Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. (6404 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? / Who Is The Best South-east Governor in terms of Delivery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2012

IF U WERE TO GIVE AN AWARD TO THE BEST SOUTH EAST GOVERNOR, WHO WOULD THAT BE ?
THE CRITERIAS ARE :
[b] (1) SECURITY:
: How well are the people in his state
faring in respect to security issues and challenges that has bedevilled the region"eastern Nigeria" in recent years.

In your own judgment (pls not bias judgment) do u think we've had an iota of improvement?
Have there been any concrete measure(s)
In stamping out kidnapping, robbery etc and other evil vices vises has it
worked.

.(2) INFRASTRUCTURE: Since he emerged governor, what are those conspicuous changes
he's brought to the fore in his state?
What has he built ?

Are the
civil servants working in good
working
environments?

Has his government put up befitting standard structures like markets,hospitals, schools, transportation and most importantly ROADS to better the living standard of his subjects etc
?

THESE and other positive things a govt ought to do for her people is all I seek in this thread.

Ofcourse we all do know the names of the state governors in the 5 eastern states.

The states and its governors are:
Peter Obi = Anambra
Rochas Okorocha = Imo
TA Orji = Abia
Martin Elechi = Ebonyi
Sullivan Chime = Enugu [/b]

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
T.A Orji

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by ifeegee(f): 1:27am On Nov 28, 2012
This award should definitely go to my state governor T A Orji.Quote me at your own peril.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by overdrive(m): 2:28am On Nov 28, 2012
Sullivan followed by owelle rochas

3 Likes

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by EkoIle1: 3:47am On Nov 28, 2012
And what have they all done to merit the so called award? Even the person wet never build 1 latrine too dry get award. Only in AGIPA land..
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by ypzilanti: 10:30am On Nov 28, 2012
T.A. Orji grin
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2012
ifee-gee:
This award should definitely go to my state governor T A Orji.Quote me at your own peril.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
For now I'll still want to reserve my comment on this governor so that people will air their views .
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2012
ypzilanti: T.A. Orji grin
bro y are u laughing?
He could just be the person to emerge the winner.
Afterall I usually see his adverts on his achievements on our local stations.

Or don't u watch T.V ?
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Nov 28, 2012
Security should be removed as one of the criteria because the security apparatus of the states are controlled by the federal government. There's little or nothing that the states can do in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2012
@OP,

If this is to be a worthwhile exercise, you need to review each governor's manifesto first.
Find out exactly what pledges were made, and then draw up a criteria that applies to all the states concerned.

1 Like

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2012
Eko Ile: And what have they all done to merit the so called award? Even the person wet never build 1 latrine too dry get award. Only in AGIPA land..

I'm not sure u've ever visited the east b4.

Surely u are one of those that thinks lagos is the beginning and end of Nigeria .

Guy I would advice u travel and stop exposing urself here.

9 Likes

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2012
eGuerrilla: @OP,

If this is to be a worthwhile exercise, you need to review each governor's manifesto first.
Find out exactly what pledges were made, and then draw up a criteria that applies to all the states concerned.

I don't think pledges should really be used in Nigeria because all governors never fulfill all their promised. I would rather use their monthly allocation and what they ahve done with it to rate them. For example Rochas promised to build over 300 schools but i will rate him very high if he can build only 20.

1 Like

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by achi4u(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2012
The performances of one state governor may differ from one another.Governor A maybe busy building and cleaning state capital while gov B may focus in rural areas...opening and constructing new roads.
The next gov.C will keep embeziling state fund by enriching his cohort and his family members without thinking of how to pay workers their monthly salaries___at end of the day his image makers will rush to radio and television to broadcast his wonders.
Others maybe trying to touch every sectors of their state thereby making it difficult to notice most of his/her laudable achievement.

Security shouldnot be exempted because they are like a president in their small country,they have the three organs of govt...so they make law.
This award should go to any governor who met all the requirement impose by the poster.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
afam4eva: Security should be removed as one of the criteria because the security apparatus of the states are controlled by the federal government. There's little or nothing that the states can do in this regard.

I know exactly where u are going to , but one thing should be clear:
What extra measure has these governors carried out in tackling their individual security challenges confronting them in their state.

Atleast I do know that the ABIA state govt just recently gave NPF "abia stat chapter"
a fleet of hilux vans in curbing the security challenges in the state.(Though being perceived as a media stunt by some people )

----Bottom line is It is he that wears the shoes that knows exactly were it pinches .
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Rooneyboy(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't think pledges should really be used in Nigeria because all governors never fulfill all their promised. I would rather use their monthly allocation and what they ahve done with it to rate them. For example Rochas promised to build over 300 schools but i will rate him very high if he can build only 20.

True and funny sha.

Judging them based on their promises would be a very difficult one ,if we choose to do it that way u and I know that none of them will score above 20% cheesy grin

All I want to know is if really we've had any improvement in governance in these states .

Any improvement what so ever, no matter hw little.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by slap1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
OWELLE NDI IMO, ROCHAS!
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by DANILSA(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
1. ROCHAS
2. CHIME
3. OBI
4. ELECHI
50. ORJI cry cry cry

15 Likes

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by emron1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
well I will score sullivan high on rural development and also infrastructure while rochas will come fist in education and urbanization. As for security and economic development obi will get my nod. Elechi and orji need to do more to convince me. I will rate them categorically as thus;
sullivan
Obi
Rochas
Elechi
Orji.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by DANILSA(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
Rooneyboy:

I'm not sure u've ever visited the east b4.

Surely u are one of those that thinks lagos is the beginning and end of Nigeria .

Guy I would advice u travel and stop exposing ur mumulism here.
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GoodNigerian: 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
grin grin
Rooneyboy: T.A Orji
grin
*I dey LAUGH OOO*

1 Like

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by DANILSA(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
Rooneyboy:
bro y are u laughing?
He could just be the person to emerge the winner.
Afterall I usually see his adverts on his achievements on our local stations.

Or don't u watch T.V ?
WIN shocked THEN I DESTROY MY TOP AND PHONE cry undecided
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GoodNigerian: 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
overdrive: Sullivan followed by owelle rochas
GBAM.I concur.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by aryzgreat: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
1st Rochas
2nd Sullivan
3rd Obi
4th Elechi
5th Orji

from an unbiased Anambra guy

3 Likes

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Sealeddeal(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
afam4eva: Security should be removed as one of the criteria because the security apparatus of the states are controlled by the federal government. There's little or nothing that the states can do in this regard.
you are right.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by gregg2: 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2012
Rochas is new and has not done much although prospects are there.

I will give it to Peter Obi. He has attracted so much Fed government and private sector investment to Anambra state.
Recently, we have had Orient Petroleum, Innoson Motor, Orange Drugs, Sabmiller Brewery etc set up multi-billion naira
plants in Anambra state.

On Security, I think T. A Orji of Abia state. I don't know the magic he did to calm Abia.
But, one thing, whether it's him or GEJ that should take the credit is not clear afterall
governors often claim that security is FG's responsibility even as they keep siphoning billions
monthly as security vote.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GoodNigerian: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
DANILSA: 1. ROCHAS
2. CHIME
3. OBI
4. ELECHI
50. ORJI cry cry cry
Mo Ibrahim Foundation release?*laughing and shedding tears*

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by salam001(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
Obi ===> the guy can snap picture like mad Rochas ===> always On all stations in Imo state sullivan ===> still on leave
Orji ===> that one is a living dead
Elechi ===> i know nothing about him
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Sealeddeal(m): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
I will only compare Peter Obi and Sullivain Chime and there is no way you can judge it without taking Peter Obi of anambra state as the best and to be followed by Sullivain Chime.Rochas Okorocha should not be compared with this governors that have spent so many years in power.if you compare Rochas to Martins Elechi,Elechi will surely win because he has performed more than Rochas but then,Rochas may be a visionary leader but time will tell. In Infrastructure,Gov.Sullivain Chime has successfully,to good extent,beautified enugu city with modern facilities and new/good roads.For Rural development,Chime has not done anything obvious to deserve praise except *buying new cars for traditional rulers*. Peter Obi of anambra state has constructed roads close to or more than 600km and many of the roads are cited in rural areas and has been able to bring up anambra state among the states with best road networks in nigeria.he has reconstructed some schools with functional bore-holes and toilet facilities.Hospitals has been reconstructed and equipped to meet minimal standard.he has equally carried out rural electrification especially in Anambra north and others.

2 Likes

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sullivan, okorocha, Obi in that order. don't know about elechi and orji just focuses on umuahia.
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GentleNaaz(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
I wl gv TA ORJI d bst mara4kn governor of naija
Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GentleNaaz(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2012
Ranking all d governors
1. Akpabio
2. Oshimole
3. Rochas
35. Fashola
36. TA Orji

1 Like

Re: Giving The Best "Performing" South-East Governor An Award. by GeneralGaricks: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2012

For the un-tidy state of Aba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBC Okays 159 Radio, TV Stations / Benue Government Uncovers 2,500 Ghost Workers / Why Is The Eastern Region The Only Region Without An Airport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.