Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye (1582 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Stock Brokers Sue Oyedepo For Not Paying Them / Should He Pay His Tithe To His Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by bilms(m): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2012
Vanguard reports Pastor Adeboye as telling his Redeemed Church congregants: “Anyone who is not paying his tithe is a God robber and from now on let it be clear; anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be married in the church. Anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be ordained in the church. We will not ordain robbers, nor will the church accept a non-regular tither to build in the sprawling redemption camp because we do not want to dwell with robbers of God.

The definition of a robber is becoming complex, for those looters of our national heritage and pay in millions to our churches as their tithes: are they robbers in the eyes of our men of God? somebody should help me out
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
bilms: Vanguard reports Pastor Adeboye as telling his Redeemed Church congregants: “Anyone who is not paying his tithe is a God robber and from now on let it be clear; anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be married in the church. Anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be ordained in the church. We will not ordain robbers, nor will the church accept a non-regular tither to build in the sprawling redemption camp because we do not want to dwell with robbers of God.

The definition of a robber is becoming complex, for those looters of our national heritage and pay in millions to our churches as their tithes: are they robbers in the eyes of our men of God? somebody should help me out

In the OT, it was those who don't tithe that were robbing God and the temple BUT in the NT, it is those who STILL receive tithe that are robbers and robbing the temple for we are no more under law but under Grace.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2012
~double post~
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by JeSoul(f): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
@OP, Link please?
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
JeSoul: @OP, Link please?

My honourable Moderator, you forget say this topic don surface before. I guess the link is in....let me do a search, brb.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
@ JeSoul,

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/57587-no-tithe-no-wedding-so-says-adeboye-rccg.html

http://www..com/talk/topic,46039.0.html

It's actually an old story.....but "touch not mine anointed and do my prophet no harm". grin

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2012
Anybody who does not fall for the tithe scam must be commended by all means.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by truthislight: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2012
Goshen360: @ JeSoul,

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/57587-no-tithe-no-wedding-so-says-adeboye-rccg.html

http://www..com/talk/topic,46039.0.html

It's actually an old story.....but "touch not mine anointed and do my prophet no harm".
thanks for saving this thread
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Techwriter: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2012
Why I still pay? It works for me
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Kay17: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2012
Goshen360:

In the OT, it was those who don't tithe that were robbing God and the temple BUT in the NT, it is those who STILL receive tithe that are robbers and robbing the temple for we are no more under law but under Grace.

Does this mean that the Unchanging God changed his mind? And that the old testament is irrelevant?
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2012
Kay 17:

Does this mean that the Unchanging God changed his mind? And that the old testament is irrelevant?

See, you people should begin to understand my teachings here. The OT concealed the Gospel but the NT reveals the Gospel. The Gospel was buried in the OT but we had to wait for our mediator, Christ to come and died so as to unveil the NT. I do not mean that the OT is NOT useful but that it is NOT binding on Christians. The Bible makes it clear that the OT or OC was ONLY between God and the Jews, so the OT/OC is obsolete but the Gospel that was concealed in them and revealed by the NT is the complete revelation of God

New Living Translation (©2007)
When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear. - Hebrews 8:13

New International Version (©1984)
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship.
- Hebrews 10:1

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by nduchucks: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^ +100%

@Goshen360, please continue to reveal the truth and expose these "men of God" who continue to rob their flock by teaching none biblical sermons. Many of these "Pastors" are more focused on increasing the size of their churches' bank accounts than the number of the truly converted Christians within their Churches.

I hope these pastors, who actually know better, understand that the judgement of God is certain.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2012
bilms: Vanguard reports Pastor Adeboye as telling his Redeemed Church congregants: “Anyone who is not paying his tithe is a God robber and from now on let it be clear; anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be married in the church. Anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be ordained in the church. We will not ordain robbers, nor will the church accept a non-regular tither to build in the sprawling redemption camp because we do not want to dwell with robbers of God.

Very soon, salvation will be solely based on tithing to MoGs cheesy grin Smh!!!

Another trick is the use of threats (such as God robbers) grin so that their sheeps will not be enlightened and stop paying grin

I pity the spiritually blind! Smh
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by CrazyMan(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2012
bilms: Vanguard reports Pastor Adeboye as telling his Redeemed Church congregants: “Anyone who is not paying his tithe is a God robber and from now on let it be clear; anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be married in the church.
Very carnal statement...

2 Corinthians 8:12
12 A gift is appreciated because of what a person can afford, not because of what that person can’t afford, if it’s apparent that it’s done willingly.

2 Corinthians 9:7-8
7 Everyone should give whatever they have decided in their heart. They shouldn’t give with hesitation or because of pressure. God loves a cheerful giver. 8 God has the power to provide you with more than enough of every kind of grace. That way, you will have everything you need always and in everything to provide more than enough for every kind of good work.

Using threats to force people to pay tithes should be considered as robbery...the bible said people should give willingly, and not because they've been pressurized by their pastors to give.

bilms: Anyone who is not a regular tither cannot be ordained in the church. We will not ordain robbers, nor will the church accept a non-regular tither to build in the sprawling redemption camp because we do not want to dwell with robbers of God.
Acts 6:2-7. 2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. 3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. 4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: 6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them. 7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

From the passage above, we can see clearly that the criteria for selecting people who would serve in the household of God is quite different from what we're seeing today.

The early apostles choosed men filled with the holy ghost and of good report...not men who payed their tithes.

They choosed men who were willing to go the extra mile to do God's work...not money bags who think christianity is all about how much cash you deposit in your GO's account.

They choosed men who were ready to die, and even died for the gospel...and not men who would denounce their faith and betray Christ at the slightest temptation.

Its obvious that the church of today has lost its direction.

bilms: definition of a robber is becoming complex, for those looters of our national heritage and pay in millions to our churches as their tithes: are they robbers in the eyes of our men of God? somebody should help me out
Papa Adeboye is simply telling us that the sole aim of the RCCG is to extort tithes from people regardless of the source of where the money is coming from.

So if I'm a robber, and I pay tithe, God would accept my stolen money...?

If I'm into rituals, God would accept...?

If I'm a con man...God would still accept my tithe...?

If I'm a corrupt politician....my tithe would be relevant...?

If I'm an occultist...I can still pay my tithe to the church...?

I'm sorry pastor...my God isn't a beggar...he's interested in our hearts and not our pockets.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Kay17: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2012
Goshen360:

See, you people should begin to understand my teachings here. The OT concealed the Gospel but the NT reveals the Gospel. The Gospel was buried in the OT but we had to wait for our mediator, Christ to come and died so as to unveil the NT. I do not mean that the OT is NOT useful but that it is NOT binding on Christians. The Bible makes it clear that the OT or OC was ONLY between God and the Jews, so the OT/OC is obsolete but the Gospel that was concealed in them and revealed by the NT is the complete revelation of God

When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear. - Hebrews 8:13

New International Version (©1984)
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship.
- Hebrews 10:1

An assumption I must make about God is that he has the perfect state of mind, therefore no adjustment or correction or better option is left to be made. From what you are saying, you are implying that the NT is better reflection of God's will than the OT.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by truthislight: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2012
Kay 17:

with all your posting on this forum and bashing the bible you dont even know what is contain inside.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by tpia1: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2012
well, he said it and that's that, @ topic.

anybody who feels offended should suck a sour lemon.

una no get elders for house sha.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by truthislight: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: well, he said it and that's that, @ topic.

so you are 1 of those that worship this "man"?

Better read the bible and get God's mind on issues.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by bilms(m): 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2012
hum
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by JeSoul(f): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2012
Goshen360:

My honourable Moderator, you forget say this topic don surface before. I guess the link is in....let me do a search, brb.
Double honorable sir apostle minister bishop Goshen, I didn't necessarily doubt the story - we just have to be fair & credible when we post stories, articles etc etc.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
On the contrary it is pastors who still preach compulsory tithing to christians that are robbing God and his children.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: [size=20pt]well, he said it and that's that, @ topic.[/size]

You see your life Read yourself the kind of statement you come to make in the public So because Adeboye said that, that settles it right Need I remind you that, we are not of THEM that peddle the word of God for profit And what has elder got to do with heresy/sowing leaven to the body of Christ In your thought, you think God and his word respect a person Elder that says things in error can be and should be corrected by/from the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by tpia1: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2012
^ you sound like you're from a baby farm.

no elders that you know of, talkless home training.

the few ones you knew of, were more twisted than you, hence your presence there to begin with.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: ^ you sound like you're from a baby farm.

no elders that you know of, talkless home training.

the few ones you knew of, were more twisted than you, hence your presence there to begin with.

Was actually waiting for you....God's word is NO respect of persons. If Adeboye said anything in error, he is subject to correction as he is NOT Christ who died for the body of Christ. As for your insult to my elderly, it doesn't count on me since we all know who doesn't have proper home training on open forum. Die to defend him if you want, it doesn't bother me.
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by tpia1: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2012
Adeboye is not your mate, dear.

if YOU want to die because you dont like God blessing him, then who can stop you?
Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2012
tpia1: Adeboye is not your mate, dear.

if YOU want to die because you dont like God blessing him, then who can stop you?

Emotion VS word of truth = uncomfortable attitude. Do you know my age And to show you are being emotional, what has age got to do with the truth of God's word Again, God and His word does not respect age and person. If he said anything in error, he is subject to correction by/from the word of God.

Where did ANY of the Apostles say someone should not be wedded in believers' gathering because they don't tithe
Where in the word of God did it say people should not be given liberty because they don't tithe
When did tithing becomes a per-requisites to operate in the ministry gifts

All of this Adeboye had said and these by the word of God is heresy, he should be corrected. If he is your alpha and omega, you keep that to yourself and don't come spread his words rather than God's word to us.

Less I forget, I'm contented with the blessing of God on my life. I do not envy any man whatsoever. The grace of God is sufficient for me. I'm rich by God's Grace and I didn't collect tithe to be rich..... cool

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye by truthislight: 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2012

Adeboye is a fraud and a pedler of God's word.

Imagine the audacity!

cool

Adeboye is a fraud and a pedler of God's word.

Imagine the audacity!

(1) (Reply)

Shiloh 2012 Testimonies / How Satan Ordains Pastors / See What This Girl Posted About Jesus' Crucifixion On Twitter ( SMH! Image )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.