Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:59 AM

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! (172022 Views)

Alternative Methods To TTC / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Hi all,

This thread is for ladies who are now pregnant (or think they may be pregnant) after trying to conceive. Mothers are also welcome to share their experiences with us as they have been down the road we are currently on!

You know.....when you get that bfp news,or see those lines on an hpt, there is a feeling of joy that comes over you! It also comes with a level of fear cos you don't know what is happening to your body.

But experiences shared here will help every lady get over that fear or atleast understand her body better.

Please we will also fire prayers on this thread for our sisters that are still in God's waiting room, as well as for the pregnant mothers because we would not be here without God!So devil..PLS KEEP OFF!!

14 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
I remember the first time I found out that I was pregnant. I just finished praying fervently and by faith I went to piss on a stick. I was pretending to ignore the hpt stick because the indicator had gone past the space where the positive line should be. I figured it was early yet.

As I leaned forward to wipe my womanliness I saw a faint line, I lunged for the stick and brought it up..the line was getting more visible. By the time I stood up, the line was faint but still there!

I immediately went back to the place I was praying and started declaring that as Elijah saw the cloud the size of a man's hand and believed God for a rainstorm, so will I believe that this is my miracle!

Thereafter I removed my panties and for one week I no wear pant make elastic rubber band of manufacturer no press any where by mistake.

When I got back from work the next day, I tried again, it was darker. I kept pissing all thru that week and it was getting darker and darker each day. I can't say how many times I wept for joy!

By the time I got the positive blood test, I felt like I had a new lease on life cos everywhere was just bright and sunny even when rain dey fall!

My testimony is on the TTC thread..you can read how the devil tried to lie to me at a point.

But inspite of the joy, I was worried because of the cramps (or lack of it sometimes).

If not for the encouragement of Hebrew Woman, and Seanbell, I would be freaking out. Me, with all my browsing skills, needed to hear a fellow naija babe wey don waka this road with me b4 I could rest.
As for udoka...You did so much for me that I cannot say...I am so happy about your testimony. Yes!The Lord is set to surprise all the ladies in the TTC thread this year and I pray that everyone will partake in the distribution of blessings IJN amen!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by udoka2: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
lol prettymomma, which one be manufacturer band pressing something by mistake, abegi no kill me with laughter.

When l suspected l could be pg, l was filled with fear of the past instead of happiness but thank God it happened the same time with a church program in my church tagged 'Grace, Grace', l took out time to attend the week long program, every preaching was a kind of directed to me. However in the month of October we did one month fasting on the closing day i.e oct 31st, the pastor prophesied that 'you are here, you havent missed ur period yet, you are going to miss it - you will embrace a son and attend the 2013 program with your son' he ended the prophesy by rebuking miscarriage. I received that prophesy, shared it with DH we started praying Isaiah 44:24-26 that the word will come to pass in our life.
Infact, l knew when l missed the period that l was pg, so didnt need a test. l thank God for seeing me thru even when l never had up to a mustard seed of faith and the fact that l turned a prayer warrior, i was still faithless. l have confidence now that the limitation and siege are over, for me to get to this stage, shows God is in this business, my Change has really come!

Dont mind me, am talking too much church, but when doctor examined you and certify you and dh ok having treated all that were found out to be wrong, and still nothing is happening, my people you have to turn to the creator!

TTC is what l dont wish my enemy, being there for 5+years is not easy, l have become 'self made doctor'. my prayer is that God will change every TTCers' story for GOOD!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by udoka2: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ilovemi
pls dear join TTC thread, you are not alone, you will get lots of encouragement. I did hsg too and had one blocked tube. can you post your result on that thread, lets check it together with you, dont want us to derail this thread, before prettymoma uses her cane on me lol.
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by udoka2: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
wow! you are a strong woman!!!! congrats dear!
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hi everyone,
Lovely thread,thanks prettymomma....
TTC almost 2 years,hyperprolactinemia,depressed,suicidal and anxious...till God intervened and gave me a positive hpt.Currently in my 10th week but compared to when i ovulated,i'll say 8 weeks..

After the +ve HPT i was walking with legs closed and slowly so as not to dislodge the baby,see stupidity grin grin
Very grateful to God for giving me this chance to act as stupid as i want..

Currently having a bit of nausea and heartburn and wierd back pain..sometimes headaches sef.This soon shall pass.At least,im not vomitting.The lower part of my belly can't go in anymore when i try to suck it in.I've been using bio oil to see if the spirit of stretch marks will pass me by.I also have wierd cravings like nkwobi,chalk(picca),abacha,okpa..I know theres nowhere in this country that i'll find okpa,lol.My teatse buds change everyday,i cook and almost puke at the smell of the spices.Somtimes all i want is just fruits,it's crazy.

As usual,a shout out to my DH,nwoke eji eje mba,anyanwu seanbell : kiss kiss..This my bobo has been fantastic.rubbing my back,feeding me,kissing my face almost every second,telling me to sleep always,cooking for us.He does everything..I love you pass my uhn uhn.. cheesy cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 1:10am On Dec 01, 2012
Rollondafloorwitlafta!
@udoka and Seanbell
Udokan you better go and study medicine, gynaecology to be precise.
I wonder how u look at the doctors when dey are talking authoritatively and u know better..like me and my doctor on metformin. He didn't think it necessary for me to continue so as I'm dey talk I just dey look am dey nod..for my mind I say 'na you sabi!Stay there dey talk! I go take this medicine this first trimester..who tell u say e fit affect baby? You think say I never browse crase commot for the drug body b4 I start to take am..etc?' Lol
@seanbell...u own even good, na after bfp you start to waka carefully..I start 3days after my hcg shot and till now I still dey waka gingerly sometimes grin
Abeg the silliness naim we dey pray for since! Me I no gree knack even though hair wan nearly grow for me and dh hand! Its so bad that he doesn't even want handjob make e no recall how to come dey sweet. Besides after waiting this long he says he doesn't want any sub-standard release so I should keep my hand to myself till we see hb grin
Pele about the way u feel. Its an indication that God is building a new generation in your linege(sp)!

@ilovemi. Welcome on board and thank you for sharing! That's the kind of miracle we pray for.

@all..hope you didn't forget the month-end prayers for the ttc ladies? Please if you are reading this now, its not too late to offer prayers for miracles and testimonies. But if you don't meet up till daybreak, then pray first thing in the morning as it'll be the beginning of a new month!

WELCOME TO DECEMBER 2012!!!

6 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by champs: 10:01am On Dec 01, 2012
@PRETTYMOMMA, Nice Thread, I am definitely subscribing. I pray that God will see us through this pregnancy to full term and give birth to healthy kids. I think I have started feeling slight kicking/flutters yesterday. This 2nd trimester has been sweet sailing and I have also spotted a bump now,even a blind man we know that I am pregnant,lol. Season greetings to udoka2,Seanbell,ilovemi,prettymomma.

We are

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
Welcome champs we are so glad you can join us....

Amen to your prayers o!

Wow at the flutters, can't wait to get there.
As for me, am eating more than usual these days though I can't stand sugar except inside Ijebu garri(I suspect that if I don't take tym na sugar go first make me throw up. Yesterday I chewed a bubble gum that was very sugary and was miserable till I could eat something spicy).

I haven't started showing yet can't wait to get to where u are.

Please I read on the ttc thread and online that Pregnacare has vitamin k and I would like to stop it.
But am taking metformin and dunno which multivitamin I can take in place of pregnacare.

As at today I have stopped taking it...just need a replacement cos I doubt I eat healthy enough to give me all the vitamins I need.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by udoka2: 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
@seanbell
You and those ur village girl craving grin, kuku enter Molue come 9ja to enjoy urself grin. I dey trip for ur dh @cooking for u. I will read abt d oil u talked abt for stretch mark, am using shea butter (ori) I pray I don't develop it.

@prettymoma
My sister if I get second chance na wetin I go read oo, but no worry one of my children will become one! Since my dr told me I know too much I dont talk again, I just keep quiet and allow him do his own. But why we no go become doctors and pastors when u will be told A and B is d prob, those wl be treated still no result.
When u get a prenatal without Vit K, let me know. I will check drug store nxtwk for d recommded one.

@champs
U are just developing bumps at 20wks shocked, that means at 10wks when I wll be at village pple won't notice. That will be great! I hv bn thinking how to cover myself from preying eye, its so important I travel else I for dey kempe for here. Were u wearing ur old clothes at 10wks?
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
Udoka my doctor prescribed Ferobin that was mentioned in ilovemi's post. I don take torch light find am tire for big pharmacies i no see. so i jejely went to a reputable neighbourhood pharmacy and they atleast knew the drug but were out of stock. that means i need to modify my search to normal pharmacies cos i think its made by fidson lab(makers of astymin)

Thanks ilovemi....it means a lot to me that someone here also knows bout it.

Udoka i have started wearing slightly bigger clothes cos my old work clothes were fitted. people havent noticed anything yet and i dont want them to.
Just wear slightly bigger tops den put a belt under ur bust. the belt will camouflag the size of the top and putting it under ur bust will give ur womb area much needed unrestriction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by fruitfull1: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2012

9 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by pinkydaisy(f): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2012
My sisters, congrats to all the preggies and to the TTCs, don't worry, God is faithful. Please is there anything wrong with taking vitamin K cos am on pregnacare,,,,,,am 15 weeks 6 days today and Jehovah has been my strenght.

Abeg i need response to the vit K matter cos am taking the pregnacare religiuosly since am not eating so well and i don't want to overadd weight cos my weight is already unimaginable as of now.
@prettymomma, Udoka, ilovemi, champs and seanbell,,,,you are all women of Faith and God must be really proud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
hehehehehehehe
UdoPauli,
I just don't get it oo.If i could enter molue just to eat okpa,i'd do it.I even dreamt of it yesterday and nearly ate it in my dream..I had already marched to the person buying it.So you see how strongly i want to eat it.
As per Dh cooking,lol.He's been doing it since oo.He cooks the more traditional food while i cook indian,asian,thai and co.He dey try well well.
I still wear my old clothes even the ones that are takpas.I no send at all o.My lower belly is out a bit,this week will be our 11th week and i'm determined not to buy many new clothes through out this pregnancy..I don't want losing weight to be such a nitemare.Ori is good oo,even the best.I just don't like it cos it's not creamy and it will make Dhs work of creaming my back more difficult.My dear,everyone around me is now my slave oo cheesy cheesy.
If i lift a pin,na to kneel down dey praise me be the order of the day.When Dh dished my food and brought to me yesterday,i was just telling him thank you so much and he was like it's what he's supposed to do.I tripped all over for him again and showed him my errr gratitude well well..he slept very soundly. grin grin

PrettyMomma,
If you like,no finish your DH,stay there dey waste time...arrange weekend of bliss for him.he will always be grateful.U wan make the man turn to Indecency or helping himself out? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Champs,
So happy for you,happy bumping along..

Fruitfull,
Please try to get as much rest as possible abeg.I wish na me dey lose the kgs.I just dey static here,no addition no subtraction angry angry

Pinkdaisy,
It's better not to take vit k as a supplement unless it's prescribed to you just to avoid the risk of a jaundiced baby.It's already in milk,yogurt,spinach and being deficient in it is very rare.

ilovemii,
Lovely testimonyy,cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Udoka,
Just read your post on TTC thread,please stay strong and REST.If you can take a leave of absence from work take it and keep holding on to your blessings.I am joining my faith with yours!!
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
@seanbell! You don start! See how people dey look me like say the wires wey dey my brain don dey touch! As I dey laff at my phone screen.
As for your advise, events don overtake am o!

I hereby use this opportunity to apologise to all the people I have been advising not to knack because leadership is by example and I no longer qualify to lead the 'do not knack' team wink

This weekend we gave in to the pressure and dtd (although no be babydance again)

Afterwards, the guilt was plenty small and dh promised himself not to near me till next year..that one na talk! Once I see hb back to square one cos I discovered some sensitive veins lipsrsealed

Enough of the gutter talk jare! Hi fruitful lmao at your warefa... smiley
Ofcourse its not easy to not test! I doff my cap for udoka cos she has a mind of steel! I love ur resolve udoka..faith like that isn't easy to come by.
Fruitful about that sleeping thing...I am usually wide awake from midnight to about dawn. So I use the time to pray for our sisters who are still waiting on God and to commit LO into His able hands.
But after a while you will find yourself dozing off in the afternoons.

@pinkdaisy. Welcome on board. Some people take Pregnacare and are ok. I took it till 7 weeks b4 I saw the post on vit K. I asked my dr for an alternative and he suggested Ferobin Plus by Fidson abi Finlab.
Am still looking for it. I saw the blood tonic but when I took it last night, I was irritated by the taste (sugar things) and I couldn't put anything in my mouth so back to the streets to look for the capsule.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by champs: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hello Preggy Mamas, I hope you all are doing great!

I took Pregnacare Original through out my 1st Trimester and everything went well before i switched to FEROMIN AND MVS PRENANTAL. I didn't start showing on time,maybe because I have tilted uterus,so it took time to pop out.

@SeanBell, Thanks, You are almost out of your 1st trimester,congrats.

@Udoka2, No shaking, this baby is here to stay,you shall not cast this one young, the devil has already failed. Only congratulations is permitted in your life, no more sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by PRETTYMOMMA: 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2012
@ udoka. I have read your post. Like I said do not be afraid! Stand still and see His glory!
You are carrying a blessed child and because that baby and pregnancy is in His able hands, all will be well with you!
We love you to bits and everyone is praying for you....
Please don't forget to put up ur feet and rest as often as possible!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Alwaystrue(f): 5:00am On Dec 04, 2012
@Prettymomma,
Ndoooo o. Na your handiwork be this.
Congrats on your new thread. May more people join who faithfully waited on God for their heart desire.

@all preggy mamas, I dey greet o. I hope to make a grand entrance soon by God's grace. My God is faithful.

@Beetle, Uteh, Omonikiba, Greenfruits, Swit2have, Mamatriplets, blessedmom, stevade, ipio, Pink22, chidinma, chi16, Aladunni, Venuss, skimpychick, Adedoyinsola, zenoj, ebony13, Bukkielove, flakeey, memyselfandI, Beloved1993, profeseur, santagelo and others faithfully waiting on God, ehn o, you shall soon graduate to be posting actively on this thread. Keep trusting God to perform His word. No shaking.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by ipio(f): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2012
@alwaystrue,amen o, we will all soon move here, God is in the neigbourhood, this is our time.
prettymomma, nice thread, well done.
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by pinkydaisy(f): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Hello mammiisss,,,,.All these nacking matter just make me dey laff forget to cover mouth grin ,,,you ladies are funny sha.

@SEANBELL AND PRETTYMOMMA, my sisters i asked the doctor over and over again if i should continue using pregnacare and he said i should,,na wah for some docs sha, he didn't even prescribe any particular prenantal vits for me sef,,the hospital just counted all those their county-county medicne put for nylon cary give me. Anyway, as soon as it's lunch break, am rushing to MedPlus to ask for the Ferobin abi na FEROMIN,,,,,my next appointment - friday, i go ask am again whether make i switch. angry

wish i had a more sensitive doc.
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by pinkydaisy(f): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2012
@Alwaystrue and Ipio,,,God is faithful, just hold on to whatever little glitter of hope you might have. If God can do it for us,,,he will do it for you ladies,,,I decree by the fire of God Almighty that your testimony shall change IJN.

UDOKA,,,no shaking! your LO has been attached to you by the fire of God and at the RIGHT time, he/she will be detached by that same fire and released into your waiting arms hale and hearty, yelling praises to Jehovah in baby cries,,,no fear, nothing dey happen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by champs: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2012
@pinkydaisy, If you don't have any blood clotting disorder, Pregnacare is safe to take through out pregnancy. I am on FEROMIN now though as prescribed at my last ante-natal.
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by pinkydaisy(f): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2012
CHAMPS biggi bellecheesy, how you dey? i envy you already feeling baby movements, they tell me i can't feel anything until maybe 20 weeks embarassed,,,,,,,,,for now sha, any movement watsoreva in my belle na baby movement ohh,, i no send grin.
As par blood clot,,,never heard of it in my medical history but i go ask docky sha, thnks darling.
Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by zenoj: 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
For the first time I came across this wonderful thread,God has really faithful.
Our marriage is almost 4yrs already and am so happy for the great thing God has done to my dh n I. It was a case of obvious hyperprolactinomiaq,tests revealing extremely high prolactine n almost no prgesteron which made d conclusion of impossible ovulation.I eventually told God I was done trying,I was no more in a hurry cos I knew He has a special gift in store for me.I just got busy with biz n all,loosing weight,detoxifying,eating healthy and all.We also determined not to take any form of fertility drugs cos we believed we've taken too much already.Hubby's test also was saying almost no sperm count with 90% dead n deformed so we laid it all to rest in Him.That was the. Cycl it unexpectedly happened.We didn't really knack then(we planned for later),we were both extra busy n dh travelled mostly too.I just noticed I was cramping like 5days b4 expected af so I tot af was coming earlier so I decided to intensify my exercise(skipping n jogging).After 3days of cramping,I decided to use my strips that will expire soon n it turned out positive.I couldn't believe it,my dh asked how come when I called to tell him.Am in my 13th week now n showing already n feel heavy at times in my lower abdomen.Am also feeling movements seriously already.My clinic appointment is this saturday,would be scanning by then.
@udoka dearie,d enemy is only trying to distract u o,don't let him.Focus more on ur heavenly father,go thru d scriptures n forget whatever will look like u're giving d enemy too much attention.Trust me,I won't sweat over it cos I know all is well cos my father is d one in charge n d victory has been ours all along n we won't take for granted d sacrifice on d cross.It is well dear.Luv u and 12:35:39's hear from u.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by pinkydaisy(f): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2012
Zenoj, God is really awesome; just when you least expect it, he springs a BIG BIG surprise on you.
Am happy for your testimony.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! by Alwaystrue(f): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
@zenoj,
Waow. Awesome testimony. And to think I mistakenly added your name to list above. No vex jare.
It is testimonies like this that make you realise that the gift and reward of God cannot be denied those who wait and God had greater plans. I love your faith. Despite all you saw and experienced you showed absolute faith in God. Ehn, almost no count diagnosis and no proof of ovulation yet fine baby is kicking in your tummy.

Tell me now, will you not be able to have faith in God for bigger things?
These are real testimonies. And I am more inspired.
Thank you for this wonderful test-imony.

@pinkdaisy, amen, thanks. It is easier to trust and wait patiently on God when you think back on what He did for you, where He has brought you to and how He ha favoured you. if God can part the red sea, bring manna from heaven and chnge bitter water to be sweet to mention but a few, He has proven that children are His reward so th body cannot stop Him from doing that which He plans to do.

Sorry for taking your space preggy mamas, don't mind her.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Dead Coronavirus Victims In Italy Carried By Military Trucks / Does Lipton Yellow Label Tea Burns Fat?? / Is President Buhari Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.