Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. (670 Views)

How I Met Izi. / A Dog's Life, A Cats Incarceration / A Must Read Story Of A Faithfull Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. by offorkansi: 3:03am On Nov 25, 2012
I will never forget the day I got the chase of my life in the hands of a monstrous looking dog. I had gone to visit an old friend who had just returned from the states where he did his masters program. I was carried away by the stories he was telling me that I hardly noticed the large 3 feet tall pit bull in the compound. The angry barking of the dog jerked me back to reality and as I looked up, I saw the dog charging towards me ferociously. Trust my adrenaline - it shot up and fear overpowered my sense of reasoning. Before my friend could say Offor! I dashed off, my heels nearly touching the back of my head. I didn't even hear the voice of my friend yelling at me to stop running neither did I see their security man in front of me, until I crashed into him, both of us landing on the floor. You would be wondering what happened to me when the dog found me agonizing helplessly on the floor. Stay with me a little longer, I'll re-visit the story. Security is one of man's most cherished needs. Everybody wants security; physical, social and even emotional. We value physical security more than others because as our people say, "you don't need to tell a deaf man that war has started"; when your life is at risk, you rarely spare thought on things like love or social status. That is why many people keep dogs like my friend and install security gadgets to ward off intruders especially in this part of the world where insecurity is high. Our material possessions (cars, houses, money, property etc.) is not what is at greatest risk of being attacked. Our greatest asset in life receives little attention because most people do not even see it as an asset. Little wonder why so many people are in pains. Your mind is your greatest asset in life! The quality of your life is a reflection of your state of mind. No wonder the bible admonishes us to guide our hearts with "all diligence". Our minds are constantly under attack. From the vulgar songs that hits our ears to the obscene movies that feeds our eyes, from shameless girls that bare their unclothedness in the name of dressing to politicians that flaunt their ill gotten wealth, from news headlines that constantly reminds us of the worlds problems to incredulous stories that makes us question our faith; it takes a mind with maximum security to remain sane and untainted. There are three gateways to your mind: eye gate, mouth gate and ear gate. Stuff your ears from stories that could shake your beliefs and affect your dreams. Close your eyes to pictures that would feed your mind with thoughts that will cause you to lose focus. Refuse to utter words of doubts that will shake your courage in the face of opposition. Refrain from friends that carry the odor of foul negativity. Guard your mind and guide your future. Your mind is your gold mine, protect it. If you are interested in knowing how I survived the dog attack, read my next note: Every second counts.
Re: Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. by offorkansi: 12:10am On Nov 26, 2012
Pls drop your comments. I would really appreciate your response
Re: Dog Attack: How I Escaped Death. by Omexonomy: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
You try especialy in the last lines keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Book Republic Magazine : Call For Books And Essays / Need Ur Help Pls / The Raging Thunderstorm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.