Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (822969 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (786) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Shelloween.

I know it seems you've done everything possible, maybe you've not done it well, maybe you prayed amiss. Maybe God isn't real to you. Why don't you listen to tapes? I'll recommend Pastor Sam Adeyemi to you.

The book is refined for rebirth by Ijeoma Okwuchi.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Shelloween(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Shelloween.

I know it seems you've done everything possible, maybe you've not done it well, maybe you prayed amiss. Maybe God isn't real to you. Why don't you listen to tapes? I'll recommend Pastor Sam Adeyemi to you.

The book is refined for rebirth by Ijeoma Okwuchi.
All right. I'll try them. I hope I see what I'm looking for. Though, I doubt I will. Thanks anyways.

Before I forget, there is a stupid piece I'm writing, more like a letter to God. You should read it, I'll post it on Nairaland. Thanks.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 10:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Shelloween:
All right. I'll try them. I hope I see what I'm looking for. Though, I doubt I will. Thanks anyways.

Before I forget, there is a stupid piece I'm writing, more like a letter to God. You should read it, I'll post it on Nairaland. Thanks.
I hope you do. Uwc..

Hmm.. Anticipating then.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
makydebbie:
I hope you do. Uwc..
Hmm.. Anticipating then.
Good afternoon Sis, your contributions on this thread are highly welcome
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Shelloween:

It is well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Julivas:

Good afternoon
Sis, your contributions on this thread are highly welcome
Thanks. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Thanks. smiley
Let's make it more lively name. Thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Julivas:

Let's make it more lively name.
Thanks
Okay. Uwc.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by AliHandsome(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hmm....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

SATURDAY 7TH OCTOBER, 2017

BE FAITHFUL

MEMORISE:
But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1Timothy 6:6

READ:
Luke 16:10-13
10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 4-6 & Daniel 4:4-18

A lot of people think it impossible to live a life of faithfulness, and for this reason, unfaithfulness has become a norm in today’s world. The world may tolerate unfaithfulness and live with its consequences, but we as children of God cannot afford to live a life of unfaithfulness. The Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthian 4:2 notifies us of God’s requirement in this regard:
“Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
Faithfulness has a secret which many may not recognize because it’s simply. This secret is revealed in today’s memory verse. It is contentment. Discontentment- an off-shoot of godlessness- makes a person live an unfaithful life. When you are contented with what you have, you won’t indulge in ungodly or immoral acts in order to get what you do not have. When you live a life of contentment, you won’t like King Ahab misuse your position to entrap an innocent person, so that you can take over what belongs to him or her (1 Kings 21). Contentment will prevent you from being envious of people under you who are being celebrated for faithfully discharging their duties to the glory of God. Lack of contentment made
Haman hate Mordecai, so much so that he planned to get rid of an innocent, dutiful but uncompromising doorman (Esther 5:11-14). Haman misused his position as a member of the king’s cabinet to pursue the destruction of innocent people (Esther 3:8-11). This is exactly what some people in privileged position are doing today, even though this is their own peril.
Faithfulness applies in terms of money and position, but it is also applicable in the use of your time. This is manifested in such areas as the time you are expected to spend at your place of work. It is ignorance that makes a child of God to think that he or she can spend just two out of the required eight hours at work, and then expect commendation by the God of Justice, when he or she brings the tithes of wages he or she did not work for. The Name of the Lord is blasphemed when a so-called child of God absconds from work for days- pursuing “missions”- only to come back and collect full wages covering the period of absence, in the full glare of unbelievers. God’s requirement of our faithfulness in stewardship applies to every area of our lives. My prayer is that the Almighty God will open your eyes to see the different areas of life you are lacking in faithfulness, and grant you grace to live faithfully in all areas. Through faithfulness, unbelievers will see the light and glorify your Father who is in Heaven. This virtue of faithfulness was the reason why employers of labor came to our Church in those days to recruit workers for their secular establishments. May God bring such days back to us in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, through Your Spirit, please help me to be faithful in life as a steward of the name of Jesus Christ.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
Shelloween:

Analice107.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by analice107: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Analice107.
Present.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
analice107:

Present.
Yea thanks for coming, you can quote him and talk to him.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by analice107: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Yea thanks for coming, you can quote him and talk to him.
I have responded to him. I hope what i typed is not too long to scare him off? Some people hate long posts.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by makydebbie(f): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
analice107:

I have responded to him. I hope what i typed is not too long to scare him off? Some people hate long posts.
No dear, it's on point. He created a thread sef lemme mention you there.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2017

SUNDAY 8TH OCTOBER, 2017

GOD’S KIND OF LOVE

MEMORISE:
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

READ:
1 Corinthians 13:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 7-9 & Daniel 4:19-27

Today’s memory verse gives us a glimpse of what God’s kind of love is all about. This scripture reveals one truth about God’s kind of love, which is that it is unconditional. God loves unconditionally, and His love prompts Him to forgive unconditionally! If God had chosen to wait until we became saints before extending His saving love to us, no one would be saved. Some years ago, one of my sons illustrated the unconditional nature of God’s love. In his place of work, his secretary did something unprofessional, and so he moved him out of his office to another role within the department. While suspending this man from his role as secretary, my son strangely instructed him to hold on to the computer he had been working with, and told him to retain all the files that were on it. Some months later, he reinstated this fellow to his old role as secretary. Surprised at his reinstatement, this secretary was initially not comfortable at his former desk, but my son reassured him that he had been forgiven. He said to him, “I had forgiven you even before you asked for forgiveness. Why do you think I told you to retain the computer and keep the files? I forgave you and restored you even as I was suspending you from office. I planned your reinstatement right from that day, and I didn’t want you to return and start from scratch, which is why I left the computer with you even though you were no longer my secretary”. This secretary was dumbfounded.
In today’s Bible reading, we are enlightened on the characteristics of God’s kind of love. The Holy Spirit in these verses first declares the importance of this kind of love, without which life is worthless and meaningless. He then begins to list the characteristics of God’s love. Only God’s type of love suffers long and shows unusual kindness. God is sovereign and all-powerful, so He needs not envy anyone, neither does He need anybody to pump up His ego. God’s love contains no evil (James 1:13). Contrary to some people’s perception, God’s kind of love does not condone or rejoice in iniquity. Some pastors think that the best way of showing God’s kind of love is not to rebuke sinners. Nothing could be further from the truth! God’s kind of love is what Paul instructed Timothy to demonstrate in fulfilling his ministry, by reproving, rebuking and exhorting those he was ministering to with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2). My advice to you is that you embrace God’s love as personified by His Son, Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the whole world.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let Your love be shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit in Jesus' Name.

HYMN 2:
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Dannan: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
AMEN.
Julivas:

SUNDAY 8TH OCTOBER, 2017

GOD’S KIND OF LOVE

MEMORISE:
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

READ:
1 Corinthians 13:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 7-9 & Daniel 4:19-27

Today’s memory verse gives us a glimpse of what God’s kind of love is all about. This scripture reveals one truth about God’s kind of love, which is that it is unconditional. God loves unconditionally, and His love prompts Him to forgive unconditionally! If God had chosen to wait until we became saints before extending His saving love to us, no one would be saved. Some years ago, one of my sons illustrated the unconditional nature of God’s love. In his place of work, his secretary did something unprofessional, and so he moved him out of his office to another role within the department. While suspending this man from his role as secretary, my son strangely instructed him to hold on to the computer he had been working with, and told him to retain all the files that were on it. Some months later, he reinstated this fellow to his old role as secretary. Surprised at his reinstatement, this secretary was initially not comfortable at his former desk, but my son reassured him that he had been forgiven. He said to him, “I had forgiven you even before you asked for forgiveness. Why do you think I told you to retain the computer and keep the files? I forgave you and restored you even as I was suspending you from office. I planned your reinstatement right from that day, and I didn’t want you to return and start from scratch, which is why I left the computer with you even though you were no longer my secretary”. This secretary was dumbfounded.
In today’s Bible reading, we are enlightened on the characteristics of God’s kind of love. The Holy Spirit in these verses first declares the importance of this kind of love, without which life is worthless and meaningless. He then begins to list the characteristics of God’s love. Only God’s type of love suffers long and shows unusual kindness. God is sovereign and all-powerful, so He needs not envy anyone, neither does He need anybody to pump up His ego. God’s love contains no evil (James 1:13). Contrary to some people’s perception, God’s kind of love does not condone or rejoice in iniquity. Some pastors think that the best way of showing God’s kind of love is not to rebuke sinners. Nothing could be further from the truth! God’s kind of love is what Paul instructed Timothy to demonstrate in fulfilling his ministry, by reproving, rebuking and exhorting those he was ministering to with all longsuffering and doctrine (2 Timothy 4:2). My advice to you is that you embrace God’s love as personified by His Son, Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the whole world.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let Your love be shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit in Jesus' Name.

HYMN 2:
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

MONDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2017

REPRESENTING GOD?

MEMORISE:
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1Timothy 4:12

READ:
2 Thessalonians 3:1-8

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 10-11
Daniel 4:28-37

Who are you? If you are a child of God, then you must behave like God and reflect all that He represents. God is love. He is pure and there is no darkness in Him. If you are a child of the devil, your life will be patterned after the devil. I am a branch of Jesus because I am permanently rooted in Him. What about you? As a child of the Most High God, you are expected to demonstrate His nature everywhere you find yourself. You are an ambassador of Jesus Christ, called to show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). To be a representative of God to the world and a role model among believers, it is required of you to surrender yourself solely to Him. By so doing, you will be laying a good foundation for others to emulate. In many churches today, their modus operandi is “do as I say” and not “as I do”. This was not the example that the believers of old showed us. Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:1 boldly said:
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
He saw himself as a worthy follower of Christ, and he was not ashamed to tell us to follow his footsteps.
As an ambassador of Christ, you have a mandate to fulfill for the Lord in this generation. You have been positioned at such a time as this to be relevant in the scheme of things. Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego stood out from the crowd. They did not allow the privileges of royalty to deny them of their place in God. They were role models for the world to see, and they did great exploits for God because they had an understanding of the times and season they lived in. Do not engage in any despicable act that will cause men to despise your God. Do not engage in folly and a questionable lifestyle that will destroy what God has planned for you. The world must know that you are a believer, not just in word but also in deeds. Let your life be an epistle for people to read. Do not do anything in secrecy that will tarnish your image, because the devil is going round looking for great soldiers in God’s battalion to discredit. The devil will never go after those who have nothing to offer. He is after the “Esthers” because he wants to stop them before they get to the king’s palace. He is after the “Daniels” because he wants to stop them from being relevant in life and in governance. He is after the “Nehemiahs” because he can’t stand them rebuilding the broken walls of godliness. To finish well, you must be resolute and determined. Irrespective of the odds against you, you must push through, break barriers and fulfill your destiny in grand style. Be a model of Christ to all men in word, in conversation, in love, in hospitality and in godliness.

KEY POINT:
If you steadfastly take a stand for God, you will not fall by the wayside of life.

HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
Refrain:

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Refrain:

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Refrain:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by hurricanekatrina(f): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
D877ED57.... female

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2017

TUESDAY 10TH OCTOBER, 2017

I SHALL NOT BE POOR

MEMORISE:
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him. Proverbs 19:7

READ:
1Chronicles 4:9-10
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 12-14 & Daniel 5:1-12

Having tasted poverty and a little bit of wealth, I can tell you that wealth is better than poverty. If you are living in poverty, I prophesy over you that God will lift you out of poverty in Jesus’ Name. One of the reasons why I hate poverty so much is because of what Proverbs 14:20 says about the poor:
“The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.”
In today’s Bible reading, we are introduced to a Bible hero who experienced poverty, but who was not hypocritical about his undesirable condition. This fellow was Jabez. His mother named him Jebez because she gave birth to him with sorrow. As Jabez grew up, he started experiencing the meaning of his name, and so, he decided to do something about it. It is unfortunate that many people, even some children of God, bear names with negative meanings and connotations, and yet they refuse to do something about it, even after they start sensing the negative influence of such names on their lives. My prayer for you today is that the Almighty God will give you a name that will wipe away generational curses plaguing your life in Jesus’s Name. What Jabez did to change his situation is a common thing that some people don’t consider necessary: he prayed.
There are many lessons we can learn from the life of Jabez, the first of which is that Jabez called on the God he knew was a prayer-answering God - the God of Israel. The question is, who are you calling upon? Psalm 5:3 clearly tells us who we should direct our prayers to:
“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”
A second lesson to learn from Jabez is that he did not ask for a small blessing; rather, he prayed that God should bless him indeed. Thirdly, he prayed that God will be with him in his prosperity and keep him from evil. It is an open secret that many rich people live in one calamity or the other. Jabez knew this, and so he prayed against riches that attract evil. What a great man who knew the ways of God! If you want poverty to be history in your life, you have to do something about it. Jabez can be classified as someone who was destined to die in penury, but he prayed himself out of poverty and God heard him. Jesus is the way out of poverty (2 Corinthians 8:9). The life that He gives and His principles will lift you out of poverty. Therefore, give your life to Him without further delay today, and poverty shall become history in your life in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please bless me indeed with Your blessing that adds no sorrow.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Dannan: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
poverty has become history in my life and family In JESUS CHRIST NAME AMEN. I AM BLESSED AMEN.
Julivas:

TUESDAY 10TH OCTOBER, 2017

I SHALL NOT BE POOR

MEMORISE:
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him. Proverbs 19:7

READ:
1Chronicles 4:9-10
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 12-14 & Daniel 5:1-12

Having tasted poverty and a little bit of wealth, I can tell you that wealth is better than poverty. If you are living in poverty, I prophesy over you that God will lift you out of poverty in Jesus’ Name. One of the reasons why I hate poverty so much is because of what Proverbs 14:20 says about the poor:
“The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.”
In today’s Bible reading, we are introduced to a Bible hero who experienced poverty, but who was not hypocritical about his undesirable condition. This fellow was Jabez. His mother named him Jebez because she gave birth to him with sorrow. As Jabez grew up, he started experiencing the meaning of his name, and so, he decided to do something about it. It is unfortunate that many people, even some children of God, bear names with negative meanings and connotations, and yet they refuse to do something about it, even after they start sensing the negative influence of such names on their lives. My prayer for you today is that the Almighty God will give you a name that will wipe away generational curses plaguing your life in Jesus’s Name. What Jabez did to change his situation is a common thing that some people don’t consider necessary: he prayed.
There are many lessons we can learn from the life of Jabez, the first of which is that Jabez called on the God he knew was a prayer-answering God - the God of Israel. The question is, who are you calling upon? Psalm 5:3 clearly tells us who we should direct our prayers to:
“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”
A second lesson to learn from Jabez is that he did not ask for a small blessing; rather, he prayed that God should bless him indeed. Thirdly, he prayed that God will be with him in his prosperity and keep him from evil. It is an open secret that many rich people live in one calamity or the other. Jabez knew this, and so he prayed against riches that attract evil. What a great man who knew the ways of God! If you want poverty to be history in your life, you have to do something about it. Jabez can be classified as someone who was destined to die in penury, but he prayed himself out of poverty and God heard him. Jesus is the way out of poverty (2 Corinthians 8:9). The life that He gives and His principles will lift you out of poverty. Therefore, give your life to Him without further delay today, and poverty shall become history in your life in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please bless me indeed with Your blessing that adds no sorrow.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2017

WEDNESDAY 11TH OCTOBER, 2017

BE OF GOOD CHEER

MEMORISE:
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. Proverbs 15:13

READ:
Matthew 14:23-27

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 15-16 & Daniel 5:13-28

The message in today’s memory verse is food for thought for those children of God who think that being sorrowful or morose is a Christian virtue. A glooming spirit is of the devil, who wants us to be in sorrow continually. In contrast to this, God wants all His children to be happy. The Holy Spirit in Isaiah 61:3 said that God gives joy to the sorrowful:
“To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.”
The Lord Jesus Christ, who came to demonstrate the nature and character of God, read the above scripture in a synagogue on a certain day, and He declared:
“This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.” Luke 4:21b
By this declaration, as a child of God, you should not live in sorrow anymore.
All through the course of Jesus’ earthly ministry, one statement that was common with Him was, “Be of good cheer”. In other words, “Have a merry heart”. He continually said this because He knew that a merry heart results in a smiling face and is like medicine to the body and soul (Proverbs 15:13, Proverbs 17:22). For example, in John 16:33, Jesus told the disciples to be of good cheer because He had overcome the world. This means that, as children of God, we should not go about in life wearing a sorrowful face in self-pity - not even when we are confronted with the challenges of life. In the story of the man afflicted with the palsy, Jesus told him to be of good cheer because his sins were forgiven (Matthew 9:2). In other words, "Son, although your sins brought this sickness to your life, you are now forgiven, and you are made whole." I prophesy to you today, irrespective of the agonising condition your past life has brought into your present, the Lord will redeem you today. You are forgiven by the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, and you will be happy again in Jesus’ Name. In today’s Bible reading, the disciples were in the midst of the sea and its waves tossed them here and there. In the midst of palpable fear and despair, Jesus came to them and rebuked their faithlessness, before rebuking the destructive wind. He then encouraged them to be of good cheer. In like manner, the Lord is speaking to you today that you will not drown in that situation. Be cheerful because Emmanuel is with you. Your joy shall come, and it shall come in full measure in Jesus' Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, flood my heart with unspeakable joy today and for ever more.

HYMN 4:
1.Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well:
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us;
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Christ hath purchased full salvation,
All, all is well:
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful, if in Christ abiding;
Holy, through the Spirit’s guiding;
All must be well.

3. We expect a bright to-morrow,
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well:
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
Then in living or in dying,
All must be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2017

THURSDAY 12TH OCTOBER, 2017

OBEDIENT CHILDREN

MEMORISE:
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Exodus 20:12

READ:
Ephesians 6:1-3
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 1-3 & Daniel 5:29-6:13

Children are assets of the Almighty God entrusted to our care. We must therefore ensure that we do all we can to nurture them for the Lord and not for ourselves. We should strive to receive commendation from the Lord for our efforts in bringing them up as children He can be proud of. Raising children in today’s world is serious business. Unfortunately, we live in a world where parents have left to chance or entirely neglected the huge task of bringing up their children in the fear of the Lord. Many parents justify themselves by concluding that they are helpless, and they shift the blame for their own failures to the happenings in the society. In the time of father Abraham, there were also parents who did not bring up their children to follow the path of God, but for Abraham, his testimony was different. God said this concerning him in Genesis 18:19:
“For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”
If you want to raise children who will be obedient to the Lord, you must be ready to start right from the beginning of the child’s life. That is what parenting is all about. It involves training and educating a child from the phase of infancy through to adulthood. If you carry out the job of parenting as unto the Lord, you will be well rewarded by Him. There are many parents who realized late in life that they have neglected their roles as parents. In order to make amends, some of them begin to make efforts at “repairing” the lives of their children, but at that point, they discover it has become a herculean task.
Obedient children are godly children, committed to a life of honesty in all they do. Such children will never bring shame, reproach or embarrassment to the God of their fathers, because they have a deep understanding of the covenant upon which they have been groomed. There are parents today who have lost control of their children. Some other parents have turned their children into symbols of idolatry. They fear their children more than they fear God. May that not be your portion in Jesus’ Name. Obedient children must honour their parents. They must respect them irrespective of their status in society, if they want to live a life without regret. When their parents need their attention or help, they must be there for them. They must also be ready to submit willfully to their instructions, corrections and rebuke. There are children who bring sorrow to their parents. On the other hand, children of destiny bring great comfort to everyone around them. Are you a child of destiny?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let my children please You always, and grant me grace to care for my parents.

HYMN 16:
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
God give us Christian homes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2017

FRIDAY 13TH OCTOBER, 2017

GOD’S WATCHMAN

MEMORISE:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

READ:
Exodus 33:1-6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 4-7 & Daniel 6:14-28

Humanity is perishing every day because of sin. So many people are unaware of the truth of God’s word about the consequences of sin, and some who know this truth are drawing back from it. Due to the pervasiveness of iniquity in the world today, those who used to be very hot for the Lord are now cooling off in the flesh, while some have even departed from the faith completely. The irony of it all is that the Church is behaving as if all is well. The world is blind and needs to know about God. As God’s watchman, you are the light of the world. You are a city set on a hill, and you are the salt of the earth. However, are you measuring up to God’s expectation in the area of your responsibilities towards the great commission? How many sinners have you spoken to about the consequences of their actions? How many souls have you followed up this year? Many believers who are supposed to be God’s watchmen are now complacent; they are no longer aware of what the Spirit is saying. Today, there is so much religion without the visible demonstration of the power of the Holy Ghost. It is through salvation in Jesus that there can be restoration of life to those dying in sin. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is for the purpose of going into all part of the world to effect deliverance of all those held captive by Satan (Acts 1:cool.
As God’s watchman, you cannot afford to remain empty spiritually. You must be fruitful (John 15:16). We need to wake up and start bearing fruit if we do not want to be condemned. Most of the things happening around us today that have become a threat to the Body of Christ are happening because we are not doing what God expects of us. If we preach the true gospel as handed over to us by the apostles of old, the Church of God today will be more vibrant, healthier and spiritually active. If you will be equipped for the great assignment of the great commission, you need to avoid falling into the sin of covetousness, pride, self-centeredness, love of money, and ambition for power. We need to go to God in prayer and ask for His fire to be released upon our hearts, so that we can recover lost grounds. To God’s watchmen, He is saying return to the great commission. The great commission is God’s ultimate assignment, and it entails transforming people from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Let the gospel be preached to all people in all places. If there are places you can’t go yourself, make arrangements to send others there to do the work. The gospel of reconciliation is a message of universal concern, and we can all make a difference as we play our part.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to play my role in Your Kingdom agenda.

HYMN 13:
1. Wonderful story of love;
Tell it to me again;
Wonderful story of love;
Wake the immortal strain!
Angels with rapture announce it,
Shepherds with wonder receive it;
Sinner, oh, won’t you believe it?
Wonderful story of love.

Refrain:
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Wonderful, wonderful story of love.

2. Wonderful story of love;
Though you are far away;
Wonderful story of love;
Still He doth call today;
Calling from Calvary’s mountain,
Down from the crystal-bright fountain,
E’en from the dawn of creation,
Wonderful story of love.
Refrain:

3. Wonderful story of love;
Jesus provides a rest;
Wonderful story of love;
For all the pure and blest,
Rest in those mansions above us,
With those who’ve gone on before us,
Singing the rapturous chorus,
Wonderful story of love.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
You are unique in every sense of the word and your not believing the fact does not change that reality. It can only deprive generations the beauty of your uniqueness...

https://unispire..com.ng/?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2017

SATURDAY 14TH OCTOBER, 2017

ONE WITH GOD IS A MAJORITY

MEMORISE:
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 2 Kings 6:16

READ:
2 Kings 6:8-17

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Corinthians 8-10 & Daniel 7:1-12

One fundamental reason why some people have their back against godly living is that the ungodly are more in number than those who are godly. It takes faith in God to live a godly life in this age of political correctness, the ascendancy of the philosophies of relativism and humanism, and agitation for the “fundamental human rights” of people involved in acts that are despicable to God. The age-long saying that “one with God is majority” is no longer popular because no one wants to suffer humiliation and marginalization by the ungodly majority. The story in our Bible reading demonstrates the truth that one with God is indeed a majority. While waging war against the king of Israel, the king of Syria discovered that all the tactical information he was discussing with his generals was somehow revealed to the king of Israel again and again. The king of Syria was so troubled by this, because he thought he had a mole among his men, divulging all his secrets to the king of Israel. My prayer for you today is that God will expose every plan of your enemies to you, and all their destructive schemes against you will fail in Jesus’ Name. When the king of Syria discovered that Elisha was the divine informant leaking his secrets, he ordered his arrest. On seeing the great host of the king of Syria that came by night to arrest his master, the servant of the prophet was so afraid and he cried out to Elisha, “Alas, my master! How shall we do?” the prophet, in 2 Kings 6:16, answered thus:
“...Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.”
After Elisha prayed that the Lord should open the eyes of his servant, the young prophet saw an angelic host with horses and chariots of fire around where they were. There and then, he believed that indeed there is a majority of hosts with the one who is on the Lord’s side.
The question is, are you on God’s side? You have no reason to fear if indeed you are with God. When we are in the minority from a physical perspective, our Lord Jesus Christ warns us against being discouraged, because with God on our side, we are always in the majority. After all, Jesus’ Name is Emmanuel, which means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). 1 John 4:4 says,
“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
I therefore encourage you to move on to the righteous side of God today. Moving on to the side of Jesus Christ is moving on to the side of victory, redemption and peaceful living.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, I have learnt that one with You is a majority; I therefore come to declare anew my allegiance to You. Please receive me to Your side and fight my battle for me.

HYMN 18:
1. Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go!

Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
Going on before.

2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!
[Refrain]

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
One charity.
[Refrain]

4. Onward, then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
[Refrain]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Saturday October 14, 2017

ONE WITH GOD IS A MAJORITY

Memorise : And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 2 Kings 6:16

Read: 2 Kings 6:8-17

6:8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.

6:9 And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; for thither the Syrians are come down.

6:10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.

6:11 Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel?

6:12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.

6:13 And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.

6:14 Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.

6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

One fundamental reason why some people have their back against godly living is that the ungodly are more in number than those who are godly. It takes faith in God to live a godly life in this age of political correctness, the ascendancy of the philosophies of relativism and humanism, and agitation for the “fundamental human rights” of people involved in acts that are despicable to God.

The age-long saying that “one with God is majority” is no longer popular because no one wants to suffer humiliation and marginalization by the ungodly majority. The story in our Bible reading demonstrates the truth that one with God is indeed a majority. While waging war against the king of Israel, the king of Syria discovered that all the tactical information he was discussing with his generals was somehow revealed to the king of Israel again and again. The king of Syria was so troubled by this, because he thought he had a mole among his men, divulging all his secrets to the king of Israel.

My prayer for you today is that God will expose every plan of your enemies to you, and all their destructive schemes against you will fail in Jesus’ Name.

When the king of Syria discovered that Elisha was the divine informant leaking his secrets, he ordered his arrest. On seeing the great host of the king of Syria that came by night to arrest his master, the servant of the prophet was so afraid and he cried out to Elisha, “Alas, my master! How shall we do?” the prophet, in 2 Kings 6:16, answered thus:

“...Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.”

After Elisha prayed that the Lord should open the eyes of his servant, the young prophet saw an angelic host with horses and chariots of fire around where they were. There and then, he believed that indeed there is a majority of hosts with the one who is on the Lord’s side.

The question is, are you on God’s side? You have no reason to fear if indeed you are with God. When we are in the minority from a physical perspective, our Lord Jesus Christ warns us against being discouraged, because with God on our side, we are always in the majority. After all, Jesus’ Name is Emmanuel, which means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). 1 John 4:4 says,

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

I therefore encourage you to move on to the righteous side of God today. Moving on to the side of Jesus Christ is moving on to the side of victory, redemption and peaceful living.

PRAYER POINT :
Father, I have learnt that one with You is a majority; I therefore come to declare anew my allegiance to You. Please receive me to Your side and fight my battle for me.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
2 Corinthians 8-10;
Daniel 7:1-12

HYMN 18: ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER

1. Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go! 

Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
Going on before.

2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!
[Refrain]

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
One charity.
[Refrain] 

4. Onward, then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
[Refrain]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Have you praised God today?
Just call these names,don't Stop

1. Wonderful
2. Counsellor
3. Prince of Peace
4. Eternal Rock of Ages
5. King of Glory
6. Mighty God
7. King of kings
8. Lord of lords
9. Lord of hosts
10. Lilly of the valley
11. Healer
12. Deliverer
13. Provider
14. Creator
15. Potter
16. Day Star
17. Cornerstone
18. Prophet of prophets
19. Saviour
20. I AM THAT I AM
21. Wisdom of God
22. Head of the church
23. Governor
24. Righteous Judge
25. Protector
26. Rock of offence
27. Shield
28. Merciful God
29. Gracious God
30. Faithful God
31. Giver
32. Victorious in Holiness
33. Consuming Fire
34. El Elyon
35. Jehovah Raphael
36. Jehovah Rohi
37. Jehovah Jireh
38. Jehovah Elgibor
39. Jehovah Sham ah
40. Jehovah Shalom
41. El Olam
42. Defender
43. Redeemer
44. Comforter
45. Trinity in Council
46. Instructor
47. Teacher
48. Inspirer
49. Reminder
50. Invinsible God
51. Hope of Glory
52. Lion of Judah
53. Root of Jesse
54. Man of war
55. Lamb of God
56. Sustainer
57. Convincer
58. Light of the world
59. Restorer
60. Silencer
61. Stiller of storms
62. Proclaimer
63. Father of the fatherless
64. Husband of the widow
65. Smith of heaven
66. The Way
67. The Truth
68. The Life
69. Bread of life
70. Bread Winner
71. Champion of champions
72. Winner of winners
73. Composer
74. Author
75. Finisher
76. Glorious in Holiness
77. Fearful in praises
78. Sleepless God
79. Ancient of days
80. Ageless God
81. Eternal God
82. Excellent God
83. Powerful God
84. Leader of leaders
85. Chief Inventor
86. Convener
87. Compassionate God
88. Commander-in-Chief of heavenly host
89. Worthy King
90. Overseer
91. Moulder
92. Shaper
93. Breaker
94. Praiseworthy God
95. Helper
96. Richer than the richest
97. Older than the oldest
98. Trustworthy God
99. Arranger
100. Master Builder
101. Master Planner
102. Master Minder
103. Arrester
104. Relentless God
105. Voice of hope
106. Beautiful God
107. Alpha and Omega
108.Game Changer
109. Our Refuge
110. Our fortress
111. Our Buckler
112. Our Banner
113. Strong Tower
114. Unchanging changer
115. Rose of Sharon
116. All in All
117. Pillar of our lives
118. The First Born
119. Lamb that was slain
120. The Glory & lifter of our heads
121. The word of God
122. Our Advocate
123. Our High Priest
124. Bishop of our souls
125. High and Lofty one
126. Almighty
127. Our Best Friend
128. On time God
129 Lion of Judah
130 Omnipotent
131. Omnipresent
132 Omniscient
133. Consumming fire Adonai
134. The beginning & the end
135 Living water
136 Unquenchable fire
137. Awesome God
138 I salute your excellency Baba
139 Battle stopper
140 Unquestionable God.
141 Jehova shikenu,
142 Mighty one in battle.
143 Glorious in Holiness,
144 Fearful in praises.
145 Mighty man of valour.
146 Miracle worker.
147 Rock of ages.
148 Merciful God
149 Advocate.
150 Always doing wonders.
151 Amen and Hallelujah.
152 Answer to prayers.
153 Intercessor.
154 Interceptor.
155 Balm of Gilead
There is no one like him. To Him Be The Glory Forever Amen
May God bless all those who will read these wonderful names of God to the end and share the blessings to others by sending to 6 people you love and care about.Tell more than ten people,i will not lose you this remaining part of the year 2017. send it back to me if you luv me...:*����. I won't lose u!. I LUV U soo Much```*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2017
I pray for you this glorious morning that, the same situation that makes you depressed and sleepless will begin to make you joyful and peaceful as from this moment in Jesus name. The bad experience that seems you can never forget will soon become things you can hardly remember, because of the new song God will give you today in Jesus name. May every trouble of yours, become a stepping stone to your victory in Jesus name. I declare your day of joy will not meet you in the grave in Jesus name. May you live to witness more greater exploits in Jesus marvelous name. Amen. Good morning and stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 11:37am On Oct 14, 2017
_*NEVER AGAIN*_��

� _Never again will I say *"I CAN'T"* because I can do all things through Christ Jesus._
� *Philippians 4:13*

� _Never again will I say *"I DON'T HAVE"* because my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches._
� *Philippians 4:19*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM AFRAID"* because God has not given me a spirit of cowardice but a spirit of power._
� *2 Timothy 1:7*

� _Never again will I say *"I LACK FAITH"* because God has given to every man a measure of faith._
� *Romans 12:3*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM WEAK"* because the Lord is the strength of my life._
� *Psalm 27:1*

� _Never again will I say *"SATAN IS POWERFUL"* because greater is the God that is in me than the evil in the world._
� *1 John 4:4*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM DEFEATED"* because we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus._
� *Romans 8:37*

� _Never again will I say *"I LACK WISDOM"* because Christ has become for us the wisdom of God._
� *1Corinthians 1:30*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM SICK"* because through His stripes we are healed._
� *Isaiah 53:5*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM BURDENED"* because I cast all my burdens upon Jesus who cares for me._
� *1 Peter 5:7*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM IN BONDAGE"* because where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom._
� *2Corithians 3:17*

� _Never again will I say *"I AM CONDEMNED"* because there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus._
� *Romans 8:1*

*May God bless you Today Tomorrow and Always.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
​​SIX GREAT LESSONS FROM SIX GREAT MEN​​�*

​1) E.A.ADEBOYE:​ ​Humility is not stupidity or mediocrity. You can live in humility,purity and prosperity at the same time.​

​2) W.F.KUMUYI:​ ​Holiness is not a big deal but the real deal. And holiness is never an excuse for poverty. You can be richly holy.​

​3) DAVID O OYEDEPO:​ ​Faith is a risk you must continue to take if you must continue to be a burden to none and a lift to others.​

​4) DR. D.K. OLUKOYA:​ ​In the school of destiny discovery, recovery and fulfilment, everyone is a fighter, consciously or unconsciously. You have to fight against something if you must be anything in life.​

​5) PAUL ENENCHE:​ ​You don't have to be big in stature to dare big project. You don't need a big stature to make big impact. All you need is God's grace, big heart and right mentality.​

​6) DAVID IBIYEOME:​ ​You cannot experience divine enlargement on every side until you enlarge your mind set. And nothing will move until you make the move.​

​​BREAD for the BRETHREN​​

​IF YOU WANT TO BE STRONG​
​......then:​

​1. Reduce Food.​
​2. Reduce Sleep.​
​3. Reduce Talks.​
​4. Reduce Movies.​
​5. Reduce Sugar.​

​1. Remove Grudges.​
​2. Remove Show (Self display).​
​3. Remove Lust.​
​4. Remove Darkness.​
​5. Remove Distractions.​

​1. Be more Holy.​
​2. Be more Happy.​
​3. Be more Honest.​
​4. Be more Thankful.​
​5. Be more Simple.​

​1. Increase Praying.​
​2. Increase Study (WORD).​
​3. Increase Exercise.​
​4. Increase Fasting.​
​5. Increase Giving.​

​1. Be Discipline.​
​2. Be Sober.​
​3. Be Humble.​
​4. Be Timely.​
​5. Be Faithful.​
​6. Be Positive.​
​7. Be Ready.​
​8. Be Sensitive.​
​9. Be Anointed.​
​10. Be Peaceful.​

​1. Always Smile.​
​2. Always Retreat.​
​3. Always Remember.​
​4. Always Practice.​
​5. Always Learn.​

​1. Restrict Movement.​
​2. Receive Counsel.​
​3. Engage Wisdom.​
​4. Resist the Devil.​
​5. Avoid sin.​

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
*WHO ARE U DECEIVING ?*
�You got angry in church and stopped being the member of the choir, left ushering, stopped sanctuary cleaning and every other work you were doing in church.

Eventually you've stopped going to the church because someone spoke to you in a way you didn't like...

Most of the messages from the pulpit was against you from your opinion...

Nobody called you when you were sick because according to you, "they do not love or care in the church..."

But pls excuse me...

You've not stopped working for the boss who insults you most of the time, neither have you stopped work because your colleagues spoke ill of you... (Money was the reason)

When you were sick, you didn't wait for your boss to call you or look for you at work. Rather, you called and told him about your present condition. No complaint about him not visiting you (Fear of query or loss of the job)

Do you remember that at school, your teachers, your schoolmates and or even your best friends offended you, yet you didn't stop schooling..

You can easily miss Church but not lectures because the lecturer will take attendance which counts in assessment

You can be late with your appointment with God at Church but you will be extra early for your visa interview at the embassy... �

Who are you deceiving?

I don't blame you too much. Maybe you don't know or you don't have adequate revelation about Church...

Please, Hear Me!� Church is not a "No Offense Club" where all things be must done to please you and you alone.

What have you done in church for the good of others?

According to Scripture the first knowledge everybody must have about Church is that... It's *The House Of God* and *The Gate of Heaven*... � Genesis 28:17...

Your charisma may take you there but your salvation and spirit-led life will decide whether you will enter heaven or not.

Your service to God must be with reverential fear, honor and respect.

God is watching... � �_
Change your attitude.
Please forward to your contacts and let's effect a positive change for God

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (786) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.