Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

The Nigerian Police Force Uniform: From Green-grey To Black-black! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Police Force Uniform: From Green-grey To Black-black! (17444 Views)

Troops Arrest Boko Haram Logistic Elements & Kids Wearing Their New Uniform(pics / Oshiomhole Ditches Khakhi Uniform For Designer Suits (Photos) / Thugs In Army Uniform Attack APC Members, Kidnap 4 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police Force Uniform: From Green-grey To Black-black! by tomakint: 11:22am On Nov 26, 2012
I can never forget that standard and appealing colour of the Nigerian Police Force uniform way back then, it was a rich green-grey, starched, and well ironed uniform of our Police then. They (the Nigerian Police) were so orderly and battle-ready for any crimes whatsoever; it was an era the Nigerian Police Force made sense. Unfortunately, during the inglorious regime of Presidential Ibrahim Babangida and under the watch of the then Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji M. Gambo Jimeta, the colour of the Police uniforms were changed from the revered green-grey colour to black-black on the 4th April, 1988. Many critics had argued over the years that this singular act really affected the efficiencies of the Police Force. I have always believed that colours have a way of shaping the activities and destinies of sportsmen and even some humans. I can never forget the famous red and black stripped jersey of the great football club, AC Milan under the invincible Fabio Capello in the early 90s to mid 90s, they were indeed insurmountable anytime they have their famous red and black stripped jerseys on. So real was their invincibility, that they dominated the Serie A in the 90s, they were a team to watch and adore anytime, any day, I just love them play especially under the guide of Fabio Capello. Can the same be implied about our Nigerian Police Force?
Re: The Nigerian Police Force Uniform: From Green-grey To Black-black! by tomakint: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
And this is what we have now in our Nigerian Police activities; "brutality"

(1) (Reply)

Arase Arrives Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre / Court Declares Makarfi Authentic PDP Chairman / Primaries: APC Proposes N55m For Presidential Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.