Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (9956 Views)

Marrying An INTROVERT / Is An Unemployed Man A Lazy Man In Lagos? / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by charlsecy4(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2012
If a guy wants to marry, but is not gainfully employed, and it happens that the girl he is in love with and wants to marry is also unemployed; do you think they should go on with the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by JameyMaxwell(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2012
Where dem wan see moni 4 marriage?

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by charlsecy4(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
Jamey Maxwell: Where dem wan see moni 4 marriage?

They probably received some cash from a friend, and want to use it to finance the wedding....
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by baby124: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2012
Money, no matter what is important. Dont be deceived. Get a job, especially with the ego you Nigerian men "claim" to have. And try not to get married and live with the parents. smh
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by slimyem: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
They are both unserious people....!!!
They should have no business getting married in this situation...rather,their business should be getting something to do first before anything!!
Where would they live?
How/what would they eat?
What if one of them falls sick?
What if pregnancy "mistakenly" happens?
Its a senseless venture!!

8 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
charlsecy4: If a guy wants to marry, but is not gainfully employed, and it happens that the girl he is in love with and wants to marry is also unemployed; do you think they should go on with the marriage?

I don't get these kind of questions. Where is it stipulated that marriage is only for those who have jobs? Kai!! If it is not your relationship, please leave them alone o'jare. Even poor people know love.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by charlsecy4(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2012
Kobojunkie: please leave them alone o'jare. Even poor people know love.

How would they get the basic things of life? Begging?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by RudySmith(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
They should have a court marriage, and be happy just as they r now. Having children should b out of the question until they r properly ready and equipped 4 it.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
charlsecy4:

How would they get the basic things of life? Begging?

How do they currently get it? Let me guess, you think singles who are unemployed are DEAD PEOPLE, right? Jeezz . . . Why is it that with many of you online here Marriage is about materials and shackles. In that same Nigerian millions of poor people get married everyday. . . how do you think that country got to it's almost 75% dirt-poor number? Counting just the single poor folks? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by victorian(f): 12:21am On Nov 29, 2012
But they basically end up begging....it hurts but true....
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Nov 29, 2012
victorian: But they basically end up begging....it hurts but true....

Says who? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by victorian(f): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Av seen it happen several times... A mother coming up to plead for money to buy food, drugs or even school fees .... No be today... It happens..and I wonder why create a family with kids , if you can't give them basic needs.. Some Nigerians with the mentality of God will do it, hoping on zero level when it could have been better to work with something credible on ground... Am a realist.. I don't deceive myself that manner falls from heaven.

6 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Nov 29, 2012
victorian: Av seen it happen several times... A mother coming up to plead for money to buy food, drugs or even school fees .... No be today... It happens..and I wonder why create a family with kids , if you can't give them basic needs.. Some Nigerians with the mentality of God will do it, hoping on zero level when it could have been better to work with something credible on ground... Am a realist.. I don't deceive myself that manner falls from heaven.

Oh come on!! that can happen to about anyone . . even many of those who marry rich sometimes find themselves begging others for help. Abeg make we stop to dey pretend say our fart no dey smell. Love does not discriminate against the unemployed so why should we ?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 29, 2012
Do they have to feed everybody before they have a union?

Of course they can go ahead with the marriage ( court ) like kobo and Rudy said but get a job before kids are involved. My penny undecided
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by greatgod2012(f): 3:59am On Nov 29, 2012
Do not despise a humble begining.

If d two of them have aspirations, then they have prospects, they also have d right to be in love, but sincerely, i will advise them to wait till either of them of both are gainfully engaged before bringing forth kids.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by ifyalways(f): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2012
The "just" shall live by "faith" grin. Dat na my favourite sticker. cheesy although most ignore the "just" in that sentence while zooming off with "faith and fate"

Country hard but without kids in the equation, they will survive.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by missojugo(f): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2012
SUCIDE MISSION. The "love" will evaporate after 3months of hunger, sleeping on d bare floor and daily arguments about who should go and beg whom for money. They won't even be interested in d marital sex which I believe is d main motivating factor. Like someone said Manna no longer falls from heaven and two adult decide they are old enough to be married the parents wash their hands off them and wish them luck in d land of OYO. Be wise don't start your marriage with begging

4 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2012
charlsecy4: If a guy wants to marry, but is not gainfully employed, and it happens that the girl he is in love with and wants to marry is also unemployed; do you think they should go on with the marriage?
foolish question...i pity the children cos they ll end up beggin or hawkin...plan ur life wel befor talkin bout marriage
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by ujukala: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2012
For there to be anything called marriage between the two, one person must be employed. Otherwise, they are just fooling themselves. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by rosamaris: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2012
It is very risky. It is not advisable. At least one of them must have a genuine way of getting money no matter how little.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by olivertwist: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2012
Unemployed man + Unemployed woman = Unemployed shildren(children)
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2012
greatgod2012: Do not despise a humble begining.

If d two of them have aspirations, then they have prospects, they also have d right to be in love, but sincerely, i will advise them to wait till either of them of both are gainfully engaged before bringing forth kids.

Well said. They certainly should chill on bringing in kids. They can certainly help each other in stringing something to bring in some upkeep funds- two unemployed heads are better than one I guess.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by ritalewisky: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2012
I enjoy this discussion undecidedI enjoy this discussion.its happening everyday
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by greall1: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2012
They will born poverty.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Exponental(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2012
If there is light at the end of the tunnel, go ahead........even the employed only have an advantage of light, light can go off anything.
God av mercy!
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by dammytosh: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2012
Are you a learner ?

What nonsense are we talking about here.

The rule should even be that

Unemployed Guy = |NO MARRIAGE. if you dont want to end your life like Titi

When you have not started, love can overwhelm you. It will only take 2 weeks after marriage plus constant love making before your eyes clear and open that you should have waited a bit for another suitor.

A guy must be employed and i mean constant pay , no matter how small. A pay they can manage and budget on. The main topic is no brainer.

Forget about all this plenty FAITH gist of 2 unemployed marrying without problem, the husband is usually a pastor and some pastor get alms and gifts that is more than what any salary can buy. So dnt be decieved.

My Cent.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Youngzedd(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2012

Which kind of rubbish question is this.

No money no love, forget about any advice people will give you, just stay in marriage for one month without job and see what will happen.
Love can never be without food on the table.
Abi na love una go eat.

Someone that want to marry without job is STUP1D
Am sorry for the word I used.

This is Poverty²

Don't ever think of depending on Garri because G don cost, more especially in my area.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by pharuk: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2012
<<<<Research has proved that young unemployed couples get married for the following reasons>>>
1. Christian couples are desperate to finally have s£x
2. They believe when they marry, God will provide
3. Family will help out (which is not always the case)
4. We are in love, we can’t wait before God leads us to someone else
5. If i marry, i will be matured and open doors will begin

Disclaimer...
The results from this research is in no way a conclusive evidence that idiots who get married when they have no source of income always survive the first 5 years of marriage

8 Likes

Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by Youngzedd(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
Double post.
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by adahib: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
I think it is a very silly thing to do.regardless of what people may think,love alone cannot sustain a marriage.you need to feed,pay rent,pay bills and before long,kids will come in.when hunger don touch them wella,all this love wey them dey sing go evaporate.
by the way,what is the rush? where in god's name did they keep their brains? OP you said a friend raised them some cash,why not use it to start a little business no matter how small? if they love each other as they claim,they will wait for each other while working hard on the business and at the same time looking for a job. this no be question abeg .
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by akabad: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
LWKMD
mr Researcher, you are here again.. your post always make laugh

pharuk: <<<<Research has proved that young unemployed couples get married for the following reasons>>>

Disclaimer...
The results from this research is in no way a conclusive evidence that idiots who get married when they have no source of income always survive the first 5 years of marriage
Re: Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? by dammytosh: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2012
pharuk: <<<<Research has proved that young unemployed couples get married for the following reasons>>>

Disclaimer...

YOU ARE RIGHT............................ That no 11111111111111 is the major trap.

Foolish people. After 3 days of sex, Their eyes go open while settling Wedding papparazi debts.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland's Cutest Baby Competition - NOMINATIONS / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.