Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry (8355 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships / Poisons Naija Guys Take To Satisfy Naija Girls In Bed / The Reason Why Naija Girls Are Rude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:16pm On May 01, 2009
Uche2nna:

U get me confused, are u AA or Naija? undecided

9ja girl but I work with 90% AA women.   I am more accustomed to the lifestyle here, but I love my 9ja men.

Uche2nna:

U would come to the same conclusion if U were living in Nigeria. The grass is always greener on the other side of the pasture.

I hear, but the percentage lies heavily on my side.

*Toyinrayo:

Exactly.

Anything foreign is Luxury to some ppl

@TOH
It's not how much it's worth really, it's the fact that it's from abroad.

Mehn, you could even buy a glass cup as a gift for someone in Naija, tell them its from abroad, and they'll love it.

I know!!!!!! When I went home, ppl were going gaga over the stuff I was giving away  when I know that they have the same stuff here!!!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:16pm On May 01, 2009
Uche2nna:

I am familiar with those NL ID's but I must have missed when they gave that reason for dating Nigerian men.

Thats the most ridiculous, albeit hilarious, logic I have heard in a long time.

I've personally never heard that before. (Motherland)
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 01, 2009
If not for luck . . . many of you would behave no better than the naija girls back home. Perhaps you shld consider that before thumbing your noses at them. To be honest . . . i know quite a few who would make far better women than the diasporans here.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

I know!!!!!! When I went home, ppl were going gaga over the stuff I was giving away when I know that they have the same stuff here!!!
Exactly!!

Fact is, they have better stuff in Naija sometimes (esp their phones, cheaper too), yet some continue to drool over what is being thrown away while we drool over what they have grin grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Mehn, you could even buy a glass cup as a gift for someone in Naija, tell them its from abroad, and they'll love it.

Depends on the "people" you meet. There are some who dont care for what you bring from abroad . . . they also travel abroad sometimes 2ce a yr anyway . . . spending way more money than we even earn.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:19pm On May 01, 2009
what
davidylan:

If not for luck . . . many of you would behave no better than the naija girls back home. Perhaps you shld consider that before thumbing your noses at them. To be honest . . . i know quite a few who would make far better women than the diasporans here.

should have married them before coming here. abi? You had the chance you didnt take it so hush up

I think i got it mixed up. are people saying women in Naija go gaga over guys that live aboard or that the men just coming from naija expect women to go gaga over them just for coming from Naija with naira in their hands

someone clear it up for me
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

what
should have married them before coming here. abi? You had the chance you didnt take it so hush up

i dont remember that being the issue so you hush up too.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 01, 2009
Nobody is yabbiong Nigerian women

davidylan:

Depends on the "people" you meet. There are some who dont care for what you bring from abroad . . . they also travel abroad sometimes 2ce a yr anyway . . . spending way more money than we even earn.

Did I forget to put "some" in my post again? I mean, I clearly wasn't talking about all Nigerians now. wink
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:24pm On May 01, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Exactly!!

Fact is, they have better stuff in Naija sometimes (esp their phones, cheaper too), yet some continue to drool over what is being thrown away while we drool over what they have grin grin

Yeah I know, they have really great things in 9ja, I dont know why they sweat our stuff meh!!!
davidylan:

ha we know their are the extremly wealthy ppl but what s the percentage in 9ja?!! Face it the majority of our country is in poverty.

davidylan:

Psssh , please, when  my mom married my dad she refused even though he was hailing from abroad, she wanted to become a nun. Not everybody is money crazy.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

ha we know their are the extremly wealthy ppl but what s the percentage in 9ja?!! Face it the majority of our country is in poverty.

And? the majority here arent? You think buying a house, cars all on mortgage, college loans while juggling credit cards is not poverty in disguise?

platinumnk:

Psssh , please, when  my mom married my dad she refused even though he was hailing from abroad, she wanted to become a nun. Not everybody is money crazy.

True.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:29pm On May 01, 2009
I dont understand the argument anymore undecided
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:31pm On May 01, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

what

I think i got it mixed up. are people saying[b] women in Naija go gaga over guys that live aboard [/b] or that the[b] men just coming from naija expect women to go gaga over them just for coming from Naija [/b] with naira in their hands

someone clear it up for me

You haveboth correct. a my two older cousins 28/29 went home with me last year, they had girls lined up for them like dogs, it was disgusting to me.  

And yet guys here are LovePeddler, because they recieve so much love from girls in 9ja they expect the same treatment when they come here, and get the shock of their lives (some of them)

My other cuz who lives in dallas, has a AA wife, a AA GF, and a wife at home. The AA wife and the AA girlfriend know about each other. So maybe the motherland thing could be a factor, because I cant fanthom a reason why those women are with him?!! tongue tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:35pm On May 01, 2009
davidylan:

And? the majority here arent? You think buying a[b] house, cars all on mortgage, college loans [/b] while juggling credit cards is not poverty in disguise?

True but we as 9jans are hardworkers, . My dad had all that ^^. . . , and yet was still able to build a house and support ppl at home.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

True but we as 9jans are hardworkers, . My dad had all that ^^. . . , and yet was still able to build a house and support ppl at home.

not very difficult to do when you convert dollars to naira at the current exchange rate. Plenty of people here renting homes who have mansions in nigeria.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:41pm On May 01, 2009
platinumnk:

Thats not new, people do it all the time and they are still doing it, recession or no recession
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by No2Atheism(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2009
@davidylan, how far (guess you are not seeing me at the religion thead cus its kinda boring over there now)

@topic,

1. Yes some naija guys go back to get wives,  does that mean ladies back home are better than those not at home, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

2. Guys that expect naija based babes to go gaga over them are either naive or mere players profiting from the insecurity and naiveness of some nigeria based babes,

3. Naija guys going back home depends on personal preferences and choices, I used to think like that before too, but now i no longer do, cus i now realise that for someone of my own mentality, taste in women, personal plans and character, naija babes back in nigeria are not IT for me.

4. As per some people back home  drolling over both low quality and high quality items brought back to Nigeria by those outside of the country, well i have to say that it has to boil down to either inferiority complex or lack of mental maturity or desire to feel among.

Inferiority complex in the sense that there is a sense that what obtains in nigeria is inferior to what obtains in the West. Hence by getting, using and owning an item brought from the west, people tend to get a false sense of security about the quality, beauty or asthetics of the item in question.

Lack of Mental maturity in the sense that some people also long for things brought back from the west because they have been brought up to value those things as such, however in some cases, such people usually eventually grow out of it and even turn around to value naija things better than so called "foreign items".

Desire to fell among is inherent in people with inferiority complex, hence they seek foreign items or men so as to enhance their self image.

5. As concerns the naija babes that droll all over so called "foreign guys", well it has to be said that such girls are either greedy or lack self confidence or simply prefer foreign guys to the local guys.

Greediness makes such girls falsely think that foreign based naija guys are better off financially (which is not always the case)

Lack of self confidence causes such girls to easily fall for foreign based naija guys because such girls feel a false sense of importance and fufillment by being courted by foreign based naija guys.

Finally there are those girls who due to personal preferences and taste simply would not date a local naija guy whether poor or rich or good looking or not,

i rest my case,
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 01, 2009
Break it down jor
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by 4Play(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2009
People tend to marry those they have a lot of affinity with. So a Nigerian man brought up in Nigeria,even if living abroad, will probably prefer a Nigerian girl brought up in Nigeria.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by platinumnk(f): 10:47pm On May 01, 2009
@No2Atheism : Good points! cheesy
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Sauron1: 10:48pm On May 01, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Yes some naija guys go back to get wives,  does that mean ladies back home are better than those not at home, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Most of the Naija boyz in diaspora traveled after their first degree or O'levels.
Majority of them had a partner before traveling abroad and it is only natural for them to go back home and marry.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 01, 2009
4 Play:

People tend to marry those they have a lot of affinity with. So a Nigerian man brought up in Nigeria,even if living abroad, will probably prefer a Nigerian girl brought up in Nigeria.

I kinda agree with this.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Uche2nna(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2009
4 Play:

That is a very valid point.

Sometimes 4play makes sense grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 01, 2009
Uche2nna:

Sometimes 4play makes sense grin
Those times are Very rare grin grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Hauwa1: 10:56pm On May 01, 2009
you know, going home to marry is alright, as long as you have not use the ones here as your comforter for the winter cold undecided.
that's why i don't fancy all the 'ma bf ma gf thing at all.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 01, 2009
Hauwa, what does my gf and bf thing has to do with Nigerian men going home? tongue
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Hauwa1: 11:03pm On May 01, 2009
the dating for many years with one of the other hoping to marry only for them to go home to marry someone else.

there is a guy in my class who is doing this now. he is telling us in his close nig circle that he is going home to marry once he is done. i feel like telling the girl to log off grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by 4Play(m): 11:04pm On May 01, 2009
Time to go to sleep. These little girls have taken over this thread.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

the dating for many years with one of the other hoping to marry only for them to go home to marry someone else.

there is a guy in my class who is doing this now. he is telling us in his close nig circle that he is going home to marry once he is done. i feel like telling the girl to log off grin
tell her off. That is not only rude, but disrespectful.

And you sef, you dey sit there and listen to him? would have recorded him for her to hear
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Hauwa1: 11:07pm On May 01, 2009
Silk, what i mean by telling her off is telling her what the guy said, but i won't grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Silk, what i mean by telling her off is telling her what the guy said, but i won't grin
That's what I also mean.

Tell her or send her an anonymous email or note.

The dude is just plain wrong
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Hauwa1: 11:09pm On May 01, 2009
make i pour iyepe for him garri eh, we will see grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

make i pour iyepe for him garri eh, we will see grin
Nothing is wrong with that grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Wants Written Proof Before She Lends Her Bf Money(right Or Wrong). / See What I Discover In My Babe's Facebook (viewer Discretion Advised) / No Erection For My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.