Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. (3447 Views)

Am I Enslaved? Why Do I Find Caucasian Looking Men Much More Attractive? (pics) / Girls, How Would You Like To Be Asked Out? / Women: Do You Find Good Looking Men With Ear Rings More Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by onila(f): 2:18am On Nov 28, 2012
based on recent study-why undecided
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by tpia1: 2:30am On Nov 28, 2012
But i thought you said you're attractive and get asked out by good looking men.

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by abbeycial: 3:57am On Nov 28, 2012
I disagree wit dis topic wit every single calcium in ma bone. Except u aint as attractive as u asumed.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by onila(f): 4:24am On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: But i thought you said you're attractive and get asked out by good looking men.
only few cry
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by pleep(m): 4:52am On Nov 28, 2012
onlia can you post a link, or is this just ur observation?
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by An0nimus: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2012
onila: based on recent study-why undecided
link to study pls? Thanks...i have my guess to the question though.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by dmcdad: 6:44am On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: But i thought you said you're attractive and get asked out by good looking men.

Self-contradiction my bruv...
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by dmcdad: 6:45am On Nov 28, 2012
Yet another assertion..
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Mynd44: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2012
dmcdad:

Self-contradiction my bruv...
More like sis
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by KINGwax(m): 6:50am On Nov 28, 2012
hey check out this poem..
Onila claims she's attractive ..
But Lovely guys don't ask her out..
onila now is frustrated..
suicide ebbs out her life!
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by An0nimus: 7:06am On Nov 28, 2012
KINGwax:

:-| ? ? ?
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by tpia1: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2012
the man in question should stop chasing shadows and face his front.

women dey there, and they're waiting for you.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by dmcdad: 8:49am On Nov 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
More like sis

I see...
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Mynd44: 9:22am On Nov 28, 2012
dmcdad:

I see...
That's good
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by lovelife2: 9:33am On Nov 28, 2012
!

3 Likes

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by tpia1: 9:41am On Nov 28, 2012
if you're too handsome then look for something else to occupy your time so you dont turn narcissistic. And also so you dont have issues with haters.

didnt make sense of your write up but its true excessively beautiful girls tend to get taken by rich, not so excessively beautiful men.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by chronique(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2012
love_life:

That study may just prove to be correct! And the answer to your question is EGO. It's usually the case that "attractive" people (i.e. Facially beautiful, drop-dead gorgeous, jaw-dropping looks etc) have big egos along such lines of beauty, and so there's naturally a problem in terms of ego supremacy. The girl believes she's so beautiful (everyone tells her that) and so she would tend to subconsciously behave in a way that men should "worship" her ego and bow to her beauty, which of course is the normal thing that average looks and below guys would queue up to do, except the guy that is also very handsome with eye-popping beauty. Such a man has his own beauty ego and is very confident about his looks and believes it should be the other way round, and girls should "worship" his beauty, and of course they do -girls with ordinary looks of course. And so there you have it, pretty girl usually will not "bow" for pretty guy and pretty guy won't "worship" pretty girl, and so in the end, the usual vase is that they just walk away and avoid eachother and go bask in the praise and infatuations of those who are crazy (literally sometimes) about their stunning looks.

I'll use myself as an example. I'm not boasting here or anything like that but the fact is i'm a very handsome guy -heard that all my life till now. Now I don't chase after women, never did! In fact, I don't know how to do it and it really amazes me when I see some other guys chase women as if they're oxygen and their lives depend on having them. All the relationships i've had so far, though few, I was chased and didn't do the chasing. But the truth is it's a PROBLEM, an ego problem and it can be disheartening sometimes especially when you realize that you're so handsome and "ugly" girls (sorry for my use of this word; no abuse or taunt is intended whatsoever) keep chasing you but then the extremely naturally pretty ones get taken by "ugly" guys -very rich ugly guys of course!

True. I've been in same position before when I was much younger & was pretty pre-occupied with the swag thing. Expensive designer clothes,expensive watches,perfumes,sunshades,etc & I also got d height(almost 6,3"wink. Always having girls ask me out & it still happens now but not as frequent as before. Made my Ego pretty big & I loved forming for fine girls way back. Fine boys think they're too fine & as such(sometimes),do not feel they should bring themselves down. Pretty girls feel too pretty & feel all guys should fall for them. Ugly boys have nothing to lose & sometimes,end up with the fine gals when the fine gals got no one wooing them. Ego is just the thing.

2 Likes

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Sweetlemon(f): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
All my handsome cousins are married to (not dating o) sexy, hot pretty ladies.
It is only the ones with ego issues and low self esteem that run away from hot girls.
There are MANY smoking hot ladies out there that make excellent wives. It's only for the men to know where and what button to press to activate this.
Do a more careful study and see

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2012
tpia1: if you're too handsome then look for something else to occupy your time so you dont turn narcissistic. And also so you dont have issues with haters.

Yup
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by treasureboy09(m): 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2012

Just wanna ask as a lady which turns you on handsome and sexy or ugly and not sexy?
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by treasureboy09(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
Sweetlemon: All my handsome cousins are married to (not dating o) sexy, hot pretty ladies.
It is only the ones with ego issues and low self esteem that run away from hot girls.
There are MANY smoking hot ladies out there that make excellent wives. It's only for the men to know where and what button to press to activate this.
Do a more careful study and see

On point dearie.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
love_life:

That study may just prove to be correct! And the answer to your question is EGO. It's usually the case that "attractive" people (i.e. Facially beautiful, drop-dead gorgeous, jaw-dropping looks etc) have big egos along such lines of beauty, and so there's naturally a problem in terms of ego supremacy. The girl believes she's so beautiful (everyone tells her that) and so she would tend to subconsciously behave in a way that men should "worship" her ego and bow to her beauty, which of course is the normal thing that average looks and below guys would queue up to do, except the guy that is also very handsome with eye-popping beauty. Such a man has his own beauty ego and is very confident about his looks and believes it should be the other way round, and girls should "worship" his beauty, and of course they do -girls with ordinary looks of course. And so there you have it, pretty girl usually will not "bow" for pretty guy and pretty guy won't "worship" pretty girl, and so in the end, the usual vase is that they just walk away and avoid eachother and go bask in the praise and infatuations of those who are crazy (literally sometimes) about their stunning looks.

I'll use myself as an example. I'm not boasting here or anything like that but the fact is i'm a very handsome guy -heard that all my life till now. Now I don't chase after women, never did! In fact, I don't know how to do it and it really amazes me when I see some other guys chase women as if they're oxygen and their lives depend on having them. All the relationships i've had so far, though few, I was chased and didn't do the chasing. But the truth is it's a PROBLEM, an ego problem and it can be disheartening sometimes especially when you realize that you're so handsome and "ugly" girls (sorry for my use of this word; no abuse or taunt is intended whatsoever) keep chasing you but then the extremely naturally pretty ones get taken by "ugly" guys -very rich ugly guys of course!

hhehhehehehhehe I luv people like this. grin grin grin grin anyway I luv your write up you have some point but the main point is that the not so good looking guys (depends on your taste) have everything going for them expect the look. They are super confident, amazing swag, very stylish, very intelligent, funny as hell, down right amazing in bed. Biggest di..cks, they are the bad boys with the no nonsense attitude. Pretty girls run after them they don't run after pretty girls. You got it all wrong there my friend, maybe where you live not where I live. grin grin grin grin I have personally turned down a really really handsome guy for someone that was just ok because they had all the above I just listed.

Men are the one that are more particular about look because lets face it, women are like accessory to men. You want them to be beautiful if you want to show them off. A man may settle for a dumb pretty woman but a woman will rarely settle for a dumb handsome man.

As for us women, we don't care much about what people will say, or what society will think, if hes good to us and have the qualities we want, we are in.

Beside if I am incredibly attracted towards him (even if hes your definition of average or below average) and he make me moist just by the sight of him who needs a hrithik roshan lookalike? tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by pleep(m): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
I think you have upset Rokiatu somehow
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by kandiikane(m): 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reason being- Intimidation. With the stereotypes in place it's really hard for pretty woman.

Went out with a guy mate during the weekend, he saw this pretty girl but he didn't make a move because he said she may brush him off.

Typical stereotype.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Pretty girls are usually more down to earth than their opposite counterparts.
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by pleep(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
But anyway, i don't believe this study. People end up with people around there same attractiveness level. I personally believe 7.5 to 8 is the sweet spot for female beauty.

The way i see it a 10 is not going to feel any better than a 7.5 if you know what i mean wink

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by 190theclown: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
Are Nigerian girls even attractive themselves grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
rokiatu:

hhehhehehehhehe I luv people like this. grin grin grin grin anyway I luv your write up you have some point but the main point is that the not so good looking guys (depends on your taste) have everything going for them expect the look. They are super confident, amazing swag, very stylish, very intelligent, funny as hell, down right amazing in bed. Biggest di..cks, they are the bad boys with the no nonsense attitude. Pretty girls run after them they don't run after pretty girls. You got it all wrong there my friend, maybe where you live not where I live. grin grin grin grin I have personally turned down a really really handsome guy for someone that was just ok because they had all the above I just listed.

Men are the one that are more particular about look because lets face it, women are like accessory to men. You want them to be beautiful if you want to show them off. A man may settle for a dumb pretty woman but a woman will rarely settle for a dumb handsome man.

As for us women, we don't care much about what people will say, or what society will think, if hes good to us and have the qualities we want, we are in.

Beside if I am incredibly attracted towards him (even if hes your definition of average or below average) and he make me moist just by the sight of him who needs a hrithik roshan lookalike? tongue tongue tongue
Perhaps you haven't seen good looking guys who're confident, got swag, funny, intelligent . . . With big dícks too. They are everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Oahray: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
J12:
Perhaps you haven't seen good looking guys who're confident, got swag, funny, intelligent . . . With big dícks too. They are everywhere!
Bros why you dey announce me na?
Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by lovelife2: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
!

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by topmostg: 6:21am On Nov 29, 2012
KINGwax:

chai, i don tire o

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by pleep(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2012
Every thing is A$$ backwards on this site... on what planet do good looking men feel like they are too attractive to ask out girls? Aren't tall good looking guys the same ones that ask out a different hot chick everyday?

This is why i feel like most nairalanders never leave their houses, half the stuff yall say just makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Attractive Women Are Less Likely To Be Asked Out By Good Looking Men. by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 30, 2012
pleep: Every thing is A$$ backwards on this site... on what planet do good looking men feel like they are too attractive to ask out girls? Aren't tall good looking guys the same ones that ask out a different hot chick everyday?

This is why i feel like most nairalanders never leave their houses, half the stuff yall say just makes no sense.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' / *can You Date A Neighbour* / Meet Mrcork's Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.