Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. (3229 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by buffny: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
1. RIVERS 6.1 B

2. AKWAIBOM 6 B

3. DELTA 5.4 B

4. BAYELSA 4.8 B

5. ONDO 917 M

6. EDO 475 M

7. IMO 260 M

8. CROSS RIVER 181 M

9. ABIA 41M

http://economicconfidential.net/new/financial/facts-a-figures/933-how-they-share-n187bn-from-excess-crude-account-in-february-2012
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by takedat(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
The total derivation from oil and gas in the two SE oil producing states added together is less than that of Ondo State. Nice!!!

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Standing5(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
I am sure if the SE should invest their land involved in this oil in Palm oil business they will get more money from it. N301m won't even fix common pipeline distroyed in a week.

2 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by geez1: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
So what are these guys doing to improve infrastructure and make their states attractive for investment

Lagos currently generates over N23bn monthly in IGR which will dwarf these revenues

I just love my Lagos

Ogun and Oyo also have the potential to generate huge IGRs. I think Ogun currently generates almost N3bn monthly
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2012
take dat: The total derivation from oil and gas in the two SE oil producing states added together is less than that of Ondo State. Nice!!!

^^^But are you surprised? Some people will get heart attack and others sleepless nights if any core Igbo state were to get anything worthwhile from oil proceeds....hence the wuru-wuru to deny Ndigbo through the state creation of the late 60's.

This is just how the 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern partners like it.....thankyou very much wink, and it would be hard to change things now that the fickle minds of Igbos in these states have been poisoned by decades of lies and propaganda against Ndigbo of the old south east.

2 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Standing5(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^ and how did tribe come into the topic? I thought it was suppose to be a thread for oil producing states and not a thread of how Igbo people should have been grouped with the major oil producing region in state creation exercise.

3 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by knockturnal(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
Akwa Ibom ado O.K.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
Standing5: ^^ and how did tribe come into the topic? I thought it was suppose to be a thread for oil producing states and not a thread of how Igbo people should have been grouped with the major oil producing region in state creation exercise.
you have time to waste with nonentities.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by cjay4luv: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
I put the ugly situation of nairaland squarely on the shoulders of t's owners.imagine a topic lik dis,d 1st 3 commnts are tribaistic meaning dats d only tin dey can deduce from t.tribalism is really d main problem we ve in nigeria
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by olivertwist: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Standing5: I am sure if the SE should invest their land involved in this oil in Palm oil business they will get more money from it. N301m won't even fix common pipeline distroyed in a week.

100 likes

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by takedat(m): 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^But are you surprised? Some people will get heart attack and others sleepless nights if any core Igbo state were to get anything worthwhile from oil proceeds....hence the wuru-wuru to deny Ndigbo through the state creation of the late 60's.

This is just how the 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern partners like it.....thankyou very much wink, and it would be hard to change things now that the fickle minds of Igbos in these states have been poisoned by decades of lies and propaganda against Ndigbo of the old south east.
Why are the South Easterners fond of attaching themselves with the Niger Deltans? Your post smacks of an unwarranted jealousy of the ND's, rather than cast the blame on state creation in the 60's, the SE should devise new ways of generating revenue and stop leeching on the SS!

2 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by kettykin: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
geez*:
So what are these guys doing to improve infrastructure and make their states attractive for investment

Lagos currently generates over N23bn monthly in IGR which will dwarf these revenues

I just love my Lagos

Ogun and Oyo also have the potential to generate huge IGRs. I think Ogun currently generates almost N3bn monthly

My brother frankly speaking lagos generates not more than kano or borno or anambra.
Before you shout blue murder let me explain , lagos is dependent of taxes paid by oil companies which mine their oil in niger delta , the taxes paid by banks owned by niger deltans , the taxes paid by telecom companies which make their money in the other 35 states of nigeria ,the sea port and whose major importers are igbos and other big companies owned by the ibrus, dangotes , isiaku rabiu , jim ovia, coscharis and co.

If Abacha or any other person had relocated these none yoruba companies some to abuja and some to port harcourt , lagos would have ended up a civil service state like ekiti and worse than borno and kano

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by kettykin: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2012
geez*:

I just love my Lagos

My brother frankly speaking lagos generates not more than kano or borno or anambra.
Before you shout blue murder let me explain , lagos is dependent of taxes paid by oil companies which mine their oil in niger delta , the taxes paid by banks owned by niger deltans , the taxes paid by telecom companies which make their money in the other 35 states of nigeria ,the sea port and whose major importers are igbos and other big companies owned by the ibrus, dangotes , isiaku rabiu , jim ovia, coscharis and co.

If Abacha or any other person had relocated these none yoruba companies some to abuja and some to port harcourt , lagos would have ended up a civil service state like ekiti and worse than borno and kano
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by kettykin: 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
geez*:

I just love my Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by taharqa: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: I am sure if the SE should invest their land involved in this oil in Palm oil business they will get more money from it. N301m won't even fix common pipeline distroyed in a week.

Brilliant comment.....I think Imo and Cross Rivers have began real moves i this direction.

But Abia..fa fa fuol
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:33am On Nov 26, 2012
take dat: Why are the South Easterners fond of attaching themselves with the Niger Deltans? Your post smacks of an unwarranted jealousy of the ND's, rather than cast the blame on state creation in the 60's, the SE should devise new ways of generating revenue and stop leeching on the SS!

^^^"...attaching themselves with the Niger Deltans?" undecided; can you explain what you mean better?

You do realise there are Igbos in Rivers and Delta states don't you?.....so where does the "jealousy" come in? You can't deduce from my post that all i'm asking for is fairness and no underhand dealings to undermine anyone just because you don't like them?

You reckon it's Igbos that are preventing the oil producing states of the south south from receiving at least 50% derivation (hence the 'jealousy' accusation)?; if so, can you provide links or quotes where any Igbo(s) has said that the 13% they already receive is enough for them, and that they don't deserve a better deal.

If anything, it's the tone of YOUR post that smacks of pettiness, hatred and bottled-up anger towards Ndigbo.....it's reeking of it mate; what exactly do you mean by the south east "leeching" on the south souths' resources, and how does said 'leeching' compare with that done by other ethnicities over the decades?

Finally, can you let us know your ethnicity as this may help explain your post a little better.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:38am On Nov 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^"...attaching themselves with the Niger Deltans?" undecided; can you explain what you mean better?

You do realise there are Igbos in Rivers and Delta states don't you?.....so where does the "jealousy" come in? You can't deduce from my post that all i'm asking for is fairness and no underhand dealings to undermine anyone just because you don't like them?

You reckon it's Igbos that are preventing the oil producing states of the south south from receiving at least 50% derivation (hence the 'jealousy' accusation)?; if so, can you provide links or quotes where any Igbo(s) has said that the 13% they already receive is enough for them, and that they don't deserve a better deal.

If anything, it's the tone of YOUR post that smacks of pettiness, hatred and bottled-up anger towards Ndigbo.....it's reeking of it mate; what exactly do you mean by the south east "leeching" on the south souths' resources, and how does said 'leeching' compare with that done by other ethnicities over the decades?

Finally, can you let us know your ethnicity as this may help explain your post a little better.

Cheers.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Ilaje44(m): 1:53am On Nov 26, 2012
musiwa7: ko ma to yin je.. ero, ni ijoba pa. ondo ni opo, jo , gbogbo awon nonsense ti e ko.

iwe re ma ng fun mi l'efori lati ka. Jowo ore, dakun, maa ka nkan ti o ba ko ki o to te bottini SUBMIT yen jare. Mo ng be e ni. O seun.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:54am On Nov 26, 2012
Standing5: ^^ and how did tribe come into the topic? I thought it was suppose to be a thread for oil producing states and not a thread of how Igbo people should have been grouped with the major oil producing region in state creation exercise.

^^^If you took the pains to read my post well, you'd have noticed i was responding to the dude that was saying it's "nice' that Ondo state is receiving more than Imo and Abia combined. Shouldn't you have tried to find out from him what exactly he meant by the "nice" comment?; anyhow you look at it, that comment was the precursor to any "tribe" comments on this thread.

You're being naive at best if you think critical sectors of our economic life as a nation have not been guided by 'tribal' considerations over the decades.

I don't like sounding pessimistic about issues in our life as a nation (trust me), but the reality that stares us in the face is that Nigeria has not been a country run on 'fairness' and 'justice', and any analysis of our past is bound reflect this fact.

Cheers. smiley

PS- i never said anywhere that i'd like Igbos to be grouped with the major oil producing states; rather i've said that any oil producing area that is Igbo should be place (as commonsense would dictate) in an 'Igbo' state.....not splitting whole communities in two just so you can deny an Igbo state (like Imo for instance) better derivation.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by ak47mann(m): 3:16am On Nov 26, 2012
let them keep deceiving themselves a friend of mine from imo state his community is getting 24billion naira from oil company apparently they have one of the biggest oil deposit in the country,i doubted him,but i when and Google it and find out it was true even a resent one,forget all this talk more oil is being found all over SE dont get it twisted Yoruba

http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/addax-petroleum-hits-new-discovery-in-nigeria.shtml
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by docokwy(m): 3:19am On Nov 26, 2012
A lot of money is being deducted from Abia, being a highly indebted state, hence the lower amount. And I thought Cross Rivers is no longer an oil-producing state?
This sounds wuru-wuru to me.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by docokwy(m): 3:21am On Nov 26, 2012
take dat: The total derivation from oil and gas in the two SE oil producing states added together is less than that of Ondo State. Nice!!!

Hahahaha! The oil in Ondo is offshore. The North is fighting hard to abrogate the onshore-offshore dichotomy. When that happens, Ondo will be zero.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by ak47mann(m): 3:22am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by docokwy(m): 3:23am On Nov 26, 2012
Plus, one time showing is not enough, we need a history of revenue from oil from a few more months (5 or so, at least) to make a better judgement. And BTW, this website is not official.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by ak47mann(m): 3:23am On Nov 26, 2012
docokwy:

Hahahaha! The oil in Ondo is offshore. The North is fighting hard to abrogate the onshore-offshore dichotomy. When that happens, Ondo will be zero.
u dey mind dem..my state anambra not included i guess cool
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 26, 2012
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Truckpusher(m): 4:58am On Nov 26, 2012
Point of correction:There are no Igbos in the Niger Delta ,the people you classify as Igbos are simply distinct neighboring tribes that has been acculturated due to long time inter marriages,trade and cultural exchange etc .Go back to your people let them tell you the truth, because you'll be making the same mistake all over again as long as they continue to lie to you abt your neighbors in the Niger Delta.
PROUD-IGBO:

Cheers.
Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by Dede1(m): 5:12am On Nov 26, 2012
docokwy:

What you wrote about Ondo State on Offshore\Onshore is applicable to other states except Abia and Imo State. I really do not join issues with nonsensical junks such as the original post because it is fraudulent as Nigeria.

Anybody who does not understand the zeal behind the police action against eastern region in 1967, boundary adjustment of 1976 and the imbecilic polity of offshore\onshore dichotomy is an irredeemable fool. The only truth will surface when Nigeria disintegrates.

1 Like

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by dayokanu(m): 6:48am On Nov 26, 2012
kettykin:

This is senselessness at its peak.

Is there any law that mandates that a Bank or Oil company should have its headquarters in Lagos?

WHo forced them to put their headquarters in Lagos State? Are they locating their headquarters there because they love Lagos or did anyone beg them to locate it there?There must be an advantage for the bank owners which they derive to make them insist on putting the headquarters in Lagos instead of Nnewi. Or is there a FG directive that said Diamond Bank cant have its head quarter in Arochukwu, or Fidelity in Ahiazu Mbaise?

Unity Bank owned by Northerners does not have their Headquarter in lagos, they have it in the North. SO there is no one compelling anyone to locate his headquarter in Lagos

Why cant the Igbo importers import their whatever through Jigawa or Ebonyi? So if Abacha, Why not ask Abacha to relocate Atlantic ocean to Owerri and make a port for Igbo importers to use?

3 Likes

Re: The Top Oil Producing States. Based On Revenue. by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2012

Point of correction, The total derivation from oil and gas in the two SE oil producing states added together is less than one-third that of Ondo State cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bamanga Tukur Resigns As PDP Chairman / How Nyako Beat Security, Escaped To Britain / Ranking:-most Beautiful Southeast Capital City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.