Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (829867 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

True. LB is just an atheist wannabee.

So frustrated. sad

grin grin grin

I'm surprised that this comment didnt get more likes.

The foolish comments usually get likes......."atheist wannabee"- does that mean I believe in God? lol lmao
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
An0nimus:

Personally, I believe every 'Nigerian atheist' has been out of Nigeria at one point or the other and most likely has spent a good number of years out there. Ask around you'll see its true grin

Or maybe their no god bias is only towards God as we Christians know Him not all the other spiritual beings and paranormals peculiar to Nigeria.

I'll be more than curious to hear from a Naija ninja born and bred here who claims to be an atheist.

I am amazed how people can just say things without thinking. THAT IS WHAT BRINGS ME TO THE CHATBOX EVERYDAY.

"There is a limit to genuis but no limit to silliness" (a quote from a wise man)

You clearly have no atheist friends and yet, somehow you keep making funny assumptions about them.

Chinua Achebe is someone who is popular in your country....a born and bred Nigerian skeptic, yet you push the theory that every nigerian atheist must have gone abroad for some indoctrination....Achebe was already preparing "things fall apart" before his first trip outside Nigeria.

Even at that, we have many people here who became atheists on NL (not even needing to travel abroad)

But I digress....this may go over your head
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

I'm surprised that this comment didnt get more likes.

The foolish comments usually get likes......."atheist wannabee"- does that mean I believe in God? lol lmao

Same way atheist comments gets many LIKES whenever a christian tresspass on their chat thread. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Same way atheist comments gets many LIKES whenever a christian tresspass on their chat thread. smiley

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53622280.jpg[/img]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
@ FrancisTony

Thanks for calling me a "frustrated atheist wannabe".

Let me remind you of this previous discussion-

https://www.nairaland.com/1840794/pre-marital-sex-christianity#25188123
FrancisTony:

Says the overworked frustrated atheist. undecided

TheBigUrban2:

Overworked?

Every Nigerian atheist is frustrated. I take that as a compliment, sir. We are frustrated at the mo.ronic nature of our country due to religitards like yourself.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2: @ FrancisTony

Thanks for calling me a "frustrated atheist wannabe".

Let me remind you of this previous discussion-

https://www.nairaland.com/1840794/pre-marital-sex-christianity#25188123

#Yawn. Huh? undecided

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

#Yawn. Huh? undecided

You try too hard to be funny with memes.

you cant be me cool cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I am amazed how people can just say things without thinking. THAT IS WHAT BRINGS ME TO THE CHATBOX EVERYDAY.

"There is a limit to genuis but no limit to silliness" (a quote from a wise man)

You clearly have no atheist friends and yet, somehow you keep making funny assumptions about them.

Chinua Achebe is someone who is popular in your country....a born and bred Nigerian skeptic, yet you push the theory that every nigerian atheist must have gone abroad for some indoctrination.... Achebe was already preparing "things fall apart" before his first trip outside Nigeria.

Even at that, we have many people here who became atheists on NL (not even needing to travel abroad)

But I digress....this may go over your head
You reiterated my point in the bolded Sir LBsmiley Have you read Things Fall Apart?

Nothing is going over anybody's head tongue. I'm just saying my observations. I'll love to meet this 'Nairaland atheists' who converted on NL so I'll be sure if they're no god bias is different from what I stated earlier.

I have no interest in those mad at God for not feeding the whole world or saving dying children everyday.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: Hi
At last,how are you dear?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
An0nimus:
You reiterated my point in the bolded Sir LBsmiley Have you read Things Fall Apart?

Nothing is going over anybody's head tongue. I'm just saying my observations. I'll love to meet this 'Nairaland atheists' who converted on NL so I'll be sure if they're no god bias is different from what I stated earlier.

I have no interest in those mad at God for not feeding the whole world or saving dying children everyday.

"I am amazed how people can just say things without thinking"

Seriously, I am just shaking my head.....the point went well over someone's head
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
An0nimus:

I'm a Nigerian atheist and I've never stepped a foot outside the country, so your initial comment is wrong. Although your comment indirectly admits insular ignorance is the main reason Nigeria is a very religious country. My only flights have been between Abuja and Lagos.

I wasn't converted at Nairaland but many people have. I was shocked to meet one guy at NYSC camp last year who admitted he was converted on Nairaland. Ironically, he went to Covenant Uni and had been a staunch Winners member.

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
I'm a Nigerian atheist and I've never stepped a foot outside the country, so your initial comment is wrong. Although your comment indirectly admits insular ignorance is the main reason Nigeria is a very religious country. My only flights have been between Abuja and Lagos.

I wasn't converted at Nairaland but many people have. I was shocked to meet one guy at NYSC camp last year who admitted he was converted on Nairaland. Ironically, he went to Covenant Uni and had been a staunch Winners member.

[img]http://x4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/give+this+man+a+++medal+_27654b594e95a74bca4f65f78b5f3db6.jpg[/img]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

"I am amazed how people can just say things without thinking"

Seriously, I am just shaking my head.....the point went well over someone's head

you have not said anything logicboy tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
Obi1kenobi:

Nice to meet you too Jedi master. was hoping Logicboy will draw someone here so I can ask questions and satisfy my curiosity...a few questions please...

-When did you decide to be an atheist?
-What prompted this decision?
-As an atheist now so you feel there are no such things as witches, wizards, spirit beings, traditional gods even down to your hometown's?

Too bad I can't ask him questions. Thing is, there are Nigerians disillusioned with the Christian God concept (no doubt) but a thoroughbred Nigerian utterly disputing the existence of paranormal activity?

That's a rare one.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Cutekemitola: just got bored with it...there r some other motivating and educative movies and series....thought yuh shud be at work now

I can chat from work grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 12:12am On Aug 21, 2014
An0nimus:

Nice to meet you too Jedi master. was hoping Logicboy will draw someone here so I can ask questions and satisfy my curiosity...a few questions please...

-As an atheist now so you feel there are no such things as witches, wizards, spirit beings, traditional gods even down to your hometown's?

Too bad I can't ask him questions. Thing is, there are Nigerians disillusioned with the Christian God concept (no doubt) but a thoroughbred Nigerian utterly disputing the existence of paranormal activity?

That's a rare one.
Nice questions especially the emboldened
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2014
dagr8:
Nice questions especially the emboldened

undecided

Cant believe that christians think harry potter is real cry cry

witches, wizards, ghosts.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Obi1kenobi:

lol, @conversion.
If people can be converted to atheism then how is different from other religion?
Its a religion of 'no God' with passionate followers and dedicated evangelists.
cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2014
M
chrisvilla:
At last,how are you dear?
m good and u?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: till then
Till then? Really? C'mon now, what has to wait till then?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:
lol, @conversion.
If people can be converted to atheism then how is different from other religion?
Its a religion of 'no God' with passionate followers and dedicated evangelists.
cheesy
It's a figure of speech. Conversion is not just a religious word. For your small mind, you just said something of relevance and intelligence? So conversion of currencies, or conversion measurement units is a religion too, abi? Oga, use the sense your imaginary god gave you and stop being childish.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Till then? Really? C'mon now, what has to wait till then?
"Then" I think will be when Christ comes....nothing has to wait but just incase we have something to put on hold for later....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: "Then" I think will be when Christ comes....nothing has to wait but just incase we have something to put on hold for later....
Lol. grin Hun, you don't have to put anything on hold. Just table it and I'll try to step up, you know.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
An0nimus:

That's a rare one.
I became atheist around my 3rd year in University. I became one cos I was exposed to atheist literature that opened my eyes to the fantasy I've been living since I was born. There are no witches, wizards and all that stuff. That's the make-believe fantasy world of religious and superstitious people. Irreligious people and skeptics don't see anything like that. Only superstitious people who are always casting and binding imaginary demons, spirits, witches, enemies etc see such things. The rest of us normal people in the real world know those things are about as real as Santa Claus, fairies or unicorns and we don't see them anywhere. Show me any miracle worker and I'll show you an intelligent fraud and con-artist who knows how to manipulate gullible followers.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
It's a figure of speech. Conversion is not just a religious word. For your small mind, you just said something of relevance and intelligence? So conversion of currencies, or conversion measurement units is a religion too, abi? Oga, use the sense your imaginary god gave you and stop being childish.

You are in the religion section and you think your 'conversion' won't be interpreted as religious.
Fools thinking denying God makes them look smarter.
mtcheww angry

5 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
An0nimus:

Personally, I believe every 'Nigerian atheist' has been out of Nigeria at one point or the other and most likely has spent a good number of years out there. Ask around you'll see its true grin

Or maybe their no god bias is only towards God as we Christians know Him not all the other spiritual beings and paranormals peculiar to Nigeria.

I'll be more than curious to hear from a Naija ninja born and bred here who claims to be an atheist.

Wrong.

I'm an Atheist and has never left the country. Never even travelled by air. cheesy

My journey to atheism began in my university days when I did a course on Philosophy and Logic.

Was agnostic till I came to nairaland. Mr Troll in particular helped in my transition from agnosticism to atheism.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:

You are in the religion section and you think your 'conversion' won't be interpreted as religious.
mtcheww angry
It doesn't matter what section I'm in. I'm applying the English language and you made a juvenile attempt at taking the mickey. Converting from a state of belief to unbelief doesn't have any religious connotations, you dunce. It's not even relevant to what is being discussed other than you being a childish tw.at distracted by trivial nonsense. Feeling clever and failing woefully.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:

mtcheww angry

grin grin

This comment got three likes.

As I always say- it is the foolish comments that get likes

Let us follow the ridiculous line of reasoning form Mployer-
-Writing in the politics section makes you a politician or political
-Writing in the religion section makes you religious or a religionist
-Writing in the autos section makes you a mechanic/driver/car freak

There is no atheist section and neither is there a philosophy nor theology section.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
An0nimus,

two different atheists (apart from me, making 3) have corrected you on your false belief that Nigerian atheists have indoctrination abroad.

Now, do the right thing and apologise or acknowledge your mistake.

But knowing the average christian chatboxer, PRIDE might get in the way
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2: An0nimus,

two different atheists (apart from me, making 3) have corrected you on your false belief that Nigerian atheists have indoctrination abroad.

Now, do the right thing and apologise or acknowledge your mistake.

But knowing the average christian chatboxer, PRIDE might get in the way
It took you lots some good amount of time to rally support and come up with a reply.

Anyways, I wanted you to draw them out and its worked. And while I'll like to ask these ones if they ever experienced any form of paranormal activity before their 'conversion' and (if yes) what they think of it now I think I'll pass. I just wonder what they ever saw, heard or believed in before their 'conversion'. They were most likely drifting.

Its ok to call my position a haughty one but I maintain it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
An0nimus:
It took you lots some good amount of time to rally support and come up with a reply.

Anyways, I wanted you to draw them out and its worked. And while I'll like to ask these ones if they ever experienced any form of paranormal activity before their 'conversion' and (if yes) what they think of it now I think I'll pass. I just wonder what they ever saw, heard or believed in before their 'conversion'. They were most likely drifting.

Its ok to call my position a haughty one but I maintain it.

Mtchew
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Mtchew

you quick reply now abi? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Crucified With Christ / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.