Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830329 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:12am On Aug 23, 2014
An0nimus:

No logicboy,

1. The world is over 6 billion people
2. Think of the ratio of theists to atheists
3. Think of a sample space of 100 intelligent people
4. Which of them do you feel will have more intelligent people?

Argument ad populum grin

Lets look at the greatest minds known to man (and some Nigerians)

-Einstein = Deist (rejected christian God)
-Darwin = agnostic (rejected christian God)
-Wole Soyinka = Spiritual atheist (rejected christian God)
-Chinua Achebe = deist/agnostic (rejected christian God)

Despite the sample size, it will always remain that the elite will always be mostly atheists or irreligious.

cool

Studies upon studies will bring about this fact. Just admit it
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by johnpaul1101(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2014
@bigurban2, i would really like to come in contact with you(speak with you). but starting with, do you believe in the bible? if you don't mind, kindly drop your phone number for me, or contact me @ 08189342842. you are lost in the spirit and need to find your way again,God is interested in your soul.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2014
johnpaul1101: @bigurban2, i would really like to come in contact with you(speak with you). but starting with, do you believe in the bible? if you don't mind, kindly drop your phone number for me, or contact me @ 08189342842. you are lost in the spirit and need to find your way again,God is interested in your soul.

grin grin grin

Thanks but no thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

LMAO

1) The most intelligent set of people Most gays tend to be atheists more often than not....

2) South Korea remains one of the most atheistic countries in the world and they recently indicted their biggest pastors "Daddy Cho"

It seems ignorance correlates well with theism at times...... grin grin

Fixed cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Fixed cool

There are more gay christians in America than atheists.

But, please proceed in your ignorance grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

There are more gay christians in America than atheists.

But, please proceed in your ignorance grin grin grin

90% of atheist are gay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

90% of atheist are gay.

90% of your brain isnt working........

How many atheists on nairaland are gay? Just one confirmed one- SimonAndal

How many christians on nairaland are gay? MANY- https://www.nairaland.com/152013/cnn-reports-gay-christians-nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/1855260/gay-christians

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by johnpaul1101(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Thanks but no thanks.
my brother there is no time, i don't know what you believe in, but i know that everyone is entitled to his or her belief. but their is no harm learning someone else's beliefs,from your comments so far, i really think you could use some help in your spirituality. i'm not trying to criticize,condemn, or belittle your belief, let's just see it as HELP.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

90% of your brain isnt working........

How many atheists on nairaland are gay? Just one confirmed one- SimonAndal

How many christians on nairaland are gay? MANY- https://www.nairaland.com/152013/cnn-reports-gay-christians-nigeria
https://www.nairaland.com/1855260/gay-christians

You are giving me gay christians outside world while using Nairaland to list gay atheist. #baisedMuch undecided

All Nairalanders gay are atheist. undecided Fact

SimonAndal and his colleague.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

You are giving me gay christians outside world while using Nairaland to list gay atheist. #baisedMuch undecided

All Nairalanders gay are atheist. undecided Fact

SimonAndal and his colleague.

undecided

I'll leave you to your filth and lies.

I hope you get many likes
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2014
johnpaul1101:
my brother there is no time, i don't know what you believe in, but i know that everyone is entitled to his or her belief. but their is no harm learning someone else's beliefs,from your comments so far, i really think you could use some help in your spirituality. i'm not trying to criticize,condemn, or belittle your belief, let's just see it as HELP.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1648123_help_pngb0621ed4ad5ec4337b556a8fea14acf0
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Seun added a new feature on moderators profile.

Mynd44, those section you are moderating are many O. shocked 6sections plus supermod.

Ujsizzle, two section.

Humbledbygrace, a section. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony: Seun added a new feature on moderators profile.

Mynd44, those section you are moderating are many O. shocked 6sections plus supermod.

Ujsizzle, two section.

Mynd44 should be one of the staff of Nairaland by now

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014

Ujsizzle, two section.

It's visible now huh undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1648123_help_pngb0621ed4ad5ec4337b556a8fea14acf0

You believe you are a product of accident and still think you are in order?

Visit accident scenes and see how orderly things are arranged there.

5 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
An0nimus:

No logicboy,

1. The world is over 6 billion people
2. Think of the ratio of theists to atheists
3. Think of a sample space of 100 intelligent people
4. Which of them do you feel will have more intelligent people?

This is simple logic, logicboy. You're nitpicking. Which will have more intelligent people?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2014

Ujsizzle, two section.

No wonder Mynd44 feels like a boss. mtchew
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
mployer:

You believe you are a product of accident and still think you are in order?

Visit accident scenes and see how orderly things are arranged there.

Your comment got 3 likes.

I do not believe what you claim I believe
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
It's visible now huh undecided

Yeah. View your profile.

After your signature, View Topic and View post, You'll see 'moderate'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

No wonder Mynd44 feels like a boss. mtchew

LOL! He's oga nau grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
An0nimus:

This is simple logic, logicboy. You're nitpicking. Which will have more intelligent people?

hehe

you are comparing 6 billion theists to about 1.2 billion non religious folk.

Given the studies....it is enough to say that the 1.2 billion non religious folk will still have more intelligent people
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mployer(m): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Your comment got 3 likes.

I do not believe what you claim I believe

Are you denying the big B.ang theory or saying it was no accident?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hi everyone smiley

This morning I was having a timeout with Father and something dropped in our conversation that I'd like to share with the rest of us.

In 2008 I had to make a very difficult decision that I repented twice before I finally yielded to it. It was the sort-of-official beginning of a journey that has come quite a ways. I sought explanation for that journey a lot and finally settled with "it is the Cross", but it took a long time to appreciate what even that meant. You know, a real danger in religion, especially in Christianity, is getting caught in cliches and catch-phrases. When something sounds new or catchy, we start to throw it around without even really understanding what it means. Thankfully though, this otherwise bad habit does something good for us. We humans tend to test our claims even without meaning to, so when someone makes a lot of noise about something like the Cross they soon start looking for it. Considering that the Cross is central to Christianity, they don't get too far along in their search before they find it in all of its terrible glory.

Well, I took the explanation. I read up a lot on it but I still had questions. What is the Cross really? What does it mean to take up the Cross? What is the end of the Cross? Wrapped up in these questions were their material outworking: is it godly to leave school instead of finish and get a degree? Is that what the Cross is about? That God can come in and have you lay down some normal and non-evil, even totally necessary pursuit for whatever reason? What is one to do with one's life as a Christian? Where does one end up materially for following God? Is it ungodly to hope for, ask for and work for some measure of earthly comfort? All these questions were wrapped up in those earlier questions about the Cross?

It is necessary to understand and correctly appreciate that Christianity affects three realities. Or two, more correctly since two out of the three are really one. Like Lord Jesus said, Christ is the ladder connecting heaven and earth upon which the angels ascend and descend. Heaven's connection to earth is through Christ and thus through the Christian. Questions that arise from following Christ are not purely philosophical, they have material significance. We must never ignore material reality because Jesus Christ does not. He was made King of kings, not just King of spiritual powers, but of material powers. You know how the lords of this world gather at Geneva to attempt to control the destiny of this world? Well, these lords are under the power of the Lord Jesus and the destiny of this world is part of His Portfolio as well. We need to stop thinking that the Kingdom of Heaven is far off in the future someplace and will come someday. It is right here and right now and in full power too. And we are not only its subjects (in fact, every living being in existence is a subject of the Lord Christ. They may be in active rebellion against Him but it does not change the fact even slightly. The only way that they can claim not to be subject to His Authority is if they did not exist to make the claim at all in the first place), we are its emissaries. We are the ones who have seen that indeed Jesus has taken the Throne and we are commissioned to let others know so that they can rise out of bondage to the usurper, the enemy of all our souls. So, we must learn to study Christ not only for spiritual satisfaction and enrichment of our religious vocabulary but also for the godly enrichment of our bodily life as well. This is why I asked hard questions and broke them down into everyday terms. Some of us may only be refreshing their memory reading this paragraph, others may be dealing with something new. Whichever the case for you, we believers are to serve the Lord with our bodies, our souls and our spirits, not just our spirits, be aware.

This morning, I had to look at several Scriptures to work through a dense fog that stymied me in my movements with Father for a considerable length of time. Among them was Hebrews 12 which focused on the trials that Christians face from time to time in their walk with Father. And what He had to say there was so right on that I'm still wondering if it really was the first time I was realizing what the Cross is. Look at verses 9 through 11:

9 Moreover, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we yielded [to them] and respected [them for training us]. Shall we not much more cheerfully submit to the Father of spirits and so [truly] live?

10 For [our earthly fathers] disciplined us for only a short period of time and chastised us as seemed proper and good to them; but He disciplines us for our certain good, that we may become sharers in His own holiness.

11 For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems grievous and painful; but afterwards it yields a peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it [a harvest of fruit which consists in righteousness—in conformity to God’s will in purpose, thought, and action, resulting in right living and right standing with God].

Note the parts that I have marked out in bold text. They are the answer to what the Cross is, what the work of the Cross is and what the end of the Cross is. By the trials that we face in our lives, God conforms us or, in modern contemporary speech, adjusts us to fit His holiness. Every time we come into difficulty and places of crisis or situations where our ease is disrupted in some way, the question that we must answer right then is whether we will try to deliver ourselves by contradicting Christ and His Law of Love or whether we will act in keeping with that Law even when doing so does not offer immediate or even clearly foreseeable benefit and might even endanger us even further. That is the material reality of the Cross. That is the shame or disgrace of the Cross that Jesus despised or, in today's speech, ignored. If we choose to contradict Christ in those situations and we are true children of God, any relief we will get will be short-lived because Father will orchestrate the whole lesson again. The way out will always be through doing that which agrees with the Law of Love even though there may be no visible indication of how we will get out by following Christ's walk of love.

At this point let us examine what love means in day-to-day living. I'll start by answering one final question about the Cross. What does it mean to take up the Cross? It does not really mean to abandon any comfort you have today or any normal activity you are engaged in. It might[i/] and [i]can work out in that but taking up the Cross does not necessarily mean that. Taking up the Cross is a deliberate decision to live and react to life in a non-self-centered, non-self-absorbed fashion. What this means is that the first thing that governs you is the pleasure of God. It will be your reaction, your deliberate reaction at all times to ask how engaging in this or that or abstaining from this or that will uphold God's claim through Christ to authority over all creation. In other words, each time you have to make a decision, the question you really have to answer is what God's rights are. If, for instance, you felt like you were faced with a decision to finish your degree or to drop out of school at whatever point you may have arrived in your progress toward the degree in the university, what is the first question you really are being asked? It's this one: does God have a right to do whatever He wants with you? It is very important to remember that this is the first question that the heavenlies are interested in. It is always the question around which all of our spiritual conflicts manifest in various shapes of earthly situations revolve.

Does God have a right to do whatever He likes with you, no questions asked? In other words, are you God or do you worship God? If you admit to God's authority over you, then the next question is "how has God shown that He exercises His rights over His Creation?" That is, what do the Scriptures tell us about God's character? Does God move in such directions as you feel led? Do you notice something thus far? There is a preoccupation with God from the beginning of the decision up to now, that is part of what it means to love God. Your first concern is the pleasure and the satisfaction of God. You deliberately subordinate your own benefit to God. You make God's benefit more important than yours. That first question is the beginning of the walk of faith. Those which follow, like the second one which we have not answered yet, are when you start to try strong meat. We start with what is God and move on to WHO is God. However, we may discuss that elsewhere. For now, the interest is in what taking up the Cross means. As I have said, it is subsuming your interests, your benefits in God's. It is choosing to uphold God as God over you no matter what the apparent cost to you may be.

So each difficulty, each trial of your faith is focused on one thing: making you a sharer in God's holiness or "whole-iness". It focuses on aligning you with God, on making you holy like God, on making God's priorities your priorities, on making God's purposes your purposes. It is about losing yourself in God or, as Paul put it, hiding your life in Christ in God. Each time you choose God over yourself, you will suffer loss. You will give up something that matters to you. Never imagine that such sacrifices are easy. Anything that proves easy to give up for you is not competing with God's interests in your life. God ever comes in with these disciplines because something is coming between you and Him so you are no longer "whole-y" or whole in Him or one with Him. The whole meaning of holiness is oneness, perfect, undisturbed agreement and fellowship with God. And these difficulties and conflicts come in to address points in your life where your focus is misaligned with God's.

In a nutshell, then, the Cross is not a cosmetic Christian philosophy. It is the normal - and sometimes extra-normal - crises and crisic decisions we face in our journey through life. Everybody who claims Christ is tested by the Cross as to the truth and perfection or maturity of their claim. It is important to note that these disciplines don't come merely because you have done evil or committed sin. They come to teach you the Character of Christ and, by forcing you to make a decision, form the same character in you. As you must already know, we humans learn by experience not just talk. We must do things ourselves to, and repeatedly too, to gain mastery of them. Therefore we will have to use many opportunities to make the kind of decisions that Christ makes until thinking like He does becomes automatic for us. That is the point of the Cross.

As to how this works out in material well-being for us, let us see what the Word of God says. In Mark 10:29, 30 and Luke 9:24, we are assured of God's commitment to the replenishment of everything that is given up for His benefit. In the latter passage, it is further clarified that whatever is held onto and not put into the bank that is God is going to be inevitably lost. That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? God is eternal, in fact, eternity is merely an expression of God's quality of endurance and superiority over all forces of degradation and decay. That which He thus does not imbue with Himself will come to nothing. And He will only imbue with Himself such things as are committed in faith to Him. If then a person only knew about God's rights but perhaps had not matured enough to know how He exercises them and goes on to venture something on that knowledge that they have, you can bet everything you care about on this: he will get it all back with eternity built into them as well. This means that if you were to step out on the backing of some understanding in the Bible regarding God, whatever you put at risk by doing so will be preserved...the same way that Christ was preserved in the grave so that He did not degrade or decay in any fashion.

Understand that, for instance, it is not a degree that you put at risk, it is that which you attempt to secure with a degree that you put at risk. So while you may lose that means of security, the thing that you sought to secure with it will be preserved. Therefore, it really is not very much in keeping with Christianity that all the Christian ever does is suffer loss. Yes, there will be plenty loss even to the point of giving up our lives to death to witness to God's right to rule through His Christ but with each loss will come overwhelming gain. Again, gain may not be the money that you get back for the money you gave, in fact, it is very likely that it will not be. But that which you sought to secure with the money you gave will be preserved. Understand that means of security can be a long chain with various links. God will always be heading for securing only one thing: your oneness with Him. So, whatever comes between Him and you is going to be attacked by the Cross, whether it be money, friends, family, religious structures, career and all of that. He will continually come to you and present you with a choice: trust Him or try to do it yourself. In the end, the Cross will have only God left and you deep inside of Him. The Cross will thus bring you to the Throne.

To conclude, let me remind you again: the material or day-to-day experience of the Cross is always going to have you faced with a decision to do something that is right even at your own peril or avoid doing it to save something you care about. Always know that as long as you lay claim to the Name of Christ, unless you choose to do the right thing, the experience will be repeated in various ways and through various circumstances until you do the right thing.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by POPEII: 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bump
The crusader is back
Catholicism has come to stay, you people should hear the call, and leave your pastthieves cool grin

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yeah. View your profile.

After your signature, View Topic and View post, You'll see 'moderate'.
lol you didn't understand my statement.
It's been there for a long time now, but was just made visible to everyone else.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ihedinobi and my small touchscreen..

Working out my thumb since 1842.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
musKeeto: Ihedinobi and my small touchscreen..

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
musKeeto: Ihedinobi and my small touchscreen..

smh grin

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
lol you didn't understand my statement.
It's been there for a long time now, but was just made visible to everyone else.

Oh yeah. It's now visible and can be found down any 'section' homepage also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
FrancisTony:

Oh yeah. It's now visible and can be found down any 'section' homepage also.

Remember when Mynd44 first became the religion section mod? grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

hehe

you are comparing 6 billion theists to about 1.2 billion non religious folk.

Given the studies....it is enough to say that the 1.2 billion non religious folk will still have more intelligent people
reread your post and tell me if it makes sense smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Remember when Mynd44 first became the religion section mod? grin grin

grin grin grin I was a fanatic and I dey chop ban die. grin grin

but now,
#TeamCHRISTIAN
#TeamNotAfanatic_again
#TeamSayNoToReligionBigotry cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.