Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud (11237 Views)

Ebonyi State Government Owes Corp Members 8 Months Allowance. / NYSC MDGs: For Real Or A Game Of Fraud? / Fake Pregnant NYSC Member Bags Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by santakris(m): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2012
Justice Adebisi Akinlade of the Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, onNovember 27, 2012, sentenced Ibok Benneth Preston, a national youth corps member to eight months imprisonment for attempting to commit internet fraud. The convict was prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a ten count charge bordering on forgery and possession of fraudulent proposal document to the tune of $4,500 (Four Thousand Five Hundred Dollars). The offence is contrary to Sections 363 of the criminal law of Lagos State , vol. 44 No 11 of 2011.

He was arraigned on November 1, 2012, on allegation that he fraudulently issued forged Union Bank of Nigeria Plc receipts, letters and several other documents purportedly obtained from the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), using the false identity of a Rev. Christopher Wallace, with intent to defraud unsuspecting individuals over a contrived European Winning Lottery programme.

When arraigned, he pleaded not guilty and he was detained in Kirikiri prison while the case was adjourned till November 27, 2012, for hearing of the bail application.

But on the adjourned date, Preston changed his plea from ‘not guilty’ to “guilty", having entered into a plea bargain agreement with the prosecution. Counsel to the accused person, J. Njoku, urged the court to tamper justice with mercy as the accused had shown remorse for his action, more so as he is a first offender.

The prosecution counsel, I.O. Daramola urged the court to convict the accused person in line with his plea.

Justice Akinlade consequently sentenced to eight months imprisonment effective from August 28, 2012, when he was arrested.

Preston’s road to jail followed a petition by a prominent industrialist who alleged that some unknown person hacked into his email account while his access to the account was blocked. The unknown person started sending mails to his contacts asking that money be sent to a certain bank account. After thorough investigation, Preston was arrested and he confessed to the crime.

http://huhuonline.com/index.php/more-news1/376-youth-corp-member-get-8-months-jail-term
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by etalker: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2012
Eyah!!! so much for service to the fatherland.

1 Like

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Tos87(m): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
Hahahaha no more Alawwiiii for him.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by kagel: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
santakris: Justice Adebisi Akinlade of the Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, onNovember 27, 2012, sentenced Ibok Benneth Preston, a national youth corps member to eight months imprisonment for attempting to commit internet fraud. The convict was prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a ten count charge bordering on forgery and possession of fraudulent proposal document to the tune of $4,500 (Four Thousand Five Hundred Dollars). The offence is contrary to Sections 363 of the criminal law of Lagos State , vol. 44 No 11 of 2011.

He was arraigned on November 1, 2012, on allegation that he fraudulently issued forged Union Bank of Nigeria Plc receipts, letters and several other documents purportedly obtained from the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), using the false identity of a Rev. Christopher Wallace, with intent to defraud unsuspecting individuals over a contrived European Winning Lottery programme.

When arraigned, he pleaded not guilty and he was detained in Kirikiri prison while the case was adjourned till November 27, 2012, for hearing of the bail application.

But on the adjourned date, Preston changed his plea from ‘not guilty’ to “guilty", having entered into a plea bargain agreement with the prosecution. Counsel to the accused person, J. Njoku, urged the court to tamper justice with mercy as the accused had shown remorse for his action, more so as he is a first offender.

The prosecution counsel, I.O. Daramola urged the court to convict the accused person in line with his plea.

Justice Akinlade consequently sentenced to eight months imprisonment effective from August 28, 2012, when he was arrested.

Preston’s road to jail followed a petition by a prominent industrialist who alleged that some unknown person hacked into his email account while his access to the account was blocked. The unknown person started sending mails to his contacts asking that money be sent to a certain bank account. After thorough investigation, Preston was arrested and he confessed to the crime.

http://huhuonline.com/index.php/more-news1/376-youth-corp-member-get-8-months-jail-term

PLEASE WHAT OF FARUKU AND OTEDOLA AM WAITING FOR THEIRS TOO.

11 Likes

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by dilbert100: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
good.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
kagel:

^^^You prepared to wait a life time?

1 Like

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Nairaplus(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
What a bad way to serve your fatherland Preston. In Kirikiri, as a PRISONER. lipsrsealed
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by hydiciousb: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Hailedin9ja: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2012

You will wait till eternity.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Napolitano(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2012
Very unfortunate
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by abbey37(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
*music* poor man wey thief maggi dem go show him face for crime fighters rich man wey thief money we no dey see their face for crime fighters,rich man go holla pe ha "modupe" poor man go dey shouth "awalamo"..............................*music*

1 Like

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by FlyboyZee: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
Preston, Na God catch you. So na you, your friends and the likes wan destroy me, my career and my job when una (Yahoo Boys)hack into my Boss' yahoo account, wey make everybody think say na me do am.

I wish I was the trial judge, U for see hell for Court (Like one upper-cut) before I go come sentence your sorry a.s.s.

Ewu! Anu mpama!!!

1 Like

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by talk2hb1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
So the guy they commot for jail by January
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2012
What a way to end the year.

Terrible.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by lightheart(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2012
Tell him I said Merry Xmas in advance.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by chux76(m): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2012
Flyboy Zee: Preston, Na God catch you. So na you, your friends and the likes wan destroy me, my career and my job when una (Yahoo Boys)hack into my Boss' yahoo account, wey make everybody think say na me do am.

I wish I was the trial judge, U for see hell for Court (Like one upper-cut) before I go come sentence your sorry a.s.s.

Ewu! Anu mpama!!!

Guy talk thru...are u not in d game?? grin..Jus kidding sha
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Born2beRich1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
Once a criminal, always a criminal whether he is wearing corper uniform or not
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by mmmustapha(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2012
grin grin
e-talker:
grin
e-talker:
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by free2ryhme: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
xmas go bloody for my guy oooo
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
From prison to PRISON
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by pendusky(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2012
shocked
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
No biggie, he's a lucky dude. Go and sin no more. Really pray you get something worthy and productive doing when you're out and begin to impact people's life positively. Good luck man.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by AkinDavid2: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
This is the time you hear grammar like the full weight of the law..but defrauding pensioneers of their pension by the so called! You no go hear result. What the guy did was criminal but what could be more criminal than subsidy saga.
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
Catching and frying small fishes, when the sharks and whales are swimming freely in the aso rock and national assembly Ocean. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Daluuzor(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
kagel:

must u quote d whole fvckin page!?
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by dridowu: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
So much enjoyment 4 d guy, no rent, no payment 4 food, full security, free health care. So sad d guy just waste himself
Re: Corper Get 8-months Jail Term For Internet Fraud by Naijapikin1: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Naija wit waste of talent, dis guy shld be given immediate appointment wit one of d agencies, cos by d time he coms out he wld hav learnt sum evasive tactics, put him on d team shikenen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Save During NYSC: The Unusual Guide / 2018 Jamb Matriculation List, Nysc Error List And The Way Forward / Recommend Gifts For My Colleagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.