Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Class Discrimination: When Will It End? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Class Discrimination: When Will It End? (11211 Views)

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / Having Nigerian Husbands Exposes Us To Daily Discrimination – Wives - / Transgender 6years OLD Wins Discrimination Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2012
It has always been known that the rich people always want their children to marry people from a rich family. This has brought the question of class difference. Some of us have had the opportunity of dating people that come from a rich family, but the relationship has always failed to last long. Can this ever stop? Share your views
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by akintun: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
It can never stop

2 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Caseless: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hmmm...Op, stick to ur class...rich people nor too get mercy for poor people, not to talk of giving u their daughter to marry. U can see the wide dispairity between the rich and the poor in our country...no middle class...it is either u are extremely rich or u are extremely poor. Smh

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 25, 2012
Never...
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by tpia1: 1:46am On Nov 25, 2012
nothing wrong with rich people dating other rich people, imo.

doesnt mean they're bad.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by greatgod2012(f): 4:27am On Nov 25, 2012
I dont think it can ever stop, @op, havent u heard of this song "olowo nsore olowo.............."
so, calm down, it is well!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull: It has always been known that the rich people always want their children to marry people from a rich family. This has brought the question of class difference. Some of us have had the opportunity of dating people that come from a rich family, but the relationship has always failed to last long. Can this ever stop? Share your views

so let's assume you became rich in your profession......
you laboured hard and you married a good wife who have you beautiful kids. you spent fortunes raising your daughters the right way. good education, excellent upbringing, outstanding family values and then one evening, a dirty looking unkempt guy shows up on your doorstep asking to see your daughter......how would you react?

5 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by EfemenaXY: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

you laboured hard and you married a good wife who have you beautiful kids. you spent fortunes raising your daughters the right way. good education, excellent upbringing, outstanding family values and then one evening, a dirty looking unkempt guy shows up on your doorstep asking to see your daughter......how would you react?

Lol! And that says it all!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

I will tell him I'm going in to get her then call jake(our bulldog) to chase him away/ tear his pants!

Part of the reason she goes to good school ...so she can end up with a good boy.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by hustla(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
Wait.......

Let me ask Ifa

6 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by pecopeco: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
very soon
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

Hmm. Since when does poor = dirty looking and unkempt? I doubt that even a poor father will want his daughter to date a dirty looking unkempt guy jare.

2 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Destindave(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Next century
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Abali1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Class Discrimination will only end when all other forms of Discriminations stop.

So far as we human beings think that we are somehow better than our fellows for any reason at all, Discriminations will always be there.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

Presentation matters most in life and the way we reason differs too, if you are going to your GF house and you know the status of their family bet it with me you wouldnt wanna look unkept as in you will parkage ursef to some extent.
Though d poverty will still show but you as a man dat knows wat it mean to be in poverty as in you were once in his shoe you wont pursue him....
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull: It has always been known that the rich people always want their children to marry people from a rich family. This has brought the question of class difference. Some of us have had the opportunity of dating people that come from a rich family, but the relationship has always failed to last long. Can this ever stop? Share your views

It never will.
Its the unfortunate rule of life.
You will always have human beings who see themselves as larger than life...larger than God.
So it will never end.

2 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

I'd ask him what his intentions for my daughter are.
I'm not going to run him from my porch or act a fool because I think I am better than him.
Every rich person or well off person has had a poor ancestor at some point. If that ancestor wasn't given a chance they wouldn't be here...food for thought.

4 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by acidtalk: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
NEVER!!!

Tigers will Never be found playing with cats.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by yam: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ op, i dont believe that.u typed like a loser.

there are two things invovle

it is either u did not step up your game or the person does not love whoever is involve enough.

it is not worst than religion discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by KpagoGIN(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
I won't advice any one to even try switch class when it comes to relationship if you not prepared for tthe conspiracy theories from either side of the family.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thumbs up Acid!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Curiouscity(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
This thread shows the type of people we have in Nigeria and on Nairaland.

I think what the OP mean is knowing that the guy/girl is from a poor background or that the parents
are nobody in the society. Nigerians carry this class stuff too far. Imagine Nigerian students in the
western world discriminating base on "who ya papa be for naija?".

If you look into your family line, someone must have been poor before you came to see the riches. So a
guy/gal from poor background today can be rich tomorrow. Ever seen a rich empire crumble? I think we have many
presently in Nigeria. Come to think that most of us want to turn to 'oyigbo', yet the people we copy don't
discriminate base on class. Why don't we copy +ve things.

I had a classmate whose father came for visiting days(in Sec. Sch) with a bicycle in the '90s. He want to d Uni and
girls shunned him, because he was poor. Today he is a supervisor in Shell with a large economic empire. Many of those
rich girls started stalking him. I leave the rest to ya imagination.

"A king was once a crying baby, a skyscraper was once a blueprint".

12 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by omoseun(f): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
I believe that nobody want their children to mary into a poor family (even the poor don't want their children to may a poor person). It is just unfortunate, that is the ways life is. I believe you will understand better once you have children, you will want the best for them and that goes as far as helping them in selecting a life partner.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ curious ... Good for your friend he broke the chain of poverty in his family..... but you don't have to be too emotional here... It is what it is.... I don't want my kids to roll with people I don't know and I don't know his intentions period!

I doubt you have kids of your own to know how it feels when it comes to their safety undecided

@ omoseun thank you jare.... Yeah unfortunate ... That's what it is.... no sugar coating anything ....
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
Are you guys agree with this discrimination syndrome to be continue? .. Have yu forgotten that people yu meet wen going UP yu will still meet dem while coming DOWN? Do good......
And the people you think they are worthless today can be of help to yu tomorrow ...hun
Food for thought

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull: Are you guys agree with this discrimination syndrome to be continue? .. Have yu forgotten that people yu meet wen going UP yu will still meet dem while coming DOWN? Do good......
And the people you think they are worthless today can be of help to yu tomorrow ...hun
Food for thought

I worked very hard to be up so there's no going down talk less of meeting somebody ....so long story short I don't need your help!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
*Kails*:

I'd ask him what his intentions for my daughter are.
I'm not going to run him from my porch or act a fool because I think I am better than him.
Every rich person or well off person has had a poor ancestor at some point. If that ancestor wasn't given a chance they wouldn't be here...food for thought.

what else is his intention if not to put your daughter in the family way.....easier said than done. when you raise that beautiful daughter of yours, auction her @ the most notorious ghetto near you!

Yusfull:
Presentation matters most in life and the way we reason differs too, if you are going to your GF house and you know the status of their family bet it with me you wouldnt wanna look unkept as in you will parkage ursef to some extent.
Though d poverty will still show but you as a man dat knows wat it mean to be in poverty as in you were once in his shoe you wont pursue him....

the poverty would still show? really? the reason rich people don't let their wards associate with the poor people is vast. its not necessarily because they resent the poor folks but sometimes one class has the potential of rubbing on another.

if mike adenuga suddenly allows his daughter to be following a poor guy - some of the traits of that boy would soon start to manifest in the girl. the dude is poor - remember? suddenly, the financial responsibility would fall on the rich girl.....sooner than later, the girl would soon start to steal to sustain the fun in the relationship and so on and so forth!

i don't blame any rich man shielding his kids from some certain class of people. they worked hard to become rich.....the poor folks should do the same as well. people should marry from their class to avoid unnecessary resentment and disrespect!

3 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
@ cooger cheesy grin .... thank you jare!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Youngzedd(m): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2012

My brother, let me tell you the truth, you see that word "POVERTY" it's a communicable
disease.

Am not saying the rich getting married to the lower class isn't proper but just trying to point out something here.

Don't tell me that Senate president will allow a lower class nigga to marry his daughter.

But if you are too smart to enter into rich/upper class, go to church and give thankgiving because the chain of POVERTY has been broken.

Say Amen.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

what else is his intention if not to put your daughter in the family way.....easier said than done. when you raise that beautiful daughter of yours, auction her @ the most notorious ghetto near you!

the poverty would still show? really? the reason rich people don't let their wards associate with the poor people is vast. its not necessarily because they resent the poor folks but sometimes one class has the potential of rubbing on another.

if mike adenuga suddenly allows his daughter to be following a poor guy - some of the traits of that boy would soon start to manifest in the girl. the dude is poor - remember? suddenly, the financial responsibility would fall on the rich girl.....sooner than later, the girl would soon start to steal to sustain the fun in the relationship and so on and so forth!

i don't blame any rich man shielding his kids from some certain class of people. they worked hard to become rich.....the poor folks should do the same as well. people should marry from their class to avoid unnecessary resentment and disrespect!

But as for me i can never chase him or her away instead i'll tune him/her to my taste.................

You nab it bro..... May God bless and help the less priviledge....... undecided

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
jidegirl12:

I worked very hard to be up so there's no going down talk less of meeting somebody ....so long story short I don't need your help!
Jide that's not a honourable response pls...in as much as I agree with the fact that life works like the op explained, we can't be ignorant enough not to say its wrong even though we desire our kids to be with d best partners for future security.

Op, forget the idea of marrying a rich girl, work, pray and have the strong faith that u will be rich someday n believe me u will ok? U don't really need a girl from a rich family to become rich- Jonathan didn't married from a rich family, most ppl I know who are grt n wealthy didn't, so take it off from ur mind n work hard. God will bless you, and may He remember u cos grace is all you need to make it in life. Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

But as for me i can never chase him or her away instead i'll tune him/her to my taste.................

You nab it bro..... May God bless and help the less priviledge....... undecided

it begs the question: why spend money tuning him/her when you can get the ready-made version?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? / Gender Stereotypes Part I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.