Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash (13304 Views)

BRT Bus Crushes Bike Man To Death In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Graphic Photos / 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES / Commuters On A Long Queue At Ojota BRT Lane (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Techwriter: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2012
The FRSC admits it gave false information as regards a BRT accident in Lagos.

The Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, has regretted a tweet from its handle, Monday noon, saying a fully loaded public transport bus, BRT, fell off the 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos.

The Commission’s spokesman, Jonas Agwu, said the tweet which was sent out from a Blackberry phone at 12:33pm Monday should be “disregarded.”

The tweet has also been deleted from the commission’s handle. The commission went ahead to say the hoax it had “retweet” could not be confirmed.

Mr. Agwu could not immediately say why its officers sent out the tweet, he, however, said it was a “hoax.”

“We have spoken to the Lagos Command and there is nothing like that,” he said.

The Lagos state sector commander of FRSC, Nse Akpabio, denied that the information that lead to the tweet from Abuja emanated from them.

“Who called them (FRSC Abuja, managers of the twitter handle)?” he asked.

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, however, said a BRT bus crashed at about the time FRSC sent out the spurious tweet, at another location.

“A BRT bus was involved in an accident at Ebute-Ero, near Idumota, Lagos Island, with casualties, no mortality,” Oluwafemi Oke, LASEMA boss said.

FRSC applys the social media extensively. It has operated its twitter account since September 2009 and has over 13,000 followers it feeds with road accident updates and driving tips.

It also maintains a Facebook Page with over 16,000 ‘likes’ and is one of the government agencies that are open with information.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/108633-frsc-regrets-tweet-on-brt-bus-crash.html

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by lifestyle1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2012
undecided
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by redcliff: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
everybody wants to be the first to disseminate one information or the other without confirming its authenticity . i wont be surprised it would be one jobless human being that started the broadcast on social media to have fun on a Monday when everybody is getting so busy with work. He/she must be unemployed really.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by amaka70(f): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
naija and rumors God help us.....
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by omenziate(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
Probably high on early morning Alomo and paraga.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by debomb: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Do they have a clue what this might have caused to some people? I was already shaking like a leaf cos my brother likes BRT! TSSSSSUUUUUU!
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Super1759: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ok, the lesson I learnt is that frsc has twitter since 2009 and with over 13,000 followers and need more

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by crusufixo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
My question is, why did they tweet that rescue was in progress. It means that they lied then. can you just imagine, exonerating themselves without knowing the true situation of things. Of which, had it being it actually happened, they would be nowhere to be found. ingrates !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by feezy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
hmmmmmm
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
Super1759: Ok, the lesson I learnt is that frsc has tweeter since 2009 and with over 13,000 followers and need more
nwanne,na TWITTER abi TWEETER? undecided

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by mca795: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmm better
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by chukiz(m): 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2012
naija and error.
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by buchibabe: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hmmmm. How on earth did soomeone come up wit dis news?or did one frsc staff see it in a dream and immediately wake up to tweet dat rubbish?Somethin is fishy here,y would dey report a news as serious as dis and later denounce it?or has d ministry of transport threatened someone?Hope frsc is not trying to wash dia hands off dis news since it might have created some tension.

I really hope its false sha
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Siga: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
valencia25:
Ori e buru ni
...lol...dude...this ur comment made me laugh ooo... na wa oo...u bad gan my guy.... tx for the humour...
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by DaWhiz: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nonsense!!! This is totally unprofessional. If you can't manage a social account, why create one?! If you can't verify an info why broadcast it?! Putting the cart before the horse. Typical dumbasses!!! undecided
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Siga: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
berem: nwanne,na TWITTER abi TWEETER? undecided
lol... grin ...another error by FRSC....lol

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by SlyIg(f): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
crusufixo: My question is, why did they tweet that rescue was in progress. It means that they lied then. can you just imagine, exonerating themselves without knowing the true situation of things. Of which, had it being it actually happened, they would be nowhere to be found. ingrates !!!!!!!!!!!!!
They were taught in the school that any report should end with '10died and 20 injured and other rescued'. So no mistake about it. Lolsssss...

Nigeria is really a Jaga jaga country indeed. Just imagine that. I wonder what journalism is turning into in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by salolo(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
na them sabi
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by Welder(m): 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
Who is in charge of this twitter account? Investigations must be carried out in order to ascertain the origin of this wicked lie.
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by doctokwus: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Since nigeria is a country where pple don't take responsibilty& resign wen dey av f**cked up,a higher authority has no choice but to summarily dismiss d person(s) responsible for dat tweet.A road safety agency for dat matter,a lesson must b taught& overhaul of d social media agency of FRSC made
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by idirect(m): 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
Super1759: Ok, the lesson I learnt is that frsc has [b]tweeter since 2009 and with over 13,000 followers and need more[/b]
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by highlandre(m): 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
False alarm by this body can"t just be tolerated! A lot of us had been given psychological torture by this now disclaimed news. The authorities of FRSC should be very meticulous in disseminating future information to the public. Seriously, be warned!!!
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by tinuolababy(f): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
emekson:
why ur mumu de always fail.
one of this days you will mistakely comment
**first to die** muntulu, ewu ghambia

what u don't know is that the "first to comment" members will continue to say it if we don't ignore them.
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by myidols: 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2012
Pls verify,ascertain,investigate issues before sending out information cos inforamation can either complement or destroy an image. Be warned!
Re: FRSC Regrets Tweet On BRT Bus Crash by trendystuf(f): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Announces 7 Abuja Roads To Be Closed During 2019 Armed Forces Remembran / 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily / Landed In Calgary Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.