Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266813 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by lepasharon(f): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
whah arbout Nokia phone? tongue
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Btruth: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.

Thanks brother. What about setting for Glo network?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Burger01(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Btruth:

........truly, I pity this woman and her husband too. Imagine a woman that cannot spell her name with her surname correctly without omitting a letter, taking on a whole professor in literature.

.........her chicken is now making mess of the pot now to be sincere.

Silly!

Wrong thread.

sad

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Btruth: 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
haibe:

Profile name: GLO
Password: wap
Username: wap
Acess point: glosecure..

Leave "additional commands" blank and save, then connect.

Ah! OK. Thanks.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by rexana: 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Btruth: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Burger01:

Wrong thread.

sad

.........yeah! You are right, don't know how Seun & his crew manage that on here though.

lol
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by pabloaimar(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Thanks bro
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by ujchief(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
I use my BB as my modern. Someone did it for me using a slightly different approach; the BB desktop manager and a downloaded software; tether (or something like that).

I just dial-up using the tether on the desktop after connecting with my usb. Anyone uses same?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by kenlash1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
femi4: set apn to blackberry.net
pls wch of d apn are u changing ,that of d fone? Or desktop manager
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Please anyone with useful information on using Etisalat BiS on PC please...**crying**
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
kenlash1: pls wch of d apn are u changing ,that of d fone? Or desktop manager

Desktop Manager...when creating new settings under tools, mobile internet settings....
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by point5: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Plz op,,is dat a cheat?if yes,is it a sin?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by israelbenzion: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ OP: I have tried it and i am sending these words from my PC. i checked my credit b4 browsing and discovered i had none. it works like a dream and i am grateful to u! wetin u no know pass u o! and all this while i hv been wastin money on MTN data bundle.... u do well my bro

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by davids202(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chiefololade: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
rhema4u: Please anyone with useful information on using Etisalat BiS on PC please...**crying**
Use dis one, it worked for me.. I'm using etisalat
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chialex(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Working well
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chiefololade: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
I thank u @OP, it really worked well
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by olajide8(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Worked well only that my airtime was being consumed for those of us on BBC complete package does it work
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Sike(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
SUBSCRIBED.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by portablechizzy(f): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yep have been using it for a month now and its working and very fast too
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by greggng: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
My people I tried this and it worked like cool . Buy a universal modem mine was written hsdpa on its. Body .insert the modem to ur pc to automatically download the plat form from were u will connect. Insert ur mtn bb sim to the unversal modem u will configure ur modem like this user name mtn password web apn blackberry.net. I hardly see them deduct money except you download . However u must always have some fund in ur acc anyway let someone try it and testify
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
chiefololade:
Use dis one, it worked for me.. I'm using etisalat

Uncle what are the settings required please?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by sonogo(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bros I beg no vex what of iPhone 4s?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Swaginton(m): 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
I use a curve 7 on an etisalat line...I dnt use any destop manager to browse aldou I ve it...I use d mobile hotspot feature dat cums wit d fone n its nt only fast bt UNLIMITED!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by zivility: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2013

What of etisalat settings pls
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Damon03(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
lepasharon: whah arbout Nokia phone? tongue

Its actually more straight forward on a Nokia phone tongue
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by yuskol(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
Thanks @op it really worked very well..... grin grin grin
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Lampsy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
lepasharon: whah arbout Nokia phone? tongue
Get a Nokia Pc suite,subscribe for any data plan be it BIS sef,connect through d suite,n u r good to go,thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Lampsy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
ujchief: I use my BB as my modern. Someone did it for me using a slightly different approach; the BB desktop manager and a downloaded software; tether (or something like that).

I just dial-up using the tether on the desktop after connecting with my usb. Anyone uses same?
There's no slight approach dere bro,jst dat d tether application serves as d stabilizer n good connector of d phone to d system.d main software is d desktop manager,n d tether app is jst an added advantage.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chiefololade: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
rhema4u:

Uncle what are the settings required please?
Just follow all the process by downloading the desktop manager and adding the account of your network provider
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by oddysey(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
I just tried it and it worked!

I however observed that my mtn acct balance reduced

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by tshegs19: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
If The Blackberry Desktop Software does not work, you can download this software on your phone and laptop - "PDA net". Read More Here- http://smallbusiness.chron.com/set-up-pdanet-share-blackberry-27383.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.