Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! (1544 Views)

Carrer Advice For A HND Pass Graduate / Carrer For A Zoologist / 11 Smart Carrer Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by Henry234(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
please can someone help me out on this?
Am in SS 3 now and am about to arite my WAEC and am hoping to become a journalist but am having this problem about the Subject i must pass very well so i can gain admission into the university, though i know English language is very important and necessary but i dont know other ones connect to it.
please if any one has idea should please share it with me ok.
I want to become a radio DJ or a presenter.
thats my dream in life, please i need help on this.
thank you all.A
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by almondjoy(f): 8:29am On Feb 09, 2008
Dear Henry,

Please I will advice you like I will advice any of ma own kids and please do not be offended because Nigerians have short fuses and so do I.  I think you should not waste your money to go to school to become a DJ or radio presenter.  You can do that as a part time job or hobby.  I doubt if many opportunities exist in Nigeria.  Just try and study something else that will put food on your table in the future as the job market in Nigeria warrants.

If you have problems about the subjects you need or must pass for any given course of study, why don't you go to your university of choice and find out from the student advisory body for that department? 

Goodluck. kiss
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by Henry234(m): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2008
Well, thanks very much almond but you see when you choose to do something because they will favoure you financially and not because you love doing , you will find out that their will be problems along the line.
being a TV presenter or a radio Dj has alsways been my dream and i believe God called me into that ministry maybe you change the look of things they.
That is what my church teaches, DISCOVERING WHY GOD CREATED YOU.
So please i think i have found why God created me on this earth and what he wants me to do, so i will obey that simple instruction.
So please if you can help me out on what i asked for just help me ok am not doing it for me but because God has written it.
thanks very much once again and remain blessed.
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by dapsins69(m): 12:16am On Feb 11, 2008
I would advice u to start takin up challenges both in sch n church dat wld build up ur confidence.mayb u should join your technical dept .u dnt nid to go to sch b4 u can be a dj.cheers
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by adekennis(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2008
Shemi 9ger! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by DisGuy: 5:38am On Feb 12, 2008
I think you should find out the schools that actually offer journalism
select the top four you'll like to attend
contact them or their student union about subject required for their journalism course

or you can just pass all your 'arts' subjects very well and you are good to go
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by almondjoy(f): 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2008
Henry234:

Well, thanks very much almond but you see when you choose to do something because they will favoure you financially and not because you love doing , you will find out that their will be problems along the line.
being a TV presenter or a radio Dj has alsways been my dream and i believe God called me into that ministry maybe you change the look of things they.

So please i think i have found why God created me on this earth and what he wants me to do, so i will obey that simple instruction.
So please if you can help me out on what i asked for just help me ok am not doing it for me but because God has written it.

I hope so.  You see, I have a full time job I like and I have a hobby---messing around nairaland. grin  One pays the bills--the other is what God created me for--my hobby---discussing and debating subjects of interest with people I do not know.  Just don't set up yourself for heartbreak in the future please--especially if you plan to have a family.  You will want to earn respect from your wife and kids--No hobby in Nigeria can afford you that. Plan your life well please. Don't forget that you are a man too.

I hope you understand!  Goodluck. kiss
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by Delta007(m): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2008
U are in SS3 and u are talking like this. Na wa oh. I be DJ (as a hobby) and I have a profession; there's no way being a DJ would generate enough dough to get me houses and several investments today. But if u wan break record, go ahead; you are on ur own. When alarm blow, u'd discover another reason why God created u. Otherwise u better challenge urself at this young age and make the best of ur opportunities instead of hating on your school work.
Henry234:

Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by almondjoy(f): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2008
Delta007:

You are in SS3 and u are talking like this. Na wa oh.

I be DJ (as a hobby) and I have a profession; there's no way being a DJ would generate enough dough to get me houses and several investments today.

But if u wan break record, go ahead; you are on your own.

When alarm blow, u'd discover another reason why God created u. Otherwise u better challenge yourself at this young age and make the best of your opportunities instead of hating on your school work.

Han han han han han han han han!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I don die eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Laff wan kill me! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Please he also mentioned Journalism--I can work with that even where I have my reservations.

When alarm blow, u'd discover another reason why God created u.

I love that-------hopefully it is not going to be a fire alarm with lots of smoke in the house!

Chai! I love Nigerians! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by Millena(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2008
Almondjoy, U be one kind character. Much humour. I gbedu ur style. Never a dull moment. grin grin grin grin
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by almondjoy(f): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2008
Millena:

Almondjoy, You be one kind character. Much humour. I gbedu your style. Never a dull moment. grin grin grin grin

Na so ma life be jare! cheesy Never a dull moment at home or work---something always happening I tell you. Lots of fun! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Always happy!!! Never sad!!!!
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by amsky(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2008
Almondjoy thanks for this kind advice abeg.

@poster

You see,inasmuch as there are big jokers(like myself) on nairaland,there are also big brothers and sisters here too. NOw to my point, Nigeria is a very very very tough place.People with PG degrees in various ''SERIOUS'' fields have not found jobs and are still posting CV from one place to the other. Now my dear,as a young man,there are so many other things to consider. Sometimes one has to put one's dream and ''calling'' by the side in order to make a headway. Being a DJ CANNOT put food on the table neither will it pay your bills or send your kids to GOOD Mark my words GOOD schools.

This can be a hobby as you have been told. I sought a job in my chosen field(modern languages) in Nigeria for a long time after graduation. I had to run out here to keep my sanity O!!!!! Journalism-maybe,but DJ or presenter, I'm not sure of that. I know three of them who had other jobs-two were lecturers.In the present day Nigeria, my dear,i'll not aadvice that.

Think of something else.You are still so young.anyone,and i mean anuone can be a DJ;even my son gives me good music sometimes too grin. Aspire higher-that way you'll excel. kiss

All the best.
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by Henry234(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2008
men you guys has really added something into my brain.
i appreciate all your coment and concern about me.
But i must say, i really love jounalist infact presenting or being a news caster but it does not mean i will not be doing other things to help my self but that my area of interest.
you know ehn i watch BBc, CNN and so many other broadcasting network from abroad i really wish to make ours look like their own.
And i hoping to school ooutside Nigeria, to go and grab their knowledge and come back and use it for the good of this country. thats my dream.
please once again i really appreciate all your comment and am saying thank you very much.
bye.
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by omovigho(f): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2008
hi guys, pls i did UBA interview on the 12th of January 2008. i am yet to hear from them. has anybody got any news pls?
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by yicob(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
Henry, please go and work on your Grammar before coming back to this thread. Chikena!
Re: Please I Need Help On My Carrer, Please Help Me Out Here! by amsky(m): 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
Henry,is this how you want to do the journalism?? I'm sooo scared shocked what kind of school do you attend and in what language are you taught? Are you sure you are in SS3? There's fire on the mountain o. You better go and have private classes for your own good. How are you going to take TOEFL with such poor grammar if you want to school outside Nigeria?

What do you mean by[b]''i love journalist''[/b]? Is that how it is spoken in CNN & BBC? Hehehehe

My dear please,sit up. Go and bury your head in your books!!!You need it more than anything else. Finito.

(1) (Reply)

NSE Professional Examination / Basic Requirements For Filling Lagos State Annual Returns - 2017 Review / Student - Wunmi Adebayo Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.