Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830299 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2017
richest pastors in the world and their net worth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbf1U2sFAI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:54am On Feb 06, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App.

Genesis 24:1-67

3. Pray for success in guidance

Abraham’s servant was not embarrassed to pray for success. He prayed a prayer that we can all emulate: ‘Give me success today’ (v.12). It was not a selfish prayer. It was a prayer that God would bless someone else, ‘show kindness to my master Abraham’ (v.12). He asked to be guided by God.

This is one of the most remarkable stories of God’s guidance. On Alpha, we talk about five ways in which God guides us, under the heading of ‘the five CSs’. In this passage we can see an example of all these working together and especially the fifth one, ‘Circumstantial Signs’.

Commanding Scripture
Obviously, Abraham did not have the Scriptures that we have – but he did have the commands of God that later became part of the Scriptures. God commanded his people to only marry other believers in him. Abraham told his servant he must not get a wife for his son from the Canaanites, but from his own people (vv.3–4).
Compelling Spirit
The Holy Spirit leads us as we pray. Although the words ‘Holy Spirit’ are not used in this passage, it is clear that all the participants are in a position to be guided by God, listening to him and being led by the Spirit. Abraham’s servant prayed from his heart (vv.12,45), Rebekah appeared ‘before he had finished praying’ (v.15), and when Rebekah appeared, Isaac was out in the field where he had gone to meditate (v.63).
Common Sense
The choice of Rebekah made sense. She was clearly someone who was appropriate for Isaac. It so happened that she was ‘very beautiful’ (v.16). She was also ‘a virgin; no man had ever lain with her’ (v.16). Most importantly, she was clearly generous, gracious and kind. Her immediate response to the request for water was not only to offer it, but also to say, ‘I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have finished drinking’ (v.19).
Counsel of the Saints
One of the ways in which God guides us is through godly advice (‘saints’ is used here in the New Testament sense to describe all God’s people). Although Isaac and Rebekah’s marriage was very different from the modern western marriage in that it involved a large element of arrangement, there was also an element of choice. Rebekah was asked, ‘“Will you go with this man?” “I will go,” she replied’ (v.57). Isaac chose to marry her and ‘loved her’ (v.67). They were following the counsel of the saints in the sense that everyone around, especially their parents, recognised, ‘This is from the Lord’ (v.50).
Circumstantial Signs
This is one of the clearest cases in the Bible of God guiding through circumstantial signs. The servant asks for a sign and was given exactly what he asked for (vv.12–26). However, as we have seen, the sign was not random. It was a test of Rebekah’s character, which she fulfilled.
As a result of being guided by God, not only was their meeting a great success, but more importantly, so was their marriage.

Prayer:

"Lord, I pray that you would multiply this wonderful example of successful guidance in our community and in the church generally. May there be more and more examples of couples coming together and being able to say, ‘This is from the Lord’ (v.50)."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Hey Makydebb
Sure.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
TheSlyone2:

I'm not angry hun
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hey Makydebbie,

Saw those dramas, you keep making the headline on big scene... Obviously people are hating on you for personality... Love your maturity tho
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Hey Makydebie,

Saw those dramas, you keep making the headline on big scene... Obviously people are hating on you for personality... Love your maturity tho
I don't even understand, first its IG, now its here. That berlyn thing should mind herself. Anyways I'm here shagrin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:
I don't even understand, first its IG, now its here. That berlyn thing should mind herself. Anyways I'm here shagrin
Actually, I haven't been following the section til recently. Have you both fight yourselves before?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
TUESDAY 7TH FEBRUARY,2017

NONE SHALL BE BARREN

MEMORISE

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD. Psalms 113:9

READ:
Exodus 23:24-26
24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

25 And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

Luke 23-24 & Isaiah 32:9-33:9

Contrary to what the world would have you believe, you are a creation of the Almighty God. You were put here on earth to fulfil a divine purpose, and part of that purpose is multiplication. When God created you, He gave you a mandate, and He equally endowed you to fulfil this mandate (Genesis 1:28). You need to therefore
understand that no demon, power, principality or even medical practitioner can say that there is no solution to the challenges you are facing. The only person permitted to have the final say over your situation is the Almighty God, and this is what He says about you in Exodus 23:26: "There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil."
Have you been tagged barren by this world? I want to assure you that your situation is not hopeless. The same God who remembered Rachael will surely remember you and remove every reproach in your life in Jesus’ Name (Genesis 30:22). While Rachael trusted God for the fruit of the womb, the world despised her, her sister disdained her and her husband gave up on her; but
by the time the Lord decided to repay her for the many years she had been under ridicule, her testimony exceeded that of those who had written her off.
I pity those who consult diviners in their search for children. God’s stance on this is very clear: "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son
or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer." Deuteronomy 18:10-11
Every child that is gotten through the help of diviners will not give you joy. Submit to what God only can give. Do not run faster than your shadow. At God’s appointed time and season, your song will change. As the Lord remembered Rachael He will surely remember you. Every reproach, sorrow, humiliation and secret cry of yours shall be brought to an end this month in Jesus’ Name. All you need to do is to worship the One who can do what doctors’ say is impossible. Every husband who has been praying silently for his wife shall rejoice this season in Jesus’ Name. Every family needs to unite together in prayer to wage war against those things that are not part of God’s promise for your destiny. Have
you lost so many years while waiting in expectation? Know that there is a God of redemption, and that the lost years of your life can be redeemed. The promises of God’s restoration will come to pass in your life in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:
Father, I command that every seed of barrenness in me withers away now in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 4:
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
all will be well.
Free and changeless is his favour,
all, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
perfect is the grace that sealed us,
strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
all must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
all will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
all, all is well.
Happy, still in God confiding,
fruitful, if in Christ abiding,
holy, through the Spirit’s guiding,
all must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow,
all will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
'All, all is well.'
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
in our living, in our dying,
all must be well.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
makydebbie:

Although , I don't know the genesis of the issue but i want to beg both of you to settle the matter amicably. Remember, the scriptures say , we should put allowance for each other's fault.
Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by luvmijeje(f): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2017
Hello all... .. .. .. . Please kindly help me in knowing the name of the moderator in this section.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
Understanding The Synoptic Gospels

A lot of us approach the New Testament unlike we approach the Old. We approach the Old Testament with the attitude of, ‘it was written to them for us’ which is correct and the New Testament with the attitude of ‘it was written to us for us’ which is wrong. We can’t get much out of the New Testament with such approach. It is therefore good that we have a background understanding of the world which includes people, history, ideologies, geographical location and systems that made up the New Testament to be able to interpret it properly. I hope this little study will aid your understanding.

There were important developments which formed the political, religious and cultural background of the New Testament. The political history of that time falls into several periods of governmental dominion by foreign powers and it is therefore essential that we gain knowledge of these developments to accurately understand the New Testament.

The Political History: In 332B.C, the Persians governed the Jews from the time of the return of the Babylonian captivity having triumphed over the Babylonian Empire.

In 301 BC, the Grecians brought the Jews under domination with the conquest of the Persians by Alexander the great. This then opened up Palestine, the dwelling place of the Jews to the effects of Greek culture (hellenization). The Greek language became generally accepted and was the common tongue among that world at large.

In 63 B.C, Rome conquered Palestine and ruled the land by procurators or rulers such as Herodias. During the Roman period, great power was concentrated in the hands of the high priest who for all practical purposes was the political leader of the Jews.

‘‘And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that the entire world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David smiley To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. Luke 2:1-6

‘‘IN THE fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar’s reign--when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene--In the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the Word of God [concerning the attainment through Christ of salvation in the kingdom of God] came to John son of Zachariah in the wilderness (desert).’’ Luke 3:1-2

At the time of the birth of Jesus Christ, God's Providence had prepared the world for His coming, and this was the fittest time in all its history: the entire civilized world was subject to one government, and was at peace, travelling was easy, and there was a common language: the news about the message of his death and resurrection could spread quickly through the vast Roman Empire. The world including the Israelites was under the influence of the Roman Empire, which took over the lands by military campaigns, and was the world power at that time due to its conquest.

In that time, was Herod king over the Province of Galilee and....

Follow the link to continue: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2017/02/understanding-synoptic-gospels-pt1.html
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
WEDNESDAY 8TH FEBRUARY,2017

ANOTHER CHANCE

MEMORISE:
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. John 8:11

READ:
John 8:1-11

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 1-3 & Isaiah 33:10-24

While it is very sweet and pleasant to be given another chance in life, in the face of resignation to doom and hopelessness, making the most of the opportunity presented by such a privilege is of greater importance. A classical example of someone who enjoyed another chance at life is the woman caught in the act of sexual
immorality in today’s Bible reading. Just when her life would have been taken away from her, God gave her another chance. Under the Mosaic Law, for her sin of adultery, she should have paid the supreme price of death through stoning. The scribes and Pharisees arrested and brought her to Jesus Christ for condemnation, but because He came to rescue and save the lost, he gave her another chance to live. The mercy of God that smiled on this woman on that fateful day caused her to be brought to the Saviour of life and not to the taker of it. After throwing a poser to her accusers which rocked the foundation of their souls
and caused them to abandon their mission to take a life they did not create, Jesus in John 8:10 turned to this woman and asked her, "….Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?" "No man, Lord", she replied. Praise God for the verdict of Jesus which gave her another chance: "….. Neither do I condemned thee: go, and sin no more." John 8:11
To someone reading this Devotional, Jesus Christ is saying to you today that though your family, your friends, your church, your government or the world many have condemned and written you off, He has not condemned you. He says to you, "Receive my
forgiveness but go and sin no more" . Thank God for His mercies. His mercy is so great that even the thief on the right side of the cross was given another chance (Luke 23:40-43)! This is the wonder of the cross. Beloved, you can be a partaker of the second chance that Jesus offers. Probably you are reading this in the prison yard, and you have been condemned to die. Do what that thief did – acknowledge your sins, repent of them, and accept Jesus Christ as the Righteous One who died for the unrighteous like you. Plead for God’s mercy and believe you have received it through Jesus Christ. I assure you that the door of a second chance is opened to you. Seize it, celebrate it and thank God for it. You are now saved by grace. Hallelujah!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, forgive me for my past misdeeds. Give me another chance to live my life for You.

HYMN 11:
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me,
I still will follow;
Though none go with me,
I still will follow;
Though none go with me,
I still will follow;

3. My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus;

4. The world behind me,
The cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me,
The cross before me;
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:54am On Feb 08, 2017

How to Fight Fear

At one level, fear is healthy. ‘Fear’ is an emotion induced by a perceived threat. It is a natural human emotion. It is God-given. It is a basic survival mechanism. It keeps us alive. It protects us from danger.

However, there is also such a thing as unhealthy fear. The Greek word commonly used in the New Testament is phobos – from which we get the word ‘phobia’. This is unhealthy fear. It is disproportionate to the danger posed. It is ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’. It is when I catastrophise – overestimating the danger and underestimating my ability to cope.

Common phobias include fears in relation to health, finances, failure, growing old, death, loneliness, rejection, messing up, public speaking, flying, heights, snakes and spiders. They also include things such as, what is now called, FOMO – the fear of missing out, the fear of not being special.

In my own life I have experienced many fears – from a fear of heights to panic attacks and other irrational fears, fears about preaching and a fear of doing anything that might bring dishonour to the name of Jesus.

Whereas the Spirit of God does not produce negative fear, there is a kind of healthy fear – the fear of God. This does not mean being frightened of God. In fact, it means the opposite. It is an understanding of who God is in relation to us. It means respect, reverence, awe, honour, adoration and worship; and it could even be translated as love for God. It recognises the power, majesty and holiness of God Almighty. It leads to a healthy respect of God and is the antidote to all other fears and phobias we experience in life. Fear God and you need not fear anything else or anyone else.

It is no coincidence that as the fear of God has decreased in our society, all the other fears have increased. We need to return to a right relationship with God.

The expression ‘do not be afraid’ is one of the most frequent commands in the Bible. Four of the occurrences are in our passages for today.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dBeinning(m): 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
Anger is one of the many emotions we experience as humans. Anger could be good or bad depending on how we choose to express it. Anger is a feeling and feelings are put there by God, but you know that every thing God have created can be abused; so it is with anger, it could be channeled for good or for bad.

Anger have to be instigated from an external source before compelling you from within to retaliate. This eternal sources are everywhere, ranging from your closest friends to what we see on the news.

~for more~
http://hispresencetoday..com.ng/2016/11/learn-to-have-power-over-anger.html
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Winzzyboi(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
dBeinning:
Anger is one of the many emotions we experience as humans. Anger could be good or bad depending on how we choose to express it. Anger is a feeling and feelings are put there by God, but you know that every thing God have created can be abused; so it is with anger, it could be channeled for good or for bad.

Anger have to be instigated from an external source before compelling you from within to retaliate. This eternal sources are everywhere, ranging from your closest friends to what we see on the news.

~for more~
http://hispresencetoday..com.ng/2016/11/learn-to-have-power-over-anger.html

God bless this author
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
THURSDAY 9TH FEBRUARY,2017
A KING UNDER THE KING
MEMORISE:
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:6
READ:
2 Samuel 6:20-23
20 Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I
play before the Lord.
22 And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 4-5 & Isaiah 34:1-14
The patronage a brand enjoys and the loyalty of its customers is determined by the reputation of its manufacturer. This applies also to children of God. Whose brand are you? Who is your manufacturer? What reputation and goodwill does your manufacturer enjoy in the market place? For how long have you been in the market? What adverse market conditions have you
overcome? What are your strategic selling points? I am excited to declare that I am a child of the Most High God. The Almighty God, who is the Maker of the heavens and the earth, is my Creator.
There was no fault in my design because I was fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. My father’s reputation is staked on the fact that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is the oldest and yet the newest. Through Him, I have overcome defeat in every aspect of life. Sickness cannot have me. Poverty cannot come near me. Failure is far from me.
Stagnation is not in my destiny. Barrenness is alien to me and I have no appointment with destruction. My selling point is that I have the joy of the Lord because I am a child of God! As a child of God, you are not to run from problems; problems should be running from you. As a child of God, you have been created to be a terror to the kingdom of darkness. There should never be a report of you being terrorised by anything. Although Goliath had been terrorising the children of God for a long time, when a king under the king got there, his threat came to an end (1 Samuel 17:3-51). Today, I prophesy into your life that every Goliath in your home, finances, ministry, business and career shall be brought down in Jesus’ Name. As a king, you are expected to command every negative situation out of your life. These situations have ears and they can hear you. That impossible situation is awaiting your command. Jeremiah 1:9-10 says, "Then the Lord put forth his hand and touched my mouth and the Lord said unto me; behold I have put my words in thy mouth, see I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, toroot out and to pull down and to destroy, and to throw down, to build and to plant."
One of my beloved sons who has gone to be with the Lord, would always say that you should not complain about what you permit. So if there is anything you are complaining about, it is because you have permitted the devil for too long. Command him to pack his bags out of your family, out of your body and out of your business. Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits.
KEY POINT:
If you don’t know who you are, you will not know your authority.
HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised,
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.
2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking,
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:13am On Feb 09, 2017

Proverbs 1:20-33

1. No fear of harm

This passage gives you the key to avoiding ‘terror and panic’ (v.26, AMP) and living ‘without fear or dread of evil’ (v.33, AMP).

The idea of the ‘Fear of the Lord’ is one of the key themes of Proverbs and appears twenty-one times throughout the book. It is a choice that you make. If you are wise, you will ‘choose to fear the Lord’ (v.29) and ‘listen’ to him. He promises that you ‘will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm’ (v.33).

Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (v.20). As we read it through the lens of the New Testament, we know that it is Jesus who is ‘the wisdom of God’ (1 Corinthians 1:24).

This passage (Proverbs 1:20–32) is a warning against ignoring the Lord’s voice and following a path of ‘waywardness’ and ‘complacency’ (v.32).

Instead, choose to fear God, listen to him and repent when he corrects you. If you do, God will reveal to you more than you could ever imagine. ‘I [Wisdom] will pour out my spirit upon you, I will make my words known to you’ (v.23a, AMP). He will reveal to you the hidden treasures of wisdom in his words. Choose this fear of God and you will be ‘in good hands’ (v.33, MSG) and can be free from the fear of harm.

Prayer:

"Lord, I choose to fear you – to live a life in reverence and awe of your power, majesty and holiness. Help me to live life fearing you alone."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: FRIDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2017

THEME: FAITHFUL STEWARD

Memorise:
Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
1 Corinthians 4:2

Read: Luke 12:42-48
12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Faithfulness is a basic requirement for those who want to succeed in their dealings with God. For those who desire to be great, relevant and effective in life and ministry, there is no other way around it. Today, the Church in my opinion is not in short supply of Christian workers; rather, faithful workers are scarce. God
blesses beyond measure, all those who exhibit faithfulness in His service. I have always told my children in ministry that when a man of God does the work of God the way it should be done, what he or she will eat would not be a prayer point. This is because
God is committed to those who are faithful in His business. He gave us this guarantee in Hebrew 6:10:
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister." God is looking for men and women who are faithful stewards of all He has committed to their hands. You should be faithful in the handling of finances and not allow your heart be consumed by the love of money. Faithfulness is also required in the way you use
your authority. You should be faithful in your service to God and in your service to humanity. You should be faithful in how you manage other people’s time, because time is life. Stewardship is a trust that must not be abused. You should always remember that you will give account of all that God has entrusted to you. You
should take the business of the kingdom seriously and not be complacent in your approach to life. You have to be steadfast and diligent in whatever assignment you are given. Diligence is a key that gives you access to people in high places (Proverbs 22:29).
As a faithful steward in the vineyard, you have to be focused on your own mandate and never use another man as a parameter to evaluate your life (2 Corinthians 10:12). To be focused is to have a target and to work towards actualising it to the glory of God, being conscious of the fact that God’s business requires urgency. Jesus made this clear in John 9:4: "I will work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the
night cometh, when no man can work." All the gifts, talents and potential that you have been given by
God are expected to be deployed for His glory. It is my prayer that as you discern, develop and deploy all that He has committed into your hands, you will not be found wanting in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, by Your mercy, let me not receive condemnation on the day of reward.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 6
Isaiah 34:15-36:3
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: SATURDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2017
THEME: SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS
Memorise:
And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. Ezekiel 34:26
Read: Joel 2:21-27
2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.
2:22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
When God created the world, He put some natural principles in place which can guarantee a measure of blessing. However, noblessing can stand the test of time apart from those made accessible by the Almighty God. The psalmist understood this truth, and hence he declared that only the Ultimate Shepherd can
take you to green pastures (Psalm 23:2). Only the blessings of the Almighty God can give you the kind of peace that knows no trouble. When God pours His showers of blessings upon your life, the door of blessings will forever remain opened to you. The
shower of blessings from the Lord is the starting point of a life of tremendous progress. You will suddenly realise that what others are finding difficult to achieve becomes very easy for you. You will also discover that what others complain about becomes what you rejoice over. The wind of the Holy Spirit is the source of God’s
blessings. On the day of Pentecost, when the wind of the Holy Spirit blew, the church suddenly grew by 3000 members (Acts 2:1-41). When the Lord decides to pour His blessings in your direction: the debtor of yesterday becomes a lender to nations today, the negative medical report of yesterday becomes the testimony of today, and the sack letter of yesterday becomes the promotion letter of today. A while ago, one of my sons was sacked
from his place of work without any reason. As he worshipped with us at our monthly Holy Ghost Service, there was a word of knowledge sent from God saying that someone was going through some trouble but that those responsible for this trouble would die. The following week, word came to him that his father had
passed on. On the actual day of his father's burial, he received a letter from the organisation that sacked him, asking him to return, and that he had been promoted. When the showers of blessings come upon your life, whatever the enemies have concluded concerning you becomes invalid by the powers of the spoken
word from God. I speak to the life of someone reading this devotional that your time of weeping has come to an end in Jesus’ Name. Those who truly love God are always carriers of His blessings. Do everything possible to stay in God. Stick with Him all of your days.
Let Him continue to direct you to where your life can remain fresh. Let His word fill your heart in every situation. Never let go of God, and you will practically see Him taking you out the shallow waters into showers of blessings. Are you experiencing dryness in your spiritual life, finances, marriage, career, business or ministry? God's showers of blessings will begin to flow in your direction in Jesus' Name.
Prayer Point:
Father, Grant me a blessing that will settle my finances for life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jn 7-8
Isa 36
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:00am On Feb 11, 2017

Matthew 10:1-31

2. No fear of people

Three times in this passage Jesus says, ‘Do not be afraid’ (vv.26,28,31).

The context is Jesus sending out his disciples to preach the gospel and heal the sick. The moment Jesus calls his twelve disciples, he sends them out on mission (theological training should be intensely practical!).

He sends them (and us) to follow his example:

To proclaim: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near (v.7)
To demonstrate: ‘Heal the sick’ (v.8 )
As Jesus sends them out he warns them that they will face a lot of opposition: ‘I am sending you out like sheep among wolves’ (10:16a). They will need pure wisdom (‘be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves’, v.16b).

They will be opposed by ‘local councils’ (v.17), face hatred (v.22), be persecuted (v.23) and be called demonic (v.25). It is in this context that Jesus says three times, ‘Do not be afraid’ (vv.26,28,31).

Do not be afraid about what to say
First, he says, ‘Do not be afraid of them’ (v.26). You do not need to be afraid of other people, however powerful they may be (for example local councils, governors and kings, vv.17–18): ‘Without knowing it, they’ve done you – and me – a favour, giving you a platform for preaching the kingdom news! And don’t worry about what you’ll say or how you’ll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words’ (vv.17–18, MSG).
Do not be afraid of what others will do to you
Second, rather than fearing those who can ‘kill the body but cannot kill the soul’, fear God, ‘who can destroy both soul and body in hell’ (v.28). Have a healthy respect for an all-powerful, as well as all-loving God. ‘Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life – body and soul – in his hands’ (v.28, MSG).
Do not be afraid of what will happen to you
Third, he says that if you fear God you need fear no one and nothing else. God is in ultimate control: ‘Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father’ (v.29). Not only is he in control but he also loves you deeply: ‘Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, then; you are of more value than many sparrows’ (vv.30–31, AMP). God cares what happens to you even more than you do (v.30, MSG).

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you that you tell me that I do not need to be afraid. Thank you that you value and love me so much. Help me to know your love, to trust in you and not to be afraid."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Hfd
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vickson4love: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
open heavens daily devotional www.openheavens.com.ng
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOK
TOPIC: THE SECRETS OF THE LORD
DATE: Sunday February 12th 2017
Memorise: The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Psalm 25:14

Read: Genesis 18:17-19 (KJV)
17 And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Bible in one year: John 9-10, Isaiah 36:21-37:13,

What a great honour it is for God to positively testify of you while you are still alive! This is worth more than gold! Job and Abraham were two men who received this honour because they feared God ( Job 1:8, Genesis 18:19). Those who walk in the fear of God have nothing to fear in life, because the fear of God grants them access to His secrets. To fear God is not only to obey Him, but to ensure that everything in our sphere of influence obeys God. There are some fathers who pleased to serve God but are not bothered about their children’s lack of interest in God. Abraham did not only fear God, he also ensured that his entire household walked in God’s ways. No wonder God blessed him mightily. Abraham and his household were not only blessed, they became a channel of blessings to others. Today, we still make reference to the Abrahamic blessings. You are truly blessed when you receive blessings that no curse can negate. When you walk in the fear of the Lord, not only will your efforts be crowned with great blessings, lost opportunities will also become recovered, and your life becomes the headquarters of blessings through which millions of lives are positively impacted. Those who make up their mind to fear God, no matter the circumstances, can never be forsaken, even when it seems all hope is lost; God will always show up for them to reassure them of His faithfulness. The fear of the Lord gives God’s children access to divine direction and divine security.
God is the only One to be feared, for He alone is eternal ( Matthew 10:28). There are those I see who fear their bosses but don’t fear God. If you say you don’t fear your boss, why do you still allow him make inappropriate advances towards you? Is it not because you fear losing your job? Can’t you see that it is foolishness not to remember that both your boss and your job are in the hands of God? Some people fear what will happen to them, and hence, they continue to live their life with a man who is legally married to another woman. Can’t you see that you are just postponing the evil day? You better make amends so that the peace of God can return to your life. Anyone threatening you has limited powers, but God, who is to be feared, has unlimited power. When you keep a distance from all that God hates, His secrets will be made available to you. If you fear God, it will reflect in where you take counsel from, those you partner with, and even how you appear in public. If you fear Him, you will always do those things that make Him happy. Joseph feared the Lord and he made up his mind not to “do a great wickedness, and sin against God” ( Genesis 39:9 ). Although that decision landed him in prison, the prison was the secret of his access to the throne.

Key Point
Everything you give up for God is a give-away for the ultimate.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL... DATE: MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2017 THEME: THE GOD OF ALL IMPOSSIBLITIES Memorise: For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37 Read: Genesis 18:1-15 18:1 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 18:4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 18:6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. 18:9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 18:10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 18:13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. MESSAGE: The awesomeness of God is made manifest in situations that are tagged impossible. Our God likes to get involved in such cases so that they serve as reference points to those who have doubts in their hearts about Him. What is that impossible situation you are confronted with? God can use it to demonstrate to the world that there is no situation, no matter how bad, that He cannot reverse. In today’s Bible reading, the three men who came on a visit to Abraham and Sarah were on a mission to remind them that God is a God of plan and purpose. Have you been waiting a long time for that precious promise of God to come to pass? I have good news for you: your season of divine visitation has come in Jesus’ Name. Abraham and Sarah had given up and were no longer optimistic about the promise of a child to them. Sarah could not help laughing when she heard that time and life would be restored to her, because she knew her age and the deadness of her womb. Her scepticism made the Lord ask “Is anything too hard for the Lord?” Are you looking at the doctor’s professional report concerning your case? I want to let you know that the report of the Lord will override every negative report concerning you in Jesus’ Name. Lazarus was dead and was already buried for four days (John 11:39). Nobody wanted to get close to his tomb because he was already stinking; yet the Lord went to that hopeless situation and reversed the irreversible. The Lord decided to take His time before going to Mary and Martha, in order to convince the whole world that even though people may have given up on you, He is always there to demonstrate to them that they are not your creator. There is nothing that the redemption paid for by Christ cannot take care of. Are you struggling with poverty, or are you getting in and out of hospital beds? Have you been labelled a permanent failure or been told nothing good can come out of your life? Know that there is a God in heaven who works wonders among men. If He sees that your natural season is over, He then reminds the world that “He changes times and seasons” (Daniel 2:21a). If He realises there are powerful forces contenting with your life, He lets them know that "He removeth kings, and setteth up kings" (Daniel 2:21b). If the world says you are no longer relevant in the scheme of things, He tells them that "He giveth wisdom to the wise and knowledge to them that know understanding" (Daniel 2:21c). With these assurances, you should thank God and praise Him all your life, knowing that your desires will come to pass. There shall be expedited reversal of every negative circumstance in your life today in Jesus’ Name. Key Point: There is no impossibility with God.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:51am On Feb 13, 2017

Genesis 25:1-26:35

3. No fear of death

Life is never easy. It was not easy for Isaac. Among other difficulties, he waited twenty years for the birth of a child (25:20–26). Then there was sibling rivalry when the twins were born. He lived amongst hostile Philistines and one of his sons became a ‘source of grief’ (26:35), ‘thorns in the side of Isaac and Rebekah’ (v.35, MSG).

Isaac committed the very same sin as his father – trying to pass off his wife as his sister (vv.7–11). However, it seems that Isaac did learn from some of his father’s mistakes. When Rebekah was unable to have a baby – unlike Abraham’s disastrous attempt to solve things himself through his relationship with Hagar – Isaac’s response was to pray to God for a miracle (25:21).

The Lord had appeared to Isaac and promised, ‘I will be with you and will bless you... Through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed’ (26:3–4).

Nevertheless, Isaac was afraid. He feared that he might die: ‘The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful… I thought I might lose my life on account of her’ (vv.7,9b).

When Abimelech saw Isaac ‘caressing his wife Rebekah’, he said, ‘She is really your wife! Why did you say, “She is my sister”?’ (vv.8–9a). Isaac replied: ‘because’ (v.9b).

God said to Isaac, ‘Do not be afraid, for I am with you’ (v.24). Isaac feared people more than he feared God, and yet he is reminded that he need not fear others because God is with him. Remember the same truth when you are tempted to fear: God is with you. If God is with you, you need not be afraid of anyone or anything.

In spite of Isaac’s fear of others, God blessed him. God says, ‘I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants…’ (v.24). God’s blessing meant growth, reaping many times over. This is what he wants for your life too.

‘Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham, which the Philistines had stopped up’ (v.18). (Perhaps the equivalent for us is to reopen the churches to be a source of living water!) When Isaac met opposition and was stopped, he moved on until he found another well he could reopen. In this way, the Lord gave him room to flourish (v.22).

None of this is easy, but remember what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid, for I am with you’ (v.24).

Prayer:

"Lord, thank for your promise to be with me. Thank you that you tell me over and over again that if I fear you, I do not need to be afraid of anything or anyone else."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Fatherherokay(m): 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2017
9 Important Things To Do When Things Are Falling Apart In Your Life (Episode 1)

Call it a challenge and tell yourself it won’t last forever: yes, things are quite falling apart now, pick yourself up, and call it a challenge, instead of wallowing in it or calling it a problem that will destroy your life. Every man is predisposed to facing his/her own period trial.; that is inevitable. Even out every moon, there is sometimes a blood moon. Life is not a bed of rose. It will always be thick sometimes though. It is the period that will mold and make you a better man (that is if you pass through and come out of it positively). So stay positive, be optimistic and don’t look for people’s pity.

Settle and calm your spirit: This is very vital because you can never use a turbulence mind to solve a turbulence situation. Also you cannot use an unsettled mind to figure out solution to a falling apart situation. This is the more reason why you need to be calm. Have you seen a blurred eye that sees a clear vision? Absolutely No! And that is why a pair of glasses is recommended for clearer vision. The same principles apply to a troubled mind too. If a corrective measure is not taken, you may never see clearly ways to put things back to order.

Listen not to naysayer and discourager: Give no hear to any advisers that comes your way with negative advices. When I say naysayers, I mean people that will come to criticize and castigate your flaws. They will always emphasize and remind you of your mistakes. They will tell you to give up. They will design a mirror of fate for you; telling you to look at it and accept it. Yea, it may be your fate, but the fate doesn’t have to end in defeat. The outcome of the http://www.ishopealive.com/2017/02/topic-117-9-important-things-to-do-when.html
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Date: Tuesday February 14th 2017

TOPIC- PRACTICAL SALVATION

Memorise: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2nd Corinthians 5:17

Read: Luke 3:3-14 (KJV)
3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
10 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?
11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.
12 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?
13 And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.
14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Bible in one year: John 12-13, Isaiah 37:28-38:3,

In today’s Bible reading, we gain insight into what it means practically to be saved. To be saved means to repent from your dead works and to be alive unto Christ in righteousness. Practical salvation is making your ways right with God without any reservation. When you are genuinely saved, everyone around you will see it. It cannot be hidden because you will no longer be comfortable in the midst of your sinful former friends. Practical salvation is impacting the lives around you by demonstrating the love of Christ through giving. I always tell people that whatever you give away may leave your hands but it will never leave your life. There is no other way to show the world the true nature of Christ without identifying with the challenges of people. Jesus was compassionate towards all those He met who were in need. How can you claim to be a Christian when you live in affluence but do not bother about what happens to the man beside you?
“And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
Ephesians 4:24
Practical salvation involves putting off our old Adamic nature and manifesting the divine nature of Christ. We receive this divine nature, referred to as the new man, through repentance from our old ways and having faith in Christ’s work of salvation. The character of this new man says “Let him that stole steal no more” (Ephesians 4:28). It also uproots every root of bitterness, anger, wrath, envy, hatred and the likes out of your life. When you put on the new man, you will be ready to put right all that have gone wrong in your life, through the grace of the Almighty God. If something belonging to your organisation or the government has been taken by you without being given, practical salvation demands that you return it. If you have been working with a forged certificate and you now say you are born again, you have to let go of this pretence and amend your ways. Several years ago, before I met the Lord, I was a school teacher and I needed to take care of one of my visitors. This need made me take a bed from the school dormitory. However, after my visitor left, I still held on to the bed. Seven years after this happened, I gave my life to Christ and I noticed that this bed was still in my house. I lost my peace immediately because there was a new spirit in me. To practically demonstrate my salvation, I had to pay double for the bed because the Jesus living in me would not allow me return a used bed after seven years of holding unto it.

Key Point
When you are saved, your neighbours will know.

Author Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2017 THEME: LIVING WITHIN THE DIVINE WILL Memorise: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10 Read: Matthew 26:37-42 (KJV) 37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. 38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. 39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. 40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. 42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. MESSAGE: Until you get to the point of conviction where you accept the fact that you can never have anything better than what God has for you, life will remain a struggle. There are many people struggling to find their place in life, but as a child of God you were not created to live by chance. You were designed by God to walk in His blueprint for your life, and so anything less than what God intends for you should be rejected. Living within the divine will means having an understanding of God’s plan for you in every area of your life. The will of God is always higher and greater than the will of man. His thoughts are directed towards our peace and fulfilment in this world (Jeremiah 29:11). This is why it is necessary to discern and hear what God is saying about the present phase of your life. There are people who are in the wrong job. No matter how much they work, they can never be successful because they are struggling with what God has not wired them for. Some people are in the wrong location, while some others are in relationships that drive away the presence of God from them. Do you know that there are people you meet in life who negatively impact your destiny? There are even some people you meet, and after they are gone out of your life, you find yourself drained, because all they did was use you. God’s will is to increase you and not to use you. However, you have to wait upon the Lord and never outrun Him because He is the one leading you. Examples abound in the Scripture of those who struggled with the will of God for their lives before they understood what God would have them do. Moses thought he was doing the right thing when he killed an Egyptian, since he was born for the purpose of delivering the children of Israel from the hands of their Egyptian oppressors (Exodus 2:11-12). However, he walked outside the will of God by taking action at the wrong time and also by using the wrong approach. Jacob was also aware of God’s plan for him to be greater than his elder brother, but he devised a crooked method of obtaining the covenant blessing from his father. Consequently, he had no rest until he learnt to surrender to God. Have faith in God that you will become what He wants you to become; not by folding your hands and doing nothing, by being diligent in your walk of faith. What is not enough today will be more than enough tomorrow through God’s help. Remember the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning (Job 42:12). Learn to wait. He who waits never loses, but he who is hasty never gains. Seek God’s face, and ask Him for the needed grace to run the race. God places a high premium on his children who are ready to align their words, actions, thoughts and decisions with the standards of Heaven. Prayer Point: Father, grant me grace to patiently wait and work towards actualising Your will for my life. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 14-15 and Isaiah 38:4-19 AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:56am On Feb 15, 2017

Three Keys to Accelerating

A few years ago, Pippa and I were asked to speak at a conference in Somerset, southwest England. The journey from London should have taken about three hours. However, it was a really hot day and ahead of us a hay wagon had caught fire and spilled its load across the motorway, which had melted as a result. We were stuck, almost stationary, for five hours. It was such a relief when, finally, it was time to accelerate.

There are times in our own personal lives, church life and ministry when it feels like we are stuck and unable to move at any pace. At other times, openings begin to appear and it is ‘time to accelerate’.

Apparently, Formula 1 racing drivers have to be exceptionally fit and physically strong because of the forces exerted on their bodies during the race. In our passages for today, we see three keys to an acceleration that is both exciting and challenging.

Psalm 9:1-6

1. Expect opposition

Psalm 9:1–6; Matthew 10:32–36

Acceleration may lead to increased opposition. The higher the profile you have, the more criticism you can expect. God’s people have always faced opposition. David faced many ‘enemies’ (Psalm 9:3–6). Opposition and enmity is extremely painful and difficult. However, in Christ you are promised that ultimately you will overcome.

We see a foretaste of this in the psalm for today. David praises God for the victory: ‘I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. My enemies turn back…’ (vv.1–3).

We all live in a hostile world. Jesus warned, ‘Don’t think I’ve come to make life cosy’ (Matthew 10:34, MSG). Jesus is saying, ‘don’t be surprised by opposition.’ Be peacemakers (5:9,38–48). You are called to break the cycle of retaliation. Nevertheless, opposition may come even from those who are very close to you (10:34–36).

Millions of followers of Jesus around the world are facing physical persecution today simply because of what they believe. Some face opposition, repression and discrimination from governments at a national or local level.

You may not face opposition like this in your life, but you should expect some opposition – whether from a hostile media, friends and family who do not understand your faith, or work colleagues who disagree with what you stand for.

Prayer:

"Lord, in the face of opposition, I will praise you with all my heart. I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you (Psalm 9:1–2a)."

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.