Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding (2594 Views)

Why Every Nigerian Girl Shld Get An Edo Man / Mrbrownjay....r U An Edo Guy? / Have U Ever Fall In Love With An Edo State Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding by avremail: 10:19am On Nov 29, 2012
I am a young guy with dreams of marrying the love of my life, grin...well, i am looking at an off-season event around March/April...
i have a Job that can barely provide for our needs and i wouldnt wait for the grass to be all green before i make a move..
here are my challenges;
1. i have no idea what the EDO/Bini traditions are.since i plan on doing a simple traditional wedding.
2. I am working with a slim budget...have to setup other things besides feeding "the nation"
3. I am Isoko, our traditions are miles apart, i hardly know mine even
4. Fiancée is overly insistent on a white wedding cry...woman and white gown angry they just cant get enough of their selves
5. HELP.....i cant tell a benin shoe from a flapper or goat from a cow...if u knw what i mean

i would appreciate help from any nice gentleman/woman...from Edo state or married to .i truly need some insight cause this is overwhelming already...ehen..some budget tips if available would be nice as well grin[b][/b]
note: Budget is 600k-800k undecided is this humanly possible?
Re: HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding by KINGwax(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
First, gimme dt 800k and come back in 12months for a 50% turn over plus your capital.
You can save dt much for wedding but u can't comfortably feed 'a nation'.
Here's d deal, impregnate dt thing of yours first and let's see if she or her family will die. I bet u, they'll ask u to pls come and do a little introduction and take your thing home after 7months into pregnancy.
See? Both your cash and lady are intact. Go into business you idiott!
Re: HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding by LoveDecay(m): 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2012
Edo traditional marraiges are nt expensive, compared to some others, and they dnt discriminate or bother what part of the country ur frm.

Dnt sweat, ur nt marrying an ibo or shuwa arab girl.

As fr the attire, its the girl who wears it, ur expected to come in ur own traditional attire.

She needs , lots of bead on the head , chest and waist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding by Kslib(m): 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2012
KINGwax: First, gimme dt 800k and come back in 12months for a 50% turn over plus your capital.
You can save dt much for wedding but u can't comfortably feed 'a nation'.
Here's d deal, impregnate dt thing of yours first and let's see if she or her family will die. I bet u, they'll ask u to pls come and do a little introduction and take your thing home after 7months into pregnancy.
See? Both your cash and lady are intact. Go into business you idiott!
Bwahahaaaaahahaaaa!!!!! My laff haf finishes... Haaahaaahhhhhhaa!!!!! But seriously,na wa for some comments oh....
Re: HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding by pedestal82(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2012
@OP, in the process of making Benin lady my wife. So I can assure u that the traditional requiments, is not much. If u are given a list, at most 80k shld take care of it. The only thing u would be botherd about is the after party, which u would decide how big u want it to be. So with that budget I think u can comfortably do a traditional marraige, but definitly won't be enough for both Trad and white.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Want To Say To A Black Man / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Does Not Allow You Cook? / Who / What Are You Thinking Of Right Now ATM & Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.