Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (20681 Views)

What Barcanista Really Want (not Really That Of Gbawe) / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / *~ Gbawe Voted The Politics Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by AfroBlue(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Gbawe is still puttin in major thought and work in this section and has my vote this year.

Voted for Chairman Beaf last year because he was the only one that addressed the refinery fraud that is r-aping the nation.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by ujchief(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
We dont need the poll system, we want an open ballot system, the mods should collate votes while we all will be on the lookout for multiple handles!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
Unfortunately, PointB fails the ban test, hence disqualified.

He was banned March 27 2012 by Mukina2, and on October 12 2012 by me.

Given the volatility of this section we waived the no ban rule to not more than one ban. But otherwise quality posters are still failing it and we can't help the situation.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
Andre Uweh:
I respect your choice but politics section mods are not supposed to nominate any one.

I'm not aware of that rule sir.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by AndreUweh(m): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jarus:

I'm not aware of that rule sir.
Not a rule yet but for proper handling of the process, forbid the mods from nominating or voting anyone.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by ujchief(m): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
I've done my elimination by substitution, it came down to 4, used my 50:50 lifeline, it narrowed to 2, i've asked the audience and phoned a friend, and the response is same...
PointB
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
ujchief: We dont need the poll system, we want an open ballot system, the mods should collate votes while we all will be on the lookout for multiple handles!

Poll i.e secret ballot gives the merit of suspense and more fun but it has the demerit of susceptibility to multiple I'D voting.

In any case info from NL executive management has it that the poll may not be available, so we would be forced to use open ballot.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Not a rule yet but for proper handling of the process, forbid the mods from nominating or voting anyone.

Ok. I concede. I'm canceling my nomination.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Afam4eva(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jarus:

Poll i.e secret ballot gives the merit of suspense and more fun but it has the demerit of susceptibility to multiple I'D voting.

In any case info from NL executive management has it that the poll may not be available, so we would be forced to use open ballot.
I really don't know what business a public forum has with secret ballot. The poll thing should be left public for all and sundry to see.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Duduknight(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jarus:

I am surprised and disappointed you allowed yourself to be bullied in that manner.

If there are no rules banning mods from nominating and voting in any section, why should you suddenly, in a knee jerk manner, accept one poster's view?
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by AndreUweh(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jarus:

Thanks and may Allah bless you.

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
Nomination standing Day 1

Naptu 5
Gbawe 3
Afam4eva 2
Katsumoto 2
Bluetooth 1
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by olawalebabs(m): 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2012
Duduknight:

I am surprised and disappointed you allowed yourself to be bullied in that manner.

If there are no rules banning mods from nominating and voting in any section, why should you suddenly, in a knee jerk manner, accept one poster's view?
for fair play, the mod should be left out. Just imagine jega supporting a candidate
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Duduknight(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2012
olawalebabs: for fair play, the mod should be left out. Just imagine jega supporting a candidate

But that should be part of the NL rules, and not introduced in one section only.

If it's not part of the rules, then the whole process can be intepreted subjectively and hijacked.

I will let it be anyway.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by olawalebabs(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Duduknight:

But that should be part of the NL rules, and not introduced in one section only.

If it's not part of the rules, then the whole process can be intepreted subjectively and hijacked.

I will let it be anyway.

there is no law banning jega from voting, how will it look like if he is seen voting.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by malc619(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
GBAWE!!!!!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jarus:

jarus are you the only one conducting the election? I think you need more hands to help.just suggesting anyway. you have the right to nominate imho but it should be secret so as not to influence others.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by orufe: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
Afam
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by OAM4J: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Interesting.

Let's keep the nominations comming.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by PointB: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
Odunnu: shocked Thot it was supposed to start tomorrow? shocked

anyhoo sha, PointB got my nomination.

Thank you Odunnu, Wesley80 and Ujchief for nominating me. I feel humbled already. But I believe we know how things works here. Folks like us will always be made to scale further huddles. Politics section is not without it's intrigues and conspiracies. I wont dwell further on this for now.

But I believe at this time there are far better people to take the honour of politics sections. I know a man deviod of partisianship. His work in consistently promoting the beauty and opportunities in the SE via the 'Enugu Pride of the East' thread is very inspiring. His consistency in the face of opposition by those who misunderstood his intention is very courageous. Ladies and gentlemen permit me to nominate and fully endorse spyder88 as the politics section poster of the year.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by AndreUweh(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
PointB:

Thank you Odunnu, Wesley80 and Ujchief for nominating me. I feel humbled already. But I believe we know how things works here. Folks like us will always be made to scale further huddles. Politics section is not without it's intrigues and conspiracies. I wont dwell further on this for now.

But I believe at this time there are far better people to take the honour of politics sections. I know a man deviod
Who are you nominating?.
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by vedaxcool(m): 5:58am On Dec 02, 2012
Gbawe, he is surgical!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by ujchief(m): 7:14am On Dec 02, 2012
Jarus: Unfortunately, PointB fails the ban test, hence disqualified.

He was banned March 27 2012 by Mukina2, and on October 12 2012 by me.

Thats sad. Last year Beaf failed the ban test, now pointB has fallen victim.
Since i'v used all my life-lines, i'v got to use permutation and combination.
I would have nominated gbawe, but the way he let Desola bully him out of the october edition of the politics monthly debate leaves much to be desired.
Lastpage makes meaningful inputs, but i'm yet to see him create an educating thread on Nl.
Coogar, too much grammer.
Afam: takes up responsibilities in Nl but never sees it thru.
I think i'll skip the nomination stage.
Awaiting the actual voting...

1 Like

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by gidiMonsta(m): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
Katz!!!
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Ngwakwe: 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
I nominate Afam4eva

2 Likes

Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2012
STANDING
Naptu 5
Gbawe 5
Afam4eva 4
Katsumoto 3
Bluetooth 1
Spyder88 1
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2012
I nominate KATSUMOTO, the moving enclycopedia
Re: Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists by Demdem(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2012
I nominate Gbawe. Not perfect but he has been great so far this year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Boss Mustapha, New SGF (Photos) / Sadiya Farouq Dismisses ‘N2.67bn School Feeding Fraud' / Buhari Clueless As Criminals Overrun Nigeria - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.