Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (822902 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (786) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony: cry cry cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/1791953/mayor-difference/1#25663364

Born sinner
opposite of winner
remember when I used eat sardines for dinner

Damn right I like the life i live because I went from negative to positive

^^^^^
Circumstances change, bro. Listen to the above song and chill.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin

This comment got three likes.

As I always say- it is the foolish comments that get likes

Let us follow the ridiculous line of reasoning form Mployer-
-Writing in the politics section makes you a politician or political
-Writing in the religion section makes you religious or a religionist
-Writing in the autos section makes you a mechanic/driver/car freak

There is no atheist section and neither is there a philosophy nor theology section.

I didn't say writing in the religion section makes him religious.

I mean the words you use in a section will have a near contextual meaning based on the section.

There is a meaning the people in that section are used to regarding that word, so you have to clarify if you want to use it in another sense.
You can't mention 'conversion' in the religion section and expect people to immediately think beyong religious conversion. That's is absurd.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:

I didn't say writing in the religion section makes him religious.

I mean the words you use in a section will have a near contextual meaning based on the section.

There is a meaning the people in that section are used to regarding that word, so you have to clarify if you want to use it in another sense.
You can't mention 'conversion' in the religion section and expect people to immediately think beyong religious conversion. That's is absurd.

It is the sentence/paragraph that decides the context. In fact, what you have written in bold is a freudian slip- you just blurted out how you cant think without a religious bias
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2014

You wanted much more than "above average", didn't you, dear? You are more than "above average". Do you get nervous when you write external exams?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

It is the sentence/paragraph that decides the context. In fact, what you have written in bold is a freudian slip- you just blurted out how you cant think without a religious bias

You are not totally wrong, I cannot do without religion but still not biased about it.

I am obsessed with it, reason I frequent this section.
You are obsessed with it, same reason you come here too often

You see, we are both passionately religious people that is why we are here.

But the difference is that you apply deceit to market your faith. You start from the platform of 'no God' to deceive naive minds who are probably facing challenges. They believe there is no God and became passionate about it and in the end the 'no God' faith becomes their faith and they hang around here spreading the same message.

See, I have no interest in coding and you won't see me hang around that section for long. By default, anyone that has no interest in religion Won't stay here long. Staying here long shows you have interest in religion and that makes you religious.
I know you hate to hear it but that is the truth. You are selling a religion called 'no God

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2014

Am so sorry my friend it do happens that way atimes. i will urge you to pray hard because nothing is impossible for God. The lesson of life though is "to fall down 7times and rise back to your feet 8times"

Believe me 'a trust in God is a Trust that last':

All is well my friend..

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Born sinner
opposite of winner

^^^^^

Okay. Thanks sad
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:
You wanted much more than "above average", didn't you, dear? You are more than "above average". Do you get nervous when you write external exams?

Yap. I shivers a lot and sometimes have an exam fever.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Am so sorry my friend it do happens that way atimes. i will urge you to pray hard because nothing is impossible for God. The lesson of life though is "to fall down 7times and rise back to your feet 8times"

Believe me 'a trust in God is a Trust that last':

All is well my friend..

Thanks.

Lol. Falling down seven times? embarassed That's huge!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:

You are not totally wrong, I cannot do without religion but still not biased about it.

I am obsessed with it, reason I frequent this section.
You are obsessed with it, same reason you come here too often

You see, we are both passionately religious people that is why we are here.

But the difference is that you apply deceit to market your faith. You start from the platform of 'no God' to deceive naive minds who are probably facing challenges. They believe there is no God and became passionate about it and in the end the 'no God' faith becomes their faith and they hang around here spreading the same message.

See, I have no interest in coding and you won't see me hang around that section for long. By default, anyone that has no interest in religion Won't stay here long. Staying here long shows you have interest in religion and that makes you religious.
I know you hate to hear it but that is the truth. You are selling a religion called 'no God

I have nothing but pity for you and those that agree with your comment. Honestly, I do.

If you have no idea why I and some other atheists are on the religion section, why not ask?

Instead of asking, you go through the same ignorant route with An0nimus by pushing your opinion about atheists without facts.

I am not religious. I am not obsessed with religion. I am on the religion section because there is no atheist/humanist/philosophy section. I have never been to the christian section on reddit- always the atheist section.

I am here because of atheism/humanism/philosophy. Please, dont turn your baseless beliefs into facts.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay. Thanks sad

angry angry angry angry

I should have known. freaking teenager. Have you even passed puberty?

#newbies who dont know Notorious B.I.G
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony:

Thanks.

Lol. Falling down seven times? embarassed That's huge!!

its an ironic expression..

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Born sinner
opposite of winner

^^^^^

Juicy wink wink

I prefer Pac to BIG though...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Juicy wink wink

I prefer Pac to BIG though...

A muslim that listens to Notorious BIG.

Did you miss the part where he rapped about champagne? grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

angry angry angry angry

I should have known. freaking teenager. Have you even passed puberty?

#newbies who dont know Notorious B.I.G

Passed puberty? LOL! No angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I have nothing but pity for you and those that agree with your comment. Honestly, I do.

If you have no idea why I and some other atheists are on the religion section, why not ask?

Instead of asking, you go through the same ignorant route with An0nimus by pushing your opinion about atheists without facts.

I am not religious. I am not obsessed with religion. I am on the religion section because there is no atheist/humanist/philosophy section. I have never been to the christian section on reddit- always the atheist section.

I am here because of atheism/humanism/philosophy. Please, dont turn your baseless beliefs into facts.

I have no problem with atheists being here, but what I want to clarify is that religion is probably beyond the common definition we give it.

I expect you to look inwards and ask yourself ' if I am not religious, why do I find the religion section more fascinating than other sections?'

You probably have a religion you are not aware of.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Rilwayne001: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

A muslim that listens to Notorious BIG.

Did you miss the part where he rapped about champagne? grin grin grin

Actually, it quiet a while listening to those songs..

During my secondary school days..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
mployer:

I have no problem with atheists being here, but what I want clarify is that religion is probably beyond the common definition we give yo it

I know this argument well. The usual christian apologists STRETCH the meaning of "religion" to accommodate everything.

Religion has 3 main components
-central belief
-shared rituals/practice
-leaders/icons/authority figure

^^^
Atheism has none.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Actually, it quiet a while listening to those songs..

During my secondary school days..

cool

Nice. Same here
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yap. I shivers a lot and sometimes have an exam fever.
That's what you need to deal with, my brother. You don't perform poorly in external exams because they're external exams, you do because they scare you. Actually, my case tended to be the reverse of yours. I generally aced exams if they were one-time externals but tanked generally if they were sort of "continuous assessment" stuff. It was like I was more adventurous than domestic, lol.

Now, relax. You are ok. I think you should grow a little more adventurous in thinking. Attempt to take on debates about stuff outside of your normal curriculum. Deal with larger philosophical subjects. That will help to open out your mind and make you more comfortable with dealing with different exam environments than your usual. You'll start out doing this deliberately, but eventually it should become more natural for you.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2014
You do make a lot of sense mployer. Well said.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 2:18am On Aug 22, 2014
An0nimus: You do make a lot of sense mployer. Well said.

Thanks bro.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 5:43am On Aug 22, 2014
mployer:

I expect you to look inwards and ask yourself ' if I am not religious, why do I find the religion section more fascinating than other sections?'

You just want to be silly. I just told you why I am on the religion section (its not a religious reason) but you keep giving me your own reason why I am here on the religion section.

Goodluck to you. I hope you dont try this nonsense in real life
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 22, 2014
mployer:

I have no problem with atheists being here, but what I want to clarify is that religion is probably beyond the common definition we give it.

Most of them were staunch christian.

Maybe, that is why.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You just want to be silly. I just told you why I am on the religion section (its not a religious reason) but you keep giving me your own reason why I am here on the religion section.

Goodluck to you. I hope you dont try this nonsense in real life

Lol
It has not gotten to dat.

But why are you getting hurt? Because I put you on the defensive?

You are hurt because I require you to explain that you are not religious? But you guys don't call it anything when you constantly require us to explain how our religion is not useless?
The defensive is a bad place bro.

I don't mean to hurt no one, just experience the other side and see how it feels.

Bye.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Most of them were staunch christian.

Maybe, that is why.

Why that don't they go to church as well, if they still have 'sympathy' for religion.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2014
mployer:

Why that don't they go to church as well, if they still have 'sympathy' for religion.

Take Frosbel as an example.

He was a staunch Jehovah witness who bash Catholic, atheist and Muslim on Religion section.

He's becoming a deist right now and hardly make a religion bash.

If he finally becomes an atheist, do you think he'll leave religion section?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2014
mployer:

Lol
It has not gotten to dat.

But why are you getting hurt? Because I put you on the defensive?

You are hurt because I require you to explain that you are not religious? But you guys don't call it anything when you constantly require us to explain how our religion is not useless?
The defensive is a bad place bro.

I don't mean to hurt no one, just experience the other side and see how it feels.

Bye.

undecided

An atheist is correcting you that he is not religious. You then reply that he is religious and hurt because you called him religious.

it is either you are a mind reader or you are very very foolish.

Guess which option I choose.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 8:06am On Aug 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

He was a staunch Jehovah witness who bash Catholic, atheist and Muslim on Religion section.

Frosbel still bashes christianity.....

But no, proceed with your false analysis of atheists/deists/n0n-christians
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 8:16am On Aug 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

That is the point.

Becoming an atheist won't make him less religious. He simply changed his belief system, that is his religion.

As long as he has a belief system concerning religion which he is passionate about and willing to communicate to others he is still religious.

He will become less religious the day he starts showing signs of apathy towards religion. That will manifest in his loss of interest to discussions in this section and eventual exit from here. Until then, he is still religious.

Religion transcends reasoning. Declaring you are not religious doesn't automatically make it so. A survey of your interest reveals the truth.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (786) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.