Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. (3032 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Tithe: Has It Been Cancelled By Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Tithing works!!! Just be faithful in it, it one tent of your income in everything.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by stpat1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2012
Very true

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by starbasi(m): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
true talk,bro

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks friends for understanding me!
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
Have you guys heard of Payday Nigeria financial network?
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by guyANDROID1: 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
Nope tell us more
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2012
It offers it members a get five get rich program,were you can become rich by just having five downlines. it working. See it @ www.paydaynigeria.com
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by emailguru: 3:55am On Nov 27, 2012
I agree totally with you, I remember when I was not paying my tithes, things were really tough, at a point, I lost every penny I made online to criminals. You know of the Biblical devourers, it is absolutely true! The only sure way to prosperity is by being faithful with your tithe.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by miqos02(m): 4:40am On Nov 27, 2012
@op,you may be right but I believe it depends on your faith,I don't do tithes but I give offerings,most churches don't God's instructions on tithes
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Oahray: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2012
Paying tithes isnt compulsory for Christians because Christ has replaced the levitical priesthood, and the convenant which included the law.
Cheerful giving is what God loves. What is more the tithing done by churches today isnt the same as that done in the Bible.
If your church keeps harping on tithes, your pastor wants his own private jet.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by miqos02(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2012
Oahray: Paying tithes isnt compulsory for Christians because Christ has replaced the levitical priesthood, and the convenant which included the law.
Cheerful giving is what God loves. What is more the tithing done by churches today isnt the same as that done in the Bible.
If your church keeps harping on tithes, your pastor wants his own private jet.
u are on point,giving thanks offering is what Jesus recommended
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2012
Tithing is not part of the law, it part of the new convenant. Abraham our father of faith paid tithe. And the book malachi is not among the law. Tithing is compulsory for all,and everybody pays tithe because you either pay to God or you pay to the d evil.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by UjSizzle(f): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2012
miqos02: u are on point,giving thanks offering is what Jesus recommended

and tithing isn't a thanks offering? Lol why did baba Abby n Jacob pay tithe then?
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by PastorKun(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2012
shocked I can't believe that despite all the teachings on the fallacy of christian tithing on this forum, peeps are still deluding themselves into believing the scam. Christians are not required to tithe wake up and study your bible.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by PastorKun(m): 9:15am On Nov 27, 2012
To those of you who have been misled into believing tithing is a christian requirement, you may wish to follow this thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1109402/tithing-ended-abolished-n.t-exposition i am certain you would learn a thing or two.

Also feel free to ask me any question on tithes and i would give you a 100% bible based answer that would allow you understand the subject better.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by engrtee(f): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
Trade by barter, u gve pastor tithe 4 jet, he make u rich
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
paying Tithe opens doors to greed in this context !
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Delafruita(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
sambennywhite: Have you guys heard of Payday Nigeria financial network?
why didnt you just go straight to the point?

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by plaetton: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: why didnt you just go straight to the point?

Just another snake oils salesman trying to sell his wares. LOL

How else could you easily con anyone except through religious faith. They are an inexhaustible resource for conmen.
lol
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by PastorKun(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
Delafruita: why didnt you just go straight to the point?

grin grin grin
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by dorox(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
sambennywhite: It offers it members a get five get rich program,were you can become rich by just having five downlines. it working. See it @ www.paydaynigeria.com
Another pyramid scheme being peddled by a greedy and wicked person cloaked in religious piety

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by sambennywhite: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
The book of malachi settles it all.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by PastorKun(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
sambennywhite: The book of malachi settles it all.

Quoting the malachi passage to justify tithing in the church shows that you have very little knowledge/understanding of scriptures as the tithe subjext was more thoroughly addressed in at least eight other books in the bible. If you study the scriptures well especially hebrews 7 were tithing was anulled, you would know that christians have no business keeping the obsolete mosaic law of tithes.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by miqos02(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
uj_sizzle:

and tithing isn't a thanks offering? Lol why did baba Abby n Jacob pay tithe then?
sweet hrt,tithe is different from offering. U pay a tithe from profits but u give offering even when u are losing
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by taigee: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
@Pastorkum And @frosbel. Christianity is not a set of rules u follow without benefits. Tithing is scriptural and when you practice it in faith you will experience the blessings promised. It is not a subject of debate because it is scriptural. Have you not stopped to think that those that have remained faithful to their tithing for years must have some benefits they see to keep at it for so long?
Your argument cannot change the personal experiences of practitioners of tithing and the personal encounter via the teaching ministry of the Holy Ghost to spiritual believers.
The Bible is too deep for you to claim you understand scriptures all. One revelation in the word can rubbish all your theological theory. Think about this, how did Paul the Apostle know all he wrote in the epistles? By revelation of cause.
The Scriptures is not for debate, it is for exercise in faith with proofs because nobody doubts proofs.
I have personal proofs of the results of tithing and giving to the kingdom of God through the various covenant channels. Your continuous arguments and distortion of scriptures cannot change that.
Jesus said;
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
If you won't follow the Biblical teaching on tithing? Don't. But stop trying to stop those who would. Some of us having payed God (Note: not my Pastor) Tithe for several years now and I don't regret it one bit. I am blessed.
Your continuous Yapping on scams by pastor does not change the scriptures.
Remember,
1Co 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
God's ways are too deep for anyone to claim he knows it all.
But as for any fraudulent Pastor, I leave them to God. I didn't give my tithe to the pastor i gave it to God. When he mismanages it, he has God to answer to. Remember the Children of Eli.
@OP thanks for speaking out what you believe.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by PastorKun(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
@taigee
Kindly supply us scriptures to justify monetary tithing from income addressed to new testament christians without twisting the scriptures.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Goshen360(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ OP, taigee and tithe teachers,

1. Kindly show us in the NT where God demands tithe "in order" to bless a NT Christian. Remember, Christ is the mediator of the new testament and in the case of a testament, there is need to prove the death of the testator. Hence, Matthew to John's gospel didn't start the NT.

2. Show us where the Apostle collected tithe - ONLY Levite have the commanded to receive tithe according to the law. Jesus could not have received tithe because he wasn't from the tribe of Levi neither are the Apostle.

3. The tithing that existed before the law, unto whom was it given to in the case of Abraham? To Jesus - No. To Church and/or Temple System - Yes/NO To Melchizedek - Yes and who is this Melchizedek

4. What is the content of the tithe that was given before the law? Salary? Income? Spoils of war? Personal gift?

Answers to these questions will be fine. Besides, taigee is talking about "revelation". Every revelation is complete in Christ. Hebrews 1:1-3. There cannot be any further revelation other than what is complete in scriptures.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Goshen360(m): 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
When the minds of "church people" are being "programmed" that until they pay tithe before blesses them and open doors, there is a problem in the body of Christ. Meanwhile, in the NT, doors are already openED (already a done deal) to Christians, all it takes is faith.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For a great and effective door is openED unto me, and there are many adversaries.
I Corinthians 16:9

God is not English language dump, neither is God a High school drop out. When God says "openED", He means what he says. Abi openED na present tense ni He is not about to open the door, He had already opened the door. So when some people that cannot even follow and mind biblical tenses for truth/deeper revelation wants to show us revelation by telling Christians that paying tithe is a way to unlock or open doors of prosperity, I think we should first ask them to show us the proof.
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by taigee: 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ all anti tithe teachers on NL
I know you are always ready for an argument. But your Legalistic arguments do not change tested and proven truths of scriptures. I agree that I can't bring out specific scriptures from the NT on tithing, but the NT without the OT is incomplete. The Bible is a complete book with the Old T and New T complimenting each other.
You can also through the help of the Holy Spirit tap into fresh revelations from the old testament applicable to the new testament.
For Example;
Paul Quoted, Deu 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.[/i]
Which talks majorly on how to treat the animals that work on the field. But in Paul's quote he refered to humans working in the lords vineyard.
1 Cor 9:1-14
and also
1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
1Ti 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
[i][/]
These scriptures were culled from the OT and interpreted by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.
Just like you argue today, the Drs of the law in the days of Jesus also accused Jesus of twisting scriptures by the fresh revelations he was churning out.
For Your information:
Tithing was before the law.
Abraham practised tithing (Gen 14:20)
Jacob made a vow to tithe (Gen 28:22, 31:13) God didn't Forget it.
God made it a Law (Lev 27:30)
Jesus even asserted that it was ok to tithe, but they should not ignore the weightier matters of the Law
Luk 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. [i]

The second most successful king in Israel after David is probably Hezekiah.
He was recorded to have reintroduced the tithing covenant and giving to the levites in his time, it brought great blessing and supernatural turnaround to the whole land. Read (2 Chr chpt 31)
In the old testament the tithe was received by men, but today it is presented by faith to the high priest of our calling in the order of Melchisedec; Jesus Christ. Read (Heb 7:1-17) of particular note are the following verses:

Heb 7:1-2 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace.[/i]

Heb 7:5-8 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
[i]

Heb 7:14-17 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
[i][/i]

I will like to add, that whatever you see in the scriptures works according to your faith. Those of us that practice the teachings on tithing experience the supernatural blessings of God that cannot be quantified in monetary value.
If you don't believe it don't practice, but please stop trying to prove its wrong because you may be wrong. Well the end justifies the means. The Prosperity in the Church today is not by chance, there is a spiritual law working it out.
However I must point out that the prosperity message has a great tendency to be overblown by many so called prosperity preachers today, but it does not mean its un-scriptural. I believe that our campaign should be for a balanced message not for abolition of what is the truth.
Correction sir: I am not a tithe teacher, I am a tithing practitioner without regrets.
Again I wish u the very best in Christ as we reach out to the things ahead.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Goshen360(m): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
taigee: @ all anti tithe teachers on NL
I know you are always ready for an argument. But your Legalistic arguments do not change tested and proven truths of scriptures. I agree that I can't bring out specific scriptures from the NT on tithing, but the NT without the OT is incomplete. The Bible is a complete book with the Old T and New T complimenting each other.
You can also through the help of the Holy Spirit tap into fresh revelations from the old testament applicable to the new testament.
For Example;
Paul Quoted, Deu 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.[/i]
Which talks majorly on how to treat the animals that work on the field. But in Paul's quote he refered to humans working in the lords vineyard.
1 Cor 9:1-14
and also
1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
1Ti 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.
[i][/]
These scriptures were culled from the OT and interpreted by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.
Just like you argue today, the Drs of the law in the days of Jesus also accused Jesus of twisting scriptures by the fresh revelations he was churning out.
For Your information:
Tithing was before the law.
Abraham practised tithing (Gen 14:20)
Jacob made a vow to tithe (Gen 28:22, 31:13) God didn't Forget it.
God made it a Law (Lev 27:30)
Jesus even asserted that it was ok to tithe, but they should not ignore the weightier matters of the Law
Luk 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. [i]

The second most successful king in Israel after David is probably Hezekiah.
He was recorded to have reintroduced the tithing covenant and giving to the levites in his time, it brought great blessing and supernatural turnaround to the whole land. Read (2 Chr chpt 31)
In the old testament the tithe was received by men, but today it is presented by faith to the high priest of our calling in the order of Melchisedec; Jesus Christ. Read (Heb 7:1-17) of particular note are the following verses:

Heb 7:1-2 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace.[/i]

Heb 7:5-8 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
[i]

Heb 7:14-17 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
[i][/i]

I will like to add, that whatever you see in the scriptures works according to your faith. Those of us that practice the teachings on tithing experience the supernatural blessings of God that cannot be quantified in monetary value.
If you don't believe it don't practice, but please stop trying to prove its wrong because you may be wrong. Well the end justifies the means. The Prosperity in the Church today is not by chance, there is a spiritual law working it out.
However I must point out that the prosperity message has a great tendency to be overblown by many so called prosperity preachers today, but it does not mean its un-scriptural. I believe that our campaign should be for a balanced message not for abolition of what is the truth.
Correction sir: I am not a tithe teacher, I am a tithing practitioner without regrets.
Again I wish u the very best in Christ as we reach out to the things ahead.
Shalom

Quoted. Your quoted words from scriptures are the very words standing against you....I will be right back to expose your own very heresy.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 28, 2012
sambennywhite: Tithing works!!! Just be faithful in it, it one tent of your income in everything.

The gullibles! I now know why these so-called MOGs are acquiring private jets everyday. Keep tithing cheesy
Re: Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity. by Oahray: 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2012
doubleDx:

The gullibles! I now know why these so-called MOGs are acquiring private jets everyday. Keep tithing cheesy
Lol. Let them do what pleases them, as far as they do not rub it off on those not paying tithe. Tithing isnt compulsory for christians. Let the wise pay heed. Let the gullible remain gullible still.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Was Lazarus Soul After 3 Days He Died / Leader O. O. Obu Visits The Apostolic Church In Dallas, Texas / Spiritual And Great Native Doctor Do As I Say Ring, And Commanding Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.