIGHTY-GOD" and "ETERNAL FATHER"?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by aku626(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
this is tough to reason humanly but on the last day all would be.
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tintingz(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
The [size=17pt]trinity[/size]
is no diff with the [size=14pt]greek god[/size]
[size=17pt]zeus[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
The Father, the Son and Holy spirit are One. It just a matter of form and reveals. See,Thus, the names Jesus used for himself point to the fact that he was claiming equality with God. But did Jesus speak and act with the authority of God?Those who listened to Jesus, observed his moral perfection, and saw him perform miracles, wondered if he was the long-promised Messiah. Finally his opponents surrounded him at the Temple, asking:

“How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

Jesus answered,

“The proof is what I do in the name of my Father.” He compared his followers with sheep saying, “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish.” He then revealed to them that “the Father is greater than all,” and that his deeds were “at the Father’s direction.” Jesus’ humility must have been disarming. But then Jesus dropped a bombshell, telling them, (John 10:25-30)

“The Father and I are one.”

If Jesus had meant that he was merely in agreement with God, there would have been no strong reaction. But, the Jews again picked up stones to kill him. Jesus then asked them, “At my Father’s direction I have done many things to help the people. For which one of these good deeds are you killing me?”

They replied,

“Not for any good work; but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, have made yourself God” (John 10:33).

As Jesus was preparing his disciples for his upcoming death on the cross and departure, Thomas wanted to know where he was going and the way there. Jesus answered Thomas:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him.” (John 14:5-9)

They were confused. Philip then speaks up, asking Jesus to “show us the Father.” Jesus’ answers Philip with these shocking words:

“Philip, don’t you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!”

In effect Jesus was saying, “Philip if you want to see the Father, look at me!” In John 17 Jesus reveals that this oneness with his Father had existed in eternity past, “before the world began.” According to Jesus, there has never been a time when he did not share God’s very glory and essence.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by olempe(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
I do believe in the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by DANILSA(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
frosbel: There is nothing holy about the trinity, it a pagan concept !!
200,000,000 likes

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by tevinsolt: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
That's what the bible clearly teaches, unless you add or deduct from the scriptures.....but it is a fact he wasn't killed because he said love God and love your neighbors....but rather because he claimed to be God.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good: Bunch of confused black men/ women. Always arguing on some imported religion with no evidence to back up their claims besides some ancient book. I weep for my race.
weeep for urself...cos a time is comming and very soon. U will long for this discussion bt u won't have the oppurtunity. May God help u

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by 2good(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
sunkoye: weeep for urself...cos a time is comming and very soon. U will long for this discussion bt u won't have the oppurtunity. May God help u

Which of the gods are you talking about?
Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by LemonBoy1: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good: Bunch of confused black men/ women. Always arguing on some imported religion with no evidence to back up their claims besides some ancient book. I weep for my race.

U nid 2 weep 4 ur sef nd ur after life 4 ds rubbish u js said...hw d hell can u fully understand d HOLY TRINITY wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d perfection of nature, wen u nd ur cohots cnt explain d reason behind "the living bodies of Saints that died long ago nd av being buried 4 centuries nd millenia, yet their bodies r still as fresh as ever" ?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Lawconfessor(f): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
2good:

Which of the gods are you talking about?

God Almighty
God d Father, Son & Holy-spirit.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by LemonBoy1: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
JAkpayen: @HerexG/Law-confessor

my guy "right hand " means THEY r " ONE nd THESAME" does GOD have hand lyk humans?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by Chinwem(f): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yes I believe in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Catholic and proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? by sunkoye: 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
tevinsolt: That's what the bible clearly teaches, unless you add or deduct from the scriptures.....but it is a fact he wasn't killed because he said love God and love your neighbors....but rather because he claimed to be God.
yea..he was killed cos of his claims. Pple are comfortable with him as a great teacher, even a prophet is cool for the. Bt to manifest Isaiah 6:1 they can't live with.Look, the secular response to the Christ story always goes like this: He was a great prophet, obviously a very interesting guy, had a lot to say along the lines of other great prophets, be they Elijah, Muhammad, Buddha, or Confucius. But actually Christ doesn’t allow you that. He doesn’t let you off the hook. Christ says, No. I’m not saying I’m a teacher, don’t call me a teacher. I’m not saying I’m a prophet….I’m saying I’m God incarnate.” And people like frosbel and 2good will say: No, no, please, just be a prophet. A prophet we can take. Pple are alway scared to admit the truth! It seems too hot to handle...lol. The basic- Jesus is the very God the old testament reavels

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / Does God Approve Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.