Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought (1333 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2012
Why is it so difficult to agree with the bible in all it's simplicity , that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD ?

Jesus Christ was born as a MAN without a human father hence his divinity , but with a human mother hence his humanity.

He was not a pre-existent angel or a pre-existent God , he is the Son of GOD.

Under normal circumstances , if we wanted to know someone a little more, we will ask him questions about himself/herself and and also their closest friends and family members.

Now , when we apply this simple logic to Jesus Christ , what did he say about himself ?

He called himself Son of MAN , the way the truth and the life, the one who is to come etc , but he never once called himself GOD or an Angel.

What about his closet friends and family , they called him the Messiah, Christ , God's anointed one, Son of GOD , but never did they speak about a pre-existent Jesus who was either a GOD or an angel.

Even demons who should know better , never once called him an angel or GOD , they always called him Son of the most high.

Scripture is so so simple and yet we have made it so complex that many babes in Christ including some adults are deceived with the volumes and volumes of twisted theology trying to explain concepts that do not exist.

It is time you think for yourself, read the bible for yourself, ask God for wisdom and stop defending the creeds and beliefs of your organisation.

This is not what we want, we want truth which is in JESUS .

Jesus Christ is a glorified ADAM , the Lord of Lords , King of Kings, our High priest and saviour.
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by ijawkid(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
Frosbel Jesus did pre-exist as a spirit in the heavens before his life was transfered to mary's womb.......

That basic truth is written all over the new testament...........

If Jesus' life started from the time mary concieved hIm(Jesus),then all we know about Jesus would be fallacious.....

Jesus is the"" beginning of"" the creation of Yahweh............

He can't be the beginning of the creation of Yahweh while in marys womb or after mary gave birth to Him......

You need to adjust your good stance to this....you've been doing very good as a bible student,but for you to disagree that Jesus Christ pre-existed in the heavens as spirit son of God(Gods firstborn) before descending to the earth via mary would not be fair on your part........

And don't term those who refute the trinity dogma and @ the same time uphold Jesus' pre-existence before his coming to the earth as BITARIANS....

Thank you.....

1 Like

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by truthislight: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: Why is it so difficult to agree with the bible in all it's simplicity , that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD ?

Jesus Christ was born as a MAN without a human father hence his divinity , but with a human mother hence his humanity.

Under normal circumstances , if we wanted to know someone a little more, we will ask him questions about himself/herself and and also their closest friends and family members.

Now , when we apply this simple logic to Jesus Christ , what did he say about himself ?

He called himself Son of MAN , the way the truth and the life, the one who is to come etc , but he never once called himself GOD or an Angel.

What about his closet friends and family , they called him the Messiah, Christ , God's anointed one, Son of GOD , but never did they speak about a pre-existent Jesus who was either a GOD or an angel.

Even demons who should know better , never once called him an angel or GOD , they always called him Son of the most high.

Scripture is so so simple and yet we have made it so complex that many babes in Christ including some adults are deceived with the volumes and volumes of twisted theology trying to explain concepts that do not exist.

It is time you think for yourself, read the bible for yourself, ask God for wisdom and stop defending the creeds and beliefs of your organisation.

Jesus Christ is a glorified ADAM , the Lord of Lords , King of Kings, our High priest and saviour.

if jesus is not the first born in heaven and Adam the first born on earth and

what other thing align them that it must be Jesus that is qualify to ransom Adam.

Making Jesus the last Adam.

That without him no other name in heaven and on earth can redeem his fellow man.

Cant Yahweh simply great any and any other person to ransom man?

Why must it be Jesus.
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Goshen360(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ Frosbel,

When we/you (frosbel) and the scripture says, Jesus is the "Son of God"....What does it mean

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by brainpulse: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel: Why is it so difficult to agree with the bible in all it's simplicity , that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD ?

Frosbel I told you to discard the word LOGIC when explaining the things of God they are beyond human knowledge and God can not be calculated and subjected to human philosophy, law and order please.

Then if you still want to hang on that then you have to prove by logic. How is it possible for God to have a Son, is He married or does He have a wife? By human logic a man can not give birth alone without insermination of any type.

Show me in the bible where it was written that God conceived Jesus for 9 months before you referring him has Son of GOD?

How Logicically can a spirit pass through a woman's fertilization organs and make her conceive?

Let us start with these first.

1 Like

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
Goshen360: @ Frosbel,

When we/you (frosbel) and the scripture says, Jesus is the "Son of God"....What does it mean

Son of GOD , in this case Son with a capital letter stands for Son of GOD, plainly speaking.
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
frosbel:

Son of GOD , in this case Son with a capital letter stands for Son of GOD, plainly speaking.

Okay brother Frosbel....I will be back for discussion bro.
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2012

What did Jesus mean when he told the Scribes and Pharisees 'Before Abraham was, I am'?

1 Like

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
frosbel darling, You gat two or three questions waiting here on this thread for you o! cool cool
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
[size=26pt]runaway frosbel[/size] cheesy cheesy
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Saintparis1: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
seyibrown:

What did Jesus mean when he told the Scribes and Pharisees 'Before Abraham was, I am'?
Yea that and also what did he mean by 'And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
?

1 Like

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Saint paris:
Yea that and also what did he mean by 'And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
?[/b]
seyibrown:

hello frosbel use human wisdom analyse this for starts
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2012
Good evening all. First of all my belief: I believe in the one true God. I believe that he is one! I believe firmly that despite him being one in essence, he acts in 3 divine persons. I believe in God the fathher, I believe in God the son and I believe in God the holy spirit.

Now the question we should ask ourselves is: if we believe that God can do all things, is it not possible for him to be at a million places at the same time, doing different things and in different forms? If he can do this then I don't think that for him to act in 3 distinct persons is too much for him to do.

I believe the argument is more about whether what some of us believe about the trinity is what God has decided to do and not really about what he can or cannot do. Though I do not believe that we are meant to learn our faith from sacred scriptures, I am of the opinion that the teaching of the trinity does not in any way contradict what we have in the bible. Someone mentioned something about Jesus being the Son of God and what it meant: To the jews the claim of Jesus that he is God's son actually mean that he is claiming equality with God and this was one of the disagreements they had with him.

Still in sacred scriptures one of the good prophets of old foretold about Jesus and was unshaking when he called him "wonderful counsellor", "Prince of peace" and "Eternal father". Eternal faher means Everlasting father. That sounds more like a title reserved for God only. Again in sacred scriptures it was clearly stated that "though his state was divine, he did not claim EQUALITY with God". This means he has that divine nature but did not cling to it because of his humility. I frankly do not think that the belief in the Trinity is in anyway against sacred scriptures.

I believe the confusion for some of us might be that Christ tend to say things that suggests that he was a mere man. Like someone rightly said, Jesus came also as man. He was truly God and man while on earth. As man he was subjected to the same feelings and internal struggles we go through in life. This would explain why he wept when Lazarus died and his argony in the garden. But in other places when he acted in his divinity, you would see him transfigured, you would hear him promise a dying thief eternal life. You would see him forgive sins. You would see him reproach his apostles that "he has been with them all these while and they failed to realize that to have seen him is to have seen the father. In his divinity he also made the claim that he would raize this temple after it is destroyed.

I believe the belief in the Triune God is in order and in no way contradictory to sacred scriptures.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
@striktlymi thanks for that emphasis on the trinity, i liked it.
@frosbel please kindly answer this two or three observation
Saint paris:
?[/b]
seyibrown:
thanks frosbel
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
This is the end? No reply from frosbel
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
hisblud: This is the end? No reply from frosbel

He will either come back to finish what he started or stop pAsting 'trinity believer-bashing' threads all over NL! grin ... I hope he has gone to study more or recive revelation on the matter! grin

1 Like

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2012
seyibrown:

He will either come back to finish what he started or stop pAsting 'trinity believer-bashing' threads all over NL! grin ... I hope he has gone to study more or recive revelation on the matter! grin
Saint paris:
?[/b]
Saint paris:
?[/b]
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2012
I hope you know some of us have day Jobs !

What surprises me is how you guys ignore the over 40 pages of comments made in a number of articles on the Trinity and come back here to ask the same questions all over again.

Seriously , do you chaps read ?

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
frosbel: I hope you know some of us have day Jobs !

What surprises me is how you guys ignore the over 40 pages of comments made in a number of articles on the Trinity and come back here to ask the same questions all over again.

why you started it and we would like to indulge you on just 2 and hopefully you will trash it out as. Please just this two contextually please
Saint paris:
?[/b]
seyibrown:
thanks once again
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 12:03am On Dec 10, 2012
frosbel: I hope you know some of us have day Jobs !

Perhaps, if you had kept your trinity-bashing to just one thread, we would not have to be commenting on every anti-trinity thread you pAste on NL, and you would have more time to spend on your work rather than pAsting replies on to the extent that you lose count of which threads need updating! Naughty boy! grin grin grin Leave Trinitarians alone!
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by plappville(f): 12:20am On Dec 10, 2012
@topic, which one con be Bitarians again, na new doctrine? grin grin
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by plappville(f): 12:25am On Dec 10, 2012
Goshen360: @ Frosbel,

As anyone ever argued This?

We all Agreed with the scripture on this! Honestly, i dont know/understand Frosbel stands shocked
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by dagr8(m): 6:25am On Dec 10, 2012
seyibrown:

Perhaps, if you had kept your trinity-bashing to just one thread, we would not have to be commenting on every anti-trinity thread you pAste on NL, and you would have more time to spend on your work rather than pAsting replies on to the extent that you lose count of which threads need updating! Naughty boy! grin grin grin Leave Trinitarians alone!
Seyi...did u see my messages
Re: Trinitarians And Bitarians , some food for thought by seyibrown(f): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
dagr8:
Seyi...did u see my messages
Responded, Bro!

(1) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best Atheist Arguments Against Religion/god / Angola Becomes The 1st Country In The World To Ban Islam And Muslims(pictures) / A Church Introduced POS Machine In Their Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.