Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,436 members, 7,781,273 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:36 AM

Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service (15979 Views)

Latest Data Plan || Glo Offers 1GB Data For N500 Plus Other Cheaper Plans / Glo N5 For 100mb New Internet Tariff? / Zain 1k/month Data Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by k2kay(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2012
GLOBACOM said over the weekend that the new Glo Bolt Internet modem has been loaded with spectacular free benefits including a free Glo SIM card; 500 MB of data once the SIM is registered and activated. The package will also have free monthly data for six months for new and existing data subscribers on the Glo network.

According to Glo, new and existing subscribers who subscribed to any of the pocket friendly plans such as Always Macro, Always Min, Always Max, the Silver, Gold or Platinum plans will get a 30 per cent instant bonus and 200 MB free data every month for six months. The free data will be automatically given to the subscriber as soon as he/she activates a plan of N1, 000 and above each month.

Globacom’s GM, Marketing, Ashutosh Tiwary, said that Glo Bolt thrives on “speed and performance and, with the service, the subscriber is always a winner because we recognise that speed is a driver of value”.

Tiwary said that Glo Bolt offers unparalleled value since the cost of the modem has been significantly reduced and bundled with a free SIM and 500 MB free data on activation. “Our innovative plan sharing and plan gifting capability will also make Glo Bolt the Internet service of choice in the market”, Tiwary added.

On the gifting feature, Tiwary said a Glo customer can now buy an Internet subscription and send it to friends, family members and loved ones as ‘gifts’. This feature is especially useful when the person buying the gift does not want to share his subscription with the intended recipient. The gift recipient will be notified of the gift via customized SMS from the sender. The sharing feature allows up to five Glo customers to share one data plan.

Also speaking on the subscription plans, Tiwary explained that the sharing feature offers the subscriber convenience and affordability by enabling him to share his internet subscription with his friends, family and loved ones instead of buying multiple subscriptions for each and every one of them.

“For instance, a customer with a wife and two kids can buy only one subscription plan and share with his three loved ones instead of buying four subscription plans. The beneficiaries will receive an SMS notifying them of the shared plan and how they can share the plan. The customer just needs to visit http://hsi.glo.com from his Glo line to access the new world-class self-care portal through which the customers can use all the new functionalities. Only Glo offers a Self Care Portal for its Data & BlackBerry customers,” he explained.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106003:glo-offers-free-six-month-data-30-per-cent-bonus-on-new-internet-service-&catid=55:compulife&Itemid=391

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by luluosas(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
Check these pictures.

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by puskin: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
luluosas: Check these pictures.

ehnnnn.......na ur letter wey make them come with these freebies...abi grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by puskin: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
But wait a minute..........doesn't the NCC ban include things like this......abi this one no follow for promo.
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by puskin: 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
.Reserved
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by francis247(m): 3:37am On Nov 29, 2012
This people don start again! 200mb. 4 computer or palasa? na who dem wan deceive? Mtcheeew...

2 Likes

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by semid4lyfe(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2012
Where is Glo's Resident Nairaland Agent, lulosas? I'm surprised someone beat him to this thread grin

Meanwhile, I suspect the modem is a 3.6mbps modem and that's why it's as cheap as N3,999.

Hell, it's the same one as their Huawei 3.6mbps modem (the one with front loading) that was sold just before they started selling that Huawei 7.2bmps GloNetrpo branded modem. . .

So instead of moving forward and upgrading, they're actually going backwards. . .NO BE ME AND THEM tongue

Shey I wan dey use 3.6mbps modem for 2012 when some etisalat subscribers dey use 21.6mbps modems and all the other GSM telcos are offering 7.2mbps modems?

Where is lulosas to shed light on this?

4 Likes

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by megxo(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
PLS PLS PLS........... angry
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by ogusbaba1(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Na dia way jor
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Intrepid1(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2012
Jokers just developed a fancy new modem and packaged some new 'freebies' to maga people into buying. The speed will be no different from the present modems.

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by RedLight1: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2012
semid4lyfe: Where is Glo's Resident Nairaland Agent, lulosas? I'm surprised someone beat him to this thread grin

Meanwhile, I suspect the modem is a 3.6mbps modem and that's why it's as cheap as N3,999.

Hell, it's the same one as their Huawei 3.6mbps modem (the one with front loading) that was sold just before they started selling that Huawei 7.2bmps GloNetrpo branded modem. . .

So instead of moving forward and upgrading, they're actually going backwards. . .NO BE ME AND THEM tongue

Shey I wan dey use 3.6mbps modem for 2012 when some etisalat subscribers dey use 21.6mbps modems and all the other GSM telcos are offering 7.2mbps modems?

Where is lulosas to shed light on this?

e tire me o

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by RedLight1: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2012
Intrepid!:
Jokers just developed a fancy new modem and packaged some new 'freebies' to maga people into buying. The speed will be no different from the present modems.
na dia way my brother ... they are all thieves .... one thief is just bigger than the other
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by RedLight1: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2012
francis247: This people don start again! 200mb. 4 computer or palasa? na who dem wan deceive? Mtcheeew...
that 200mb is just for 10minutes surfing without downloading on pc

2 Likes

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2012
Okay
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Ejekinsim(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2012
cryThey are up to something again. These people are just selfish.
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2012
Damn.this is good.Am so dumping my Glo NetPro 4 this...

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by mjay(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2012
the tin is not available naaaa.
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by daywatcher: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2012
how long can you browse for with that?
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by BarryX(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2012
We've heard !! Oya everybody ha lele to the Nearest Glo store A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ GRAB YOUR MODEM NOW!! Mtchewwwww

2 Likes

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by bigfat: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2012
nice one
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2012
only mumus would agree to this shit
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by pearlmma05(f): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2012
Naija nd promos very soon yam sellers go start their own 'buy 2 tubers nd get one free' may God deliver naija

1 Like

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2012
Glo has been, always is, and has proven over and over again to be a useless network as far as browsing is concerned.
I await real life user testimonies of this their 'Usain Bolt' internet before I entertain the slightest thoughts of considering them.
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by solgee(m): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2012
Ok na....
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2012
Mara mara n'ihu, gwompete n'azu!

Hu dey dciv hu?
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by ochukoccna: 11:58am On Nov 29, 2012
This thread came @ the right time
Are this plans only for modems?
I subscribed to the 200mb plan for my Galaxy I9003 phone but Glo finished my airtime credit instead of charging my data account
I checked my data balance and it reads 260mb
I remove &put the Glo SIM in a java phone and get a network error trying to browse
Are they any special settings to use this bundle on my phone?
Or do I have to call Mike Adenuga before I can use this data bundle on my phone(s)?
Someone please help
Thanks
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by ochukoccna: 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2012
pearlmma05: Naija nd promos very soon yam sellers go start their own 'buy 2 tubers nd get one free' may God deliver naija
MTN is in on it too
Dont know about Eti and Airtel
Below is that of MTN

Sorry, you are not eligible for the bonus offer. To participate, activate 100MB & enjoy 200MB! Activate 250MB & above & get 50% bonus! Dial *123*4#! Thank you
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by purplekayc(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
francis247: This people don start again! 200mb. 4 computer or palasa? na who dem wan deceive? Mtcheeew...

Glo dey fold my hand no be small! Am really surprised that by now after their so called glo 1 submarine cable we are still bombarded with capped internet products ,, abeg I don pass this level am sure their are other internet providers especially in lag that will or are doing better than this?make dem go rest jare!!
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by amosy007: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
binger: Damn.this is good.Am so dumping my Glo NetPro 4 this...
notin spectacular abt d modem.. Its just another hawuei series e303 7.2mbit modem.. Only at cheaper rate. And i will advice u not to buy right coz hawuei e303 was configured with some special algorithm that make it hard to unblock at d moment
Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by Toppytee(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2012
@ochukoccna,Glo has two types of settings;glosecure and gloflat. Once U̶̲̥̅̊ subscribe 2 a plan U̶̲̥̅̊ will need a gloflat settings. If U̶̲̥̅̊ are using an android fone or any smartfone,go to ur phone settings and change glosecure to gloflat and anywhere U̶̲̥̅̊ see secure change it to flat. On ur java fone U̶̲̥̅̊ will need to request 4 gloflat settings by sending "flat" as a msg to 1234 or call 171 to request. The speed of d internet in 9ja depends on d strenght of ur service provider in ur location. Glo 3.5G is fast if U̶̲̥̅̊ ve it in ur area.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service by dljbd1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
Stories!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack / Celtel Mms Back / How To Get 2GB Of MTN Data Using 100 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.