Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830350 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST, 2017

THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT

MEMORISE:
“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.” Luke 12:47

READ:
Matthew 25: 24-30

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 8-10 & Ezekiel 30:20-31:9

An unprofitable servant is generally identified as a steward that fails to put his or her talents to profitable use for his or her master. He or she is a wasteful person who is pleased to keep the master’s investment from yielding any profit. Among all the servants mentioned in the Bible, it was only the unprofitable servant that had the disrespectful behaviour of complaining and bringing charges against his lord. He had the audacity to accuse his master to his face of being a difficult and greedy person, wanting to reap where he did not sow! He created the impression that his master had all along been wicked, unfair and insensitive. Although the unprofitable servant tried to portray himself as a humble and obedient servant, he ended up giving himself off as self- righteous person, who had mastered the art of making excuses to cover up for slothfulness and failure. Trying to justify himself, he falsely argued that he became indolent and unproductive out of fear for his master. He forgot that a master’s commandment is a servant’s duty. As a matter of fact, a servant always owes a debt of service to his or her master (Luke 17:7-10). The unprofitable servant tried so hard to justify himself but he failed woefully. God is not mocked; the excuses you have prepared to use on the Day of Judgment will not stand the test of His scrutiny.
Brethren, every excuse that we give for failure to obey the commandments of God with regards to the use of our talents is simply evidence of rebellion against God. The excuse that the unprofitable servant gave is the common plea of many Christians today, who complain that the Almighty God has no right to demand for the use of their time, money and ability for the promotion of His Kingdom. If you fail to put your God-given talents to profitable use, on the day of reckoning, you will hear the denunciation pronounced against the unprofitable servant: “Take therefore the talent from him!” I pray that you will never receive words of condemnation from God in Jesus’ Name. Many would ask, “What wrong have I done?” Search your heart. Have you fixed your Lord’s money in huge deposits and savings accounts, or tied up His investment in properties, exotic cars, exclusive furniture and an expensive lifestyle, all the while leaving souls to perish in their sins? Do you prefer to bury your talents out of selfishness because you care more about yourself and less about God and the expansion of His Kingdom? Have you deliberately refused to put God’s endowments in your life to profitable use; thereby causing the benefits and profits due to God and man to be totally lost? To be commended by the Master, we need to repent of our selfish lifestyle and yield to God in complete obedience.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to serve You profitably to the end in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
*Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Olutoladan(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Kindly help answer this questions. It's a survey question that aims to know about Christians youth relationship

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5Gzp2MAZmmz1MsHRRe3RQFyaIi9H_97KpJLUvboJAhUA14g/viewform
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2017

SATURDAY 26TH AUGUST, 2017

THE REWARD OF PROFITABLE STEWARDSHIP

MEMORISE:
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

READ:
Matthew 25:14-23

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 11-12 & Ezekiel 31:10-18

Christianity entails total submission to the will of God as revealed in His word. A Christian must view God as the ultimate Owner of everything, who decides to delegate and distribute a certain measure of His resources to each and every person according to their ability, for the purpose of making profit. In reality, all that we own isn’t really ours; they are blessings that have been graciously bestowed on us by the Lord (John 3:27). For all that God has given to us, there’s an expectation that comes along with them. The word “stewardship”, summarises this arrangement. A steward is a special servant employed to oversee and manage the affairs of the household according to the dictates of the owner. He or she is simply a servant who has been entrusted with the authority to make decisions on behalf of his or her master. All purchases pertaining to the running of a household are made by the steward. Even some very important decisions are made by the steward. For example, Abraham entrusted his steward, Eliezer of Damascus, with the crucial responsibility of choosing a wife for his son Isaac (Genesis 24:2-4). A true Christian operates under the same dynamics today. As a steward over the heritage of God, you should be able to operate without supervision. Everything you do should be done as unto the Lord. You should make certain that the resources you are entrusted with are put to proper use for God and not for personal gain. As God’s steward, you should do everything to ensure that the Lord’s resources are carefully deployed to accomplish His agenda. A steward is a trustworthy ambassador that sometimes stands in the place of God to make decisions and take action that could have far-reaching effects on people’s lives. Christian stewardship is therefore an awesome responsibility that should be handled with utmost care. May you never mishandle your responsibility as a representative of the Almighty God in Jesus’ Name.
God has very important assignments He wants to execute in this world, and He has entrusted some of these into your hands. One of such assignments is the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20). God has chosen you as His primary tool to accomplish this awesome task, and He has appointed and equipped you to carry His message of salvation to those who are lost in sin. You must therefore take up this responsibility and fulfil the heartbeat of God. In conclusion, here in this world, there are innumerable benefits awaiting all obedient servants of God. However, the most important reward for profitable stewardship is to be a guest of Jesus at His marriage supper, and to stand before God’s throne to receive commendation and crown of life from the Master. You will make it in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to be worthy of the ultimate reward for profitable stewardship in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:

Ever, only, all for Thee
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2017

SUNDAY 27TH AUGUST, 2017

DON’T RESIST; RUN!

MEMORISE:
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20

READ:
2 Timothy 2:22-23
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 13-15 & Ezekiel 32:1-15

While it is important for you to admit your mistakes with a sorrowful heart, it is also important that you learn from these mistakes. Ask yourself: “How did I get here? What did I do wrong? How could I have avoided this outcome?” To live a triumphantly in this world you need to pay very close attention to what the word of God says and follow it to the letter. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says you should steadfastly resist the devil, so if you resist, but do not steadfastly resist, you will surely fall. On the other hand, in 1 Corinthian 6:18, we are commanded to flee fornication. In this case, God does not require resistance from you, but that you should take to your heels! If you then try to resist instead of running, you will surely fall. Similarly, 2 Timothy 2:22 says,
“Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
Clearly, there is a time to stand and a time to run. If you stand when you should run, you will most likely fall.
Sometime ago, I told male pastors not to have female secretaries, but some of them who thought they were wiser than I, called it gender discrimination. I told them that after they had become casualties of their wrong decisions, they would remember that I had earlier warned them. One of my very good sons, who knew the Bible very well, hired a female secretary. I asked him, “What are you doing? How can you be in the same office with this lady smiling at you? Eventually, you will end up working late with her. Go and ease her out.” He dragged his feet on this. Today, this same person is out of the ministry, out of his home and jobless. If not that he lives in a country where the government provides food for the jobless, he would have starved. Some leaders are still toying with danger. Some piglets once asked the mother pig, “Why are you always grunting?” the mother pig replied, “When you are as old as I am, you will know why.” Avoid any source of temptation! Resist when you should and run when you should. Some people take it as an act of cowardice to run from those they feel sexually attracted to. No! It is not cowardice, it is wisdom! God knows how he wired your body, so if He says you should run in a particular situation, please run for your dear life!

ACTION POINT:
The Bible has the antidote to every situation; apply it diligently and you will never fall

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2017

MONDAY 28TH AUGUST, 2017

BUILDERS FOR GOD

MEMORISE:
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58

READ:
Nehemiah 2:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 16-18 & Ezekiel 32:16-28

A builder is a person who is capable of handling the design, planning and construction of a building project. A builder is obligated to execute a building project in compliance with the specification of the blueprint he or she has been given. Throughout the Bible, terms like building, foundation, house, temple, building block and cornerstone, are used figuratively. For example, the Bible presents God as a Builder in Hebrew 11:10, while 1 Corinthians 3:11 presents the Christian faith as a building which has Jesus Christ as the foundation. Consequently, ministers of the gospel are co-builders with God and also builders (1Corinthians 3:9). Similarly, the duties and responsibilities of a minister of God can be compared to that of a builder in many ways. A builder should be a wise person who is skilled in the art and science of construction. Likewise, a minister of the gospel should be skilled in the art of building souls of men. No ignorant preacher should be given this sensitive assignment. A builder takes special care to lay the right foundation and select the right materials to make the building well suited for the foundation. In like manner, a minister of God must be mindful of the material they use in building the Church of God. Christ is our Living Foundation who requires the use of living stones for building the Church (1 Peter 2:5-6). Sometimes, a builder must first pull down an old structure and remove the resultant debris before laying a new foundation. Ministers of the gospel must all pull down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and remove the debris of many errors, indiscipline, false doctrines and damnable heresies.
There is an aspect of the building profession that involves creativity and craftsmanship. By these set of skills, much beauty, innovation, artistry, colour and style is achieved in a building project. Similarly, the introduction of creative ideas into various aspects of the work of the gospel has produced enviable results across the world. However, caution must be applied because the Bible views certain creative works as whitewashed sepulchres (Matthew 23:27). The decision to accept or reject any creative work is not driven by the work itself, but is determined by the spirit that motivates the worker. Fine craftsmen can prostitutes their talents by producing beautiful idols. The Church of God is a work in progress and every Christian is duty-bound to make their contributions in compliance with the blueprint of Jesus and according to God’s specifications. Let everyone take heed and watch how they build on the foundation of Jesus Christ!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please don’t let me suffer loss in life and ministry; let my efforts and contributions to the advancement of the gospel be rewarded in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
Take my moments and my days,

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2017

TUESDAY 29TH AUGUST, 2017

CHOSEN FOR DIVINE PURPOSE

MEMORISE:
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;
1 Peter 2:9

READ:
Acts 17:24-31

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 19-21 & Ezekiel 32:29-33:9

Many Christians interpret today’s memory verse with the notion that God favors some individuals or groups of people over others. This idea eventually developed into the doctrine of “Election”, which suggest that some people are predestined for salvation and others for damnation. Consequently, this doctrine of election has raised a lot of difficult questions in the minds o several people. Why should a just and loving God favor certain individuals or groups of people over others? Why should a loving God command the elimination of some people without mercy? A proper and diligent study of the Bible would lay these questions to rest permanently. Even a cursory look at the word of God shows clearly that God is good to all. He is not partial; neither is He a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34).
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
The above scripture makes it clear that Jesus was given for all men and woman from all nations on the face of the earth, and anyone who believes in Him will obtain salvation. Therefore, those with warped interpretations of Scriptures that present our God in bad light, all in the name of “theology”, are not speaking the mind of God. Through the manifestation of Jesus Christ, the whole world, without exception, stands before God with equal opportunity and access to the grace, mercy, favor and love of God. Romans 10:13 says,
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
No matter who you are, you can come to Jesus with boldness and He will never reject or turn you down. The statement in 1 Peter 2:9 is therefore absolutely correct for everyone who has accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives. If you are one of such people, you can say with certainty that you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a member of a holy nation. You are specially chosen to live in holiness and righteousness, to show forth the glory of God in all ramifications of life, and to live in good health, joy and peace. Since you have been chosen for divine purpose, I pray that you will surely fulfill your destiny in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:
Thank God for who you are in Christ Jesus as revealed in 1 Peter 2:9. Confess each of the titles that describe your standing in Christ in this verse on Scripture.

HYMN 8:
Great is thy faithfulness, O God my father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou for ever will be

Refrain
Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness, mercy and love
Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.
Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2017

WEDNESDAY 30TH AUGUST, 2017

SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT

MEMORISE:
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4

READ:
Romans 15:4-5
4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 22-24 & Ezekiel 33:10-20

We are blessed to have a God that does not desert those who belong to Him. In Hebrew 13:5, God promised never to leave nor forsake His own. The divine presence of the Great Shepherd strengthens His sheep, so much so that they entertain no fear. If you are His sheep, He is always with you; even when you cannot feel Him. Do you know that in those moments when it appears as if God has gone on a journey, He is much more around you than you can imagine? When He promised to be with us always, He was not joking (Matthew 28:20). Are you a sheep of the Great Shepherd? Are you feeling lonely or does it appear that God has forsaken you? He has not. He is right there by your side. He can hear your voice and your whisper. He can even hear your unvoiced wishes, and He will answer you. However, do everything to remain His sheep. Remain within His fold and shun every temptation to stray to the left or right.
If Jesus is the shepherd of your soul, you will not lack comfort because He has promised to comfort you through His rod and staff (Psalm 23:4). No one can make it through this pilgrim’s way without the comfort of the Great Shepherd. One way we receive comfort today, as followers of Jesus Christ, is through the Holy Spirit. Hence, John 14:16 says,
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”
When you go through loss or experience some very painful situations, you need the comfort of the Spirit to restore you to a state of peace. The Holy Spirit is so good at this. If however you create a gulf between yourself and the Holy Spirit, how would you then be comforted in the time of need? From experience, the comfort you get from fellow human beings is grossly inadequate. Why? At best, man’s attempt at comforting you may satisfy mainly physical needs, but the comfort of the Holy Spirit can reach out to all areas of need, particularly the realm of the soul. Another way of accessing real soothing comfort is from the word of God. Romans 15:4 says that this kind of comfort does not only deal with the unrest in your heart, but also gives you hope. This is one reason why you should never be far from the Bible. The word of God inspires hope. If you feel hopeless, check yourself; you may find out that God’s word is scarce in your heart. Are you feeling hopeless or in need of comfort? Reach out for God’s word today.

KEY POINT:
One crucial time you need the comfort of the Holy Spirit is when you are passing through a wilderness experience.

HYMN 16:
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: A TARGET OF FORCES?

Memorise:
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Proverbs 6:2

Read: Genesis 35:16-19
35:16 And theyjourneyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
35:17 And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
35:19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

Blessings and curses are two of the most powerful forces on earth, even though they function in opposite ways. When present in any life, either of them can seriously affect the destiny of their recipient. Psalm 37:22 says,
"For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off."
What does this mean? It means that if God blesses you, there is nothing you desire that you cannot get. This is why I am amazed whenever l come across some of my children and they say to me, "Daddy, please pray for me", and when l respond saying "God bless you", they still ask me to further pray for them. I tell such people that l have already prayed the greatest prayer anyone can pray for them, because if God blesses someone, all his or her problems will be over. As a user of this devotional, I say to you, God bless you!
Proverbs 10:22 reveals the power of the blessings that God gives; it says,
''The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."
lf you are blessed of the Lord, you will definitely inherit the earth. You will have all you want. However, if you are cursed by God, you will find out that when God curses a person, that fellow will sooner or later become desolate. What is a curse? A curse is an invitation to all the forces in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to combine
forces and resources to work against a person, until he or she is completely destroyed. So when an individual is cursed, demons, men, animals and even the elements will work against that fellow. Let us consider the example of Rachel in Genesis 31:31-35. After Jacob served Laban, he finally left to return home. Then came Laban in hot pursuit after Jacob, and he caught up with him. Laban then said to him, "You have taken my two daughters and my cattle, and now you have equally stolen my idols." Jacob denied stealing the idols and said whoever stole them should die. Unknown to him, his beloved wife Rachel had stolen these idols and sat on them. They checked everywhere but the idols were not found. Jacob thereafter left Laban in annoyance. Later on, in Genesis 35:16-19, shortly after delivering her next child, Rachel died. The curse her husband had pronounced eventually worked against her. May you not use your own mouth to undo yourself or members of your family in Jesus' Name!

Key Point:
A curse makes a person the target of negative forces.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

I Chronicles 28-29
Ezekiel 33:30-34:10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His power and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SATURDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: IS YOUR CONSCIENCE ALIVE?

Memorise:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 1 Peter 3:16

Read: 2 Samuel 12:7-14
12:7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man` Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the
children of Ammon.
12:10 Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
12:12 For thou didst it secretly but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

A true representative of a good family will do everything possible to protect the name of that family. For this reason, Proverbs 22:1 says,
"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches and loving favour rather than silver than gold."
If you are a worthy child of God, you will do all you can to honour God's Name, and you will never bring it into disrepute. Honouring God's Name goes beyond lip service; God expects you to prove that you honour Him through your actions. In 1 Samuel 17:1-51, David was angry that an uncircumcised Philistine could boldly insult the God of Israel, and yet nobody could do anything about it. He therefore took up the challenge of defending God's Name. What have you done to defend or honour God's Name? In what way has your nation, state, community or even your workplace recognised the Lordship and greatness of God above all other gods because of your presence there? The patriarchs of old were not ashamed to stand for this same God, even at the cost of their lives (Hebrews 11:36-37). But how is it with you today? Are you even ashamed to publicly associate yourself with Jesus Christ, so that your peers and superiors will not look down on you?
If you truly hallow God's Name, then under no circumstance would you defile that Name. When someone looks at you and says, "How could you do this? And you call yourself a child of God!" Those words will go through you like a hot iron if your conscience is alive. If those words were spoken to you because you truly did err from the faith, you would feel pain in your heart, become miserable and feel ashamed of yourself. If indeed your conscience is alive, in such a moment, you would see yourself as a wretched sinner and immediately run to the cross of Calvary for
mercy and forgiveness. If your conscience is however dead, you may not feel a thing and just move on as if nothing ever happened. Is your conscience still alive? Does it warn you before you do any evil? Does it prick you when you sin? In 2 Samuel 11, David and Bathsheba fell into the sin of adultery. By the time Nathan confronted David over this evil act, he felt horrible. He was broken and in pain. God told him that his actions had brought shame and disgrace to His Name (2 Samuel 12:14). David genuinely repented, and God forgave him. At what stage do you realise you have sinned, and what is your response to this realisation?

Prayer Point:
Father, from now on, may I never bring shame to Your Name by my deeds.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 1-4
Ezekiel 34:11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2017

SUNDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER, 2017

DIVINE ORDER

MEMORISE:
Let all things be done decently and in order.
1 Corinthians 14:40

READ:
2 Thessalonians 3:6-12

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 5-6 & Ezekiel 34:25-35:15

Through the Lord's Prayer, we understand that everything that happens in Heaven is nothing short of God's will.

Matthew 6:10 says,
"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."
This implies that Heaven is not a place where you go and sin, disobey or do anything that God does not approve of. Heaven is not for haters of God but for those who truly love Him. For this reason, anyone who cannot fit into God's will on earth would not be allowed to pass through the gates of Heaven (Revelation 22:15). To enter into God's place of abode, God expects you to start living the life of Heaven right here on earth. It is possible to achieve this when you give your life to Jesus Christ and allow Him to live His life through you (Galatians 2:20). Therefore, if there is one thing you must do in order to make it to Heaven, it is to fit into God's plan for your life and pursue nothing short of His will, just as Jesus Christ did (John 4:34). lf you cannot walk in His will throughout your lifetime on earth, there is no way for you to get into Heaven.
ln the same vein, it is very important to do things in order. God is a God of order. To do things in order means to follow the format, principles and protocols laid down by a higher authority. There is order and protocol in Heaven. To do well in your race to Heaven, you need to understand and follow this divine order and protocol (1 Chronicles 15:12-13). Although the Bible says there is only one God, it further reveals that this God is in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. In John 10:30, Jesus declared that He and His Father are one, and yet while referring to the persons of the Trinity, in Matthew 28:19, He followed a certain order; He said:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
When we therefore baptize believers in Christ, it must be done following the order declared by the Lord Himself. We do not say because Jesus Christ has a Name that is above every other name, that the order should be changed to read: God the Son, God the Holy Spirit and God the Father. When you violate the law of order, you violate the will of God. Nothing is done just for fun in Heaven; everything there is done to reflect God's will, law or order. There is a divine arrangement in place in Heaven: God is on His throne, the four living beings come next, and then the 24 elders (Revelation 4:2-6). That is divine order. In serving God, you must do everything decently and in order. How compliant are you in this?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, grant me grace to live by Your principles in this world and to follow Your guidelines in all that I do.

HYMN 14:

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH ADEBOYE

MONDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE?

MEMORISE:
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately l conferred not with flesh and blood. Galatians 1:16

READ:
Acts 9:1-6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 7-8 & Ezekiel 36:1-15

Salvation is great, but you must ensure you are genuinely saved. After having a definite encounter with the Lord that leads to salvation, there are some signs that will confirm to you that your salvation is genuine. One of these signs is that your emphasis would no longer be on what Jesus can do for you, but what you can do for the Lord. The realisation of how close you were to Hell before God's mercy reached out to save you will birth a heart of gratitude in you the moment you are genuinely saved. You will then feel the urge to serve God wholeheartedly in order to reciprocate His love. Genuine salvation births heartfelt service. If you say you are born again and nothing ever prompts you on the need to work for Jesus, that salvation is questionable. In Acts 9:6, as soon as Saul had an encounter with Jesus on his way to Damascus, he asked the Lord, 'What do you want me to do?" Today, after people say they are saved, they only bombard heaven with their petitions and prayer requests. God will definitely meet your needs, but have you ever said, "Lord, thank You for the salvation of my soul. How can l show my gratitude for Your love? What can I do for the One who loved me and died for me?" If you ask the Lord these questions, He would most probably tell you the same thing He said in Mark 5:19b to the erstwhile mad man of Gadara:
"Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee."
Genuine salvation makes you more responsible and responsive to God. After I was saved, I wanted to know what I could do for Jesus, because God had opened my eyes to see how close I was to Hell, and He made me realise l was now on my way to Heaven. This is why l find it distasteful to hear that some people who have been saved for three years have never witnessed Jesus Christ to anyone. After I was saved, l could not keep it to myself. I was ready to tell all who cared to listen that I was saved. I was also ready to serve. On one of such occasions, one of my ex-students drove by me and saw me carrying a big basket of sawdust on my head, and he screamed in surprise that his lecturer could be doing that in a church at Ebute Metta, Lagos. The location of our church at this time was like a slum. However, that did not change anything about my desire to serve my Saviour and Redeemer. Does the realisation of the great things God has done for you motivate you to go the extra mile for Him in witnessing and giving? How committed are you to the expansion of God's Kingdom on earth? I urge you to become a responsible member of God's Kingdom today.

ACTION POINT:
As a mark of genuine appreciation for your salvation, lead some souls to Jesus today!

HYMN 14:

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by prosper21(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Just this August, news came out that Tasha Cobbs, the ‘Break Every Chain’ singer, had featuredAmerican rapper, Nicki Minaj on her new album and ‘hail yeah’, the internet broke lose over it. For days on stretch, people talked about it, castigated themselves, outrightly called out each other on posts to come argue over it, and yes, got angry andcussed out themselves online and offline.I watched as my brothers in the gospel shared their views and often than not, the ‘Judge not’ parlance was thrown up and down in many posts. The issue was indeed a sensation and I must say, it seems to be tops of what has broken the internet this year for days on stretch.Without getting into the argument of whether or notwhat Tasha Cobbs did by featuring Nicki Minaj is right or wrong, let me take you into some deep truths in God over things like this.I will kick off by letting you in on the fact that I am someone that has worked with many kinds of artistes – the ones you call secular and those you call gospel artistes. As always is the case with me, I usually want to get to the core of anything I am involved in.I have never liked the shallow sides of anything I get involved in. I have always preferred going deepinto it to get to its root, objectives, etc. I understandthat there is something behind everything. I go behind to see what that thing is so that when I come in front, I will see it as what it is, not as what it makes its self out to be or seem.So, what’s up with the collaboration thingy between Tasha and Nicki?I will tell you but before I do, we need to understand that Nicki is noted to have first called out to Tasha Cobbs two years ago after she watched Tasha’s performance on Sunday Best andhad outrightly let Tasha know that she’d like to be featured on her album with the instagram post below:“@tashacobbsleonard when you finish recording the album, come to my studio so I can put a 16 on one of these songs miss thing. Can’t wait for this to drop!”, Nicki wrote.Obviously, Tasha took her up on it and BOOM, herewe are with unarguably the biggest global debate this year in entertainment.I tried dodging from this one but here I am with this#EnoughSaidpiece on it. Why did I do so? Because I believe there is every need for us to haveclarity about things like this.For the fact that many people have said that only God has the final say in this issue, permit me to bring your notice to what God has put down with regards to the things we see today that confounds us like this.Truth is, if Christians would only search scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit give them deep revelations of things like this, we would be more of spectators than agitators over what has been settled in God’s word already.After being a spectator for days on end over this and desisting from speaking on it, this verse finallycame to me; “So when you see standing in the holyplace ‘the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—thenlet those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.” - Matthew 24:15-16Dear friend, do you know that these very words were spoken by Jesus? The next few paragraphs from LHT throws light into this:Jesus Christ referred to the “abomination of desolation” in Matthew 24:15, mentioning it as a sign of the end time just before His return to the earth. Jesus’ reference was to a prophecy originally given to Daniel (Daniel 12:11).“The Hebrew root for abomination is shaqats, which means ‘to be filthy,’ ‘to loath,’ ‘to abhor’” (“Abomination of Desolation,” International Standard Bible Encyclopedia). It is most often usedto describe idolatrous worship practices, especiallythose most offensive to a sense of decency and morality. The New Testament equivalent means “detestable.” Albert Barnes adds that the phrase the abomination of desolation “is a Hebrew expression, meaning an abominable or hateful destroyer” (notes on Matthew 24:15).Biblical prophecy often includes more than one fulfillment of a particular statement, and this is certainly the case with Daniel’s prophecy. By looking at previous fulfillments, we can learn more about what to expect...Dear friend, did you see the part that said that the abomination of desolation is something that is most offensive to a sense of decency and morality? Does this ring any bell around the image Nicki has portrayed so far and the argument people have about her not being the best choice forTasha’s collabo?Did you see that Jesus clearly said that the abominable would stand in the Holy Place and thatthis is a clear sign of His second coming?Daniel 9:26-27 refers to a prince who will destroy the city (Jerusalem) along with its temple and sacrifices, “and on the wings of abominations shallcome one who makes desolate.” Two chapters later there is another reference to an “abomination” in connection to the temple: “forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination thatmakes desolate” (11:31).What this means is that before the one (the prince) who makes desolate comes, forces from him shall appear and profane the ‘temples’…Are our bodies not God’s Temple? Ofcourse they are. Is our sister Tasha Cobbs God’s Temple? Yes she is. Do we feel she has stood with an abominable?Before you go crucifying her, please do know that what Judas Iscariot did by betraying Christ was abominable but without his betraying Jesus, Jesuswouldn’t have been crucified and then we would not get to have salvation. Even Jesus told him to do what he had to do quickly. Why? So that scriptures would be fulfilled!So, Tasha Cobbs featured Nicki and there is likelihood that other gospel artistes might do so too. Tell them to do it quickly, if they are the ones scripture says will be desecrated before the coming of the Lord, then let them do it for it will indeed be in fulfillment of the prophecy already written.Indeed, we are in the last days. Everything God said would happen before the return of Christ will happen. Dear Christian, why do we then fret and try to argue our soul out over issues like this? instead of fighting over these things, look at them from the place of God’s prophecy being fulfilled.No matter how much the other disciples must haveprayed to change Judas Iscariot’s deed of betraying Jesus, God wouldn’t have changed that. Judas was meant to do that so that prophesy would be fulfilled. God has the beginning and the end. Understand things from His superior point of view and rest your arguments.One thing I implore all who believe in God to do is to try not to argue things from the present alone. It is best if we see things as God does. A lot of what we see today have been written in scriptures. Whenthey occur, instead of arguing and cussing ourselves out, let’s allow the Holy Spirit show us where they stand in God’s word.If you are on the side of God Almighty, do realize that His is the supreme side. Even the abominable will all give way to His Truth. No need to fret, mehn. All you see today have already been written.Know thee the one who made it written without trying to make Him fit into the box of your own opinion or limited understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2017

TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

DESPERATION GENERATES OVERFLOW

MEMORISE:
And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD. 1 Samuel 2:21

READ:
1 Samuel 1:9-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 9:10 & Ezekiel 36:16-32

If you have a heart desire which you have asked for, but you are yet to receive it after a long time, it might just be that you are either not yet desperate or you are not desperate enough. The truth is, desperate people break all barriers, respect no decorum and refuse to take 'no' or 'wait' for an answer. In the end, desperate people often even get more than they bargained for, while the non-desperate sometimes barely receive the minimum desire they crave. Hannah's experience serves as an example of what desperation can produce in the life of a person. She was barren and she prayed for the fruit of the womb for several years but nothing happened. Instead, her mate mocked her even more; she then became desperate. In her desperation, she made a vow which provoked her miracle. Although she only asked for one child, her desperation gave her an additional five. She experienced an overflow! If you can take your desperation to the limits, you can get beyond your requests today.
Moreover, desperation can cause you to ask for the impossible. When you are desperate, you are not bothered about processes or possible means. You could ask for what most people will consider difficult, and you will get it. Elisha is a case in point. Elisha was desperate for the power of God, and so when he tendered his request, his master told him he had asked for a hard thing. What did he ask for? He requested a double portion of the Spirit upon his master. Elijah said that was a difficult request, but Elisha got it because he was desperate (2 Kings 2:9-15). How desperate are you? Do you believe God can do all things? Do you really believe that your request will not be difficult for God? Are you sick and trusting God for healing? My God has enough power to heal a whole nation in just one night. When the Israelites were leaving Egypt, none of them was feeble. Speaking about this, the Holy Spirit in Psalm 105:37 said:
"He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes."
Can you imagine that? These people had been beaten, tortured and bruised; yet, in one single night, all of them were healed! If He can heal a nation in one night, can't He heal your whole family at a go? Yes He can! However, how desperate is your desire for Him to do this? Are you ready to hold on to Him today and say, "Father, if You do not heal me, I won't let You go?" The Lord will visit you today, and your story will change for the best.

KEY POINT:
Desperate people are too hot to handle; even the devil gets out of their way.

HYMN 5:
1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Refrain:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
Refrain:

3. All glory to the risen Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
Refrain:

4. His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming Name of Jesus.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
WEDNESDAY 6TH SEPT., 2017
STOP DISHONOURING GOD!
MEMORISE:
Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. Psalm 66:2
READ:
1 Samuel 2:27-30
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 11-13 & Ezekiel 36:33-37:14
“ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." Malachi 3:8
In the above passage of Scriptures, God complained about His children, who had suddenly turned into robbers. How can a worker in the Church of God or a minister of God be a thief? How can you claim to be a born-again Christian and keep on stealing? Those who rob God are no ordinary thieves. Boy, such people are really brave! Their victim is not a fellow human being but God Himself. You can be certain that such people are the worst kind of thieves in the universe! Can you imagine that idolaters fear their idols so much that they do everything possible not to break their rules? If anything is dedicated to an idol, who would dare steal it? Yet, these people throw all caution to the wind and steal what is dedicated to the Most High and they expect Him to do nothing about it, because He is a God of mercy. This is bravery gone awry! Are you one of such “holy thieves”? are you defaulting in your tithes and offering?
In the same vein, there are some foolish and ignorant people, particularly in the universities who insult God and Jesus Christ occasionally. I know this because I used to be one of them before I got saved. The opposite of honour is disrespect. If you are not honouring God, it means you’re insulting Him. Everyone who robs God of first fruits dishonours God, and if you dishonour God, you can compel him to change His promises and plan for your life (Proverb 3:9). This was what happened to the house of Eli. Hear what the Lord told Eli in 1 Samuel 2:30:
“...I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”
May the Lord not change His great plan for your life. Do you honour Him? If you refuse to honor God, He will refuse to honour you. If you ignore Him, you will be of no consequence to him. At the end of the day, you will undo yourself by your refusal to comply with divine instructions. Refusal to honour God can turn the desirable into something detestable. It can push the good things of life that were at a person’s fingertips miles away from him or her. Dishonouring God can separate you temporarily or even permanently from your blessings. Have you been paying your first fruits yearly? How often do you honour God?
KEY POINT:
The instruction to honour the Lord is not a suggestion but a command.
HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.
2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]
3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]
4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
(Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
THURSDAY 7TH SEPT.,2017
A MOTIVATED MINDSET
MEMORISE:
“So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.” Proverbs 24:14
READ:
Haggai 1:12-15
12 Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the Lord their God had sent him, and the people did fear before the Lord.
13 Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.
14 And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,
15 In the four and twentieth day of the sixth month, in the second year of Darius the king.
Some people attend big Christian events for the sake of tradition, while some others attend because certain people are coming there. A crowd will often gather whenever there is an assembly where Jesus is present. If you attend such gatherings because of the crowd - just to belong or to show that you are current - you may not receive your desired blessings. In Mark 5:24-34, a crowd gathered around Jesus Christ on His way to Jairus’ house. For many of them, it was enough that they were in the crowd following Jesus, but right there in their midst, there was a woman who was not there because others were there; she was there because she so needed and desired to touch Jesus. She was determined in her heart that if only she could touch the hem of His clothes, she would receive her healing. She touched it and she was healed. That is what a motivated mindset can do. The Bible says she “came in the press behind”. She did not mind if people trampled on her, and she did not mind the pushing and shoving of the crowd; her singular focus was that she just had to touch the hem of the Master’s garment, no matter what it would take. To understand how motivated she was, you need to try getting to the front of a crowd from behind.
Moreover, another person who had a motivated mindset was Zerubbabel. Today’s Bible reading shows that when you have a focused mindset like Zerubbabel did, it will stir you up to take action. A motivated mindset fills your heart with conviction that you are overdue for a breakthrough, thereby ushering you into your desired blessing. For instance, when the man who was paralyzed from the neck downwards was brought to Jesus, it was not for flimsy reasons (Mark 2:1-12). His friends felt he was overdue for a breakthrough, and so on their arrival, when the door was blocked off and there was no feasible way in through the window, they created a way through the roof. When you believe you are already overdue for a breakthrough, you will be compelled to take violent steps towards attaining your expectation. You will not care about the crowd, traditions or the need to socialize. You will not care about who is first, second or next to be attended to on a queue. All that fills your mind is that you are the next beneficiary of God’s mercy. Where do you stand now? Are you overdue for promotion, success, breakthrough, deliverance or prosperity? If you are, let your conviction on this drive you into your miracle. Such a belief has a way of motivating you to take actions that will trigger your blessing. It shall be well with you this season!
KEY POINT:
While the expectation of the righteous are granted, those without expectations will have nothing.
HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.
2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.
4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
THE EFFECTS OF A CURSE
MEMORISE:
"He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it." Proverbs 11:26
READ:
Judges 9:16-24; Judges 9:45-57
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 17-18 & Ezekiel 38:1-16
From today’s reading, the effects of a curse are glaring and obvious. Jotham was a son of Gideon who escaped the murderous rampage of his brother Abimelech. After Abimelech had killed seventy of his brothers, Jotham stood and placed a curse on him and the men of Shechem who conspired with Abimelech to carry out this evil act. Three years after this curse was pronounced, God sent an evil spirit to bring about the fulfillment of the curse. In the process of the curse being fulfilled, so many terrible things happened. Land and property were destroyed, a large part of the population was annihilated and ultimately, the cursed Abimelech died. May you never come under a curse! And if you are already under any curse, it is broken today in Jesus’ Name! Let me tell you a story I heard when I was very young. An old man met a bubbling young man on his way to the farm one day. Being advanced in age, the old man was bent, used a walking stick and limped slightly. Seeing this old man, the young man began to laugh at him; so the old man asked him what he did to deserve such ridicule. “Why shouldn’t I laugh? What can you do?” the young man asked, and the old man replied, “I know I am too feeble to run after you or fight you, but the basket is never satisfied of water”, and then he went on his way. Suddenly, a strong thirst gripped the young man. He dashed to the first hut and asked for water. After drinking so much, he continued his journey. Not long after, he became thirsty again. He stopped at the second hut and drank so much water. Thereafter, he returned to the first hut to ask for some more water, and the people there discern that something was definitely wrong with him. “What is wrong with you?”, they asked. He told them, “One old man said to me, “The basket is never satisfied of water”. “Really, can you describe the old man?”. He did, and they accompanied him to search for the old man, until they found him and begged for his forgiveness. The old man gave in, and then pronounced, “Alright, from now on you will cease to be the basket, and you will begin to have satisfaction.” That was how the young man was delivered from the strange thirst.
Do everything possible to avoid being cursed by God. If a curse from a fellow man can be disastrous, how would the curse from God be? If your biological father curses you, you can run to your spiritual father or pastor, who has spiritual authority over you, and he can cancel it. If your pastor curses you, you can run to the general overseer set over him, and he can cancel it; though he will also demand that you restitute your ways. However, if God curses you, to whom will you run?
PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to never partake in anything that will attract curses to my life.
HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.
Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]
Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]
Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]
Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:16am On Sep 09, 2017
SATURDAY 9TH SEPT,2017
ONLY HIS WILL
MEMORISE:
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Colossians 1:12
READ:
Colossians 1:12-13, Ephesians 2:1-2
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Ephesian 2:1-2
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
In every village, town, city, state or nation, there are usually two kingdoms at play: the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. Colossians 1:13 says,
“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:”
This scripture shows that every child of God has been moved from one of these kingdoms to the other. If you are truly saved, you are no longer in darkness but in the kingdom of light. As light, you should not be afraid of operators in the kingdom of darkness, such as witches, wizards and those in the cult, because you have a greater One inside of you (1 John 4:4). If you are afraid of them, this indicates to you that all is not well with you; there could be some cracks in your wall, and sin might be responsible. Whatever compromises your holiness compromises your divine security. When these operators of darkness see that your light is shining brightly, they will withdraw and dangle carrots of temptation at you, and if you fall for it, they will strike at you.
Moreover, the reason why God translated us from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His dear Son is because He is interested in having His will established both in Heaven and here on earth. Although nothing short of God’s will is done in Heaven, on earth, there is still a struggle to establish God’s will, because man handed over control of the earth to the kingdom of darkness in the Garden of Eden (Luke 4:5-6). As a child of God, you are therefore an agent of re-establishing God’s will in any corner of the earth where you find yourself. If you want to establish and fulfill God’s will, you will make no room for lies, sin and pretense. Among God’s children on earth today, you will be shocked to know how many of them really seek to do His will in all areas of their lives. Many of us want God to change His plans and ways to suit ours, but that is an expectation in futility. God does not change: He is ever the same (Malachi 3:6). As conservative as He may appear to be, His technology in Heaven is billions of years ahead of ours on earth. In fact, He is the One who gives our researchers, thinkers and inventors the latest discoveries they get. Such scientific discoveries are new and news to us, but not to those in Heaven. To them, the best we have on offer is stale news. In Heaven, there are no gimmicks or tricks. Everything revolves around God, and He is in control of time. When God therefore gives you an assignment, He has expectations regarding when, where and how it should be done. If you miss out on any of the details, you will be on your own. To what extent are you doing His will?
ACTION POINT:
Ask God for grace to know Him, and for courage to do His will in every situation.
HYMN 6:
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.
Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:
Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:
Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:
Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
d877ed57

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH. A. ADEBOYE
SUNDAY 10TH SEPT., 2017
HE IS AT THE DOOR!
MEMORISE:
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20
READ:
Revelation 3:19-22
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 21-23 & Ezekiel 39:9-20
God is a God of order, and Heaven is a place of order. Heaven is also a place where everything revolves around the will of the Owner: God. There is protocol in Heaven and a hierarchy or authority which must be respected. For this reason, when accessing God’s presence, the manner of approach really matters. How you enter into a room or house will determine whether you will be welcomed or chased out. Do you know that even God subjects Himself to the law of order? In Revelation 3:20, Jesus said,
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
Although God created us, He still has to knock and wait to be invited in before He enters into our hearts. Even though He created the space in your heart for Himself, he still doesn’t force Himself into that space. You are the one to decide if and when He should come in or not.
In Genesis 18:1-8, Abraham saw some divine visitors near his tent. He ran to meet them, pleading for the opportunity to be hospitable to them. In this instance also, you can see that God waited to be invited in. similarly, in Genesis 19:1-3, when the two angels arrived in Sodom, Lot invited them in to spend the night. Also, in 2 Kings 4:8, Elisha was just passing by when the Shunammite woman invited him into her house for lunch, and even though he said he was not hungry, the woman practically compelled him to come in. From that day forward, whenever Elisha passed by, he stopped over at her house.
God waits to be invited in because of His humility, and due to the fact that He does not want to impose Himself on us. Also, He created us as free moral agents and not as zombies or robots: He wants us to be free to express our own will. In addition, He wants us to be able to bear the consequences of our actions and not hold Him responsible for what we do. He also wants to be able to determine if we truly love Him and whether we desire to follow Him or not. If you are not yet born again, you have been keeping the Saviour waiting all these years. Please answer the knock on the door of your heart, kindly invite Jesus in, and surrender your whole life to him. Doing this is in your own interest.
ACTION POINT :
Invite Jesus into every area of your life from which you have shut Him out.
HYMN 12:
1. How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away our fear.
2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.
3. O Jesus, Shepherd, Guardian, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.
4. How weak the effort of my heart,
how cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.
5. Till then I would your love proclaim
With every fleeting breath,
And may the music of your Name
Refresh my soul in death!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH.A. ADEBOYE
MONDAY 11TH SEPT.,2017
RESTITUTION: EVIDENCE OF SALVATION I
MEMORISE:
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. Luke 19:8
READ:
Luke 19:1-10
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 24-25 & Ezekiel 39:21-40:4
When you are genuinely saved, you will desire to find what you can do for the Lord Jesus Christ. There will be a strong desire in your heart to reciprocate the Saviour's gesture of love. Is it so with you? When I newly got born again, there were quite a few people around me who got saved at about the same time also. We all had certain characteristics in common, one of which was: anytime there was work to be done for God, we volunteered. We did it joyfully, spending our money, time and energy. Unfortunately, when you ask some people who claim to be born again to do some work in the house of God today, they will charge you double the job’s worth, while some unbelievers would just give you a normal bill. Such people need to seek genuine salvation!
Moreover, another sign of genuine conversion is the desire to right your wrongs. True salvation yearns for restitution. Nobody will experience genuine salvation without asking questions such as these: How much of my past iniquity can I correct? How much can I salvage of the damage I have done? These questions will come from your heart even without being taught the doctrine of restitution. This happened to Zacchaeus in today’s Bible reading. Immediately Jesus entered his house, Zacchaeus responded to His love with these words in Luke 19:8:
“Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.”
Zacchaeus, even without being instructed, decided to give 50% of his wealth to the poor, and offered to return four times whatever he had taken from any man by false accusations. This pleased the Lord. Indeed, restitution pleases God. When you restore whatever you have stolen, and whenever you right your wrongs, it becomes a testimony to the genuineness of your repentance. When you make restitution to people you offended or cheated, it softens the ground for you to eventually present the message of the gospel to them. If you hold back what you stole, even after you claim to have been saved, you will retain the enmity of those you defrauded, and because of you, they may never respond to the message of salvation. Is there any pending restitution you need to make? Go ahead and right your wrongs. For controversial and very weighty cases, please seek counseling before going ahead.
KEY POINT:
The practice of restitution gives you a clear conscience before God and man.
HYMN 14:
1.Take my life and let it be
4.Take my silver and my gold,
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
TUESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
LITTLE REQUESTS LIMIT GOD
MEMORISE:
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 3:22
READ:
James 1:5-6
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
The Lord Jesus Christ instructed us to ask until our joy is full (John 16:24). Due to a lack of faith in God’s ability to meet our needs, many of us ask for crumbs, and by doing so, we insult or dishonour God. Are you one of such people? During one of our special programmes sometimes ago, while in my prayer room, God took me up on this issue. He reminded me of an incident that happened several years before then, when I went to London to prepare our Sunday School manual. After finishing it, I still had three days to go before my flight is due, but I had completely run out of money. The kind of ticket I paid for on that trip was a cheap one and so it did not allow for rescheduling of dates. I felt I could go without food for three days but could not avoid buying certain materials, books and tapes that I needed. These would cost me £50 and I had no money. So I said, “Daddy, it would be good if I could get £50” Shortly after, my phone rang and I picked it up. The fellow on the line said, “Biyi”. I told him there was nobody with that name there. He asked, “Is that not so and so number?” As we talked, he got to know who I was and he screamed. He called out to his brother with excitement, telling him that he was speaking with me. Obviously, they had been discussing how they could see me and now I was on the phone with them. Eventually, they came over, we talked, and as they were leaving, they gave me £50. As soon as they left, I said, “Daddy, if I knew it would be this easy, I would have asked for £100!”
As I went upstairs in the apartment I was staying at, I rejoiced over the 50pounds I had just received. Just then, the doorbell rang, and then it rang a second time. By this time, it was night already. Before I got to the door, the fellow at the door had slipped an envelope through the door into the room and left. I picked it up, opened it and realized it had come from a man I had known for a long time. He was a very wealthy man who was also very stingy. He had never given me a dime before. In the envelope was £50 and a note saying, “I just felt like giving you some money.” As I went towards the bedroom, I told God that if I had known this second £50 would come, I would have asked for another £50! That night, before I slept, another £50 came. Then I became afraid and told God I was joking and did not want to offend Him. In my prayer room, the Lord told me I had been a foolish boy. “If you asked me for £50 and I could provide it, why didn’t you ask for £5000?” Are you trying to help God conserve His resources when you ask? He doesn’t need your help! Ask, and ask big! Don’t limit Him.
KEY POINT:
If the over seven billion inhabitants of the earth were to ask their best from God, they still could not exhaust a drop of His resources.
HYMN 3:
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain
3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain
4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mimopel(f): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
Julivas:

FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST, 2017

THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT

MEMORISE:
“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.” Luke 12:47

READ:
Matthew 25: 24-30

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 8-10 & Ezekiel 30:20-31:9

An unprofitable servant is generally identified as a steward that fails to put his or her talents to profitable use for his or her master. He or she is a wasteful person who is pleased to keep the master’s investment from yielding any profit. Among all the servants mentioned in the Bible, it was only the unprofitable servant that had the disrespectful behaviour of complaining and bringing charges against his lord. He had the audacity to accuse his master to his face of being a difficult and greedy person, wanting to reap where he did not sow! He created the impression that his master had all along been wicked, unfair and insensitive. Although the unprofitable servant tried to portray himself as a humble and obedient servant, he ended up giving himself off as self- righteous person, who had mastered the art of making excuses to cover up for slothfulness and failure. Trying to justify himself, he falsely argued that he became indolent and unproductive out of fear for his master. He forgot that a master’s commandment is a servant’s duty. As a matter of fact, a servant always owes a debt of service to his or her master (Luke 17:7-10). The unprofitable servant tried so hard to justify himself but he failed woefully. God is not mocked; the excuses you have prepared to use on the Day of Judgment will not stand the test of His scrutiny.
Brethren, every excuse that we give for failure to obey the commandments of God with regards to the use of our talents is simply evidence of rebellion against God. The excuse that the unprofitable servant gave is the common plea of many Christians today, who complain that the Almighty God has no right to demand for the use of their time, money and ability for the promotion of His Kingdom. If you fail to put your God-given talents to profitable use, on the day of reckoning, you will hear the denunciation pronounced against the unprofitable servant: “Take therefore the talent from him!” I pray that you will never receive words of condemnation from God in Jesus’ Name. Many would ask, “What wrong have I done?” Search your heart. Have you fixed your Lord’s money in huge deposits and savings accounts, or tied up His investment in properties, exotic cars, exclusive furniture and an expensive lifestyle, all the while leaving souls to perish in their sins? Do you prefer to bury your talents out of selfishness because you care more about yourself and less about God and the expansion of His Kingdom? Have you deliberately refused to put God’s endowments in your life to profitable use; thereby causing the benefits and profits due to God and man to be totally lost? To be commended by the Master, we need to repent of our selfish lifestyle and yield to God in complete obedience.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the grace to serve You profitably to the end in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:

Hey can I chat u privately ??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by geraldufanabasi: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
How do you relate with God? Do you love Him? Do you fear Him? How should you relate with God? Find out in this insightful article...
http://geraldinyang..com.ng/2017/09/a-good-blend-of-love-and-fear.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
WEDNESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
GIVING DETERMINES PROMOTION
MEMORISE:
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee. Deuteronomy 16:17
READ:
Deuteronomy 16:16-17
16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:
17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 29-30 & Ezekiel 40:20-34
When God commanded all males in Israel to appear before Him in today’s Bible reading, he specifically instructed that they should not come before Him empty-handed. He also instructed that whatever they brought to Him must be a reflection of the level of blessings they had received from Him. Based on these two parameters, can you say you have followed the divine pattern when you appear before God? Today, when God’s people assemble before Him, many of them do not care about what they bring as an offering, as long as they bring something. Do you know that God cares about this? For this reason, 2Corinthians 8:12 says,
“For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.”
One year, during our annual thanksgiving service for pastors and ministers of our church, I told them that God expects them to bring an offering that reflects how much He has blessed them individually. Then I asked them this question: “Brethren, do you know that many of us demote ourselves by the offering we give?” They appeared surprised to hear this. So I further explained that God knows us individually, and He knows the level to which He has blessed each one of us. He knows those whom He has taken to a level that can conveniently give Him N1000 at each offering. He also knows those who can afford to give N500 and those who are unable to give more than N100. If you are in the category of N1000 but give N500 per offering, you are indirectly saying to God, “Dear Lord, you made a mistake placing me in the category of givers of N1000. You should have left me in the category of givers of N500”. Then the Lord will reply, “I thought I promoted you, but if you want to demote yourself, no problem. ”This is why some people are experiencing financial dryness. You are the one who told God that the level He placed you at is too high and that he should take you lower. I shared with my children that at the beginning of every year, I draw up a budget stating what I want to earn as my income for the year. Then I tell God that this is where I was last year but this is where I want to be by the year's end. Thereafter, I start giving to reflect my expectations based on my target. I promote myself by giving beyond my present level, and I can tell you in unmistaken terms that God has never failed me, not even once. Before the end of the year, I would have already surpassed the limit I set for myself. How has it been with your life of giving? Make necessary adjustments today and key into your joy.
KEY POINT:
Giving at a level that matches the financial status of your expectations is a way to compel God to supernaturally upgrade you to that expected level.
HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
mimopel:

Hey can I chat u privately ??
You are highly welcome in Jesus Name
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH.A. ADEBOYE
THURSDAY 14TH SEPT., 2017
HE DESERVES YOUR THANKS
MEMORISE:
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm136:2
READ:
Psalm121:3-5
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
It is very important for you to give God thanks always. One reason why this is necessary is because there are several battles God fights for you that you know nothing about. Some people are so conservative when it comes to giving God thanks. They think they are clever, and so they only give God thanks when they believe He has earned it. In other words, they only thank God when He has done something very “tangible” for them. If however it appears that He has not done anything for them, they hold back on offering thanks to Him. Such people may think they are smart, but they are not. When you are asleep, do you know the various battles waged against you by the enemies of your soul? How can you fight for yourself in a realm you are oblivious of or when you are asleep?
Many years ago, while still lecturing at the University of Ilorin (Kwara State, Nigeria), I had an experience that left its mark on my mind. In those days, I could travel from one end of the university campus to the other end within fifteen minutes. After my morning lectures, I could leave the campus, return home for lunch, and rest a while before returning for evening lectures. I was also the pastor of our church parish over there, and so people kept coming in and out of our living room. After my meal one afternoon, I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes so that I could get some rest. As I lay down I put my two hands together on my head and closed my eyes. Suddenly, someone entered the room, held my two hands with one hand and held my two legs with the other hand and tried to kiss me. At first, I thought it was my wife, but then it dawned on me that whoever could hold me up this way must be a very tall fellow. I therefore opened my eyes and the creature disappeared. A cold shiver ran down my spine as I asked myself what this was. Eventually, I pushed the incident aside. Intending to drive back to the campus, I got into the car, but all of a sudden I had a running stomach and began to vomit. I virtually crawled from the car into the toilet. Then I began to ask, “How could this happen to me?” God’s response was, “Son, I just wanted you to see a little of the battles I fight for you, which you know nothing about.” For you to sleep peacefully every day, God does not sleep. He continues to watch over you. Why don’t you become really generous in thanking the Almighty God, who alone deserves all your thanks?
PRAYER POINT:
Father, thank You for all You do for me, particularly for the battles You fight on my behalf which I know nothing about.
HYMN 3:
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain
3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain
4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by geraldufanabasi: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2017
How do you relate with God? Do you love Him? Do you fear Him? How should you relate with God? Follow this link and find out more about this subject in this insightful article...Don't miss this!
http://geraldinyang..com.ng/2017/09/a-good-blend-of-love-and-fear.html?m=1
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by deolumike(m): 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
let's register your limited liability company, business name and NGO (incorporated trustees, church, clubs, association). We're prompt and professional.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by laakaye(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
I have a need for real men and women of God here to help me pray. I have been observing serious stagnation financially since last November, such that I have never witnessed before. Debt has piled, and still piling. I have gone for different programs but no change. What can I do

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 257
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.