Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri (10267 Views)

Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks / 4 Storey Building Collapses In Fegge, Onitsha (Pics) :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Fatdon(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri, Worker Trapped Inside.

A 3-storey building under construction along Works Layout in Owerri the Imo state capital has collapsed.

Sources said the building collapsed around 11 pm yesterday night during a heavy downpour.

It was also disclosed that a 28 year old man identified as Joseph Ekanem a carpenter who happens to be one of the workers inside the building have been trapped inside, even though they cannot ascertain if there are more workers trapped inside and they cannot ascertain as there are 6 workers working in the building on daily basis.

Sources also disclosed that the owner of the building who lodged in a hotel close to the building came to the scene of the incidence but quickly locked up the building and ran away, when Channels Television contacted him on the phone, he denied ownership of the building.

At the time of filing this report, State emergency management agency (SEMA), Imo rescue team, Road Safety and combined security operatives in the state forcefully broke into the premises in order to rescue the trapped man.

However, some of the people living in the neighbourhood attributed the collapse to quack and shabby job by the contractor as the foundation is not strong enough to carry a 3-storey building.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/27/3-storey-building-collapses-in-owerri-trapping-a-worker-inside/

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
Rochas Okorocha is working grin

Also Owerri is working as well.

No offense meant. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Built with Fake Cement Straight from Nnewi...

Built by a Chemist with no construction Experience...

Built on Waterlogged crappy land...

Such is the way of House Construction in NIGERIA
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
pDudd: Rochas Okorocha is working grin

Ewu, what has Rochas got to do with this now?

19 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs: Built with Fake Cement Straight from Nnewi...

It's not your fault, I blame the idiots that let the dogs out to come on NL and talk thrash. Is Nnewi not better than the slum village you come from? Call Nnewi from now till tomorrow, or call it water clogged crappy land, if it pain you too much, go and jump inside water, DROWN AND KILL YOURSELF.

9 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
is Rochas the owner of the building or was he the one who gave contract for the building? EWU CAN MALT!

6 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Teejayphillip(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Nawah oo... I jus pray dose workers trapped in are safe n alive...

Dose contractors shuld be apprehended

2 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by kelsonpoint(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
This is what we will be seeing in Nigeria since a brick layer will parade his self as an engineer because those that are actually engineers by profession only read it in book no practical to back it up

God help nija area. smh

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

Ewu, what has Rochas got to do with this now?
berem: is Rochas the owner of the building or was he the one who gave contract for the building? EWU CAN MALT!

Nna na wa o. cheesy

I just dey talk my own naw. cheesy. You sef talk your own, leave my own.

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
Very soon we wuld be living in bushes becos all d structures in naija wuld hav collapsed
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
came to the scene of the incidence but quickly locked up the building
huh!!? at bolded

2 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

It's not your fault, I blame the idiots that let the dogs out to come on NL and talk thrash. Is Nnewi not better than the slum village you come from? Call Nnewi from now till tomorrow, or call it water clogged crappy land, if it pain you too much, go and jump inside water, DROWN AND KILL YOURSELF.

Brother Calm yourself...

Where did it Happen? In Igbo Land

Who did it happen to? An Igbo man

How did it happen? Substandard Materials used by an Unqualified Contractor

Who is this Contractor? An Igbo Man

So why are you foaming at the lips?

I apologize...I should have said...Fake cement from Owerri...Happy Now?

3 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by kennethromanus: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
evryday storey buildings colapsing here n there..na wa o..GOD help us o..
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by ColourME: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
This is really really sad.

@ All. You can contact me for your structural analysis and project supervision. Most Nigerians are hurry to commit millions in to building but can't pay few thousands for a professional design.

Check out my blog for a professional FREE online supports.

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs: Built with Fake Cement Straight from Nnewi...

I almost shat myself laffing at this cheesy
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by ColourME: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Brother Calm yourself...

Are you this wicked? show some sympathy if you have any.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
pDudd:

Nna na wa o. cheesy

I just dey talk my own naw. cheesy. You sef talk your own, leave my own.

Leave Rochas out of your mouth, what concerns Rochas with an uncompleted bldg that collapsed? Did they tell you it was for public use or it was a govt bldg?
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

Leave Rochas out of your mouth, what concerns Rochas with an uncompleted bldg that collapsed? Did they tell you it was for public use or it was a govt bldg?

Ok sorry sah. embarassed

Owerri is working. grin
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Brother Calm yourself...

All you could interpret so far is this JUNK you typed? Anyway, this won't be the first nor last. So carry on with your behavior, after all, people are at will to exhibit foo.lishnes and stupi.dity.

2 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
certified kpashishi.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by ebamma3: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
That's what happens when a bricklayer becomes a civil engineer and a mason becomes an architect,
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
certified kpashishi. Fellow, Nigerian Association of Dum b Phucks
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
pDudd:

Ok sorry sah. embarassed

Owerri is working. grin

Why are you telling me sorry?

Bros, be sorry for yourself not to me, sh.it, you don't owe me jack.

All I said was, LEAVE ROCHAS NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

3 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

All you could interpret so far is this JUNK you typed? Anyway, this won't be the first nor last. So carry on with your behavior, after all, people are at will to exhibit foo.lishnes and stupi.dity.

Is this the same Manny4life?

The same guy that is known for being objective and intelligent?

Brother what has happened to you today?

Have you been smoking that thing again today?

SMH
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
blink182: certified kpashishi.

Why una just dey yab me naw? cry

Ok. Thank God the building crashed when it did and not when people had started inhabiting it.
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by salam001(m): 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Brother Calm yourself...

4 ur small mind now u funny...Abi?,lives are involved and you are behind your pc trying hard to sound funny

7 Likes

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
http://www.etesenghana.com/

this is what heppens when corruption is the order of the day kra...
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by manny4life(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Is this the same Manny4life?

The same guy that is known for being objective and intelligent?

Brother what has happened to you today?

Have you been smoking that thing again today?

SMH

Dude, perhaps, I smoked a lil ganja when I went to lunch, so you see, the thing sparked a plug in my brain sensors that's why I'm acting out.

Now back to the status quo, let me ask in a more subtle approach

All that you typed above, is that all you could deduce so far from the story?
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
Me think a penalty(punishment) is over due for criminal at such as this. Only in Nigeria will callous act such as dis be permissible. Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

Dude, perhaps, I smoked a lil ganja when I went to lunch, so you see, the thing sparked a plug in my brain sensors that's why I'm acting out.

Now back to the status quo, let me ask in a more subtle approach

All that you typed above, is that all you could deduce so far from the story?

What I deduced is that a quack was allowed to construct a building using substandard materials without adequate measurements.

I believe the reason you took umbrage with my post was the reference to sourcing Fake cement from Nnnewi..

I believe you thought I was being unnecessarily tribalistic despite my reference to substandard construction practices in Nigeria as a whole

Hence my breakdown to prove that though It could have happened anywhere, this was a very 'Igbo' incident...and as such I wasnt Tribal bashing..

No offence Meant wink

1 Like

Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Cornel88(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
manny4life:

Why are you telling me sorry?

Bros, be sorry for yourself not to me, sh.it, you don't owe me jack.

All I said was, LEAVE ROCHAS NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.
Guy you get time o
Re: Uncompleted 3-storey Building Collapses In Owerri by Ikengawo: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
It's sad to see that there are some yoruba people on this forum that smile when easterners die so that they can battle on the internet....... It seems 'bad news' from other regions is always met with cheer.....

have some compassion for your fellow man, it's what separates us from beasts.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: President Buhari Won’t Manipulate APC Primaries – Gbenga Aluko / Court To Hear Fg’s Application To Detain Sowore For 20 More Days / Rivers PDP Asks Court To Kick Out APC Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.