Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (14176 Views)

What Network Plan Are You Currently Using For Heavy Downloads? / Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by luluosas(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
yahoo!:

How much do you make calls on your network oga?
15k/s (N9/m) for Glo calls and 25k/s (N15/m) to other networks, with N33 for the first minute of the day. Thank you.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by luluosas(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
Red-Light:
when they refused to up their game nko.. They are just doing follow follow for mtn... Non sense network
Which one is follow follow again? Is competition follow follow in your own dictionary? Look here, if not for Glo, MTN would have long cut your throat with per minute billings.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by luluosas(m): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
ITbomb:
Which plan pls.
Can someone pls list the most affordable plans for all the networks with their entry codes.
Thanks

I don't care about others but, here is info for Glo packages.

1. Glo Gista
Overview
Glo Gista offer is a prepaid tariff plan which rewards the customer daily with lower rates for talking more. The customer pays 15K/s for calls to Glo lines and 30K/s for calls to other local networks.
Rates and Charges
Voice Rates
Glo to Glo 15k/sec
Glo to Other Networks 30k/sec

After the 1st 60 seconds of the day at 40K/s

SMS Rates
Glo to Glo N3
Glo to Other Networks N5
International N10

Eligibility
The Glo Gista plan is available to ALL Glo prepaid customers throughout Nigeria except Glo Profit customers
How to Subscribe / Migrate

New and existing customers need only follow the instructions below to enjoy the wonderful package:
Dial *100*15*1#
Send or Reply 1 to confirm
http://www.gloworld.com/gista.asp

2. G-BAM HI 5ive
G-Bam Hi 5ive allows subscribers to call five special numbers at only five kobo per second. It offers a unique proposition to the youths of Nigeria by making the immensely popular and ubiquitous social networking site Facebook Free. It also offers subscribers several other attractive benefits including free airtime on activation, free night calls and lowest SMS charges in the Nigerian telecoms market.
Keep your peeps tight at 5k/sec calls to 5 friends on Glo. To Register Friends, Dial *101*1*FRIEND'S NUMBER#

G-BAM Weekender:
Chat all you want with Free weekend chatting. Text 'Chat' to 20805 and enjoy free chatting with friends from Friday 6pm to Saturday 6am and Saturday 6pm to Sunday 6am.

G-BAM Bonus:
Earn N500 Free airtime upon SIM activation and recharge. Bonus of N100 on activation (N50 to any network and N50 to Glo) PLUS bonus of N200 each on 1st and 2nd recharge of N200 or more within 7days of activation.

G-BAM Social:
Socialize with your peeps like never before with Free Facebook browsing between 1am and 6am every day.

G-BAM Nites:
Own the night with G-BAM and share everything with your crew with Free Night Calls. Use N200 or more in 7days and enjoy free calling to all Glo numbers for next 7days between 12 midnight and 5am for next 7days.

G-BAM Scholars:
Stay on top of your game. Become a G-BAM scholar and fulfill your academic dreams with $5 million in scholarships for 1,000 students. Be on the G-BAM platform and you could be among the 250 students to earn $5,000 scholarships every quarter. To enroll for the scholarship, click here.

G-BAM Free Caller Tunes:
Get you groove on! Come join Nigeria's hippest crew and get all you callers rocking with your free ring back tunes.

FREE Glo Radio Subscription:
Listen to songs of your choice. It's your radio on the go on your mobile. Dial 77025 to subscribe.
Calls to any network @ 25k/sec
All benefits are available at a daily access fee of N10 only.
Join the G-BAM generation today. Dial *100*5*1# now!
http://www.gloworld.com/gbam.asp

3. Glo Yan-Me-More:
Overview
Glo Yan-Me-More offer is a prepaid tariff plan which rewards the customer daily with lower rates for talking more. The customer pays 15K/s for calls to Glo lines and 25K/s for calls to other local networks.
Rates and Charges

Voice rate
Glo to Glo 15k/sec
Glo to Other Networks 25k/sec
After the 1st 60 seconds of the day at 55K/s

Eligibility
The Glo Yan-me-more plan is available to ALL Glo prepaid customers throughout Nigeria except Glo Profit customers

How to Subscribe/Migrate
New and existing customers need only follow the instructions below to enjoy the wonderful package:
Dial *100*10*1#
Send or Reply 1 to confirm
http://www.gloworld.com/yan-me-more.asp

4. NEW GLO INFINITO:
Overview
Welcome to a world of More Expectations and More Possibilities from Glo. As always, Glo leads the pack with the introduction of the NEW GLO INFINITO; a “No Conditions“ flat rate tariff plan for all prepaid customers.

Glo infinito was available in special states across the country but can now be enjoyed in any state and anywhere in Nigeria. It is new and very easy to enjoy with all its benefits. Its one tariff to any network in Nigeria and it is cheap too.

TARIFF
Glo-to-Glo 25k/sec
Glo to Other Networks 35k/sec
SMS(All Networks) N8
http://www.gloworld.com/prepaid_infinito.asp

5. Glo Flexi
Glo Flexi is the premier prepaid dynamic tariff plan in Nigeria. It offers unprecedented discounts to subscribers anytime, anywhere in Nigeria. Customers can enjoy up to 99% discount on calls made, depending on the time of day and geographical location of the customer. To register, dial *135*1#

Dynamic Tariffing (DT) is a network-based product which provides Globacom the ability to significantly lower the cost of calls by offering varying discounts to our customers. Glo FLeXi as a dynamic tariffing package depends on the density of traffic on the network at any point in time. The system looks at the network usage behaviour and gives generous discounts thereby making it possible for subscribers to enjoy discounts ranging from 0% to 99% depending on the time of day and their geographical location. In other words, subscribers are guaranteed better network quality on the Glo network as the massive discounts offers ensure proper utilization of network resources.

Glo Flexi Customers enjoy discount on calls to ALL networks and can talk for as low as 1K/sec.
Activation Steps

Enable the cell broadcast feature on your phone to enable you receive information on the discount available at your current location at anytime.
Dial USSD code *135*1# to register.
http://www.gloworld.com/prepaid_flexi.asp
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by jmaine: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
Airtel 2- good reloaded still remains the best across platforms

With a daily access fees of N5:00, you are charged 18K/sec to all networks . .Now that is a killer package grin

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by neyostica: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
jmaine: Airtel 2- good reloaded still remains the best across platforms

With a daily access fees of N5:00, you are charged 18K/sec to all networks . .Now that is a killer package grin

90% of my contacts are MTN numbers, so supersaver is ok for me, just 10Kb/sec
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by jmaine: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
neyostica:

90% of my contacts are MTN numbers, so supersaver is ok for me, just 10Kb/sec

Ok, so i guess the networks satisfies all our needs in a unique way grin . . .

1 Like

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 5:29am On Dec 01, 2012
An interesting angle to this is that, saved mobile numbers/contacts would no longer be associated with any particular network at facevalue, unless your contact informs you of his/her migration to a particular platform.

I personally would just be interested in the operator that's offering the best call rates to all networks rather than on-net call rates and off-net call rates. Because in truth, unless a migration sms will be sent to contacts once a migration is done, you hardly would know if you're making an on-net or an off-net call.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by luluosas(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2012
azpekuliar: An interesting angle to this is that, saved mobile numbers/contacts would no longer be associated with any particular network at facevalue, unless your contact informs you of his/her migration to a particular platform.

I personally would just be interested in the operator that's offering the best call rates to all networks rather than on-net call rates and off-net call rates. Because in truth, unless a migration sms will be sent to contacts once a migration is done, you hardly would know if you're making an on-net or an off-net call.
That is very correct but, for people like me, I will always know your present network (even though your number is 0802, 0803, 0804, 0805 or 0809), in as much as all the four major telecoms providers have different buffing sounds when you call a number on their network. Let's wait and see. Thank you.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by DisGuy: 3:12am On Dec 27, 2012
azpekuliar: We've all heard about the take-off of the Mobile Number Portability service[b] slated for December, 2012.[/b] The ability to choose or fire your GSM service provider is one whose time has come, and will only deepen competition among operators and improve service quality.

Which December ? 2013 grin

it has been slated....... since 2007
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by luluosas(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2012
Dis Guy:

Maybe December 2015.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Dis Guy:

It was first muted around 2005, when Ernest Ndukwe was still the NCC chairman. That's when I first heard of it. It began to gather steam at about 2007,but the networks claimed they weren't ready for it's implementation then.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by sampaio6(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wit my mtn, i will be using airtel cos na baba
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
Truth is I won't be taking it personal, just strictly business. No networks out-rightly bad and none is ultimately perfect. Utility being location based and greatly depending on network reception in geographical area of domicile. I've got them all (...minus Etisalat) and alternate/intensify use based on current cheapest tariff. Though MTN's my main line partly cos I've had it the longest.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by LeJeun3: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by LeJeun3: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
NO!
montero4relo: Can one still be able to retain his or her airtime after recharging MTN n switching back to ETISALAT?
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Dabss(m): 6:22am On Mar 28, 2013
March 28 still no news?
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by LeJeun3: 8:27am On Mar 28, 2013
Things to know while changing Network!https://www.nairaland.com/1238260/what-mobile-number-portability
Da_b¤§§.:
March 28 still no news?
grin grin
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by shaiguy(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2013
Looks like most of the migrations will be toward Etisalat.

Like your telco to bits or can't wait to change lines? Take this survey on number portability #Nigeria #naija #trends

http:///jBoKZ

So far about 68% of movement appears to be towards Etisalat, MTN currently at the bottom though...
Chart updated in realtime based on user interaction. It does appear that number portability will actually drive Etisalat's market share...

Attached is chart as at this morning 9.am

Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^ Interesting! Etisalat had better brace up. I also hope statistics can be released to the general public quarterly on network migrations.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by TechyGuy: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
luluosas:
My present package on Glo is 15k/s (N9/m) for Glo calls and 25k/s (N15/m) for other networks. Is this not amazing?

Are you kidding me? MTN Supersaver plan is 10k/s (N6/m) for MTN calls, 30k/s for other networks. They have Pulse which is cheaper for MTN calls (about N3/m).

I have MTN, Glo and Airtel lines. I dumped my Etisalat line after loosing so much money plus calls hardly connect.
Truth is that, Glo and MTN are still the best, wait until etisalat have twice the number of their subscribers or half that of MTN or even Glo, then you will know they are just hype!

I don't think Glo and MTN will suffer from the MNP thingy, I feel they will be vindicated finally. Its the smaller networks that will suffer once they start growing subscriber base, a position MTN and Glo went through several years back.

Plus no body is saying this, I have lost money to all the networks and MTN is the only network that refunds. When i scratched my card wrongly, MTN customer care have been able to load it for me. Glo customer care will tell me to spend N1000 to get to their office to load N500 card that wasn't even scratched. Etisalat customer care is whacked, Airtel's reps are rude to hell, they hang the call on you.

My opinion overall, MTN best for voice, coverage and customer service, Glo for internet, airtel for not making so much noise, etisalat for students/youth.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by TechyGuy: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
NCC is also fixing a rate to off net for all networks so the smaller networks will suffer most. Their profit will drop greatly which will affect their ability to expand.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by Chartey(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
azpekuliar: ^^ Interesting! Etisalat had better brace up. I also hope statistics can be released to the general public quarterly on network migrations.
They likely will. They do in Ghana.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by azpekuliar: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
TechyGuy:

Airtel's reps are rude to hell, they hang the call on you.

You lie man!... Been an Airtel user for close to 9 years now, not once have I spoken to a rude customer rep.
Re: Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? by shaiguy(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2013
Etisalat continues to lead by a wide margin. Most users appear to be heading out towards Etisalat with Airtel a distant second. MTN remains firmly rooted to the bottom of the chart. I have attached a sample report from the backend showing movement patterns at at 10.20am this morning.

Be sure to share this with your friends and complete the poll yourself.

Like your telco to bits or can't wait to change lines? Take this survey on number portability #Nigeria #naija #trends

http:///jBoKZ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Smartphones You Should Avoid / Telecomm Operators Lose 357,993 Customers - PM News / The Black Berry Craze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.