Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,234 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup (5637 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by bamto(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
West Brom striker, Osaze Odemwingie, says he is giving his all so as to be considered for a place in Nigeria's squad for the upcoming 2013 Africa Nations Cup.

Odemwingie did not participate in the qualifiers for the Nations Cup, but the striker believes his current form and experience can sway national team selectors.

'I want to be part of the Super Eagles team that will try to win the Africa Cup of Nations next year. I am looking forward to South Africa' He said that Nigeria will be ruthless in South Africa after missing out on the previous championship held in Equitorial Guinea and Gabon and warns teammate and Congolese international, Yussouf Mulumbu that his country will suffer if it crosses Super Eagles' path.

“I have told him that it will be different if we meet at the Nations Cup in January.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/51594-afcon-2013-odemwingie-desperate-nigeria-cant-parade-sidney-sam

Source: Nigerian Tribune.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Shuen: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
Na today?
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by joey4jo: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
No! Nigeria dont want him.
Shebi him say he dosnt want to play for nigeria again, abi is it he has retired from national football.. Him come marry white join.. Guy, dey go, we no want.

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
he is trying.
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by drstan(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
All na initial gharagara, but come to think of it, i dont see any thing special about this dude..
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Godsvow: 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2012
bamto: West Brom striker, Osaze Odemwingie, says he is giving his all so as to be considered for a place in Nigeria's squad for the upcoming 2013 Africa Nations Cup.

Odemwingie did not participate in the qualifiers for the Nations Cup, but the striker believes his current form and experience can sway national team selectors.

'I want to be part of the Super Eagles team that will try to win the Africa Cup of Nations next year. I am looking forward to South Africa' He said that Nigeria will be ruthless in South Africa after missing out on the previous championship held in Equitorial Guinea and Gabon and warns teammate and Congolese international, Yussouf Mulumbu that his country will suffer if it crosses Super Eagles' path.

“I have told him that it will be different if we meet at the Nations Cup in January.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/51594-afcon-2013-odemwingie-desperate-nigeria-cant-parade-sidney-sam

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2012
Take note the african cup of nations will surely get them new clubs if they perform well. grin grin grin
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Timijo(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2012
I think say hin dey do yanga before. why hin won kon force hin self into it now
bamto: West Brom striker, Osaze Odemwingie, says he is giving his all so as to be considered for a place in Nigeria's squad for the upcoming 2013 Africa Nations Cup.

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by adora4u1: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2012
I thought he didn't want to play for Naija?! Better Naija than no team!
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by salolo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2012
let him try more
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Paulfish: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2012
Timijo: I think say hin dey do yanga before. why hin won kon force hin self into it now
no mind am
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by sholasys: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
This man you must be short of history, Odemwingie has been consistent, committed and patriotic player for Nigeria with a good scoring records. At one point in time footballers/star get issues and that does not mean the end of the road ok. It happens everywhere Euro, africa, america etc
joey4jo: No! Nigeria dont want him.
Shebi him say he dosnt want to play for nigeria again, abi is it he has retired from national football.. Him come marry white join.. Guy, dey go, we no want.

4 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by SEYIKP(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2012
NO MORE SPACE FOR ODE, IF ONLY HE WILL GO HAS A BALL BOY
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by vanminister: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
this guy has a lot of pace. he is 30 or 31 yet he runs better than all our eagle players who says they are 22 or 26.

the only eagle with the real age on paper and in REALITY. We need you Osaze!

No Osaze? then i am not watching! Else it will be the same semi final thing.

big for nothing country. ARE YOU NOT GOING TO INVITE PETER RUFAI TO MAN THE POST?

2 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by bamto(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2012
adora4u1: I thought he didn't want to play for Naija?! Better Naija than no team!
The report quoted Keshi, and not Osaze as saying so. Keshi later denied. We cannot judge him based on hearsays.
I however question his level of patriotism too. But then, we need his pace, experience and wit in that team. Keshi can handle his excesses.
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Super1759: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
all of them don deh ginger,when time reach now,na them go 1st comot.
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Parnassuss(m): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2012
I have tired for Osaze. First he felt he didn't get enough spotlight, when he got it he was nothing special and broke my heart more times than Yakubu (I exaggerate of course) and after having unnecessary media spats with the last two coaches and the country at large he still wants to get back on the horse? Guy abeg I leave the decision to the Big Boss joor, that's why he gets the millions.
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by greall1: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2012
Take it or leave it. The guy still nigeria best player in premiership
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by GentleNaaz(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2012
Moses wan die 4 AFCON 2013, Osaze desperate 4 AFCON 2013, mikel wetn u wan do 4 AFCON 2013? Wetn ds AFCON 2013 go cause, me i no knw oooo. I don lurk up
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by HAH: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
let truth be told osaze is the best striker Nigeria currently has, so it will be wise for keshi to invite him, and come to think of it this guy has laboured for Nigeria over years not like dem ameobi

3 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Spacodinho(m): 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2012
So na because of say we the go SA nah u recognise nigeria abi
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by HisMajesty1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
Nigerians need to be begging Osaze to play in AFCON 2013, presently which super eagle player can compare with his zest on the field of play, or experience or even level of confidence?

1 Like

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by yuzedo: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
Reasons Osaze MUST be included in the AFCON 2013 list:
1. He isn't an age cheat. What he claims is what it is
2. Super fast, extra pacy striker.
3. Commendable antecedence
4. Unquestionable dedication & loyalty
5. Fitness and form
6. Abundant skills, intelligence & adaptability
7. Even in past matches where he performed below par, you could not question his work-rate and determination
8. He handsome as f(u)ck... wink

Vote Osaze Odemwingie for Preside.... Oh sorry, what were we talking about again?? grin kiss

6 Likes

Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by ozodigboo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
Nonsense.

Osaze said he wont play for Nigeria again.

Now the qualifiers are over, he wants to go to Nations cup.

Monkeys don work finish, baboon wan come chop.

Even Shola Ameobi wan go Nations cup.

Since 1990, we don deh beg am to play for Naija. . . . .

E refuse, say na England he go play for - England no gree,

Now wey he don reach 40yrs, he wan come play for us.

Guys, plz lets discourage people from reaping where they never sowed.
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
drstan: All na initial gharagara, but come to think of it, i dont see any thing special about this dude..
because he single handedly demolish ur chelshit team abi?
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2012
vanminister: this guy has a lot of pace. he is 30 or 31 yet he runs better than all our eagle players who says they are 22 or 26.

the only eagle with the real age on paper and in REALITY. We need you Osaze!

No Osaze? then i am not watching! Else it will be the same semi final thing.

big for nothing country. ARE YOU NOT GOING TO INVITE PETER RUFAI TO MAN THE POST?
you be complete ode oo
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by Kwambe: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2012
He is a good stricker, will be good to have him back in the team, players have issues once in a while with the team,but come to think of it osaze has been consistent since he first featured for the super eagles, he will. Definately add aggression in the eagles attack line for sure
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by petrov10: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
Parnassuss: I have tired for Osaze. First he felt he didn't get enough spotlight, when he got it he was nothing special and broke my heart more times than Yakubu (I exaggerate of course) and after having unnecessary media spats with the last two coaches and the country at large he still wants to get back on the horse? Guy abeg I leave the decision to the Big Boss joor, that's why he gets the millions.
did u say i have tired
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by NessaFresh(f): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2012
abeg he shud come...my cutiepie
Re: Odemwingie Desperate For Nations Cup by JaaizTech: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
I am really happy with this development. Not that I don't want Osaze on the team, infact I believe a Player of his experience and calibre will be good for the team; but what really excites me is that Players have realised that they are not indispensable and that they have to fight for shirt and even beg (like we have seen Osaze and Martins do.). This is healthy for the team, I wish the same kind of treatment can meted on Mikel, He needs to realise, Nigeria can do without him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Utd Player, Zaha Caught Sleeping With His Coach’s (david Moyes) Daughter / Live!!!(ongoing) Bets For Free High Stakers Enter / Man.utd Transfers And Signings 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.