Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,958 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (827714 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE FRIDAY 3rd MARCH,2017
DIFFERENT RESPONSES TO GOD
MEMORISE: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
READ: John 3:16-17 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 30:31 and Isaiah 49:8-23
MESSAGE: Our Heavenly Father expects us all to grow in our Christian faith (2 Peter 3:18). If you refuse to grow, you may end up keeping God in an endless state of waiting for you to grow. Unfortunately, while God waits for you to grow, you may end up losing certain crucial things to others who grow up faster. For how long will you remain a babe? How long do you expect God to wait for you? Keeping God waiting can definitely affect His original plan for the life of some of His children. The night is far spent, and the Lord’s return is around the corner; therefore we cannot afford to slow down the growth process. Your level of maturity determines the level of relationship you have with God, and in turn, the level of your relationship determines the communication channels that are open to you from heaven (Numbers 12:6-cool. It also determines your understanding of and response to God’s word. As a result of this, you can expect different responses to the same word from God by different children of God. Take for instance, if you tell three Christians at different maturity levels that God loves them, they will see it in different ways. When a baby Christian hears “God loves you” he will rejoice because this reminds him of his triumphant state. He will remember Romans 8:37 which says, “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” When you tell an adult Christian “God loves you”, he will inquisitively ask why you are saying this to him, because this reminds him of responsibility: for whosoever the Father loves, he chastises (Hebrew 12:6). On the other hand, when you tell a bone- cracking Christian “God loves you”, he will be a lot more apprehensive. He will say “Amen; may God have mercy.” He is saying this because it reminds him of sacrifice: for whosoever the Father loves, He sacrifices (Genesis 22:2, Ephesians 5:2). God the Father was so pleased with Jesus that He sacrificed Him to redeem the world (John 3:16). When God wanted to prove to the world that there was no God above Him, what did He do? He sent His outstanding sons, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, into fire. When He wanted to show His supremacy over lions, what did He do? He allowed His loved Daniel to go into the lion’s den. How will you respond now when I say to you that God loves you? Can God trust you enough to send you to tough assignments that will bring honour and praise to His Name?
ACTION POINT: God can be patient, but not to the detriment of His timetable. Wherever you need to say “yes” to God, do it now.
HYMN 6: 1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus Daily let me go; Higher, higher in the school of wisdom, More of grace to know.
Chorus: O deeper yet, I pray, And higher every day, And wiser, blessed Lord, In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit, Take me deeper still, Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus, And His perfect will. Chorus:
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials, Deeper let me go! Rooted in the holy love of Jesus, Let me fruitful grow. Chorus:
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus, Till all conflict past, Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image Perfected at last. Chorus:
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus, Holy faith and true; In His pow'r and soul exulting wisdom Let me peace pursue. Chorus.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
SATURDAY 4th MARCH,2017
IS JESUS IN YOUR BOAT?
MEMORISE: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
READ: Matthew 8:23-27, Psalm 37:3-5
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 32-33 and Isaiah 49:24-50:11
MESSAGE: Have you ever been on a journey and the opposition against your progress was so intense that you felt you would never get to your destination? If your answer is yes, then know that you are not alone. Life is like embarking on a journey to a destination. Every trip has its obstacles and hurdles. While on a journey, the disciples of Jesus once found themselves in this kind of tough situation. It was so bad that they felt their boat was going to sink. In fact, water was already entering their boat, and going by all they saw, it appeared nothing could be done. If you are facing a similar situation today, simply make this confession to yourself: my boat cannot sink, I shall reach my goal and nothing can stop my trip! Why will my boat not sink? The reason is because Jesus Christ is in the boat of my life. Nobody and nothing can “swallow the ship where lies the Master of ocean and earth and skies”, a song-writer declared. The greatest mistake you can make is to embark on a journey without Jesus in your boat. It is important to note here that you should have Jesus Christ in the boat of your life, which you can do by receiving Him as your Lord and personal Saviour. In addition to this, you should also have Him in the boat of your endeavours. Do you know that if Jesus is in the boat of your life but not in the boat of your personal endeavours, these projects or plans can sink? Many believers today take it for granted that because they are saved, automatically they will scale through any rough waters, including projects in which they never involved the Lord. This is not faith but presumption. If you are a believer in Christ and you go ahead to start a business, a home or a career without God’s involvement, you are on your own. This is why the memory verse of today says you should trust God and not depend on your own limited understanding. Even when Jesus appears to be asleep in your boat, as long as He is in your boat, He is still in control. Hence Psalm 121:4 says, “Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Is God silent over your situation? Does it appear that He is unaware of what you are going through? Do you feel abandoned by God or even doubt whether He really loves you? Be comforted! God still loves you. He cares so much for you. He empathises with you in that present situation you are faced with, and He will surely make a way for you. In spite of how you feel, God is still in control. In spite of how distant God appears to be, God is right in the middle of your situation to bring you out. It does not matter what is happening around you, the Lord is in control. Very soon, you will testify of His intervention.
KEY POINT: Any Faith you exercise that is full of hope and great expectations but puts Jesus at the back burner is presumption and not faith.
HYMN 4: 1 Through the love of God our Saviour, all will be well. Free and changeless is his favour, all, all is well. Precious is the blood that healed us, perfect is the grace that sealed us, strong the hand stretched forth to shield us, all must be well.
2 Though we pass through tribulation, all will be well. Ours is such a full salvation, all, all is well. Happy, still in God confiding, fruitful, if in Christ abiding, holy, through the Spirit’s guiding, all must be well.
3 We expect a bright tomorrow, all will be well. Faith can sing through days of sorrow, 'All, all is well.' On our Father’s love relying, Jesus every need supplying, in our living, in our dying, all must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL... DATE : SUNDAY 5th MARCH 2017
THEME : HE BEARS BURDENS
Memorise: Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you. 1st Peter 5:7 Read: Matthew 27:27-32 27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers. 28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe. 29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! 30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head. 31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. 32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross
MESSAGE: In Exodus 1:8-11, a generation of the children of Israel woke up one day and realised they had become slaves in a foreign land. From that moment, their children were born into slavery. Slavery became a burden that was attached to them for hundreds of years. Has something unsavoury been attached to you from birth? The Lord shall separate you from such burdens today in Jesus’ Name! Thankfully, just as there are burdens, there are also burden-bearers. A burden-bearer is someone who sees you carrying some burden and offers to carry it for you, or gives you a helping hand. We see this demonstrated in today’s Bible reading. While leading Jesus to Golgotha where He would to crucified, the Roman soldiers made Him carry His heavy wooden cross. Even though He had been thoroughly beaten, was bleeding and was tired, He still had to carry his cross. As they began the journey, Simon of Cyrene came alone and he was compelled by the soldiers to assist Jesus in carrying His cross. Some years ago, we had an experience with one of our domestic workers. Whenever we ask her to suggest a chorus during our family devotion, she would always raise a particular song that says, “The fire is burning the bush but the bush is not consumed, how great is our God.” One day, we curiously decided to find out about this fire she kept singing of. On interviewing her, we discovered that she became a housemaid because her parents were heavily indebted and could not pay. By the grace of God, we paid the debt. The following day, when asked to suggest a chorus during prayer time, she sang a new song which proclaimed “He has done it for me!” if you have carried a burden for so long and the burden gets lifted away, your song will indeed change. The burden-bearer is the one who sees you carrying a burden and empathises with you. He comes to say to you that the load you are carrying is too heavy for you, and then offers to help you. There is no greater burden-bearer than then the Lord Jesus Christ! He wants to help you carry any load you are struggling with. Here is His call to you today: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
Matthew 11:28 Accept His invitation, and call Him for help.
Action Point: Confess those words to the Lord: Lord Jesus, I answer to Your call, I bring all of my burden to You. I lay them all at Your feet. I ask that You give me rest. Teach my heart to learn to cast all of my cares upon You in Faith, and to live in worry.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :Genesis 34-35 and Isaiah 51:1-16
AUTHOR : Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN2 : WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS What a friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer! Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh, what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer!
Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged— Take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful, Who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness; Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy-laden, Cumbered with a load of care? Precious Savior, still our refuge Take it to the Lord in prayer. Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer! In His arms He’ll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:00am On Mar 05, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App.

Matthew 12:1-21

2. Receive the mercy of Jesus

We sometimes send parcels with the words ‘Fragile – Handle with Care’ stuck on them. Have you ever felt in need of one of these stickers yourself?

Jesus utterly rejected the legalism of the Pharisees (vv.1–12), quoting and fulfilling the prophecy of Hosea: ‘I desire mercy not sacrifice’ (Matthew 12:7; Hosea 6:6). Justice and legalism are not the same – indeed they can be opposites. Jesus breaks the legalistic pharisaical laws by healing a man on the Sabbath in an act of great mercy, love and compassion (Matthew 12:13–14).

Jesus combines justice and mercy. He fulfilled all the promises of the Old Testament about God bringing justice to the nations. Here Matthew quotes Isaiah’s prophecy (Isaiah 42:1–4), which Jesus fulfilled (Matthew 12:18–21). He would bring ‘justice to the nations’ (v.18c) and lead ‘justice to victory’ (v.20c).

Yet he is full of mercy, love and compassion: ‘A bruised reed he will not break, and a smouldering wick he will not snuff out’ (v.20). There are times in life when we are physically, emotionally or spiritually fragile – like a ‘bruised reed’ or a ‘smouldering wick’.

Unlike many, Jesus continues to show us mercy, love and compassion when we are weak and fragile. When we are fragile, Jesus handles us with care.

Jesus is quoting one of the ‘servant songs’ from Isaiah 40–55. These songs are all about a suffering servant who will sacrifice his life in order to bring forgiveness of sins (Isaiah 52:13–53:12).

In these ‘servant songs’, God’s mercy and justice come together. The world is set right; injustice and oppression are ended, and the needy and broken are set free. Yet it is God himself who makes the sacrifice, who bears the punishment and consequences of our sins. Rather than being crushed by God’s justice, you are set free by it. At the cross, justice and mercy meet.

Prayer:

"Thank you, Jesus, that you came as the suffering servant. Thank you that you enable justice and mercy to come together through your sacrifice on the cross."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by afemgbosey(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Have you ever wondered where to find this book : WHO IS THIS ALLAH?. Been searching for over 4 years and finally I got it today!. Here is the link.
http://bookzz.org/book/2597827/ea787b/?_ir=1
It is pdf file you can download and read on your phone. The truth is unchangeable no matter how hard we try.
Kindly note that this is not a spam.
Nb : I decided to share it on Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNecuydbQxHcEZxOGN0dXdxTlE/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : MONDAY 6th MARCH 2017

THEME : STEALING AND LYING

Memorise:
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a
cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin
which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the
race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1
Read: 2nd Kings 5:20-27 (KJV)
20 But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold,
my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his
hands that which he brought: but, as the Lord liveth, I will run
after him, and take somewhat of him.
21 So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him
running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him,
and said, Is all well?
22 And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying,
Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two
young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a
talent of silver, and two changes of garments.
23 And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged
him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two
changes of garments, and laid them upon two of his servants; and
they bare them before him.
24 And when he came to the tower, he took them from their hand,
and bestowed them in the house: and he let the men go, and they
departed.
25 But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said
unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant
went no whither.
26 And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the
man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to
receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and
vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and
maidservants?
27 The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and
unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper
as white as snow.

Holiness is so integral to the person of the Holy Spirit that the
word “holy” is attached to His Name. You cannot live the
Christian life without having a relationship with the Holy Spirit
(Romans 8:9); but to have a good relationship with the Holy Spirit,
you need to understand that He detests sin. Part of His
assignment in this world is to liberate you from the power of sin
and to help you live above it (John 16:8, Romans 8:2, Galatians
5:16). Two sins entangling a lot of Christians today and fast
eroding their character are stealing and lying. Stealing has its
origin in covetousness and it leads to betrayal. The life of Judas
Iscariot, a man who walked with the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, is
a case study of this (John 12:6). Today, due to covetousness, even
ministers of God are stealing from the Church purse, thereby
betraying the huge trust reposed in them by God. Have you been
stealing from God or from men? Repent, restitute and turn a new
leaf today (Ephesians 4:28)!
In today’s Bible reading, Gehazi lied to Naaman and received the
gifts his master had rejected. Thereafter, his master sent for him
and asked him where he had been. He lied again saying he went
nowhere. He however did not get away with that lie. There are lies
you tell and it may appear you got away with them, but there are
also lies you will tell that will leave their sting on you perpetually.
Gehazi lied to his master and his master and his life changed
negatively and irreversibly from that day.
Similarly, Ananias and Sapphira may have told lies in the past and
escaped the consequences. However, on the day they lied to
Peter, they never lived to tell another lie (Acts 5:1-10). If you
consider the punishment that followed the supposedly “little” lie
of this couple, many people would be of the opinion that it far
exceeded their offence. Why? It is because they see lying as a
regular, common sin that is inconsequential if weighed on a scale
with “heavier” sins like murder. This is why many people engaged
in it, even those who profess faith in Jesus Christ. Some people
have even categorised lies by colour and size! If God could bring
leprosy on Gehazi and kill Ananians and Sapphira because of lies,
it means that He does not take lies lightly as we do. God even
says He will exclude all categories of liars from the New Jerusalem
(Revelation 21:8, Revelation 21:27). Run away from lies and
embrace Jesus Christ, the Truth!

Action Point:
That seemingly harmless lie has grave repercussions that you may
not see today. Ask God for grace to flee from every lie.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Genesis 36-37 and Isaiah 51:17-52:12

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Chorus:
O deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Chorus:

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Chorus:

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Chorus:

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow'r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Chorus.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by jiggaz(m): 11:24am On Mar 06, 2017
Good morning OAM4J plz i wanna report to you that your anti-spam bot hid & removed my topic yesterday morning tittled MATTHEW 24 AND THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE. I was surprised cos i wasn't spamming or anything like that.

Please i would like you to release the topic to me. Thank you so much..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE : TUESDAY 7th MARCH 2017
THEME : MULTIPLY YOUR SEEDS
Memorise: In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good. Ecclesiastes 11:6
Read: Ecclesiastes 11:1-6 (KJV) 1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. 2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. 3 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. 4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. 5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. 6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
MESSAGE: One law that applies to everyone is the law of harvest. The Holy Spirit in Galatians 6:7 says it is what you sow that you will reap. As a universal law, it holds true irrespective of your religious inclinations, race, colour or tribe. It applies, regardless of whether you believe it or not. Similarly, it is common knowledge that the kind of soil a seed is sown in will definitely affect and determine the harvest that will be taken from it. If the soil is good, the harvest will most likely be good, but if the soil is bad, the harvest will most likely be poor. If there are several farmers sowing the same type of seeds in the same kind of soil, is it possible for one farmer to have a more prosperous harvest than his colleagues? The Bible answers this in 2nd Corinthians 9:6 “But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” It is possible for one of the farmers to reap a better harvest, if he or she increases the quantity of seeds sown or the frequency of sowing. In light of this, the preacher strongly advises us to engage in regular sowing of seeds. You should be prepared to sow by day and by night. You should also sow when you are young and continue sowing when you are old. Why? Nobody can determine how the harvest of the seeds he or she has sown will be. Some seeds may come up with a poor harvest, some with a good harvest while some others may not yield at all. All these are pointers to the fact that you input can greatly influence your harvest. Some people sow once in a very long while and then wait to see the harvest before deciding to sow again. This is why their harvest is kept far away from them. Do you know that in spite of all God has done for us – He sowed His only begotten Son to obtain our redemption – He is still sowing seeds for mercy, love, forgiveness, protection, provision, etc into our lives on a daily basis? This is why He continues to take in a harvest of souls every day. No wonder He tells us in Galatians 6:9 “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” How frequently do you sow into God’s Kingdom? Have you stopped sowing because you are now old? Don’t stop sowing! Scatter your seeds today!
Action Point: Looking at the size and quality of harvest you want for the future, go ahead and sow the seeds that will give you such harvest. BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Genesis 38-39 and Isaiah 52:13-53:12
HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING 1. There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above
[Chorus]
Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops ‘round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing-- Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain. [Chorus]
3. There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come, and now honor Thy Word. [Chorus]
4. There shall be showers of blessing: Oh, that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we call! [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 4:43am On Mar 07, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App.

Genesis 31:1-55

3. Rejoice in the sacrifice of God

Have you ever experienced a promise of promotion that never came, or spent countless wasted hours working late to complete some thankless task? Have you ever been the victim of envy, false accusation or downright deception?

So much in this passage resonates with our day-to-day lives. In our everyday situations of frustration and pain, it is reassuring to know that the Lord always has the last word.

In this passage we see a breakdown in what was essentially a family business. Perhaps Laban took his son-in-law for granted. Certainly Jacob felt his goodwill had been abused. He felt Laban’s ‘attitude to him was not what it had been’ (v.2). He had given his job 100% effort – he had worked with all his strength: ‘I have served… with all my might and power’ (v.6, AMP).

Jacob’s terms of employment had been very tough. His father-in-law had been a fairly draconian boss. He had made Jacob pay for any loss that occurred due to accident or theft by others (v.39). His working conditions were very unsatisfactory (v.40).

Further, he felt cheated. Instead of putting his salary up, Laban appears to have put it down ten times (v.7). Rachel and Leah also felt they had been hard done by. They had been sold off to Jacob and then watched as their father envied their husband’s success (vv.14–16).

It is understandable that they all felt resentment towards Laban. However, their response was not very gracious. They all ran off when Laban was out at work. They did not give him the opportunity to say goodbye to his children and grandchildren (vv.26,28). On top of all that, for some incomprehensible reason, Rachel steals from her father without telling her husband.

In spite of all this, God blesses Jacob: ‘But God did not allow [Laban] to hurt me’ (v.7, AMP). He becomes more prosperous than Laban. It was actually God who had called Jacob to return home to Isaac and promised him ‘I will be with you’ (v.3). Although Jacob was doing the right thing, the way it was done was not right. Nevertheless, God intervened on his behalf by speaking to Laban in a dream (v.24). But for that, Jacob might have been sent away empty-handed (v.42).

In the end, they negotiate a satisfactory settlement. In the midst of this passage we see hints of the foreshadowing of what was to come. Both Jacob and Laban look to God for justice (v.53). Then there is sacrifice (v.54).

As they seek God’s justice and offer this sacrifice, we are reminded once more of the cross, where God’s justice and mercy come together.

Prayer:

"Father, how can I ever thank and praise you enough. Thank you that you are just and merciful. Thank you for the sacrifice of Jesus. Thank you that, in times of injustice, I can look to you for protection and mercy. Help me to be merciful, as you are merciful to me."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
WEDNESDAY 8th MARCH,2017
LIKE ABRAHAM?
MEMORISE: And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel, on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an alter unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD. Genesis 12:8
READ: Genesis 12:7-8 7 And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him. 8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.
MESSAGE: One crucial question that many people asking God to prosper them have not answered is: what will you do with the wealth you are asking for? While some people are sure of what to do with such wealth, many others are not so certain. Why do you want God to prosper you? Is it so that you can have multiple spouses, build multiple houses or buy a multitude of cars? If you really desire great wealth from God, what you plan to do with it to bring glory to His Name must not be far from you. May you have the right reasons, motives and goals that will be honoured by God in Jesus’ Name! Let us consider the case of Abraham our spiritual father. After God promised to bless Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3 and repeating the same promise in Genesis 12:7-8, what did Abraham do? Abraham immediately built an altar and worshipped God. Note that at this time, all Abraham had was God’s promise; there was no blessing yet. In other words, he was saying, “for promising to bless me at all, You deserve my worship.” Down the line, in Genesis 13:1-4, after the blessings started pouring in, Abraham did not forget his resolve to worship God. He travelled quite some distance to an altar he had earlier built at Bethel to worship God. By the time you get to Genesis 22:1-18, although Abraham had become truly blessed, he still proved to God that he loved Him more than any blessing he had received from Him, including Isaac his beloved son. When God saw all these, He was so impressed that He released greater blessings on him; hence, Abraham’s servant could testify that God had greatly blessed Abraham (Genesis 24:34-35). From the onset, Abraham was focused on worshipping God. As the blessings came, He remained committed to worshipping God. For this reason, the Holy Spirit in Isaiah 51:2 instructs us to learn from him: “Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.” Not many of us are like Father Abraham. When you allow the little blessings you received from God to derail you from the faith, how can you then convince God to give you more? If you truly want the exponential blessings that God has reserved for you, you must have a solid plan for how you will glorify Him with such wealth. How are you spending the little you have now?
KEY POINT: God has a plan for how you should spend every provision He makes available to you. Make it a point of duty to always ask Him to reveal this to you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 40-41 and Isaiah 54
HYMN 10: 1. There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.
[Chorus] Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops ‘round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing-- Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain. [Chorus]
3. There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come, and now honor Thy Word, [Chorus]
4. There shall be showers of blessing: Oh, that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we call! [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by adewuyi2012: 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Are you a christian youth brother or sister..<br>
do you want to join &quot;the family&quot; where we relate with each other, have fun, share knowledge, help one another to secure jobs, share the word of God, and keep ourselves with the latest on the world around us.
for each day, below are the subjects we will be discussing:
Monday -sport
Tuesday: music
Wednesday :love and relationship
Thursday: movies
Friday: politics
Saturday: general issues-internet, education,comedy, jobs e.t.c.
Sunday: Bible study
For each day, an Admin will post a matter relating to his or her area as indicated above, then others will start commenting and sharing knowledge on the matter.
please if u would like to join us, kindly click the link below to join or chat me up 07087844062.
https:///C4Lk1oJbcoH9gm546PkkyL

Please use google chrome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 9th MARCH 2017
THEME: YOU ARE BLESSED
Memorise: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28
Read: Genesis 1:26-30 (KJV) 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
MESSAGE: God’s voice is so powerful that it can bring about abundant increase. When He speaks in a situation of lack and acute shortage, whatever is responsible for that anomaly is arrested and there is bountiful provision. An example of this can be seen in the lives of the children of Israel. In Genesis 46:26-27, we read that all the people that Israel brought with him into Egypt including Joseph and his family were 70. However, when they were leaving Egypt, the men alone were numbered at 600,000 (Exodus 12:37). In fact, the Israelites’ rate of multiplication in Egypt was so rapid that it became a source of worry to the Egyptians (Exodus 1:7-10). Sometimes, we think that such miracles can only occur in Bible times. By the grace of God, in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, we have seen God’s faithfulness demonstrated in the area of multiplication. In 1952, the Church started with about 12 people. By the time I became the general overseer in 1981, we had only 40 parishes including the headquarters. The convention we had in 1980 had a little over 600 people in attendance, yet we thought that was quite large. Today, through the grace of the Almighty God, this same Church has spread to over 174 nations of the world! Why? It is simply because there is a God who can speak from Heaven to make something little increase abundantly. This shall be your portion today in Jesus’ Name! A blessing summons all the forces in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to help an individual to succeed. To bless someone, you have to open your mouth to declare it. When God blesses you, all the angels of God will assist you, and even demons will fight one another to clear the way for you. In Genesis 48:8-20, Joseph, while visiting his father Jacob with his two sons, carefully guided his father to rest his right hand on the head of the elder son, Manasseh, and to rest his left hand on Ephraim the younger. At this time, Jacob was old and sick, and could no longer see. When Jacob crossed his hands over the two boys, Joseph protested but Jacob insisted, saying the younger will be greater than the elder, and then he blessed them. Within a short period of time, the younger son had become 10 times more blessed than his elder brother (Deuteronomy 33:17). This is what the declaration of a divine blessing can do in the life of a person. Ask God to declare His blessings on you. You can also seek the declaration of blessings from a father that is connected to God.
Prayer Point: Father, from today, let me experience Your blessing of multiplication in every area of my life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 42-43 and Isaiah 55
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.
[Chorus] Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops ‘round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
3. There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come, and now honor Thy Word. [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by giztzone(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Download Precious FATHER by Delight Munachy... This song will contribute positively to your spiritual life...

Click the LINK to DOWNLOAd=== > http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/03/precious-father-delight-munachy-download.html

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 6:00am On Mar 10, 2017
Culled from Holy Bible App

The Overflow of the Heart

For many years I have wanted to meet Billy Graham, but I have never done so. I felt greatly honoured when I discovered he was following me on Twitter! Of course, I followed back! He is one of my heroes of the faith. He is the greatest evangelist of my lifetime. He has spoken to more people about Jesus than anyone else in human history.

I have heard Billy Graham speak many, many times. Every single time I have listened to him I have felt inspired. He says that before he speaks he likes to fill his heart. He likes to prepare enough material for five talks so that he can speak ‘out of the overflow’.

According to Jesus, the heart really matters: ‘For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks’ (Matthew 12:34). But how do you store up good things in your heart?

Proverbs 2:1-11

1. Store up God’s word in your heart

Do you long to know God better? Would you like to be wiser, more skilful and to have more knowledge and understanding?

I would like to encourage you to make a daily habit of reading God’s word. The writer of Proverbs urges, ‘store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding… For wisdom will enter your heart’ (vv.1–2,10).

What do you need to do?
You need to ‘store up’ God’s words within you (v.1). You need to ‘accept’ (v.1), listen and apply (v.2), ‘call out’ (v.3) and ‘search’ (v.4). ‘Searching for it like a prospector panning for gold, like an adventurer on a treasure hunt’ (v.4, MSG). This takes time and commitment. Set aside a regular time to read the Bible and put it down in your schedule as a top priority.
What does God promise if you do this?
You will ‘find the knowledge of God’ (v.5). Because of God’s character he ‘gives wisdom’ and ‘understanding’ (v.6), ‘victory’ (v.7), protection (v.8 ) and ‘discretion’ (v.11). He promises that God will ‘keep his eye on’ you and ‘keep you from making wrong turns or following the bad directions’ (vv.8,12, MSG).
Prayer:

"Lord, help me each day to spend time with you and to apply the teachings of the Bible to my life."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE FRIDAY 10th MARCH,2017
WHEN GOD LOSES A BATTLE
MEMORISE: Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Psalm 24:8
READ: Acts 7:57-8:4
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: GENESIS 44-45 and ISAIAH 56
MESSAGE: For quite a long while in times past, I usually said that the Lord of Host never loses a battle, but quite recently, the Lord corrected me and said, “Son, I can lose a battle to win a war. I never lose a war.” According to His divine wisdom, when it pleases the Lord, He can choose to lose a battle in order to win a war. He can give up a battle, but He has never lost a war. We need to tap into this divine wisdom and apply its principle in our lives. It’s all about looking at the bigger picture. You will gain more from winning a war than from winning a battle. You will also lose more when you lose a war than when you lose a battle. Some people are not ready to lose any battle, and as a result, they lose the war that is more crucial. Take for instance, evangelism. If you go to preach to an individual about Christ and an argument ensues, you are faced with the choice of winning a battle (the argument) or winning the soul of the sinner (a war). If you choose to win the argument, you will most likely lose that soul. This is why you should get involved in arguments when preaching the gospel to unbelievers. Time to evangelise is not a time to argue about whose religion is more superior. Faith in Christ Jesus is more than just a religion. Simply tell the sinner about Jesus and God’s love towards him or her. Share your salvation experience with him or her. Stir up his or her interest in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will do the necessary work of conviction. After playing your part, you can then invite the person to surrender his or her life to Christ. When you observe that God is seemingly losing a battle or battles, it is because there is a bigger war He wants to win. For instance, in the midst of intense persecution of the early Church, God allowed His beloved Stephen to be martyred. Why did He allow this? It’s because He wanted to win the war of saving the ring leader of Stephen’s murderers, Saul. Through Saul, He planned to convert whole cities and to virtually turn the world upside down, and He succeeded in this (Acts 17:6). At the end, it became a double gain for the Lord as Stephen had a triumphant entry into Heaven while Paul, who supervised his martyrdom, became a mightier instrument in the hand of God for the salvation of souls on a massive scale across the globe. This testimony about Paul in Acts 19:26 show the awesomeness of God’s wisdom: “Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:” Anytime you follow God’s wisdom, you will know when to lose a battle in order to win a war.
PRAYER POINT: Father, teach me to give up the battle that will enable me to win the most crucial wars.
HYMN 13 : Wonderful story of love; Tell it to me again; Wonderful story of love; Wake the immortal strain! Angels with rapture announce it, Shepherds with wonder receive it; Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it? Wonderful story of love.
Refrain: Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful, wonderful story of love. Wonderful story of love; Though you are far away; Wonderful story of love; Still He doth call today; Calling from Calvary’s mountain, Down from the crystal-bright fountain, E’en from the dawn of creation, Wonderful story of love. Refrain
Wonderful story of love; Jesus provides a rest; Wonderful story of love; For all the pure and blest, Rest in those mansions above us, With those who’ve gone on before us, Singing the rapturous chorus, Wonderful story of love. Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2017

DATE: SATURDAY 11 MARCH 2017

THEME: WHEN HIS VOICE THUNDERS

Memorise:
For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten
down, which smote with a rod. Isaiah 30:31

Read: Psalm 29:3-9 (KJV)

3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory
thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of
majesty.
5 The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedars; yea, the Lord
breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like
a young unicorn.
7 The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire.
8 The voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness; the Lord shaketh
the wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth
the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.

"But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that
even the winds and the sea obey him!”
Matthew 8:27
Are you currently in a state of perplexity? Does it seem as if the
devil has vowed to sink the boat of your life? I have good news for
you: he is only joking. Why? One reason why the boat of your life
cannot sink is because all the elements, wind, storm and waves
working against your boat were created by God, and they must
hear His voice and obey Him. The disciples could not believe their
eyes when they saw the manifestation of this. Jesus spoke to the
contrary wind and the waves of the sea and they obeyed him. This
season, everything working contrary to your boat and sail will
hear the voice of the Master and beat a retreat in Jesus’ Name.
Everything God has created treats His voice with fear and awe.
According to today’s reading, this voice is so powerful and
awesome that there is no one and nothing that can withstand it.
When the Lord speaks, thunder and lightning follow (Isaiah
30:30). When He speaks, the world beholds the true majesty of
God. When He speaks, mighty cedar trees are split in pieces.
When He speaks, the hottest of fires is cooled. When He speaks,
the earth shakes and the wilderness quakes. When He speaks,
hidden secrets are exposed and the impossible became possible.
What can resist God’s voice? Nothing in or out of this world can!
Today, the Lord will speak into your situation and every force or
power actively working against you will take their flight. Yes,
when He speaks, everything standing in His way will have to give
way. At a point in time, the Philistines gathered together to
invade Israel like they had done in times past. Samuel cried to the
Lord and the voice of the Lord sounded from heaven to roundly
defeat them. They never invaded Israel again after this (1 Samuel
7:8-13). As God speaks into your situation today, the speed at
which your oppressors will disappear will be quite amazing. Look
around you today, what are those things that have refused to let
you go forward? Call on the Lord to speak into your situation now
and there shall be change. The Lord will speak into your life,
family, work place, finances and academics today, and all your
enemies shall scatter.

Prayer Point:
Father, Lazarus heard Your voice and he came out of the grave.
Speak into my life and let every opposing circumstances be
silenced now.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 46-47 and Isaiah 57

AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
all will be well.
Free and changeless is his favour,
all, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
perfect is the grace that sealed us,
strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
all must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
all will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
all, all is well.
Happy, still in God confiding,
fruitful, if in Christ abiding,
holy, through the Spirit’s guiding,
all must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow,
all will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
'All, all is well.'
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
in our living, in our dying,
all must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by giztzone(m): 5:25am On Mar 11, 2017
SONG OF THE DAY -- FULL Lyrics: Andiwam- Ekanem Esu |@Ekanemesu_ (FREE DOWNLOAD)
http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/03/andiwam-ekanem-esu-lyrics.html
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:50am On Mar 11, 2017

Matthew 12:22-45

2. Go on being filled with the Holy Spirit

The words you speak really matter. ‘Every word we speak can either be a brick to build or a bulldozer to destroy’, writes Joyce Meyer. Whatever is stored up in your heart will sooner or later be expressed by your words. Be careful what you look at, read and think about. Fill your heart with good things and you will think good thoughts, speak good words and bear good fruit (v.33).

Jesus says, ‘Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. Good people bring good things out of the good stored up in them, and evil people bring evil things out of the evil stored up in them’ (vv.34–35).

The context of Jesus’ teaching that ‘out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks’ is his teaching about the Holy Spirit (as opposed to evil spirits). You cannot change your thought patterns on your own. You need the help of the Holy Spirit – filling you with his love and good fruit.

I take what Jesus is saying in verses 30–32 to mean that the only ‘unforgivable sin’ is to resist the Holy Spirit throughout your life. Often people worry that they have committed the ‘unforgivable sin’. However, if you are worried about it, it is almost certain you have not committed it. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven if you repent and ask God’s forgiveness. The only ‘unforgivable sin’ is to refuse to repent and turn to Christ, resisting his Holy Spirit throughout your life.

Jesus uses a description of how evil spirits work to warn of the danger of turning back to our old lives having cleaned up ‘the house’. Jesus warns that when people return to their old sin, they often do so even more excessively (v.43 onwards), and that ‘the final condition – is worse than the first’ (v.45).

The Pharisees and teachers of the law are an example of this (v.38). They have already seen plenty of miraculous signs from Jesus, but they refuse to acknowledge that Jesus’ power is the work of the Holy Spirit. When they say to Jesus, ‘How about a miracle?’ (v.38, MSG), it is as though they are putting Jesus under cross-examination.

However, Jesus’ reply turns the tables on them. Comparing himself with the Old Testament prophet Jonah, Jesus is referring to what would soon take place – his death and resurrection three days later (vv.39–40). The resurrection of Jesus is the ultimate sign of his identity.

Jesus gives two case studies from the Old Testament to show that the Pharisees already have enough evidence. First, when Jonah preached to the Ninevites they changed their lives. Jesus is greater than Jonah. Second, the Queen of Sheba recognised the wisdom of Solomon. Jesus’ wisdom is greater than that of Solomon. They, and we, need no more evidence.

It is the Holy Spirit who gets rid of the demonic powers (v.28). Fight a daily battle to resist evil and ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The test of whether your heart is good is what comes out of your mouth. It is out of the ‘overflow of the heart that the mouth speaks’ (v.34).

Jesus says to them, ‘You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words’ (v.34, MSG). The way to make sure that you say the right things is to make sure your heart is full of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

"Lord, help me to fill my heart constantly with good things and guard it from evil. I pray today that you would again fill me with the Holy Spirit."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Babs80(m): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone... please put me in your prayers doctors report said I have heart disease.... and not thing they can do.. But I believe with GOD all things are possible.. (Felix)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChyOmaa(f): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
undecidedEmusmithy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChyOmaa(f): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
Babs80:
Hello everyone... please put me in your prayers doctors report said I have heart disease.... and not thing they can do.. But I believe with GOD all things are possible.. (Felix)
You don't have heart disease in Jesus name. Amen! Pls where is ur location?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by sonofmanj3(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is a site am working on with wonderful life changing content
http://truebelieversnow..com.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: SUNDAY 12 MARCH 2017
THEME: HE LIFTS MATERIAL BURDENS
Memorise: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Mathew 11:28
Read: Luke 13:10-17 (KJV) 10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. 15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? 17 And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.
Message Burdens are loads imposed on a person by the wicked forces of this world or by circumstances of life. They come under certain categories, one of these being physical burdens. Physical burdens are exemplified by the case of Naaman who had an incurable disease (2 Kings 5:1). Also, the woman with a spirit of infirmity, who could not straighten herself for years, is another case in point (Luke 13:11). No matter how much she tried, everywhere she went, she remained bent. Similarly, the man who had been at the pool of Bethesda for 38years had a physical burden (John 5:2-9). Do you have a physical burden? Are you physically handicapped? Jesus Christ will lift your physical burdens today! You shall experience a turn around in Jesus' Name! Burdens could also be material in nature. The widow of Zarephath was carrying a material burden (1 Kings 17:8-16). Things used to be good for her, but her situation deteriorated to the point where she had only one meal to her credit. In addition, the heavily indebted widow of 2 kings 4:1-7 was plagued by debts left by her late husband. The creditors came calling and threatened to enslave her sons. Thank God she knew the right place to run to. She cried to the prophet, who was connected to the Burden Bearer, and the tide turned for her and her children. What about the wedding feast in John 2:1-11? They thought they had everything in place, but midway through the celebration, they ran out wine. They called on the Burden Bearer and He supplied what was lacking. A very wealthy man with a fleet of 14 cars once picked a quarrel with his wife, and she threatens that by the time she was done with him, he would be trekking about the street of Lagos, Nigeria. The man laughed it off, not knowing the kind of woman he had as wife. Not long after, his business began to nosedive, and things became so bad that at a point, he had only one car left with 50 kobo in his pocket. Then he reasoned with himself, "if I buy petrol with this money I will starve, and if I spend the money on food, then I would trek in fulfilment of my wife's evil decree". That was when he decided to run to Jesus Christ for help, and the Lord turned things around for him. By the time he was sharing this testimony, he was dedicating two new houses on the same day. What material burden are you carrying presently? If you run to Jesus, He will help you carry it. Through Him all material burdens can be lifted!
Key Point: Over the ages, Jesus Christ has borne the burden of many. If you can fully come to Him, He will readily help you to carry the load that you cannot bear.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 48-50 and Isaiah 58:1-12
HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR 1 Through the love of God our Saviour, all will be well. Free and changeless is his favour, all, all is well. Precious is the blood that healed us, perfect is the grace that sealed us, strong the hand stretched forth to shield us, all must be well.
2 Though we pass through tribulation, all will be well. Ours is such a full salvation, all, all is well. Happy, still in God confiding, fruitful, if in Christ abiding, holy, through the Spirit’s guiding, all must be well.
3 We expect a bright tomorrow, all will be well. Faith can sing through days of sorrow, 'All, all is well.' On our Father’s love relying, Jesus every need supplying, in our living, in our dying, all must be well.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
Babs80:
You are healed in Jesus mighty name. Just believe and exercise your faith in Him.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
DATE: MONDAY 13th MARCH 2017
THEME: CONSPIRACY & FORNICATION
Memorise: Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18 Read: Job 5:12-14, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 (KJV) 12 He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise. 13 He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong. 14 They meet with darkness in the day time, and grope in the noonday as in the night. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 (KJV) 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
MESSAGE: A conspiracy can be defined as a secret plan by a group of persons to do something unlawful or mischievous. Whenever you agree or partner with one or more persons to do something against God’s express word or will, you are guilty of conspiracy. The attitude of the Holy Spirit towards conspiracy is clear from His judgement against Ananias and Sapphira, who conspired to test Him with their lie (Acts 5:1-11). Ahithophel and Absalom also engaged in conspiracy against the Lord’s anointed, King David (2 Samuel 15:12). They paid for this sin with their lives, and they both died similar deaths through hanging (2 Samuel 17:23, 2 Samuel 18:9-14). Do you know that many people still conspire to lie to the Holy Spirit today? When auditors are visiting some churches, their pastors will connive with accountants to present doctored records. On arrival, when the auditor asks the accountant if the books presented are the actual financial records, they would affirm that they are. That is conspiring to lie to the Holy Spirit! Those who engage in conspiracy often die together, just like it happened to Ananias and Sapphira, Absalom and Ahithophel, and Korah, Dathan and Abiram (Numbers 26:9-10). This is where married couples need to be extremely cautions. If your spouse is going the way of destruction, never follow him or her. Do all you can to deliver him, but if the fellow refuses, let him or her take the evil step alone. Are you engaged in a conspiracy to defraud your employer or government? It’s time to pull out of such schemes and repent. In like manner, the Holy Spirit hates adultery and fornication. Why? It is because your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. You are His dwelling place. Adultery separates God from His temple. It keeps God outside His throne in your heart. Some people erroneously think that they can fornicate without affecting the presence of the Holy Spirit in them. No way! How can you expect the Holy Spirit, whose personality is defined by holiness, to dwell in a body yielded to filthiness? The Bible in James 4:4 says, “Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.” Fornication strips the glory of God away from you and clothes you in rags and shame. There is nothing glorious about sexual sin. It never adds anything to you; rather, it always takes away your prized possessions. Repent and flee fornication daily! Whatever separates God from you is something to resist by all means! Action Point: Confess and repent of any form of conspiracy or sexual sins you are involved in. Break away from every form of relationship that facilitates these.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 1-3 and Isaiah 58:13-59:15
HYMN 9: ON THE HILL AWAY
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; and I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain: So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it some day for a crown.
2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me; for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above to bear it to dark Calvary. Refrain
3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, a wondrous beauty I see, for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, to pardon and sanctify me. Refrain
4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; its shame and reproach gladly bear; then he'll call me some day to my home far away, where his glory forever I'll share. Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by sonofmanj3(m): 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Until we understand the core values of Christianity we will keep chasing shadow but the reality is before us but we fail to study. http://truebelieversnow..com.ng/
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:00am On Mar 13, 2017

Genesis 32:1-33:20

3. Wrestle with God in prayer

Are you facing a major fear or worry in your life?

Jacob faced a very worrying situation. He had fallen out with his brother Esau, and feared that Esau might be out to get him. He was in ‘great fear and distress’ (32:7).

Jacob was a man of prayer – in spite of all his sin, he knew God. He recognised his own unworthiness: ‘I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant’ (v.10).

He prayed, believed and claimed the promise of God: ‘Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau – you have said, “I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea which cannot be counted”’ (vv.11,12). His prayer was answered – more than he could have even imagined.

Prayer is not always straightforward. Sometimes it seems, like Jacob, that we have to wrestle with God (32:22–32; Colossians 4:12). It can be costly in terms of time and energy. This requires determination. Jacob said to God, ‘I will not let you go unless you bless me’ (Genesis 32:26), but we are also told that from then on he walked with a limp (v.31).

Probably the nearest New Testament equivalent is the apostle Paul’s ‘thorn in the flesh’ (2 Corinthians 12:7), which he asked God to remove three times. Your weaknesses and vulnerabilities do not stop God using you. In fact, God often uses our weaknesses more than our strengths. God did not remove Paul’s thorn in the flesh. Rather he said, ‘my power is made perfect in weakness’ (v.8 ).

Perhaps you feel you have a ‘thorn in the flesh’ or you seem to be ‘walking with a limp’: you have some vulnerability or apparent handicap. Jackie Pullinger says she never trusts anyone who doesn’t walk with a limp! It is often through the difficulties, disappointments and struggles that our hearts are changed. We see a transformation in Jacob after he has wrestled with God. His attitude to his brother is totally transformed (Genesis 33).

After the victory had been achieved in prayer, everything seemed to fall into place. There was a wonderful reunion and reconciliation: ‘Esau ran to meet Jacob and embraced him; he threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. And they wept’ (v.4).

Their attitude to each other had totally changed. Esau says, ‘I already have plenty, my brother. Keep what you have for yourself’ (v.9).

Jacob replies, ‘No, please!… If I have found favour in your eyes, accept this gift from me. For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favourably. Please accept the present that was brought to you, for God has been gracious to me and I have all I need’ (vv.10–11).

Prayer:

"Lord, thank you that you are a God who answers our prayers. Help us to wrestle in prayer like Jacob. Lord, I pray that you would bring reconciliation in all our relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ. May my mouth speak out of the overflow of my heart."
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 5:00am On Mar 13, 2017
Babs80:

Hi Felix, You are healed IJN! Christ has paid in full, sickness and diseases are far away from you IJN.
Exercise your Faith in Christ and believe God's only report, that says "By His Stripes, you are healed!"

Please consult your Physician often.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
DATE: TUESDAY 14 MARCH 2017
THEME: STILL KEEPING OLD PALS?
Memorise: And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Ephesians 4:24
Read: Ephesians 4:17-24 (KJV) 17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
MESSAGE: An encounter with Jesus Christ is such a powerful experience that it can bring about a change of name (Mark 3:16). This change of name indicates a change of destiny. His power of transformation changes you from a sinner to a saint (Romans 1:7). There is no greater change than that of a changed life made possible by the redeeming power in the blood of Jesus Christ. If you were known as a night crawler before encountering Jesus, you will become known as a more responsible person after encountering Him. The truth is, if you really encounter Jesus Christ, you will lose most of your old friends because it would be difficult for them to relate with the new you. They won’t understand you anymore, because you won’t talk the way you used to talk, drink like you used to drink or even dress the way they dress. Following a definite encounter with the person of Jesus Christ, what you like and hate will change, so much so that if you fail to leave your old friends, they will be the ones to desert you. If you say you are born again, and all of your old pals still feel comfortable around you, your salvation is most likely not genuine. Before I became born again, I had many friends, some of whom were sailors. When they returned from their trips, they brought me assorted alcoholic drinks. Therefore, when my friends wanted to drink alcohol, they would visit me because they knew I would have a lot in store. They sometimes said they could not pass by the house of the king without saying hello to the king. I never knew I was king of alcohol in those days. However, after my conversion, when my old friends visited me, I would offer them soft drinks. They would protest, saying that I already knew the choice alcoholic drinks they normally enjoyed, but I simply told them that I did not stock such anymore. Consequently, I lost most of my friends, but today, God has given me like-minded, godly people as replacements. Have you truly encountered Jesus? What changes have you noticed in your life? Are you still keeping all your old friends, or have they observed the changes in your life and dumped you? Sometimes, some people are afraid of losing their old friends, and as a result, they do everything to hide their new found faith from them. This is unacceptable in the Kingdom of God. The reality is that if you have met Jesus, you are linked to the greatest Friend anyone could ever have. You should be proud of that and let all your friends know about it. If you are ashamed of Him here on earth, He too will be ashamed to talk about you in Heaven (Mark 8:38).
Action Point: Some people have bars in their houses. If you are truly saved, such bars should not accommodate any alcoholic drinks. Get rid of that alcohol!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 4-6, and Isaiah 59:16-60:7
HYMN 11: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS 1. I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; No turning back, no turning back.
2. Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; No turning back, no turning back.
3. My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus; No turning back, no turning back.
4. The world behind me, The cross before me; The world behind me, the cross before me; The world behind me, The cross before me; No turning back, no turning back.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tallfam(m): 5:02am On Mar 14, 2017
I want to give a testimony of what God as done in my life..
Am a final year student of uniosun, as we all know we ave to clear yourself before we can b posted for service ( clearance ).
To cut d story short, after ave signed all necessary part, it was remaining only d academic affairs.
On getting dere I was told I cannot b cleared dat I ave an outstanding course in my 100 level days mean while d course dey point out I passed it bk den.
Den I startd to pray to d king of kings, lord of Lords, God of gods , and he answered my prayers
On getting dere d next day I don't know how God did but he d did it, d course dey said I fail God of wonders changed it to pass. God you a great.
And I want to bless God for cing me through all my four years in sch.
Let's us all learn how to tank God for d Tins he as done. If you know God as been gr8 in ur life also let me see an amen plus your testimony.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — No Option To Christian Unity / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.