Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830471 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Holuwaseun25: 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
ABIDE AND ABOUND

Yes she is the one. My eyes can't be deceiving me. I moved closer to the body on the floor lying among other dead bodies. I bent down to take a closer look. Grace!!! I cried! I touch her chest, behold she is still breathing. She suddenly open her eyes. Ife she slowly muttered my name. I couldn't respond to her due to the flowing tears in my eyes. Then she said "hold my hand" I held it and she said to me pointing to an open door nearby "Run! They are also coming after you. Run! before it is too late. Run! the Saviour is calling you. Run! the end is almost here. Run! before the gate is closed"

Then she breath heavily and pass away. I stood up trembling, where do I run to? Who is after me? That door? Suddenly I heard footsteps of people like battalion of soldiers and the ground shaking as if it will quake. Are they coming after me, will I also die here? I saw the door Grace showed me closing gradually. I ran and jumped in and the door closed.

Lo and behold I saw a man in white apparel,smiling at me. He said "Welcome my daughter, welcome to your father's mansion. Go in, dwell, abide and abound in His love". Waooooo!!! I hugged him and ran into the mansion.

Guess who I saw?...................... GRACE! sitting beside the father, resting,dwelling,abiding and abounding in His love. I woke up from my DREAM.
Friends this world will soon come to an end. The gate of abundant grace to abide with the father is closing gradually. What are you waiting for? Abiding and abounding is a call for spiritual safety. The Bible says in Romans 8:1 There is nooo! Condemnation! That is, no dealth, no hell, no damnation! For those who are abiding in Christ Jesus.
Abide and Abound in Christ because the battle of life is ragging. My brother come, Christ is bidding you to come. My sister come Christ is calling you today. What if today your soul is taken away, what will you give in exchange for your soul?
And the spirit and the bride say come.
And let him that heareth come
And let him that is a thirst come
And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

If you are ready to run through the narrow gate to the waiting arms of the savior,place your right hand on your chest right now! and ask for forgiveness of your sins. I congratulate you for taking this decision today you can now abide and abound in Christ love. Cheers!!!
(John 15:4-7,Psalm 27:4-5,Col 2:7, Romans 6:1, John 15:10,Gal 2:20)

Spread the WORD to alert the WORLD.
© IYANTAN JOHN.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
Culled from Proverb 31 Ministries

Does Your Family Know Your Story?
Lynn Cowell
LYNN COWELL
April 3, 2017

“So that a future generation — children yet to be born — might know. They were to rise and tell their children so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God’s works, but keep His commands.” Psalm 78:6-7 (HCSB)

{Editor’s Note: This week, the Reflect & Respond section returns in the body of our devotion emails. We heard from readers who missed the ease of having the questions with the devotions, including one in East Asia who couldn’t access the website for the questions. Please know we truly listen and care. Thank you for being one of our valued devotion readers!}

When I married my husband nearly 30 years ago, I quickly learned to love watching sports … especially football. If you sneak into our house when we’re watching a game on TV, you’d probably see us with pizza in one hand, with the other hand coaching the players on their next move.

Within my family, my father-in-law is the biggest football fan of all. He remembers details from games years ago — plays that made history and the players who became famous because of them. So, it didn’t surprise me when he gathered our family together before heading out for a day of fun and asked us this question: What quarter are you in?

He equated our lives to quarters in a game. Being in the “fourth quarter” of his life, he shared some of the highlights of God's faithfulness during his lifetime: the plays that went as planned, the ones that ended with a touchdown and the ones that resulted in yards lost. Yet, he declared, throughout his entire lifetime, God has faithfully been there. He encouraged his kids and grandkids to pay attention to the time of life they're currently in, the second and third quarters, and to honor God with the time remaining.

Practicing today’s verse from Psalm 78, he wasn’t just giving us a family history lesson. His hope was that as he shared his story with God, his family would create their own. He called us to put our confidence in God, not in job success, family happiness or financial prosperity. He pleaded with us not to forget God’s works and challenged us to keep God’s commands.

Talking about the Lord — what He has done and all He is doing — is a normal occurrence whenever our family gets together. It’s not uncomfortable or out-of-place, because it’s what we’ve always done. By their actions, my father and mother-in-love, as I like to call them, taught us to be confident in telling our stories, too.

When we weave storytelling into our everyday lives, God can move and use our stories to move others. We can slow down during our day and brag about God — not just in the the big things He has done for us, but the little things too! Making us not only recipients of His goodness, but tellers of it as well!

A simple step I take to help me remember to share my stories with others is writing about God’s faithfulness in a journal. Then, when life is hard, I go back and read how God did it once and trust He will do it again. We can encourage others to do the same.

Teaching our children to document God’s faithfulness prepares them for the “next time.” The next time they are worried about taking a test. The next time they are scared to try a new sport. The next time they’re anxious about a change on the horizon. Their confidence in God builds, as they remember how He’s been with them through other joys and struggles.

When it comes to sharing our stories with others, whether it’s the woman at work, the friend down the street, or with family surrounding us, don’t worry what others will think or how they will react. God will handle that. Just obey and see what He does. Hearing about His faithfulness might be just the push they need to put their confidence in God, too.

Father, help me. I admit I’m afraid to talk about You sometimes. Strengthen me to be bold and share the wonderful ways You have changed my life and trust that You will use my story to change others’ lives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY

Joel 1:3, “Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation.” (NIV)

Judges 2:10, “That whole generation was also gathered to their ancestors. After them another generation rose up who did not know the LORD or the works He had done for Israel.” (HCSB)

REFLECT AND RESPOND

Do you make it a habit to remember God’s faithfulness? Take a moment to think about one way God helped you through yesterday. Share that with someone!

How can you weave bragging on God into part of your everyday conversations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ChyOmaa(f): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
emusmithy:

Hy dearie. How you doing? Could you call me or send me your num?

Long time cool

****modified****
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
TUESDAY 4TH APRIL,2017
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE NEW COVENANT III
MEMORISE: He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. Matthew 19:8
READ: Matthew 5:31-32 31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 8-9 & Jeremiah 7:8-26
MESSAGE: The paradigm shifts introduced by the Lord Jesus Christ ever since He came to reveal the perfect will of the Father to us are indeed numerous. One of these is in the area of divorce and remarriage. The Jewish leaders hated the teachings of Jesus and the change He came to introduce; for this reason, they wanted him dead fast! Indeed, no man ever spoke like Jesus did. The amazing thing is that these leaders believed they were doing the will of God by killing Him. John 11:49-50 says, "And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not." Just like these Jewish leaders of yesteryears, some church leaders and pastors today try to justify their error in the area of divorce and remarriage, thinking that they are doing what is expedient for themselves or for the parties concerned. In our Bible reading for today, in opposition to the accepted standard of His time, Jesus revealed the perfect will of God concerning this. Hear what He said: "But l say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." Matthew 5:32 In Matthew 19:3-10, when Jesus was confronted by the Pharisees on the issue of divorce as applied from the time of Moses, they were shocked to learn His standpoint on this matter. Jesus revealed to them that they had been living under the permissive will of God in this area (Matthew 19:cool, and He also reinforced what He had already said about divorce and remarriage in His Sermon on the Mount. Just as so many people are perplexed by this teaching today, even the disciples of Jesus were also perplexed by it (Matthew 19:10). However, that is the verdict of the new covenant. We have to accept the standard the Master has set and walk in it. Whoever has ears, let them hear what Jesus Christ is saying to those who want to enjoy the provision of the new covenant in His Blood.
PRAYER POINT: Father, help me to meet up to the standard of the requirements of the new covenant, and bless me through it, in Jesus’ Name.
HYMN 9 1. On a hill far away Stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suffering and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain: So I'II cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown.
2. O that old rugged cross, So despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left his glory above To bear it to dark Calvary. [Refrain]
3. In that old rugged cross, Stained with blood so divine, A wondrous beauty I see, For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, To pardon and sanctify me. [Refrain]
4. To that old rugged cross I will ever be true, Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then he'll call me some day To my home far away, Where his glory forever I'll share. [Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PrinzCarter(m): 1:27am On Apr 06, 2017
UjSizzle:
+1000000 likes.

Good one HBG smiley. Please lets help make this a success n for once come together united without our various religious doctrines getting in the way. See this as a common ground where we can leave our disagreements behind and form a strong family bond in Christ smiley.
are u a writer
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2017
PrinzCarter:
are u a writer
Err I won't call myself one.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PrinzCarter(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2017
UjSizzle:

Err I won't call myself one.
but u write
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
PrinzCarter:
but u write
Yes, I do.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mynd44: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
UjSizzle:

Yes, I do.
Hence you are a writer
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Hence you are a writer
No I'm not.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by xynerise: 9:34am On Apr 07, 2017
UjSizzle:

No I'm not.
Who is a writer?

Am I welcomed? smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2017
xynerise:

Who is a writer?

Am I welcomed? smiley
Someone who understands the craft.

Of course you are. Tea? smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by xynerise: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
UjSizzle:

Someone who understands the craft.

Of course you are. Tea? smiley

Yes, a custard paint filled tea, please.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2017
SUNDAY 9TH APRIL,2017
THE PRICE OF DISCIPLESHIP
MEMORISE: Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:29 READ: Luke 9:23-26 23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 17-18 & Jeremiah 10:1 -16
MESSAGE: After giving your life to Christ, you need to go further in your walk with God bybecoming a disciple. Many children of God these days don't know that discipleship has a price. They don't even know that Jesus Christ, the Master, has a yoke that they must share with Him. The early disciples, with great difficulty, got to understand this truth on the eve of the crucifixion. While agonising over the inevitable death on the Cross, Jesus Christ asked the disciples to pray and watch along with Him, but instead, they slept. Matthew 26:40-41 says: "And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." We are so blessed to have a Master who knows our frame. He knows that the flesh is weak, even though the spirit is willing. Our willingness to share in His yoke qualifies us to be His disciples. Today, many people don't want to be taught this aspect of the gospel. They prefer the doctrine of relativism, which teaches that the end justiers the means. Those things that the Lord Jesus Christ abhorred are being courted by some so-called believers today. This should not be so! In our Bible reading today, Jesus Christ gives a vivid description of the price we must pay to be true disciples of His. ln Luke 9:23-24, He said: "...lf any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." This is the price of discipleship. There are many so-called "disciples" today who are far from being disciples. Many cannot even deny their ungodly friends, not to talk of denying themselves. They hold tenaciously to the world contrary to the word in 1 John 2:15-17 which says: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." Beloved, are you a true disciple of Jesus Christ or do you want to be one? Ponder on these things and don't deceive yourself. Always remember what the Holy Spirit said to us in 2 Timothy 2:12: "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us."
PRAYER POINT: Father, the grace to follow You in spirit and in truth, please give to me today.
HYMN 14: Take my life and let it be Consecrated, Lord, to thee. Take my moments and my days; Let them flow in endless praise, Let them flow in endless praise.
Take my hands and let them move At the impulse of thy love. Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for thee, Swift and beautiful for thee.
Take my voice and let me sing Always, only, for my King. Take my lips and let them be Filled with messages from thee, Filled with messages from thee.
Take my silver and my gold; Not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use Every power as thou shalt choose, Every power as thou shalt choose.
Take my will and make it thine; lt shall be no longer mine. Take my heart it is thine own; lt shall be thy royal throne, it shall be thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, | pour At thy feet its treasure store. Take myself, and I will be Ever, only, all for thee, Ever, only, all for thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: MONDAY 10TH APRIL 2017
THEME: THE KING IS COMING
Memorise: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thessalonians 4:16 Read: Acts 1:9-11 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
MESSAGE One of the reasons why there is spiritual decadence in the Church today is the loss of focus on the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus knew this would happen and for this reason, He gave us the parable of a king who went on a journey to a far country, leaving behind his servants to work and await his return (Luke 19:12-27). Our King is coming back to be the Judge of both the living and the dead. As a preview of the nature of the judgement He will declare against those who rejected His Lordship over their lives, Luke 19:27 says, "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." Beloved, this will not be your portion in Jesus' Name. However, you must always remember that our King is coming, and you must also remember what He is coming to do. This attitude will guide you on how to comport yourself in readiness for His return. Do not be deceived by the error of those who claim that Jesus Christ will not come again or that He has already come in the spirit. These are all lies of the devil. The angels who addressed the early disciples after Jesus was taken up to Heaven said this to them in Acts 1:11: "...this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." You can therefore rest assured in your heart that Jesus will surely come back. Our Lord Jesus Christ is coming to put the devil where he belongs (Revelation 20:10). All the angels that fell along with the devil, referred to as demons, will also partake of the eternal damnation that will befall him (Matthew 25:41). Our King is also coming to give rewards to every believer according to his or her works. The Lord in Revelation 22:12 says, "And, behold, l come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Beloved of God, ensure you are one of those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. If your name is already there, work hard to receive commendation and a good reward from the Master. lf you labour for the expansion of God's Kingdom through evangelism and witnessing or through giving and intersession, you can be sure you will not miss your reward when the King returns.
Prayer Point: Father, at the second coming of your Son, Jesus Christ, may l not be put to shame. Please give me the grace to be watchful as I live according to your word.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leviticus 19-20 Jeremiah 10:17-11:8
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER
Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus Daily let me go; Higher, higher in the school of wisdom, More of grace to know.
Refrain: O deeper yet, I pray, And higher every day, And wiser, blessed Lord, ln Thy precious, holy Word.
Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit, Take me deeper still, Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus, And His perfect will. [Refrain]
Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials, Deeper let me go! Rooted in the holy love of Jesus, Let me fruitful grow. [Refrain]
Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus, Till all conflict past, Finds me conqu'ror, and in His own image Perfected at last. [Refrain]
Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus, Holy faith and true; In His pow'r and soul exulting wisdom Let me peace pursue. [Refrain]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
TUESDAY 11TH APRIL,2017
DIVINE VISITATION I
MEMORISE: And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. Genesis 21 :1
READ: Genesis 18:1-10
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 21:22 & Jeremiah 11:9-23
MESSAGE: Our God is a benevolent God; when He visits an individual, He does not come empty-handed. If you are privileged to receive a visitation from Him, you can be sure you are in for pleasant surprises. My prayer for you is that God in His infinite mercy will visit you today in Jesus' Name. When Abraham entertained three strange men in his tent, little did he know that they were messengers of the benevolent God. Take a closer look at all the effort Abraham put in just to entertain visitors he could ordinarily have regarded as casual passersby. Genesis 18:6-7 says, "And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it." From this passage, it is obvious that Abraham engaged his entire household in making these visitors comfortable. There are many lessons you can learn from Abraham's experience which will make it possible for you to enjoy the blessing of receiving a divine visitation. First, you must be hospitable if you want to experience a divine visitation. Concerning this, the Holy Spirit in Hebrews 13:2 says, "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." God visits those who share His attribute of generosity. God is so generous that He gave His only begotten Son as a ransom for our sins. Consequently, He became the Father of millions of people who were once alienated from Him. Secondly, when you are showing generosity or hospitality, you must do it willingly, and not as if you are being constrained to do it. The angelic visitors would not have waited if they had noticed unwillingness in Abraham, his wife or his men in receiving them. It was after the strange visitors had eaten their fill that they delivered the message they brought from God. Angels don't eat human food, so how come these ones ate the food Abraham served them (Genesis 18:cool? This can only be explained by the sovereignty of the Almighty God. They were transformed and given a human nature in order to be able to eat, so as to teach us valuable lessons. One of these lessons is that when God requests for your tithe, offerings or your first-fruits, it is because He wants to set you up for a divine visitation in your business or chosen career. Be wise!
PRAYER POINT: Father, please visit me with Your awesome presence today.
HYMN 10: 1. There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.
Chorus: Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need; Mercy drops 'round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing- Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain. [Chorus]
3. There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come and now honor Thy word. [Chorus]
4. There shall be showers of blessing: Oh, that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we call! [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
WEDNESDAY 12TH APRIL 2017
DIVINE VISITATION II
MEMORISE: Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people Luke 1:68
READ: Jeremiah 29:10-11 10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. 11 For I know the thoughts that l think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 23-24 & Jeremiah 12
MESSAGE: ''And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother. And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people." Luke 7:14-1 6 The account of events in the above passage of Scripture is indicative of what a divine visitation looks like. Divine visitation with its attendant supernatural occurrences brings joy to the heart of those visited. I pray that God will visit you today and your joy shall be full in Jesus' Name. In our Bible text today, Prophet Jeremiah gave a revelation concerning the future deliverance of Israel from bondage. He prophesied that this would be realised by the power of divine visitation. When God comes visiting, He comes with deliverance from bondage and servitude like He did when He visited the children of Israel in Egypt (Exodus 4:31). When the children of Israel, because of their spiritual decadence found themselves in Babylonian bondage again, His love for His friend, Abraham their father, compelled Him to promise another divine visitation. In Jeremiah 29:10, He sent His word to them in Babylon saying: "For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place." Also, Zacharias, the father of John the Baptist, prophesied under the influence of the Holy Spirit about the coming of redemption to Israel through yet another divine visitation (Luke 1:68). Divine visitation brought salvation to mankind, when God personally came in the form of man to dwell among us, suffered, died and rose again so that we may obtain salvation (1 Timothy 3:16). Beloved, do you want a divine visitation of salvation? Jesus Christ says this to you today: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, | will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 Open the door of your heart to him today, accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour, and He will come in right away and give you the gift of salvation.
PRAYER POINT: Lord Jesus, please visit me today, make Your abode in my life and give me Your gift of salvation.
HYMN 11: I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; no turning back, no turning back.
Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; No turning back, no turning back.
My cross I'II carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'Il carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'Il carry, till I see Jesus; No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, The cross before me; The world behind me, the cross before me; The world behind me, The cross before me; No turning back, no turning back.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Explorers(m): 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by VickyRotex(f): 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Culled from Proverbs 31 Ministries

He Knows Your Name
Katy McCown
KATY MCCOWN
April 11, 2017

“‘Mary!’ Jesus said. She turned to him and cried out, ‘Rabboni!’ (which is Hebrew for ‘Teacher’).” John 20:16 (NLT)

After circling this issue for months, we found ourselves at a crossroads, and the decision fell to a family vote.

We gathered around the table and posed the question weighing on all of our minds, What should we name this baby boy?

Deep into my pregnancy with our fifth child, we struggled to find a name. My husband, Luke, and I narrowed the options down to three names but still needed help picking the name. That’s when we called on the voices of the older siblings. One by one, they raised their hands to establish where they stood on the matter.

After everyone had their say, we ended up with a unanimous vote for the name Isaiah — well, almost unanimous. One brother voted for Jesus on a write-in ballot — but we went with the majority.

I love remembering the stories of how we named each of our kids. I still love saying their names. It's so much more than a word to me. It's a declaration of who they are and how much I love them. It's a connection between their hearts and mine.

Our key verse records a moment in history when one woman heard her name. Oh, I’m sure she’d heard her name leave the lips of many people in her lifetime. But in the darkness of this morning, many centuries ago, I expect it sounded different than she’d ever heard it before.

This special morning, some women approached an empty tomb. The rolled-back stone surprised them. They mourned, afraid someone had taken their Lord to a place they didn't know. “But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb” (John 20:11, ESV).

As the story unfolds, the tomb Mary once thought empty becomes suddenly consumed with the brilliance of two angels. She explained to them her sorrow, then turned to meet Jesus face to face, yet she did not even know it.

“Jesus said to her, 'Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?' Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, 'Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away’" (John 20:15, ESV).

I imagine her hysterical. Shoulders sobbing. Eyes clouded with sorrow. Words pouring from her broken heart. Pleading, begging, anything to find her Lord.

In a moment so raw, Jesus could have done anything. He could have opened up the heavens and called on a chorus of angels. He could have announced His triumphant victory over death in a booming voice. He could have made the earth beneath her feet shake.

But in the very first revelation of Himself — following the greatest victory in the history of the world — Jesus chose to speak to one woman, personally: “Jesus said to her, 'Mary.' She turned and said to him in Aramaic, 'Rabboni!' (which means Teacher)" (John 20:16).

Sometimes, it’s easy to wonder what Easter has to do with our everyday reality. It can feel so big. Like God so loved the whole world kind of big. And God does love the whole world! So much that He sent Jesus to be our salvation.

But today I pray you hear Jesus calling your name. I pray you see Jesus looking into your eyes. And that you can recognize His voice, in the midst of a noisy world, just like this personal, intimate moment shared between the God of the Universe and His daughter. Sometimes, God loves the whole world by loving one life at a time.

Maybe you're like my daughter who, in the midst of all of the baby naming, questioned whether she’d still have the same name when she grew up. She worried she might not always be my child and wondered if the curve balls of life might strip her of the title of Annah, the daughter I named. The daughter I love so deeply.

I reassured her, "Yes! Annah will always be your name. And I will always be your mom. No matter where you go or how big you grow, that will never change.”

God knows your name — no matter how far you’ve traveled. God knows your name, and He’s calling it today.

Dear God, help me recognize Your voice this Easter. Empower me to experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully, so I can know with confidence when You speak to me personally. Make me complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY

Isaiah 43:1, “But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.'” (NKJV)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
THURSDAY 13TH APRIL,2017
l WILL PAY YOU YOUR WAGES
MEMORISE: Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 25 & Jeremiah 13:1-14
READ: Exodus 2:1-9
MESSAGE: Many people who are blessed with the gift of children are not conscious of the fact that children are the heritage of the Lord, meaning that God is their rightful owner, and they are gifts from Him. This is why an adage from my village says "Rich people cannot flnd children to buy in the market." What money cannot buy can only be obtained from the Almighty God. What then should be the attitude of parents to these priceless gifts? The answer can be seen in the story of the birth, adoption and upbringing of Moses, the child who later became the mouthpiece of the Almighty God. Moses was born at a time when Pharaoh had commanded that every newborn male child should be immediately killed. His mother tried to hide him for three months, but when he could no longer be hidden, she decided to drop him off by the bank of River Nile. Pharaoh's daughter picked him up from there and adopted him as her own. By God's providence, the princess gave Moses to a nurse who happened to be his mother. Hear what the princess said to her: "Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the woman took the child, and nursed it." Exodus 2:9b There are many lessons we can learn from this story. By adoption, Moses was the child of Pharaoh's daughter, but she gave him over to a nurse to nurture him for her. This mirrors God's divine arrangement, whereby He, being the owner of children, hands them over to parents to nurture them for Him. ln other words, just as the princess told Moses' mother, "nurse this child for me", God is also saying to parents, "nurse this child for Me." The princess also told Moses' mother that she would pay her wages for a job well done. God is equally telling parents that if they properly nurture children for Him and not for themselves, He will reward them well. lt is unfortunate that many parents are nursing God's heritage for themselves or the devil; hence, they are getting their wages from the flesh or from the devil. This is the reason why many children have turned out to be a curse to their parents - breaking their hearts because the parents nursed the children for themselves and not for the Lord. On the other hand, godly parents who train their children to fear the Lord are paid the wages of peace of mind from God at old age. The children of such parents prosper under the grace of Jesus, which they have been exposed to from infancy, and they are battle axes in the hands of their original Owner, the Almighty God.
PRAYER POINT: Father, give me wisdom to nurse the children You have divinely placed in my care, and may I not miss my reward for nursing them according to Your counsel
HYMN I6: God give us Christian homes! Homes where the Bible is loved and taught, Homes where the Master's will is sought, Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes; God give us Christian homes! God give us Christian homes! Homes where the father is true and strong, Homes that are free from the blight of wrong, Homes that are joyous with love and song;
God give us Christian homes; God give us Christian homes! God give us Christian homes! Homes where the mother, in caring quest, Strives to show others Your way is best, Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;
God give us Christian homes; God give us Christian homes! God give us Christian homes! Homes where the children are led to know Christ in His beauty who loves them so, Homes where the altar flres burn and glow; God give us Christian homes; God give us Christian homes!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SINZ: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2017
You left without saying goodbye before, I tried to find you but you kept yourself hidden. If you wanted, you would've simply told me who you are either via PM but you didn't. I suspected severally that its you but you wiped your ass with my feelings when you snubbed my mentions. So why the hell did you invite me to your send-off party? You do not value your friends, I do. That's why I atleast tried to find you. So when next you wanna disappear, don't be a biitch about it. Kindly keep me out of it. Thank you.

Cc: masikay niyuu or whatever the fvck you choose to call yourself when next you return.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
FRIDAY 14TH APRIL,2017
CHANGE YOUR WAYS
MEMORISE: Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: Matthew 3:8
READ: Acts 3:13-19
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 26-27 & Jeremiah 13:15-27
MESSAGE: Since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, hypocrisy has been a character trait of mankind. For this reason, God has continuously reached out to man with the message of living a changed life. The Mosaic Law was all about making the Israelites live a life that was different from that of all the other nations around them, a life of change which conforms to God's expectation. At different points in time, when they erred from the Mosaic Law, God still sent prophets to them with the message of change. One of such prophets was Ezekiel. Speaking through him, the Lord demanded that His people repent and change from their hypocritical ways (Ezekiel 14:6). The Lord also spoke through Prophet Ezekiel about the change of life He would bring about by the regeneration of the human spirit through Christ (Ezekiel 36:25-27). When this prophecy was to be fulfilled, the Lord sent John the Baptist to preach the baptism of repentance. However, John discovered that some people were just coming religiously for baptism without any intention of changing their ways, and he had this to say to them: "Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." Matthew 3:8-9 The apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ also had the message of change forming the central theme of the gospel they preached. In spite of the demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit with signs and wonders, the apostles did not mince words in declaring heaven's demand for a change of life to the people of their day. Peter in Acts 3:19 boldly declared thus: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord," It is sad, however, that many modern-day preachers have deleted the message of change from their sermons because they would not want to be "offensive" to modern minds. What such preachers fail to realise is that the message of change is the only hope for the world. The message of change brings repentance, and repentance brings times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord. I therefore beseech you to effect the necessary changes befitting of a Christian pilgrim in your life today. Remember, tomorrow may be too late!
PRAYER POINT: Father, grant me the grace to change my crooked ways, and give me the strength of character to walk with You on the straight and narrow path all the days of my life.
HYMN 11: I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; no turning back, no turning back.
Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; Though none go with me, I still will follow; No turning back, no turning back.
My cross I'II carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'Il carry, till I see Jesus; My cross I'Il carry, till I see Jesus; No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, The cross before me; The world behind me, the cross before me; The world behind me, The cross before me; No turning back, no turning back.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL... DATE: SATURDAY 15TH APRIL 2017
THEME: AND HE SPENT ALL
Memorise: There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. Proverbs 11:24
Read: Luke 15:11-14 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons: 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
MESSAGE Many people do not know that the act of giving has principles that must be followed in order to get rewarded for it by God. Due to their ignorance, such people have become discouraged from giving because they had given in times past without getting the results which they rightfully expected. The truth of the matter is: giving has principles, and unless you follow these principles, you will have no result for your giving. For example, if you sow your corn or wheat on the sea, you will definitely get nothing. Therefore, we must learn the principles of giving in order to have the desired results for our giving. God will never owe any man; He gave us His word of assurance on this in Hebrews 6:10: "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister." However, you must know the type of ground you sow your seed into. For example, it is an exercise in futility to sow your seed into a church ministry where the more money comes in, the more women the leader acquires to his pleasure. Also, when you give to a ministry which you know diverts your seeds into private estates and into taking care of the body instead of using it for winning souls, do not expect any reward from God. Apart from being selective of the type of causes you give to, you must also learn to give intelligently. ln today's Bible reading, the prodigal son took all that he had, left the environment of accountability and spent everything recklessly. The result of his wild lifestyle is glaring in Luke 15:14: "And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want." It is an established truth that giving brings blessings upon the giver (Proverbs 11:24a). The Lord Jesus Christ Himself established this in His teachings (Luke 6:38). However, there is another truth we also need to pay close attention to in Proverbs 11:24b, which says: "...and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty" In other words, though we are not expected to "spend all", we must not fall into the error of conserving more than is necessary. This is the word of God. Those who live a lifestyle of spending their all always become a nuisance to the body of Christ through excessive borrowing. Learn from the story of the seven years of plenty and the strategy of conservation given by Joseph against the succeeding seven years of famine (Genesis 41 :33-36). Also, learn from the ants how to manage your resources prudently (Proverbs 6:6-cool. May God give you wisdom along this line, so that you can spend and give wisely.
Prayer Point: Father, give me wisdom to manage the resources You have entrusted to my hands.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 1-2 Jeremiah 14:1-12
HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING There shall be showers of blessing: This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, Sent from the Savior above.
Chorus: Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need; Mercy drops 'round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.
There shall be showers of blessing- Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound of abundance of rain. [Chorus]
There shall be showers of blessing: Send them upon us, O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing; Come and now honor Thy word. [Chorus]
There shall be showers of blessing: Oh, that today they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, Now as on Jesus we call! [Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: SUNDAY 16TH APRIL 2017
THEME: GRIEVE NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT
Memorise: And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30 Read: Acts 5:1-6 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 5:6 Ancl the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
MESSAGE One of the attributes of the Holy Spirit that confirms to us that He is a person is that He can be grieved. Indeed, the Holy Spirit can be abused to the point of being grieved. At this point, He can decide to show His Almightiness like the other two personalities of the Godhead. This is the reason why Apostle Paul admonished us not to grieve the Holy Spirit of God (Ephesians 4:30). There are many reasons why it is dangerous to grieve the Holy Spirit. One of such reasons is located in today's memory verse. We are sealed unto the day of redemption by the precious Holy Spirit in our lives. This seal serves as a covering that shields us from the activities of Satan and his cohorts. If you make your Covering annoyed to the extent that He deserts you, in that case you will be left without a shield protecting you against evil spirits. This is very dangerous because we cannot pass through this world of evil as pilgrims without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. Another reason why it is dangerous to grieve the Holy Spirit is that His wrath could be very devastating. The story in today's Bible text confirms that no man can withstand His wrath. Ananias and Sapphira his wife grieved the Holy Spirit and they were punished by death. What did they do to grieve the Holy Spirit? They lied to Him. Many so-called believers would regard this as a "simple lie", but it was enough to grieve the Holy Spirit, and He struck them dead. Cooperating with a liar can also grieve the Holy Spirit as in the case of Sapphira, Ananias' wife. It is dangerous to keep company with liars because the same punishment meted out to the original liar would be received by the accomplice. In times past, Christians used to be persecuted in various establishments because they would not cooperate with liars who would get to work at 10 a.m. but register 7 a.m. as their resumption time. Today, some Christians are doing worse, even in Church offlces. Rebelling against the Lordship of the Holy Spirit over your life is another way through which He can be grieved. When you get to a point where you refuse to take instructions from the voice of the Holy Spirit within you, then you have rebelled against His Lordship. The Bible in Isaiah 63:10 says, "But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them." Beloved, let us heed the admonition of Paul and desist from grieving the Holy Spirit by all means.
Prayer Point: Father, please pardon me in any way I have grieved Your Holy Spirit, and give me the grace never to do so again until I see you in glory.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 3 Jeremiah 14:13-22
HYMN 15: THE COMFORTER HAS COME
O spread the tidings 'round, Wherever man is found, Wherever human hearts And human woes abound. Let every Christian tongue Proclaim the joyful sound: The Comforter has come!
Refrain: The Comforter has come! The Comforter has come! The Holy Ghost from heav'n, The Father's promise giv'n, O spread the tidings 'round, Wherever man is found: The Comforter has come!
The long, long night is past; The morning breaks at last; And hushed the dreadful wail And fury of the blast, As o'er the golden hills The day advances fast! The Comforter has come! [Refrain]
Lo, the great King of kings, With healing in His wings, To every captive soul A full deliv'rance brings; And thro' the vacant cells The song of triumph rings; The Comforter has come! [Refrain]
O boundless love divine! How shall this tongue of mine To wond'ring mortals tell The matchless grace divine - That I, a child of hell, Should in His image shine? The Comforter has come!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by davidotokiblog0: 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.