Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin (73915 Views)

Joseph Benjamin Celebrates His 40th Birthday / “I Married My Kid Sister, My Mother’s Last Born”- Nigerian Singer, Orits Wiliki / I Didnt Marry Out Of Pity - Joseph Benjamin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nigerian actor Joseph Benjamin who on Tuesday opens up on his marriage crisis in this recent interview with Adeola Adeyemi revealed how he married his wife out of pity because she got pregnant while they were dating. Joseph Benjamin who is formally separated from his wife of 8 years said he married her when he discovered she got pregnant because he doesn’t want to father children out of wedlock.

From the interview, the actor apparently didn’t love his wife. He allegedly married her out of pity. Interview excerpt below.

What Really Happened in his Marriage?: “I was married for 8 years. It was a rather odd situation at that time. She got pregnant and I didn’t want to have a child out of wedlock and so I married her so we could build a home together for the unborn child. Things weren’t rosy then, but I believed it was the right thing to do for the sake of the child. I overlooked my own personal desires, I just wanted to do right. Our second child came and I stood by my family like I always have; but no one is perfect, we had our issues – the crisis persisted but we stayed because of the kids. But you never make that kind of decision because if the parents are not happy together then the children suffer.”

Is Your Wife Older Than You?: ''She is not older than me, and she wasn’t taking care of my financial needs as people have insinuated. We were both starting off in life on the same grounds – no one was exploited.” “I’ve been separated for a year now but we still keep a good relationship, and our separation was a mutual agreement. She is a good woman but I could not go on with the union anymore seeing the foundation it was built on was untrue. I have two wonderful children – a ten year old daughter and a seven year old son. They are an integral part of my life; their mum and I have a very good arrangement on how to balance their lives and make sure that psychologically they are stable and unaffected by our separation.”

Imagine.. How can you marry a woman out of pity?

1 Share

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Cunninlingus: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
These shameless people can not find a more lower abysmal pit to lower themselves into.

9 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Ellashow: 7:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
He should have kept quiet on this issue rather than showing his stupidity to the public. Live ur life as u wish but remember that what goes around come back around

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Leboska(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
This post is hidden as usual.

1 Like

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Goldieluks: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2012

Even if he married her out of pity, he had to announce it to the public? Whatever reason that made him to marry her in the first place, is nobody's business. He's should stop sounding like an ingrate.

10 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 26, 2012
He is very stupid! So he could not use protection. Wow you can take the villager out of the village. But u cannot take the villager out of him.smh
Ellashow: He should have kept quiet on this issue rather than showing his stupidity to the public. Live ur life as u wish but remember that what goes around come back around

3 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by enuelly: 12:29am On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmmm, out of pity and you had a second child and for eight years. I think there is more to this story, the first thing I said when I heard he has separated was that he has found another girl presumably more sexy and beautiful and he wants the wife out. Sefini

3 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by missdee1(f): 12:33am On Nov 26, 2012
Y did he nw av 2 make it public,to fink i used 2 admire dis guy. Some men sha tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Xfactoria: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2012
Maybe he should have been more truthful by saying:

"I married her then because she was what I could afford at that time. But now, levels don change and I now have to satisfy my real desires"

28 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Tenderly1(f): 12:36am On Nov 26, 2012
Wetin con consign me??
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by vislabraye(m): 12:37am On Nov 26, 2012
He looks smarter than he reallt likes.

1 Like

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by salafiyy: 12:38am On Nov 26, 2012
I AM SPEECHLESS BECAUSE THIS NONSENSE
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Sweetdbest: 12:39am On Nov 26, 2012
millionairemind: Nigerian actor Joseph Benjamin who on Tuesday opens up on his marriage crisis in this recent interview with Adeola Adeyemi revealed how he married his wife out of pity because she got pregnant while they were dating. Joseph Benjamin who is formally separated from his wife of 8 years said he married her when he discovered she got pregnant because he doesn’t want to father children out of wedlock.

From the interview, the actor apparently didn’t love his wife. He allegedly married her out of pity. Interview excerpt below.

What Really Happened in his Marriage?: “I was married for 8 years. It was a rather odd situation at that time. She got pregnant and I didn’t want to have a child out of wedlock and so I married her so we could build a home together for the unborn child. Things weren’t rosy then, but I believed it was the right thing to do for the sake of the child. I overlooked my own personal desires, I just wanted to do right. Our second child came and I stood by my family like I always have; but no one is perfect, we had our issues – the crisis persisted but we stayed because of the kids. But you never make that kind of decision because if the parents are not happy together then the children suffer.”

Is Your Wife Older Than You?: ''She is not older than me, and she wasn’t taking care of my financial needs as people have insinuated. We were both starting off in life on the same grounds – no one was exploited.” “I’ve been separated for a year now but we still keep a good relationship, and our separation was a mutual agreement. She is a good woman but I could not go on with the union anymore seeing the foundation it was built on was untrue. I have two wonderful children – a ten year old daughter and a seven year old son. They are an integral part of my life; their mum and I have a very good arrangement on how to balance their lives and make sure that psychologically they are stable and unaffected by our separation.”

299477CB

I thought the guy was reasonable. How can you marry out of sympathy. In fact most of these celebrities are sick animals.

1 Like

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 26, 2012
undecidedAre u that desperate for girls to put your bb pin
millionairemind: Nigerian actor Joseph Benjamin who on Tuesday opens up on his marriage crisis in this recent interview with Adeola Adeyemi revealed how he married his wife out of pity because she got pregnant while they were dating. Joseph Benjamin who is formally separated from his wife of 8 years said he married her when he discovered she got pregnant because he doesn’t want to father children out of wedlock.

299477CB
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 26, 2012
That's disrespectful - who's this guy?
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by missdee1(f): 12:49am On Nov 26, 2012
shymexx: That's disrespectful - who's this guy?
he played a lead role in MR&MRS,a unique n very interesting nollywood movie n i fink he also anchors project fame or one reality show lyk dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by mrscolite(f): 12:58am On Nov 26, 2012
shocked TMI...really silly. Am guessing he has a new chic doing his head in...
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by mrscolite(f): 1:00am On Nov 26, 2012

Asin!!...DISRESPECTFUL! Proper dislike him now
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 26, 2012
That's disrespectful - who's this guy?

Same thing I wanna know,who is he?

I have never even heard of this person but he disgusts me more than words can say
Imagine?
How dare this person trash a woman he married and had children with in this manner
Married her out of pity
Pity for what
Did she threaten to kill herself because she was pregnant and somehow she got pregnant again and your bowel of pity heightened and lasted 10 years
Nonsense!
What a total jerk
Looks like he is a short engine,maybe those words make him feel better about his vertically challenged self
What a low life multi-colored pi.mp
I hope his daughters read this piece and know who their father really is
Joseph Benjamin,what a name,it should have been Judas Iscariot

13 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 26, 2012
the story isn't convincing at all...married for eight years, first daughter is ten years old, then got married to her while the child was yet to be given birth to!!!! what's the correlation btw these info? undecided

millionairemind:

299477CB

and yes, people marry outta pity! probably becos of the kind of situation surrounding the person at the moment, they tend to 'fall in love pity'. smh

4 Likes

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by smartg(m): 1:08am On Nov 26, 2012
So you married her whn you were poor and now divorce her after you have bcom rich. That's so wicked of you, a woman that gave birth to 2 kids (a boy nd a girl) for you, whatelse were you expecting 4rm her, it could have been better if you have told us that you had serious quarrels with her that led to your divorce, than to say you married her out of pity, that is a shameless altitude and u even have d mind to say it out. How old were you when you married her am sure you were not even a kid whn both of you got married.
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Truckpusher(m): 1:26am On Nov 26, 2012
After enjoying her kpomo for eight good years he suddenly realizes that she wasn't what he deserved....what an affront on womanhood by this imbe.....complete it by yourself...mtcheew..*shakes my head in disbelief*

1 Like

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by manny4life(m): 1:26am On Nov 26, 2012
miss dee: he played a lead role in MR&MRS,a unique n very interesting nollywood movie n i fink he also anchors project fame or one reality show lyk dat

That movie made my TOP 10 BEST movies I've ever seen in the history of Nollywood.

Damn, is that the guy? Talk about washing you dirty linens in public? Marrying her for 8years (untrue union) and publicly showcasing your dirty laundry, which is more "PITIFUL"? I will expect these from women but def not from a man... Anyway, if he acts good movie, I'll still watch it, nothing spoil. Carry on with your life brother.
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 26, 2012
Why did he hv to announce publicly that he married his wife out of pity, how disrespectful!
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 26, 2012
Baby mama:

Same thing I wanna know,who is he?

I have never even heard of this person but he disgusts
me more than words can say
Imagine?
How dare this person trash a woman he married and had children with in
this manner
Married her out of pity
Pity for what
Did she threaten to kill herself because she was pregnant and somehow
she got pregnant again and your bowel of pity heightened and lasted 10
years
Nonsense!
What a total jerk
Looks like he is a short engine,maybe those words make him feel better
about his vertically challenged self
What a low life multi-colored pi.mp
I hope his daughters read this piece and know who their father really is
Joseph Benjamin,what a name,it should have been Judas Iscariot
looolcheesy. He anchors Project fame.
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 26, 2012
A d**k. angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 26, 2012
[quote
author=otooro]the story isn't convincing at all...married for eight
years, first daughter is ten years old, then got married to her because
of the 'unborn' child!!!! what's the correlation btw these info? undecided

and yes, people marry outta pity! probably becos of the kind of
situation surrounding the person at the moment, they tend to 'fall in
love pity'. smh[/quote]been seperated for a year now but should make the first child 9 since her mum was preg with her when her parents got married..
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Amazondepth(m): 3:05am On Nov 26, 2012
Coming from him,this is a huge let-off.did dis dude ever imagine his ex or any of d children wld ever come across this piece of interview?telling d whole world dis unwarranted crap speaks volume of his okoro-feeling-funky mentality.love doesn't exist like a fairy tale Benji,it takes a responsible man to fall in luv.dis ur oral diarrhoea naim u wan use find luv abi?smh
Re: I Married My Wife Out Of Pity – Joseph Benjamin by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 26, 2012
Another immature, egocentric man...... Why come out and say this?

Some things in life should forever remain private, and out of public domain... She is still the mother of your kid, so her integrity has to be protected.

Going out to say you married a woman out of pity is wrong and stupid. Move on and talk about some productive you doing for your community. Be a role model, and stop washing your linen in public.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Moves Into Her Sujimoto Mansion, Shares Interior Pics / Mr Ibu Kneels Down As Babangida Prays For Him On His 57th Birthday (pics, Video) / Ned Nwoko Takes Paul Okoye On A Ride In His Exotic Car As Rudeboy Visits Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.