Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? (14266 Views)

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 26, 2012
[size=15pt]M.T.N have started thier fraudulent practices again. i am on the mtn pulse. Normally pulse calls are charged @8.34k/secs, estimation that should be 5NAIRA/min but if i make a call more money will be deducted. not only that after loading i wont be given my 10MB for reasons i dont know thier network is very slow, you cant make a call you cant browse. What sort of network is that. I am just happy that i dont rely on M.t.n[/size] [size=15pt] what do i need them for when my etisalat is still very functional. Etisalat calls are cheap, The Network is fast, Etisalat still remain the best. And as for those of you complaining. Why not switch to other networks or are you guys under duress. That if you dont use MtN You will die. Try other networks jor and stop complaining. after all we all know that they are fraudsters.[/size]
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by saintiyke(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2012
babarazy: am on MTN smooth talk. MTN to MTN is 20k per sec. Dat should be N10 but they used to deduct N12 for my calls.
did u do mathematics in secondary school? I doubt
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Gee001: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2012
Airtel ntwrk all d way!

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by carzola(m): 6:36am On Nov 26, 2012
tru away my mtn last two months wen i cudnt stand d fraud starzzz again.. i cnt say airtel, glo or etisalat are beta.. buh getin a new sim wud b a gud start bro.. mtn profesional thiefs in nigeria..
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Ezedon(m): 6:37am On Nov 26, 2012
emptyN are Theives, they always reap where they did not sow, despite d billions they made from 9ja on daily basis
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2012
[size=18pt]Etisalat for browsing and making calls Airtel for making calls local and international Glo for browsing and making local calls and to other networks MTN for fraud (hmmmmmm GOOD FOR NOTHING)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by mu2sa2: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2012
Mr. Him:
Send your complaint to their twitter page @MTN 180. You will get a faster correspondence to your query, good luck.
dont waste ur time - they never accept responsibility, even when they are at fault. If mtn is ripping u off, change to better network.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by shaibolo(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2012
[calabaman]@OP.. Am an MTN CSR and am interested in ur case. Did u perhaps migrate to MTN ZONE? send 9 to 131 to check ur prepaid tariff plan OR USE THE PREPAID MENU USSD KEY WHICH IS *123# and check ur tariff plan lets see... You must have migrated to MTN zone, hence the different charges. Sorry for any incoveniences!
[I am on MTN Zone and I usually get a notification of the rates at which my calls will be charged before the calls are connected. However,I have not been getting the notification in the last 3 days. What is the problem and what can be done to correct this anomaly? Thank you]
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by ImpactWorld(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2012
@ calabaman,
Dear MTN CSR,

My MTN Zone was consistently charged at 40k/s despite always seeing between 0k/s to 10k/s on my screen.
When I realised and called CSR, I was told MTN Zone works in only 5 states and everyone outside those states are charged 40k/s.
I would rly love u to explain this one.
First, did MTN ever tell Nigerians that MTN Zone works in only 5 states? And why show 4k/s on my screen?
second, why should I call MTM-MTN at 40k/s when I can use airtel at 20k/s to all networks?
My numerous experiences make it so clear that MTN is fraud.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by igbsam(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Even Airtel Network over charge for calls...............Not only MTN
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by sundaybam(m): 6:57am On Nov 26, 2012
Am currently on Mtn Bis and whenever I recharge they keep deducting my money even without making any call.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by amblors(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2012
I was using the MTN 1500plan, it didn't support podcasting and blackberry protect @ dat time, only the. 3k plan covered those, I paid for 3months and was automatically on the 17k/sec call plan as promised.after the first three months, I resubscribed n found out after a while that my mtn calls where charged higher than before. I called the. MTN customer care and the guy was almost. Clueless, saying that the automatic conversion to the 17k/sec calling plan when on BBQ was not working at the moment, asked him when it would come back on, he had no idea. Oh! Well, I gave etisalat a test run, n off I went, downloads are slower than mtn, but at least the network was more reliable and steady. The 1500 etisalat plan also offered podcasting and blackberry protect (I hear mtn has added these now to their BCM), unlike mtn, its clearly stated on their website that the BCM plan offers unlimited data.
Where I work, we can't make or receive calls for the past week even with full mtn service, maybe a mast problem or woteva, just got me an airtel line. Its about time to dump my mtn line, no point complaining about them, no b only dem dey naija.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by amblors(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2012
I was using the MTN 1500plan, it didn't support podcasting and blackberry protect @ dat time, only the. 3k plan covered those, I paid for 3months and was automatically on the 17k/sec call plan as promised.after the first three months, I resubscribed n found out after a while that my mtn calls where charged higher than before. I called the. MTN customer care and the guy was almost. Clueless, saying that the automatic conversion to the 17k/sec calling plan when on BBQ was not working at the moment, asked him when it would come back on, he had no idea. Oh! Well, I gave etisalat a test run, n off I went, downloads are slower than mtn, but at least the network was more reliable and steady. The 1500 etisalat plan also offered podcasting and blackberry protect (I hear mtn has added these now to their BCM), unlike mtn, its clearly stated on their website that the BCM plan offers unlimited data.
Where I work, we can't make or receive calls for the past week even with full mtn service, maybe a mast problem or woteva, just got me an airtel line. Its about time to dump my mtn line, no point complaining about them, no b only dem dey naija.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2012
Emptyhen
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by amblors(m): 7:11am On Nov 26, 2012
sundaybam: Am currently on Mtn Bis and whenever I recharge they keep deducting my money even without making any call.

U using bold 5?
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Haywhymido(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2012
Dat story na true one oo, i jst change 4rm mtn family n frd to mtn zone yesterday. D charges 4 fnf too much.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by omicron(m): 7:33am On Nov 26, 2012
KINGwax: I don't knw where u got dt from, mtn undercharges me!
same here
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by magmegas: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2012
My broda yours is better, for me, i discover that each time i load credit on my mtn line,even if i switch off the fone, my credit will gradually be reduced until it will show a credit balance pf N0.00, for this fact, i now load just N100 every 3/4months and uses the line to receive calls only but use my other lines like etisalat,airtel to make calls. but i think with number portability (to move from one network to another with the same number) mtn will understand just how fed up nigerians are with them.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by rman: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2012
Another MTN thread makes the front page.

MTN charm must be very strong on Nigerians.

The day MTN decides to leave Nigeria, a lot of peoeple will fall sick.

I think they all need to focus their negative energy on MTN to get going in life.

It is a competitive market, If you don;t like MTN use another line. Even those that claim they don't use MTN can not avoid MTN threads.

While some of the cases are genuine, some actually comment to join the bandwagon.

By Wednesday, I expect to see another MTN thread on Nairaland FP.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by chronique(m): 7:43am On Nov 26, 2012
Mine is worse. I'm on the mtn zone. Initially,I wasnt checking how much I was being charged until recently when I started getting embarrassed during calls as my credit goes out suddenly while having a serious convo. I took the cost of the highest tariff(28k/sec) & multiplied it by 60 which should give me 16.8/sec. But unfortunately,they keep charging me double of dat. That's 16.8 x 2 = 33.6 per minute. I decided to monitor my calls & I realised that truly,the mtn zone charges x2 of the advertised tariff. I've sworn to get a new line next year. Definitely not going to be recharging my mtn line next year. Mtn can go to blazes for all I care.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Tyche(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2012
MTN supersaver is ok. Etisalat tarrif seems the worst to me.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Akell(m): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2012
For all business and international calls I use my Airtel. It is much clearer there. I dont need to be saying hello 3 times.

Pls, what package are you on Airtel? I'm on 'club 10 Padis', but seems it aint fairing better..they avnt given me the 1mb/day as they say in their adverts.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Akell(m): 7:57am On Nov 26, 2012
ITbomb: I also use Family and Friends to call only 10 people. 5 girls, 3 guys 2 business associates.

For all business and international calls I use my Airtel. It is much clearer there. I dont need to be saying hello 3 times.

If ever they stop FAF then bye bye to MTN

Pls, what package are you on Airtel? I'm on 'club 10 Padis', but seems it aint fairing better..they avnt given me the 1mb/day as they say in their adverts.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2012
This MTN people I'm really tired of their case.
NEW WEEK---NEW STEALING METHOD EMERGES.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2012
sundaybam: Am currently on Mtn Bis and whenever I recharge they keep deducting my money even without making any call.

Your 3rd party applications are connecting through wap, send DATA OFF to 131 and do hard reset
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2012
chronique: Mine is worse. I'm on the mtn zone. Initially,I wasnt checking how much I was being charged until recently when I started getting embarrassed during calls as my credit goes out suddenly while having a serious convo. I took the cost of the highest tariff(28k/sec) & multiplied it by 60 which should give me 16.8/sec. But unfortunately,they keep charging me double of dat. That's 16.8 x 2 = 33.6 per minute. I decided to monitor my calls & I realised that truly,the mtn zone charges x2 of the advertised tariff. I've sworn to get a new line next year. Definitely not going to be recharging my mtn line next year. Mtn can go to blazes for all I care.

Maybe you are not in zone coverage area, dial *135*5# to receive start of call notification and E0CN ON to 131 to receive end of call notification
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:47am On Nov 26, 2012
Haywhymido: Dat story na true one oo, i jst change 4rm mtn family n frd to mtn zone yesterday. D charges 4 fnf too much.

On FAF, calls to your FAF numbers are charged at 10kb/s, while calls to MTN are 25kb/s and to other netwk is 30kb/s
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by Smallville4live(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2012
I have witness excessive charges from MTN so many times. I lost counts.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2012
Fredrick909: [size=15pt]M.T.N have started thier fraudulent practices again. i am on the mtn pulse. Normally pulse calls are charged @8.34k/secs, estimation that should be 5NAIRA/min but if i make a call more money will be deducted. not only that after loading i wont be given my 10MB for reasons i dont know thier network is very slow, you cant make a call you cant browse. What sort of network is that. I am just happy that i dont rely on M.t.n[/size] [size=15pt] what do i need them for when my etisalat is still very functional. Etisalat calls are cheap, The Network is fast, Etisalat still remain the best. And as for those of you complaining. Why not switch to other networks or are you guys under duress. That if you dont use MtN You will die. Try other networks jor and stop complaining. after all we all know that they are fraudsters.[/size]

Note, on pulse, your first minute call irrespective of the number(pulse users) you are calling is charged at 40kb/s, hence the discrepancy.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2012
blezdem: Mtn incredibly charge. Could you imagine calling my cousin who we share same plan(mtn pulse) for just 10 mins and the 600 bonus just disappears! I fear una becos notin goes free with mtn.

Sir bonus account is charged at 30kb/s.
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by neyostica: 8:59am On Nov 26, 2012
babarazy: am on MTN smooth talk. MTN to MTN is 20k per sec. Dat should be N10 but they used to deduct N12 for my calls.

Actually you were charged correctly
Re: Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? by JayKid1(m): 9:18am On Nov 26, 2012
calabaman: @OP.. Am an MTN CSR and am interested in ur case. Did u perhaps migrate to MTN ZONE? send 9 to 131 to check ur prepaid tariff plan OR USE THE PREPAID MENU USSD KEY WHICH IS *123# and check ur tariff plan lets see... You must have migrated to MTN zone, hence the different charges. Sorry for any incoveniences!
I've done all that and it confirms i'm on d FAF plan and not MTN zone. Subsequent calls I made were charged properly but why were d 1st calls charged differently?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galaxy S5 Original And Fake / Facebook’s Rolls Out 'watch' Video-streaming Service Worldwide To Fight Youtube. / Airtel Launches 5G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.