Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (830372 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

MONDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

NO SKIPPING DETAILS

MEMORISE:
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isaiah 28:10

READ:
2 Kings 4:1-7

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 10-11 & Exodus 46:13-24

To avoid financial storm, you need to be careful note all the elements of a divine instruction. God is a God of details. When He gives you a recipe to solve a particular problem, He expects you to leave no details out. In today’s Bible reading, to solve the serious debt problem of the widow of the prophet, Elisha asked her to borrow vessels from all her neighbors, shut the door behind her and pour out her remaining pot of oil into all available vessels. If she had altered the any element of this instruction, it would definitely have affected the result she got. Some people received certain divine instructions and thereafter determine which to obey and which to discard. No! all the details must be observe! Do you know that if the widow had borrowed the vessels but refused to shut her door, the oil would not have flowed?
Beloved, always pay close attention to whatever instructions you receive from God. When it comes to sowing for instance, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 says,
“But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”
From the details of this scripture, it is not just sowing that will get you your expected returns, but rather sowing bountifully and cheerfully. Today, many people have chosen to forget these details on sowing, and this accounts for the financial storms in their lives. On tithing, it is not enough to tithe, but to bring in all the tithes. After completing my PhD research, I recalled I still had part of my research grant with the university. So I went to my Head of department (HoD) adding to draw out of it to bind my thesis. He refused to release it to me, and when I insisted, he sent me out of his office. With no other funds available, I wondered how to get the money is needed. A little past midnight, someone came knocking on my door. He said he could not sleep, and so he came to return the money I had loaned him five years earlier. Although I had forgotten this money, God had not. He paid me the exact amount I needed. After binding the thesis, I was scared, wondering if my HoD would accept it and give me a good score. So on the following Sunday, I paid my tithe, and on Monday, when I submitted my thesis to him, he was impressed and offered to personally take it to the external examiner. He also waited on the examiner until he finished his job in three days instead of six months. After this, my PhD grant was paid, and it became useful pocket money for me. You cannot tell the extent God will go to satisfy those who are totally obedient.

ACTION POINT:
Ask God to lead our youths aright in their choice of life partner.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2017

TUESDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

BECAUSE HE IS BIG

MEMORISE:
For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
Luke 1:49

READ:
Luke 1:46-52

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 12-13 & Ezekiel 47:1-12

Our God is a great and big God. In terms of size, He is so massive. Imagine that He sits on His throne in the third heavens and His feet still touches the earth (Isaiah 66:1). Due to the fact that our God is so big, He does great and big things. In Genesis 1:20-22, when He said the waters should bring forth living creatures, the oceans were soon filled with all manners of fish and sea creatures. All He has to do is to say “Let there be”, and it will come to pass. The lord will do great and mighty things in your life this season in Jesus’ mighty Name! doing great and mighty things is His specialty. No wonder in Jeremiah 33:3, He said:
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
When he met a young, ordinary and unknown virgin and He picked her for His great purpose, she was overwhelmed and had this to say:
“For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.” Luke 1:49
In the mighty Name of Jesus, the Lord shall pick and use you for His great and mighty works to demonstrate his Almightiness!
In Genesis 1:28 “Be fruitful, and multiply”. When He says “multiple”, He really means it. During creation, when He spoke that command, it was just Adam and eve, but today, the world has several billions of people in it. Also, when Israel came into Egypt in Exodus 1:5, they were just 70 people, but by the time they were leaving, there were 600,000 men besides woman, who would not have been less than 800,000, and children, who would have been at least 1,000,000 (Exodus 12:37). They kept multiplying in accordance to God’s word, in spite of all that the government of Egypt did to drastically reduce their numbers. From today, no matter what the enemy does to stop your increase, God’s word on increase will continue to thrive in your life! In addition to being a big God, He does big things. His purpose for your life is therefore big. Are you small, little, unknown and a local champion? Because your God is big, you cannot remain small. His size will definitely affect and transform your size. In the Name of Jesus Christ, you are breaking out of every barrier and limitation! You are coming out of every box of limitation that both you and others have enclosed you in! you shall be great, and you shall achieve great things for God’s Name, far beyond your dreams!

KEY POINT:
God cannot be big and you remain small. Your vision should reflect the size of your God.

HYMN 3:
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain:

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain:

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 101victor: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lightinchrist4: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Father Lord is coming soon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by segunojo866: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
lightinchrist4:
Father Lord is coming soon!
angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2017

WEDNESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

PRINCIPLES, NOT TEARS

MEMORISE:
For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
Psalm 119:89

READ:
Genesis 13:14-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 1-3 & Ezekiel 47:13-48:7

If your giving reflects a financial status below the level God has placed you on, this would amount to demoting yourself. A wise fellow would rather promote himself or herself by giving beyond the level of his or her current financial status, so that God will upgrade him or her to that level. Some people look at me with envy, thinking that God is partial. No, He is not! God is not a respecter of persons, but He is a respecter of principles. When Peter realized this truth in Acts 10:34-35, He said:
“Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.”
When you simply do what I do and follow the Bible principles that I follow, you will get the results that I get. I am not boasting, but if you think it is boasting, then I am simply boasting in the Lord. My God is not a God that is ruled by emotions. He is not moved by your tears or by you rolling on the ground. If there is something He expects you to do in accordance with his word, but you leave it and begin to cry your eyes out or roll on the ground for days and weeks, at the end of the day, He will still be waiting for you to do what He expected of you before he fulfills His promise to you. So the earlier you obey God, the sooner His intervention will come. Some people think they can manipulate God with their tricks. No they can’t. God would rather wait for you to obey, even if it takes years, before releasing a desired blessing. Unfortunately, some people out of stubbornness are making God wait almost their entire life time!
“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:” Genesis 12:1
When God called Abraham and gave him some promises, He also gave him three conditions he had to meet to access those promises. Abraham met two of these conditions, but he considered one of them not to be as important. He took Lot, his kindred, along with him. Probably he believed that his family would consider him a wicked fellow if he left his late brother’s son behind. For as long as he did not fulfill the condition of leaving his entire kindred, God also refused to fulfill His promises. This continued until Abraham began to feel the consequences of not separating from his relatives as instructed by God. It was after he obeyed and separated from Lot that God resumed discussions with him concerning His promises. Abraham lost 13years to disobedience! Don’t be so wise in your own sight. Obey God today!

KEY POINT:
Noise, acrobatics and tears do not move God: simple obedience does.

HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
owerri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lightinchrist4: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:
angry

Why are you scared??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by segunojo866: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
lightinchrist4:

What are you scared??
am scared of that dead jews carpenter cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lightinchrist4: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:

You don't need to be scared. Just be prepared for the coming of Jesus Christ.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lightinchrist4: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:

You don't need to be scared. Just be prepared for the coming of Jesus Christ.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by swift25(m): 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Any xtian lady here want to hang out. send me a mail. mod we should have a xtian dating/hangout section here on nairaland apart from romance and sexuality section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: HEED THIS INVITATION

Memorise:
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. John 7:37
Read: John 7:37-39

7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

“How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?” Deuteronomy 32:30
Although praying corporately is good, it should never be regarded as a substitute to a vibrant personal prayer life. Some people quote the above scriptures to justify remaining at the level of corporate prayers, and as a result they consider efforts towards personal prayer to be a waste. It is not a wasted effort! God wants to relate with us individually and develop a personal relationship with us, just as He wants to relate with us as a group. For this reason, in Isaiah 51:2, He said this to us:
“Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.”
Even when we are in a group meeting, God still wants to maintain a personal link with each of us. God is a personal God. When two brothers came to give offering to God, the Lord related with them individually (Genesis 4:3-10). How often do you spend time alone with God?
Moreover, there are great benefits that come from staying alone with God. If we look at the example of the widow of the prophet in 2 Kings 4:1-7, we can see some of the benefits of individual prayers. When she was asked to shut the door on herself, several things happened to her, one of which is that she went in empty but came out full. She took several empty vessels with her into the room, and all the vessels were filled up. Even today, as you personally separate yourself to access the Throne of Grace, our empty vessels will be made full. In today’s Bible reading, while attending the feast of the Jews, the Lord made a call. Although it was made publicly, it was a personal call. He said anyone who was thirsty could come to Him and be filled. If you can cultivate your personal relationship with God by creating regular time to be in His presence, you will always be filled, even when you enter His presence empty. Today, the Lord is sending you an invitation to come into His presence and He will fill you up. Your emptiness can be completely swallowed up as you spend personal time with Him. Are you ready to have your emptiness filled? How hungry are you? It is your level of hunger and thirst for Him that will determine how filled you will get. So, how hungry or thirsty are you today?

Action Point:
Identify things that are working against your ability to spend time alone with God and prayerfully deal with them.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 4-7
Ezekiel 48:8-20

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOY

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE

1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2017

FRIDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER, 2017

DELAYED PROVISION

MEMORISE:
The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Psalm 145:15

READ:
Daniel 10:7-13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 8-10 & Ezekiel 48:21-35

More often than not, when a man receives provision before he or she has need for it, wastage occurs. Such a fellow will entertain expenditures that are focused more on unnecessary wants rather than on needs. This is why such an individual needs wisdom, guidance and lots of self-denial or self-control. May you not waste your provisions in Jesus’ Name! However, provision could also come at the time of need. This type of arrangement is preferred by some people because it eradicates the likelihood of waste. According to Psalm 46:5; when God is your refuge, He will always show up at the right time. He is never late! I pray that whatever assistance you need will locate you as soon as the need arises in Jesus’ Name.
In quite a number of situations, provision comes much after the day of need. This is totally unacceptable because the purpose for which the provision is needed is already defeated. Provision long after need is almost as bad as total denial. When help, assistance or provision is not available in the time of need, it will result in disappointment, feeling of rejection, shame and disgrace, painful loss or even death. Do you know that many people who died in some ghastly accident could have survived if only they received help at the time of the incident? There are some who survived for a few hours but later gave up the ghost because they did not receive medical attention at the hour of need.
John 10:10; talks of Satan’s evil mission to steal, kill and destroy. One way he does this is by delaying provision or help from reaching people in need. In today’s Bible reading, following his petition to Heaven during a fast, an answer was sent to Daniel, but it was delayed by the Prince of Persia for 21 days. Daniel should have received the answer on the first day, but it was delayed for that whole period. Every force of delay, sent to set back your provision or help beyond the time of need, shall be frustrated, disgraced and paralyzed in Jesus’s Name! Whatever was programmed to reach you late shall arrive on time; you shall not be disappointed! That yoke of delay over your expectations is destroyed now! The Lord will sort you out speedily in Jesus’ Name!

KEY POINT:
One challenge of the rich is that because they have enough to meet their needs, even for the next 10, 20 or more years, their confidence is usually in their money and not in God.

HYMN 4:
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
SATURDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER, 2017
DON’T BE THE GUINEA PIG!
MEMORISE:
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 1 Corinthians 10:6
READ:
1 Corinthians 10:1-12
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 1-3 & Daniel 1
As we run the race that is set before us on the straight and narrow way to Heaven, it is possible to slip and fall. You should however note that falling or making mistakes along the way does not signify that an end has come to your life, ministry or destiny. There is no depth you can sink to that the mercy of God cannot draw you out of. If you genuinely ask God for forgiveness and mercy, His grace will surely lift you up. If you are still down in sin, it is time to come up into righteousness. Are you in a situation where it appears all hope is lost? No matter where you are, receive God’s touch of mercy at this very moment and come up again in Jesus’ Name!
There are ways to handle mistakes. One way is to learn from the mistakes of others so that you do not become the guinea pig. A Nigerian proverb says, “The one who falls into a pit is a lesson to others following from behind”. You can scream after seeing that fellow fall into the pit, but make sure you don’t end up in it yourself. Today’s reading tells us that the children of Israel who disobeyed God and were overthrown in the wilderness are lessons for us who are now on our way to the Promise Land of Heaven. It says we should not lust after evil things, because the Israelites did so and became casualties in the wilderness. It also says the reason why we should not serve other gods and commit fornication is that 23,000 of those Israelites who did the same perished in one day. It further says we should not tempt Christ like the Israelites did and died of snake bites. It even warns us of the dangers of murmuring, which some of us do very often. The Israelites murmured and were destroyed. When you see the pit your predecessors have fallen into, a wise follower will tread a lot more carefully to avoid ending up where they ended.
If you learn from the mistakes of others, you will not fall where they fell. And you will not perish where they perished; but if you fail to learn, you too will soon become a signpost that tells others not to follow the path you followed. How ironic it is for someone who was aware of the pitfalls that consumed others to end up in the same pit. This is what happens to those who never take warning seriously. Are you like that? Do you say “it doesn’t matter”? Yes, it does!
PRAYER POINT:
Father, let me never be a guinea pig. Make me an excellent example for others to follow.
HYMN 9:
Refrain:
A wondrous beauty I see,
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2017

SUNDAY 1ST OCTOBER,2017

THE MERCY AND GRACE OF GOD

MEMORISE:
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

READ:
2 Corinthians 6:1-10

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 4-6 & Daniel 2:1-16

Over the years, I have observed that the more powerful some people become, the more wicked they turn out to be. When they are not yet in a position of authority, they will appear to be humble, but once they have a little taste of power, they act as if they are God. This is what makes my Father very different: He is a merciful God. In spite of all His power and majesty, He remains merciful. Having experienced God’s mercy, David thus wrote in Psalm 40:1-2:
“I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”
God is so full of mercy, and there is no one who cannot benefit from His mercy. When powerful people know that no one can query them, they do whatever they like. God is however different! Even though He is the Almighty God and He is all powerful, yet His mercy endures forever. Every time you call upon Him, you can be sure His grace will speak for you. Ephesians 2:4 says
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,”
God’s grace grants us access to the things we don’t deserve. There are many of us who are what we are only by His grace. If not for His grace, some of us would not be alive today. If not for His grace, some of us would have no roof over our heads. If not for His grace, how would some of us have anyone willing to help us? There are many opportunities we have misused in the past, and yet we have not lived to regret this because of His grace. If not for His mercy, some of us wouldn’t have recovered from the consequences of our past time.
Can you imagine a person like Saul, who persecuted the church of God, becoming a mighty apostle of the gospel? If I were God, I would not have saved His soul, especially when I think of the extent of damage he single-handedly caused the Body of Christ. I then suddenly realized that I also was once in sin like him. When grace and mercy are at work in a person’s life, he will begin to make his boast in the Lord. Can you imagine Paul saying he had wronged no one (2 Corinthians 7:2)? He could say this because the grace and mercy of God had washed away all his past misdeeds. When mercy is at work, every sinner has a future, and when grace is speaking, every saint has no past. God is telling you today that He can have mercy on you. All you need to do is to make up your mind that all the days of your life, you will continue to fear Him and walk in His ways.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let Your mercy and grace never depart from my life.

HYMN 8:
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
[Refrain]

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
(Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2017

MONDAY 2nd OCTOBER,2017

THE MOST NEEDFUL THING

MEMORISE:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

READ:
Proverbs 4:5-9

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 7-8 & Daniel 2:17-30

King Solomon is considered to be the wisest king that ever lived. How did he become so wise? When God gave Him a blank cheque to ask for anything, in 1 Kings 3:9, he said:
“Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?”
He chose to ask for something that the average person of his time would consider inconsequential: wisdom. Solomon feared that he might misrule God’s people and thereby incur God’s wrath, and so he asked God for wisdom. Indeed, in Proverbs 9:10, he later wrote:
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”
It is unfortunate to discover that even among some children of God today, the fear of the Lord is greatly absent. This accounts for the level of character erosion that is being witnessed in the Church, so much so that even pastors are being caught in various acts of sin, such as sexual immorality. Joseph was repeatedly tempted and pressured to commit sexual immorality, but he vehemently refused to indulge in it, despite the fact that it was offered to him on a platter of gold. The Bible in Genesis 39:8-9 gives this account of Joseph’s steadfastness:
“But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”
If you ask me what kept Joseph away from this sexual immorality, I will tell you that it was wisdom, brought about by the fear of the Lord. How I wish all of God’s children would embrace the fear of God, so that they can begin to live in wisdom. It is wisdom to run away from sin, because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). A foolish fellow would say, “Death will come one day all the same”. Such a fellow fails to consider untimely death like the one that took Absalom away (2 Samuel 18:10-17), the agony of death that comes as a result of sin, and the eternal death in the Lake of Fire. Revelation 21:8 speaks of the Lake of Fire in these words:
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
For this reason, our Bible reading strongly recommends that we get wisdom. The question is, where can we get wisdom? It is from the word of God (2 timothy 3:15). Beloved, seek godly wisdom and don’t be lawless in the name of grace, because grace does not indulge in lawlessness.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, put Your fear in me, help me love Your word and give me wisdom.

HYMN 9:
The emblem of suffering and shame;

Refrain:

Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,
Refrain:

Refrain:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Daeyou(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello, am new here! Any Deeper Life member here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by decodams(m): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2017
Of what is a christian that can not win a soul, we are saves to save men, salvaged to salvaged others and stand as a light to them...I LOVE SONS OF GOD

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2017

TUESDAY 3RD OCTOBER, 2017

THE WORKS OF THE FLESH

MEMORISE:
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” John 3:6

READ:
Galatians: 5:16-21

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 9-10 & Daniel 2:31-45

As Christians who are Heaven-bound, the works of the flesh are things we should watch out for, so that they do not bring our soul into damnation. We must do all we can to cherish the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). If we continue to stir up the fruit of the Spirit in our lives daily, it will be difficult for the flesh to have dominion over us. On a daily basis, our thoughts, words and actions must be guided by this scripture which says:
“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8
If you give your heart to these words, it would be difficult for the flesh to have rule over your mind, and consequently, the work of the flesh will not find expression in your life. Such sins as hatred towards others, envy for what is happening in other people’s lives, pride and arrogance will not have a hold on you because you are walking in the Spirit of God.
All those who engage in the works of the flesh have no place in the Kingdom of God. If you want to please God, the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches and the lust for materialism, all of which do not allow the word of God to find its rightful place in the hearts of men, will have to go. God commands us to run the Christian race with patience (Hebrews 12:1). There are many who have turned sin into sport. They believe that they are very smart and cannot fall victim of sin. This was the same thinking that Adam and Eve had when they allow the voice of the serpent to override God’s instructions for their lives (Genesis 3:1-6). Samson also had an idea of the destiny he was meant to fulfill on earth, but he gambled with the anointing of God on his life and died with his enemies (Judges 16:28-30). These examples are there for us to learn from and be wise. As a child of God, you have to drop those weights of sin that easily drag you down. Don’t allow the works of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the mundane things of life to deny you of God’s plan for your life. The moment you decide not to walk in the Spirit, you have resolved in your heart to be independent of God and from that moment, the real life in you dies! This is a deadly path to take. No one who took this path has ever had a good story to tell, but that will not be your lot in Jesus’ Name. You have to be watchful, prayerful and engage in spiritual discipline from time to time, so as not to fall prey to the wiles of the devil manifested through the works of the flesh.

KEY POINT:
The flesh profits nothing, but the Spirit gives life.

HYMN 6:
1.Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2.Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3.Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4.Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Daeyou:
Hello, am new here!
Any Deeper Life member here?
You are welcome sir. It is for all denominations irrespective of their names. I assure you that they are here too. Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Daeyou(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Daeyou:
Hello, am new here! Any Deeper Life member here?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Daeyou(m): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Julivas:

You are welcome sir. It is for all denominations irrespective of their names. I assure you that they are here too. Thanks.
Thanks bro!
You're appreciated!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2017

WEDNESDAY 4TH OCTOBER, 2017

IN NEED OF TENDER LOVING CARE

MEMORISE:
“Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.” 1 Corinthians 8:13

READ:
1 Corinthians 8:8-13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 11-13 & Daniel 2:46-3:7

God redeems us from the unfruitful works of darkness through His mercy and grace. When people become newly saved, though they have genuinely surrendered their lives to God and are committed to going all the way in pleasing Him, they are often not immediately well grounded in the things of God. These young converts need special care and attention from mature believers. It is the responsibility of those who have grown deeper in Christ to encourage those who are making efforts to have their faith established in Him. As their predecessor in the faith, young converts are watching and following you as an example. They must be followed up with love and shown good examples of how to live out their faith in Christ. As an older believer, you must show them compassion and understanding, remembering that Christ came to save us all because of His compassion for us. Matured believers have certain roles to play by deliberately denying themselves of certain things that are lawful but not helpful to the growth of these young converts. Like Paul who became all things to all people so that he might win many to Christ, mature believers must also be willing to become all things for the sake of those they want to establish in the knowledge of the truth. 1 Corinthians 9:22 says,
“To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
If you are grounded in Christ, you are not to use your liberty to harm those who are growing in the faith. Some of these people have already experienced a lot of disappointments outside the Church of God. Some of them have been defrauded, while some others have been unduly taken advantage of because of their vulnerability. Some lost precious things before coming to the knowledge of Christ. The moment they give their lives to Christ, they are full of great expectations because they’ve heard that the Name of the Lord is a strong tower. They believe the brethren will care for them, unlike what they experienced in the hands of unbelievers. We must therefore do all that is within our power not to make them regret their decision to come to Christ, which will be the case if we don’t extend hands of love to them. We must not give them occasion to stumble; neither should we allow them to stray by our actions. We must avoid all circumstances that will grieve our fellow brethren and ensure that the word of God remains our standard in our dealings with them. Let us be careful not to offend the weak ones or lay a stumbling block on their way, because we are going to be accountable to God for all those he brings across our path.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, deliver me from errors that will cause others to stumble.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3.While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4.When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by lightinchrist4: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2017
Daeyou:
Hello, am new here!
Any Deeper Life member here?

I am.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by jumii99: 4:06am On Oct 04, 2017
Happy New month ......
There is a new post on the blog.... Have a blessed month ahead

https://slayersrus./2017/10/03/take-your-eyes-off-the-storm/

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2017
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Wednesday, October 04, 2017*
*TOPIC : Believer, the temple of the Holy Spirit*
*TEXT : 1 Corinthian 6 : 19*
*Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own.*

A temple is a structure that provides accommodation or shelter for something. Holy Spirit as the third person in Godhead needs a place to dwell in order to carry out some works. In the old testament, Holy Spirit dwelt only in the temple made by man. He doesn't stay in just any place in the temple, but in the Holy of holies. *Leviticus 16 : 23 Aaron shall come into the Tent of Meeting and put off the linen garments which he put on when he went into the Holy of Holies, and leave them there*

Thank God for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who paid the price for believer to be found worthy to be the carrier of the Holy Spirit, *1 Corinthians 6 : 20, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.*

What a great privilege for a believer to be the temple of the Holy Spirit, it means, his presence shall be with such, whether sleeping, working, travelling, doing exams, praying, meditating, and other activities of ours. Hallelujah! ...

Satan in his craftiness, having known the beauty of being the temple of the Holy Spirit always make effort in making a believer not fit for the Holy Spirit to dwell in. He knows that if he can get a believer to use the members of his/her body in unholy ways without repentance, the Holy Spirit will not want to live in such a body. *Romans 8 : 12 says, I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.*

The scripture say we should be wise as a serpent so that we will not yield to the lust of the flesh. Brethren, to overcome the lust  of the flesh, let what is written in Philippians 4 : 8 be our watch word * For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].*

He (devil) will bring evil suggestions to us in order to get us defiled, in all these, let always say no to satan and yes to Jesus. He may whisper to us that it is just once and that nobody is looking, commit fornication, steal that money, go to that wild party, patronise the brothel down there etc .Yielding to these wiles of satan will definitely dirty the temple of the Holy Spirit which is our body. We should reply him that our hands have been crucified, so we can't steal, our legs have been crucified, so we can't go to the wild party and so on.

Brethren, keeping our body always fit for the Holy Spirit may seem difficult, but know that the grace of God is sufficient for us to do all things.

Personal declaration:
I shall not yield the members of my body to the wiles of satan in Jesus name.

Personal Prayer Points
1. Praise God for the breaking of another new day.
2. Father, help me to consecrated my body unto YOU only.
3. Father, prove yourself as the Lord of lords over my life and family today and always.
4. Father, open the windows of heaven and pour your blessings upon me as I go today.
5. Father, perform your miracles and wonders in my life and family in Jesus name.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by malove22: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
You are Invited to My Agape Love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2017

THURSDAY 5TH OCT., 2017

OCCUPY TILL HE COMES.

MEMORISE:
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2

READ:
Luke 19:11-13
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Romans 14-16 & Daniel 3:8-23

God’s expectation of you in these end times is that you would live for a cause that is greater than yourself - and cause that will serve the purpose of advancing His Kingdom on earth. What worthy cause in God’s kingdom keeps you awake at night? What burden are you carrying in your heart? When Nehemiah heard that his people back home had been put to shame and that worship services in the temple of God had been halted, he was overwhelmed with a burden to “occupy” for God and his people (Nehemiah1:4). He immediately wanted to effect the necessary changes that would restore the image of God’s people. Many Christians are not bothered about making it a duty to occupy in the place of prayer for those in authority. Many Christians are not even concerned about the rate at which many sinners are going to Hell. As long as they are comfortable, they care less about the situation of others. Some people are so self-centered that as long as their immediate family is saved, the salvation of their extended family members is far from their mind. It is our duty as believers to bring all people to the knowledge of God. We must occupy by directing the souls of men to God through prayers and by witnessing to them until they give their lives to God. Although Nehemiah was comfortable in the king’s palace, he was troubled by the discomfort of God’s people. We ought to share this same spirit.
The burden for revival in the hearts of men was what led to the outburst of many moves of God in the world since the days of the apostles. The burden for holiness has led many to occupy in the place of prayer for certain territories. Our burden for the business of God's Kingdom should lead us into prayer and fasting, so that we can become fruitful in our missionary assignments. As a branch of the Vine, you must be ready to bear fruit if you don’t want the Vine to cast you off. The Vine is committed to supplying all you need for the assignment; there is therefore no excuse for you not to occupy till His return (Philippians 4:19). Also, everything that the Vine expects you to do as His branch is done through the strength supplied by the Vine (John 15:5). As long as the branch remains attached to the Vine, it will be able to fulfill all that is expected of it (Philippians 4:13). I remember when I was in the university and I was trusting God for his help in winning the soul of one of the professors. I would do a lot of rehearsals on how I would present the message to him, but each time I saw him, I would lose my confidence. However, God helped me and I eventually succeeded in this assignment. It is only through God’s help that you can occupy till the very end.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, may I not have to give excuses on the day of accountability.

HYMN 13:
1. Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

2. Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.
Refrain:

3. Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2017

FRIDAY 6TH October, 2017

LIVING IN DEATH?

MEMORISE:
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 1 John 3:14

READ:
1 John 3:11-16

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 1-3 & Daniel 3:24-4:3

Do you know that it is very possible for one to be alive but living in death? Any man who does not have the life of God, manifested as a new life in Christ Jesus, is dead even though he or she is physically alive. If you have received the new life of Christ, you have the nature of God, and one of the defining characteristics of this nature is love (1 John 4:16). This is why the Lord Jesus Christ emphasized that there is no greater commandment than that which is anchored on love for God and love for fellow men (Matthew 22:37-40). You cannot claim to love God when you have hatred and bitterness towards your fellow men. Where there is no love, there will be deceit. There is a lot of deceit in the interpersonal relationships between people today. Do you really love, or are you pretending to love? If you live a life of love, you are living in Christ; but if you are only pretending to love when deep inside you there is so much hatred and evil-plotting against your brother, then you are living in death. The new life in Christ is a spiritual experience that puts an end to all forms of bitterness, hatred and unforgiveness in your heart. Manifesting love for God and love for others around you showcases the real image of God in you, which is characterized by purity, holiness and righteousness.
At the root of all the displacement, destruction and crime witnessed all over the world is the absence of love. Love is at the core of man’s existence. Love is the root of our salvation, and so, nothing genuine can be achieved among brethren if there is no love. When you have love, you will show compassion for those suffering and be willing to help. When you walk in love, you will no longer keep record of wrong done against you by others. Rather, you will let go and let God have His way in your life. True love is not easily offended, and it is always willing to forgive. It is this love that enables you to show kindness to those who hurt you, even though you have the power to harm or punish them. You choose to ignore their deeds because you know that there is nothing you have that you have not received from God. the word of God says prophesy and knowledge will fail, but love will always stand the test of time. Don’t envy others to the point of getting bitter with them. It is not a sign of love. Instead, let us encourage one another. You should not take other people for granted or malign others because you feel superior to them. A child of God should not revenge anything done against him or her, because vengeance is the Lord’s. Are you walking in love, or are you living in death?

KEY POINT:
If you love God, you won’t hate your fellow men.

HYMN 9:

Refrain:

Refrain:

A wondrous beauty I see,
Refrain:

Refrain:

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.