Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (828677 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
If I inscribe Love or Grace or Christ on any part of my body, it's same as having a tattoo of Love, Grace, or Christ on me.

Tattoos is not a sin in itself but becomes a sin when we use it to glory in the flesh.
@ Mintayo
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Hmmmmm, then. The bible tells us of things to avoid as Christians, how to live etc but others completely live the opposite meaning if they are fine with clubbing and it doesn't bug them they can go, smoking weed, drinking and fornicating? It all has to do with conscious right?

Then the Spirit in them isn't bearing witness to the truth of the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
vickyO:

Then the Spirit in them isn't bearing witness to the truth of the gospel.
wow, thanks....m satisfied.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
wow, thanks....m satisfied.

Glad I could help.. wink

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
vickyO:

Glad I could help.. wink
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
ATMC where you @? I can't find our old emails....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mintayo:

vickyO:

Tattoos in Leviticus 19:28 was in relation to the pagan practice of tattooing in connection to funeral rites....
Leviticus 19:28 is referring to pagan rituals that where performed over the burial of their dead. This verse is prohibiting worldly, pagan rituals that the nations outside of Israel had as tradition.
Lale is an art of printing on the body which the same Lev 19:28 you quoted condemned. As regards body modifications just like yetseyi and you I will also say hmmm grin. But will seize the opportunity to ask a few questions, "Is it a sin to undergone correctional surgery of humans born with a defect? Is it a sin to separate Siamese twins? Are they not beautifully and wonderfully made? Don't you think an attempt to do so is synonymous to saying God didn't create them well?

I still stand on my conviction tattoing the body is not for Christians!
I understand and I respect your conviction, we could go on and on as whether it is appropriate for whether someone has a tattoo or not or whether one should have a tattoo or not but My final shot is this “in essentials, unity; in doubtful matters, liberty; in all things, Love. I have read of testimonies of people who through this same tatoo have brought the lost to share in this amazing grace of Christ.
Shalom!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
so as to make the long story short, those ladies who have their eyebrows tattooed are so damn doomed to hell? Please elaborate Sir.
vickyO:

No they aren't... He made mention of it being a sin to you if you're uncomfortable with your decision.

Whatever you believe is wrong becomes a sin to you when you indulge in it.

I think VickyO have answered you smiley ...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Daimhill: 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hi guys! smiley

So sorry I haven't continued the series. I was unavoidably held up.

@HBG, I'm grateful that that resonated with you. Yeah, it's one of the things about teenage. That time of life is positively crazy. When I look back I honestly don't know what to think of myself back then. I'm glad you made it out alright. Help others do the same too.

@Mintayo, thank you, bro.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 12:07am On Oct 30, 2014
LESSON FOURTEEN...

Think again about what Jesus was. He called Himself Son of Man and agreed that He was Son of God as well. As we have said, both terms are used to identify "species" or kind or nature. Jesus was essentially a "composite" of two different natures or species.

As Son of Man He was Human. As Son of God He was Deity. That is what the Moshiach or Messiah or Christ was supposed to be. He was to be conceived and born by a human (that meant that he would be human) but he was also going to be "God WITH us" (Emmanuel, remember?).

That is important to explain how God rules directly even where it seems that He sets up a representative for Himself.

You see, what God did in the Christ was create an interface between Creator and creation. He invented a way to meld the two into a unity. That way, He would be a King that is vitally present and involved in the mundane existences of even the lowest of His subjects and all His subjects would have direct access to Him and His wealth.

The Christ is God forming a unity with His Creation.

Think about it for a little while. I expect that you will find a few knots when you do.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
vickyO:

Yes, I did..

Yes... and by that I mean customs and traditions of men....

Tattoos in Levticus 19:28 was in relation to the pagan practice of tattooing in connection to funeral rites....
In The book of Revelations 19:12/16 you see that on Christ's forehead and thigh something's were written which is more like a tattoo. The one written in his thigh says King of kings and Lord of lords which perfectly describes Him.
So tattooing for Christians is a mode of self expression and worship... I can tattoo on my body a Bible text that I love, the name of a loved one, a word that means so much to me... The tattoos on me then describes who I am, A Creation of God and a Believer.
hmmm and hmm again
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
vickyO:
If I inscribe Love or Grace or Christ on any part of my body, it's same as having a tattoo of Love, Grace, or Christ on me.

[/b]Tattoos is not a sin in itself but becomes a sin when we use it to glory in the flesh. [b]
@ Mintayo

seriously? throw more light.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
LESSON FIFTEEN...

So the Christ is God's interface with Creation, the meeting point of mortality and immortality.

Do you realize how big a thing to say that is? Have you really thought about it? You really should.

Also you should make it a point to go and hunt through the Scriptures to see if all this is true. To help you along, Paul was immensely interested in ithe meaning of Christ. He talked about it a lot. Try his letter to the Ephesians for one, the other to the Colossians, the one to the Philippians and the ones to the Corinthians. In fact, Paul' writings were filled with the issue of what the Christ was. And his were not the only ones that were.

To help impress upon you the enormity of the things being said here, think about this: there is only One Throne in Heaven. Only one. Yes, in Revelation, you know of at least twenty five, right? In Daniel, there were "thrones" that were cast down. However, think hard about the language of Revelation and of Daniel. Do you see how much "the midst of the throne" was emphasized in Revelation? Or how it is only the "Ancient of days" that sat in Daniel? There is only one throne. But who sits in it? Take some time and look at everything that the Bible said about it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1973811/nigerian-girl-dies-thailand-after
this girl went abroad to do some modification to her bumbum and she end up dead,as a result of her surgery.
I want to believe she is a christain, and she is at liberty to modify her body to,and this "liberty" eventually led to her death.
Was God Glorified as a result of this bumbum enlargement? Will God be pleased with her death? Or the cause of her death? Is God glorified in her death? So many questions,so many questions!
Goodnight family.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Christianity has been modernized in this day and age people have actually deviated from the old and intended Ancient standards and instructions that the BIBLE has set for us to follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esdb(m): 1:30am On Oct 31, 2014
vickyO:

Tattoos is not a sin in itself but becomes a sin when we use it to glory in the flesh.
@ Mintayo
you are wrong because if christianity works by faith,faith works by believing if you believe you have love Grace or Christ in you u don't need to write it on your body.

Grace,Christ,Love is in you right? And you wanna shw it with a tattoo simply write the tattoo in you nt on you then. Can you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esdb(m): 1:33am On Oct 31, 2014
yetseyi:

Dnt accept that yet abeg I have replied her
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Esdb:
you are wrong because if christianity works by faith,faith works by believing if you believe you have love Grace or Christ in you u don't need to write it on your body.

Grace,Christ,Love is in you right? And you wanna shw it with a tattoo simply write the tattoo in you nt on you then. Can you?

You mean only by faith without a work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Havilah93(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Hope your October has been great? If not, don't be discouraged. Don't think you're not qualified for greatness, cos God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the CALLED

Have a blessed November.

www.havilah93.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JackBizzle: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
This is a pastor

Having tattoos do no matter. Doing the work of Christ and having the faith are paramount.

I don't remember Judas having tattoos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
yetseyi:

Just like money, when I use it to glory in the flesh it then becomes a sin...

Esdb:

Lemme give you this illustration...
I'm in a bus and let's say someone sees a scribbling on my skin and asks what it says. I then tell him its a verse of the Bible that says I can't be condemned because I have Christ. Through that medium I can share the Good news of Christ. Just like a means of Evangelism...

I am not forcing this on anyone, I believe in personal convictions and also cohabiting with fellow believers in unity.

If my having a tattoo will cause another to stumble, I'll just not have it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
Esdb:
Dnt accept that yet abeg I have replied her

never accepted or intend to accept the statement, just wanted to know why she thinks its not a sin.
vickyO:

I'm in a bus and let's say someone sees a scribbling on my skin and asks what it says. I then tell him its a verse of the Bible that says I can't be condemned because I have Christ. Through that medium I can share the Good news of Christ. Just like a means of Evangelism...
I am not forcing this on anyone, I believe in personal convictions and also cohabiting with fellow believers in unity.
vickyO:

OK
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
JackBizzle:
This is a pastor

Having tattoos do no matter. Doing the work of Christ and having the faith are paramount.

I don't remember Judas having tattoos

I'm not saying that tattoo is bad though.

But, does this pastor having a tattoo justifies it to being good.

Is he God?
Is he perfect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickyO(f): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

I'm not saying that tattoo is bad though.

But, does this pastor having a tattoo justifies it to being good.

Is he God?
Is he perfect?

No, his having it doesn't justify it.

He isn't perfect neither is he God.

Also sinners were able to relate with Christ because he didn't put the holier than thou attitude the religious folk of his days had on.

This is my opinion: If ex junkies and those life has taken to its dark corners come across this pastor, they'll be apt to listen to him...

To this opinion I recommend the movie: the Machine Gun Preacher...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JackBizzle: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
vickyO:

No, his having it doesn't justify it.

He isn't perfect neither is he God.

Also sinners were able to relate with Christ because he didn't put the holier than thou attitude the religious folk of his days had on.

This is my opinion: If ex junkies and those life has taken to its dark corners come across this pastor, they'll be apt to listen to him...

To this opinion I recommend the movie: the Machine Gun Preacher...

Irony; indirectly assuming that junkies associate with tattoos

Yes, you might have a point but tattoos are just a wordly craze. It shouldnt matter one way or the other.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Timmytimmy: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
I've been following for a while now and I'll like to say thank you to everyone that has contributed one way or the other.

There are many issues that the Bible isn't very clear about and I think this should be one of them. The problem usually with issues like this is that we would keep debating about them because we already have deep-seated ideologies formed by cultural upbringing and childhood training.

It's only natural because the Bible is written in words and letters, we could interprete and apply these words a thousand ways to agree with our individual opinions. BUT we aren't ambassadors of the letter because the "letter kills"!.

I think the issue of ornaments in general should be a personal doctrine. The questions that we must ask ourselves as we pursue body beautification are as follows. Is this really necessary? Does this edify my spirit? Does this glorify God? Am I doing this in accordance to the dictations of my flesh?

Christianity shouldn't be legalistic, it should be a relationship with the Holy Spirit. I know a lot of good Christians that have tattoos (eg Lecrae) but then it's between their spirit and the Holy Spirit.

Finally, I WILL not use tattoos because God is yet to lead me to see how a tattoo has glorified God in Nigeria (I'm not saying it doesn't happen).People naturally abhor it over here.So, there.....we could argue forever, we'll just keep going in circles.
GOD BLESS.

5 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by JackBizzle: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Timmytimmy:
I've been following for a while now and I'll like to say thank you to everyone that has contributed one way or the other.

There are many issues that the Bible isn't very clear about and I think this should be one of them. The problem usually with issues like this is that we would keep debating about them because we already have deep-seated ideologies formed by cultural upbringing and childhood training.

It's only natural because the Bible is written in words and letters, we could interprete and apply these words a thousand ways to agree with our individual opinions. BUT we aren't ambassadors of the letter because the "letter kills"!.

I think the issue of ornaments in general should be a personal doctrine. The questions that we must ask ourselves as we pursue body beautification are as follows. Is this really necessary? Does this edify my spirit? Does this glorify God? Am I doing this in accordance to the dictations of my flesh?

Christianity shouldn't be legalistic, it should be a relationship with the Holy Spirit. I know a lot of good Christians that have tattoos (eg Lecrae) but then it's between their spirit and the Holy Spirit.

Finally, I WILL not use tattoos because God is yet to lead me to see how a tattoo has glorified God in Nigeria (I'm not saying it doesn't happen).People naturally abhor it over here.So, there.....we could argue forever, we'll just keep going in circles.
GOD BLESS.

Nice
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esdb(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

You mean only by faith without a work?
I xpct all christians to know that
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UyiIredia(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Timmytimmy:

GOD BLESS.

Same views I have here. I don't diss on peeps with tattoos but I am NEVER going to have one. It won't suit me. Heck even an afro doesn't particularly suit me.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Esdb:
I xpct all christians to know that

LMAO! undecided

James 2:14-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your [ a ] works, and I will show you my faith by my [ b ] works.

19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” [ d ] And he was called the friend of God.

24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

BOTTOM LINE- Faith can't save without a work. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Esdb(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

LMAO! undecided

James 2:14-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your [ a ] works, and I will show you my faith by my [ b ] works.

19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?

22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” [ d ] And he was called the friend of God.

24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

BOTTOM LINE- Faith can't save without a work. smiley

As in ah!!!!! I xpct all christians to know "Faith without work is deaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HAaaaaaaaa mst I spell it out to youuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!"

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.