Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Would You Donate Blood? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Donate Blood? (6937 Views)

Yola Blast: Hospital Urges Public To Donate Blood / Would You Donate Your Vital Organs? / Nigerians Can't Donate Blood In The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
to be honest, no i wont donate! because am so scared! undecided
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
manny4life: I can't because I'm Black and African.
it's not forbidden or a taboo for a black or african to donate
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by saintneo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
The only time I donated blood, I was feeling very negative. I think I was looking for a way to feel better.

Don't think I'll ever do it again.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by dominique(f): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
manny4life: I can't because I'm Black and African.

What has that got to giving blood? But you can receive blood abi?

1 Like

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
JallowBah: I can`t.

In my country, if you have piercings in your tounge, or have had s*x with an african the last 12months, you can not donate.
So, since I am married to an african, and have the piercing...

( They are trying to change the law regarding the african thing, though.. )
which country be that once self lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided
norway abi watin u call am wt*f omo c laws shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Originalsly: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
I don't think so
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by drnoel: 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
masterpiecer: I can still remember how happy and i satisfied i felt the day i donated a pint of blood to a blood bank, i didn't plan to do it but i went to the hospital that particular day for check up and a thought came to me to run a HIV test to assertain my status so i went to the lab attendant and told him i would like to donate blood knowing fully well that before i would be allowed to donate blood, they would have to run a HIV test on me, he checked if i was healthy enough to donate, after that he ran the test and it came out -ve, in d result, hepatitis B was also tested and i eventually donated some blood, I was so happy.

That was about 2 yrs ago, i'm thinking of re-visiting for another donation, i know its against the belief of some religion, but would u donate ur blood to save a life?

Don't deceive urself. Blood banks don't collect blood again from people in west African regions especially Nigeria.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by tellwisdom: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
Blood wey never reach me undecided undecided
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by masterpiecer(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
~vicky~:
to be honest, no i wont donate! because am so scared! undecided

R u scared of the needle or scared of seeing some of ur blood drained oof ur body?
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by masterpiecer(m): 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
drnoel:
Don't deceive urself. Blood banks don't collect blood again from people in west African regions especially Nigeria.

what blood bank are you referring to here?
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by masterpiecer(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
tellwisdom: Blood wey never reach me undecided undecided

u be vampire? grin
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Akbee(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Yes of kos if im medically fit.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by slimyem: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
I haven't ever.....but i sure would sometime...
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
masterpiecer:

R u scared of the needle or scared of seeing some of ur blood drained oof ur body?

both grin
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
Donating or receiving blood is not something im comfortable with..and its nothing to do with religion..im just not ok with that.i pray nothing happens to warrant blood being transfused into me.I might donate blood though......That aside i wouldnt want to give blood,saliva,sperm,urine,hair,nails and i wont date anyone with any of those brazilian or whatever hairs..i hate them..some yrs ago,i was approached by someone to donate s.emen or have a woman impregnated cos the hubby was having serious fertility issues.it was very tempting but i had to refuse with all my willpower.some weeks ago,someone close to me donated kidney to a relative..That was very very brave but i dont think i can do that either,i do recieve lots of cards asking if i would like to donate any of my organs when im gone...that makes me cringe and of course the cards normally end up in the bin.

To all those who donate blood and organs,I hail them....excluding the wa.nkers who donate s.emen...conception should be done the natural way.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by GentleNaaz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
Unless u wl buy a pint @ €500,000, dn i wl donate
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2012
Kudos to everyone here who is willing to or has in the past. If you or a loved one has ever needed blood you would appreciate what a true gift it is. As a person who has taken blood numerous times and it saved my life, I'am grateful to people like you. That is real neighbourly love and I'am sure God is proud of you. Unfortunately I can't donate blood due to my genotype but I will donate the organs that genotype has no bearing on when I die.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Sijo01(f): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
...scared of blood! I almost did last week but ran out after seeing my kid sist's own..... I will again if they agree to blindfold me.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by SaucyDolph(f): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
I love needles. I hate drugs.I love the feeling i get when i donate. I have donated twice and its wonderful. But after donating,i start shaking and sweating profusely. I just lie down and take peak milk and maltina and sleep.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by biolabee(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
i do nw n then
s there any organ donation facility or framework in 9ja
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by jigawatts(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
I can only donate blood IF the person needs it at-the-moment ..... I can NEVER NEVER NEVER donate it for the blood bank to keep lai-lai .......
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by ujukala: 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Of course yes! I will donate blood to save life
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by DrTony1(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
I just Donated blood to one of my patients, a 18 year old girl who had bleeding disorder so had massive bleeDing from †ђε mouth, ears, eyes, & private part, She had a Haemoglobin level of 4.5g\dl, I wonder how she was still alive, was @ near point of dieing & parents couldn't afford to buy blood for her. That was when all my fellow medical Student(cool & I in our Unit obliged to give her 1 pint each which will raise her Haemoglobin by 10g/dl. That day I was so happy to save a soul, same with other Med Students in †ђε Unit. You need to see how happy we were donating †ђε blood just to see †ђε helpless girl have a chance to life. I, personally thanked God for giving me an opportunity like this to help a life. Thank God!

4 Likes

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by biolabee(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
jigawatts: I can only donate blood IF the person needs it at-the-moment ..... I can NEVER NEVER NEVER donate it for the blood bank to keep lai-lai .......

@jigawatt is there any reason for this pre cautionary measure
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by LightSon(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2012
I had and still will donate blood to save lives.

Your blood expires every 120days, so why waste it?

1 Like

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
Yep,I can donate blood,bible says love ur neighbour as urself.
I want to donate my two kidney,all my lungs,and if possible my brain.

1 Like

Re: Would You Donate Blood? by Phony200(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Twice this year already. Looking forward to a third time next week.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by jigawatts(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
biolabee:

@jigawatt is there any reason for this pre cautionary measure

I'm sorry, its a horrible experience, don't wanna talk abt it ..........

All I'm saying is ...... IF anybody in needs of blood at the moment, even if its a Stranger .... I will donate.... BUT for me to donate, so they can keep ........... NO WAY
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by BLAND1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
yea. I wil coz it is d most honourable n noble thing to do. I don't knw mayb dt blud may b used g my folks, siblings, or anybody. What grta joy it is g a man a knw tat u safe sombody. Safe life 2day by donatin bld. U neva who it wil safe!!!
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by firestar(f): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
masterpiecer:

even if it would help save the life of a loved one? undecided
There are alternatives to blood transfusions. For all my loved ones and strangers, its recommended to use
bloodless medicine.
Risks from blood is NOT worth it.
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by aweleokolo: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2012
I donate blood as often as I can. There's a restriction on female donors but its just one pint so I don't mind cheesy

I feel great knowing I'm helping someone or saving the life of a child or loved one. smiley

It isn't against Christianity to donate blood and if you are a Jehovah witness, please don't even reply this post. yall have some serious issues. undecided
Re: Would You Donate Blood? by aweleokolo: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
Phony200: Twice this year already. Looking forward to a third time next week.

Where do you donate? In Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra State Wins World Bank Award On Immunization-photo / Jang Plans World-class Hospital To Check Foreign Medical Trips / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.