Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,405 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:58 PM

Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives (2917 Views)

David Mark Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ohimini, Benue (pics) / Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Fatdon(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
A clash in Agbere community, Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State on Tuesday claimed the lives of 12 people, including a policeman.

The clash was triggered by the chieftaincy tussle in the community, which has split the youths of the community into factions.

The community has been tensed since the administration of former Governor Timipre Sylva sacked Chief Aziza Ekide for alleged breach of the chieftaincy laws and replaced him with Chief Victor Alali as acting paramount ruler.

11 youths were killed during a clash involving youths of the community over who becomes the paramount ruler of the community, while the policeman was said to have been killed when some youths invaded and sacked the police station in the community.

The state government has deployed armed policemen and soldiers to the community.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, said the situation has been brought under control.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/28/bayelsa-chieftaincy-dispute-clash-claims-12-lives/
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Omen100(m): 4:33am On Nov 29, 2012
Hmm, ok na.
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Omen100(m): 4:34am On Nov 29, 2012
Hmm, ok na Buhari jonathan's worst nightmare na course an.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Ibangap(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2012
Community of shoeless dudes fightin over crown/cap. grin

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2012
my people perish cos of lack of wisdom.this fools that died, what will be their compensation?..nada.nobody will remember in the long run.instead of putting their life into meaningfull projects, they had to waste it for nothing..smh

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2012
Omen100: Hmm, ok na Buhari jonathan's worst nightmare na course an.

dude, don't in your quest to be the first to comment, type treash abeg.repeating the same line just to reserve space...smh

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by FlyboyZee: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2012
Bayelsa! My beloved Bayelsa!!!
Land of my birth
The clime of my ancestors
The Glory of all lands
Land flowing with milk and honey

why art thou at war with thyself?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by mkoabiola: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2012
Woooow! @last.
I knew dere wil b crisis in ds community because dere is so much oil in ds community.(Shell)
I do visit ds community wen I served in bayelsa,it is not too far frm samson siasia community.
Each secondary student is paid a monthly allowance.
Den,I think d chief was not sharing d money to d community.na dem sabi jooo.
Anyway,RIP to d dead.
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by inspirenet: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2012
Ibanga p: Community of shoeless dudes fightin 4 crown/cap. grin

cheesy
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2012
Flyboy Zee: Bayelsa! My beloved Bayelsa!!!
Land of my birth
The clime of my ancestors
The Glory of all lands
Land flowing with milk and honey

why art thou at war with thyself?

Quit poetic,nwanne. Why was chief Aziza "sacked" ? Since when did we start sacking crowned rulers ? These people has been brainwashed!
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by lacasa: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2012
Bunch of Retardeens on the prowl grin
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by mmmustapha(m): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2012
If them like let them kill their shoeless BH sponsor jonah boy, who care
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by free2ryhme: 11:11am On Nov 29, 2012
when they are done killing themselves for an insignificant wood/metal then they will rest...
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by ijawkid(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2012
Mumu youths them......
Re: Bayelsa Chieftaincy Dispute Clash Claims 12 Lives by Ikwerefistson: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ibanga p: Community of shoeless dudes fightin over crown/cap. grin
ure a bily goat.an indegne of a naked clane

(1) (Reply)

The New Face Of Nigerian Roads / I Will Join PDP When Satan Converts To Islam— El Rufai - / .. .... .... . . ...!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.