Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 AM

Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot (5602 Views)

Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Coma After 17 Months, Converts To Isl / Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by Leadn(m): 10:20am On Nov 25, 2012
Thanksgiving miracle as boyfriend wakes from month-long coma after being shot in the head

Doctors told Benjamin Pessah’s family he might not live after he was shot in the head. But after waking from an almost month-long coma, Pessah said his first words and took his first steps just in time for Thanksgiving. Pessah, of Burlingame, Calif., was walking home from a Halloween party in San Francisco Oct. 28 with two friends and his girlfriend when a stranger came up and touched his girlfriend inappropriately. Pessah, 21, stepped in to protect her when the man pulled out a gun and shot him in the head.

“It was pretty bizarre and unnecessary,” Pessah’s older brother, Nick Pessah, told ABCNews.com. “He [the stranger] attempted to shoot the group of four of them. He missed everybody but the last bullet hit my brother in the head.”

When doctors first examined Pessah’s injuries, they told his family he wasn’t going to make it. At one point, doctors said he only had a 25 percent chance of living.

“They weren’t going to operate because he was too severely injured,” Nick Pessah said. “Then they said they would attempt it but normally they wouldn’t. They only did because he is young and has a chance at surviving. They weren’t sure if he was going to make it or not.”

Pessah was in a medically induced coma for almost a month. But just a few days before Thanksgiving, his breathing tube was taken out and he said his first words. In a faint whisper, he said, “Hi Mom.”
“My mom was the only one who saw him speak and it brought her to tears,” Nick Pessah said.

On Thanksgiving day, Pessah took his first steps with his parents and three brothers in his hospital room at the University of California San Francisco to cheer him on.
“I was the first one to watch him walk,” Nick Pessah said. “I was speechless. I didn’t really know what to say, it was very unexpected.”

Although he doesn’t remember the shooting, which his brother believes is a good thing, Pessah does remember everything else including his computer passwords and address.

“It’s a miracle. I couldn’t be more ecstatic about his recovery,” Nick Pessah said. “It couldn’t have happened at a better time. I have more than enough to be thankful for.”

Pessah is a part-time student and entrepreneur. He likes going to the gym and hopes he’ll be able to again when he fully recovers. One thing he has been able to do in his remarkable recovery is tell his family that he loves them, which they thought they might never hear again.

“Right now I couldn’t be more happy,” Nick Pessah said. “It’s been an emotional roller-coaster. I’ve been crying, I’ve been happy. He’s beaten all of his odds so I couldn’t have asked for a better Thanksgiving.”

http://xtremegists.com/2012/11/thanksgiving-miracle-man-wakes-coma/
YahooNews

Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by RedLight1: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2012
shey na bullet make the guy head big and flat like that? shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by mosunade(f): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Red-Light:

Asking irrelevant questions. Pessah is a part-time student and entrepreneur. what are you?

3 Likes

Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by Leadn(m): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Red-Light:

mosun_ade:

Asking irrelevant questions. Pessah is a part-time student and entrepreneur. what are you?

Lol easy dear wink
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by RedLight1: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
mosun_ade:

and what are u? for asking me irrelevant question... did i tell u that i wanna know the history of passah?
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by hustla(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bet wetin do in head na?
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by BabaEleko(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
mosun_ade:

Ofcourse he is a jobless morafcuker.
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
mosun_ade:

now this is an irrelevant question

1 Like

Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by ghedzy: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
So happy for u bro cheesy
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yeah I just saw this in while checking my email.
God bless him!! smiley I love how he is smiling and clearly thankful to be alive
after surviving such an ordeal. How anyone could want to do that to another human
being I have no idea but what I do know is God is truly the greatest!! kiss
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by yohannazack(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
Where science fails, GOD starts frm there. Wish u a total recovery bro
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by GARRIx7(m): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
I think it wasn't an ordinary bullet, going by the geometrical deformation it made the head pass through....

Anyway thank God for his recovery
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by liyalla(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
life before looks, thank God he is alive
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by lolaluv1(f): 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
I'm so happy for the guy. Rugged men like Tupac and more recently the boxer (I've forgotten his name) have died from injuries like this.

It's a miracle he didn't become braindead from this....
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by Leadn(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
ghedzy: So happy for u bro cheesy

so happy for who o ... abeg no be me o grin grin
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by EmmaTay(m): 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
Miracle indeed
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by free2ryhme: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
I will continue to say it Halloween is evil not good about the event/holiday... all we hear is killings deaths maiming drugs fornication etc... it is heavens miracle that he is alive
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by plappville(f): 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
free2ryhme: I will continue to say it Halloween is evil not good about the event/holiday... all we hear is killings deaths maiming drugs fornication etc... it is heavens miracle that he is alive

I wanted to say thesame thing. Last yr or so, a teenage hanged himself after halloween party with friend. This happened in France. This feast is feltish and Satan has blinded many from sseing his purpose. But we thank God for saving this guy. God might have a reason to have restored him back, even if He cannot be as perfect as He was before the incident. But i bet you, this guy and his family will hencefort, have no part in halloween feast. A lesson indeed!
Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by plappville(f): 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
mosun_ade:

This has nothing to do with his qualification, afterall, He was saved by Gods intervention. according to the writeup!

1 Like

Re: Miracle As Man Wakes From Month-long Coma After Being Shot by ziondaughter: 7:53am On Nov 26, 2012
Congrats man. So happy for you. |Some of u are just making stupid comments. If u have evr lost a loved one u will appreciate d life of dis guy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? / ‍‍‍ ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍the secrets Of How I Broke Free From Masturbation : you too Can / 8 Ways That People Get Demonized Or Possessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.