Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? (20419 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by coogar: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
fellis:
I am not sure I get your point, how should people avoid it altogether?
What I said before was that married couples should cooperate with each other instead of one person always bending to the will of the other but you insisted that the wife must always submit to the husband because the Bible says so.

the husband also has a role to play in this - he must also love and respect his wife to get this privilege of submission. the bible did not say wives should submit to an abusive and an irresponsible husband. don't twist the scriptures!

If it is simply a matter doing it or ignoring it altogether then there would be a lot of divorces because instead of encouraging cooperation in marriages as a way to make things easier, people would just leave marriage alone completely since the very foundation of marriage in the Bible is for the wife to always submit and the husband to love unconditionally.

you lost me here completely - what's the meaning of the missive above?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
@fellis. Pls try and see this ideology simplistically. Find a spouse that fits ur demand. A woman can choose to be unmarried, married to a submissive husband quote and unquote or submit to her husband. Isn't life that simple.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
Personally I have an extremely beautiful lady who has no problem submitting to me and I loving her unconditionally. we are very happy find what makes u happy. By the way she isn't Nigerian
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
dick hardener: the bone of contention isn't about treating a woman right, that one is not negotiable. That is a standard set by God agreed on by all right thinking men. The issue here is women outrightly debunking their God laid down standard. It's clear as white and black. To debunk a law is one issue and to err on that same law is another. Spot the difference sweetheart
Mr., a lot of men want to pull d cart b4 d horse! a man is to love b4 d wife submits! Jesus had to show His love b4 demanding we obey/submit to Him. A man is d source of his family n should lead his relationship how he wants it to go. a man dictates d tone of his home. i know a lot of things i've learnt from my guy b'cos he set that tone. he's not perfect but is an ideal man. i ll til say it: a man that has problems wit his wife submitting should check himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
bukatyne: Mr., a lot of men want to pull d cart b4 d horse! a man is to love b4 d wife submits! Jesus had to show His love b4 demanding we obey/submit to Him. A man is d source of his family n should lead his relationship how he wants it to go. a man dictates d tone of his home. i know a lot of things i've learnt from my guy b'cos he set that tone. he's not perfect but is an ideal man. i ll til say it: a man that has problems wit his wife submitting should check himself
I don tire abeg
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
Do as u pls abeg make I hear word
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2012
dick hardener: . Herein lies the foundation of our new found epidemy. I am not equal to you and you are not equal to me but complementary as husband and wife. This is precisely why God specifically used the word head for the man and helper for the woman. Your efforts to argue my darlyn is Borne out of rebellion. And again as an expert on women I must not fail to tell you this mind blowing jackpot.Besides the Bible, the most rebellious woman on earth can and will submit to a man she is insanely in love with. Now I'm talking about a kind of love that beclouds, inexplainable, deep crazy love. You'll see the woman automatically gives in to submission. My theory here is colour blind, race blind, success blind and does not respect whether you are Celine Dion or Oprah. Thank u.
i believe you saw d post i quoted. my question has nothing to do wit rebellion. God created man (male and female) and gave them dominion n power equally! all things were smooth b4 d fall. God never cursed adam or eve but told dem d consequences of their actions. it takes a spirit filled man NOT to discriminate against a woman. you just echoed my point: a woman in love/loved submits. if i know you put me first and esteem me above yourself (which is love), why should i dispute your suggestions? when you say 'honey i think we should...' i don't need to fight for my interest b'cos i know i'm covered. most wives/women try to pick their men's suggestions cos they know he's selfish, doesn't respect them and doesn't have their best interest @ heart. they can't trust his judgements and if they don't fight for themselves, who will?

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
bukatyne: i believe you saw d post i quoted. my question has nothing to do wit rebellion. God created man (male and female) and gave them dominion n power equally! all things were smooth b4 d fall. God never cursed adam or eve but told dem d consequences of their actions. it takes a spirit filled man NOT to discriminate against a woman. you just echoed my point: a woman in love/loved submits. if i know you put me first and esteem me above yourself (which is love), why should i dispute your suggestions? when you say 'honey i think we should...' i don't need to fight for my interest b'cos i know i'm covered. most wives/women try to pick their men's suggestions cos they know he's selfish, doesn't respect them and doesn't have their best interest @ heart. they can't trust his judgements and if they don't fight for themselves, who will?
o.k u all win I'm really tired. God dey try o. Accomodating coconut heads like us. WOW
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by trolling(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
there's a place for a woman who doesnt wanna submit to a God fearing man but in the first place a god fearing man wont even marry her in the first place.
HE said himself that a man shall rule over a woman, now if u cant deal with that you'll deal with it in the afterlife
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by dickhardener: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thank u my God for having mercy upon me delivering me from vipers. Thank God for my queen, getting home I'll appreciate u even much more seeing more that u are an inestimable jewel. Women out there are all vipers and high blood pressure givers. Thank u my dear lord.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 9:38am On Dec 12, 2012
dick hardener: o.k u all win I'm really tired. God dey try o. Accomodating coconut heads like us. WOW
Patience and ability to listen is really a virtue.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2012
trolling: there's a place for a woman who doesnt wanna submit to a God fearing man but in the first place a god fearing man wont even marry her in the first place.
HE said himself that a man shall rule over a woman, now if u cant deal with that you'll deal with it in the afterlife
where did God say that and in what instance?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2012
dick hardener: Thank u my God for having mercy upon me delivering me from vipers. Thank God for my queen, getting home I'll appreciate u even much more seeing more that u are an inestimable jewel. [/bold]Women out there are all vipers and high blood pressure givers. Thank u my dear lord.[/bold]
Men out there are not ready to listen, they stick to their guns. Thank you God for giving me a guy that listens and understands

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 15, 2012
bukatyne: Mr., a lot of men want to pull d cart b4 d horse! a man is to love b4 d wife submits! Jesus had to show His love b4 demanding we obey/submit to Him. A man is d source of his family n should lead his relationship how he wants it to go. a man dictates d tone of his home. i know a lot of things i've learnt from my guy b'cos he set that tone. he's not perfect but is an ideal man. i ll til say it: a man that has problems wit his wife submitting should check himself

What about a woman that wants to marry and already has an issue with submission. Do you think she will find it to submit because she has already crafted a mind set for herself?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
trolling: there's a place for a woman who doesnt wanna submit to a God fearing man but in the first place a god fearing man wont even marry her in the first place.
God never said that as a rule: he was stating the consequences of their sin. Stop twisting d Bible
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by zeongeon: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2013
From reading contributions I see things like if he respects me, am not a doormat,why must men have the final say and d list keeps going.Women if u want respect and want your hubby to listen to U..then you should learn to be submissive and respect your hubby, bring urself down to humility..and u won't b a doormat and u will find ur hubby listen to ur words..men have fragile ego stroke it by being respectful and submissive and u will find him listening to ur words and not always have the last say.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Witty07:

What about a woman that wants to marry and already has an issue with submission. Do you think she will find it to submit because she has already crafted a mind set for herself?
When a man loves a woman genuiuely, the woman submits (loves the man in return). I agree that most women have problems with submission and that's because of the way it's interpreted. When a man notices his woman has problems with submission, he can assure her that they are in a partnership and he doesn't seek to control her. I'm sure she would soften gradually till she 's submissive except there is something wrong.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
zeongeon: From reading contributions I see things like if he respects me, am not a doormat,why must men have the final say and d list keeps going.Women if u want respect and want your hubby to listen to U..then you should learn to be submissive and respect your hubby, [size=15pt]bring urself down[/size] to humility..and u won't b a doormat and u will find ur hubby listen to ur words..men have fragile ego stroke it by being respectful and submissive and u will find him listening to ur words and not always have the last say.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
bukatyne: When a man loves a woman genuiuely, the woman submits (loves the man in return). I agree that most women have problems with submission and that's because of the way it's interpreted. When a man notices his woman has problems with submission, he can assure her that they are in a partnership and he doesn't seek to control her. I'm sure she would soften gradually till she 's submissive except there is something wrong.
We could likewise say that a genuinely submissive wife makes a good husband? The command is to love for the man and submit for the woman. Neither is dependent on the other. Love your wife because you should despite her shortcomings, also submit to your husband his failings notwithstanding. Any fool can submit to a loving husband it requires very little effort.
Besides why marry someone who possess 'ungenuine' love for you, what are you looking for?
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
fresh_dude: We could likewise say that a genuinely submissive wife makes a good husband? The command is to love for the man and submit for the woman. Neither is dependent on the other. Love your wife because you should despite her shortcomings, also submit to your husband his failings notwithstanding. Any fool can submit to a loving husband it requires very little effort.
Besides why marry someone who possess 'ungenuine' love for you, what are you looking for?
Hi fresh - dude. A man should love a woman b/4 proposing to her normally but we know abnormal things happen. As for the order, men are called the head after the Pattern of Christ. Christ loved us and while we were yet sinners He died for us. In essence, Christ loved b/4 expecting our submission. A man is to lead his home in love and lay down examples of how the home should be. Imagine a child and a servant; the former is loved and obeys the parents to make them happy while the latter obeys his/her master to 'earn' their love. That;s the difference btw a woman submitting to a loving husband and her submitting to earn her husband's love.
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by seyigiggle: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
this looks like childish thread to me.
firstly those women/ladies making noise here are Christian.
who decides marriage in the first place, is it the man or the woman?

to the married women, don't your parents ask if they should collect the bride price or whatever, don't they tell you never to come back to their house when trouble arises? and much more.
why will they subject you to this interrogations before accepting anything from the intending groom.

there is no civilization with the scripture.
the reason why i prefer a Muslim woman, they are the most submissive women i have ever come across. why? they know that their men have the right to have at maximum 4 wives and can even divorce at will. for this they try to please their men
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
seyigiggle: this looks like childish thread to me.
firstly those women/ladies making noise here are Christian.
who decides marriage in the first place, is it the man or the woman?

to the married women, don't your parents ask if they should collect the bride price or whatever, don't they tell you never to come back to their house when trouble arises? and much more.
why will they subject you to this interrogations before accepting anything from the intending groom.

there is no civilization with the scripture.
the reason why i prefer a Muslim woman, they are the most submissive women i have ever come across. why? they know that their men have the right to have at maximum 4 wives and can even divorce at will. for this they try to please their men
If you don't understand a thread, it's best you stay clear from it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by minute(f): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
I'm only submissive sexually. To submit blindly is asking for abuse.I tend to have a soft approach in real life which might

lead some to think I'm submissive but I'm not. When it comes to letting him know what my limits are, I'm quite vocal about

it. I have a co-worker who is rather bossy but she has great points. She loved my heels/boots I had on last week and now is

sending me daily texts and e-mails telling me to wear more heels and boots that high and sexy. She is straight but loves to

tell us ladies what to wear. She has got great style and class and she has been one of the oldest Gyn nurse practitioners

around here, so I'll take her words . . . .hence my new heels today.

Don't matter who i submit to 99.9% of a chance, I'm getting turned on.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2013
50calibre: Submission of my wife to me means

- She accepts and appreciates my superiority and never challenges nor contradicts my decision rather she can let her opinions known politely.

- She respects and see me as her priority coming second in her life after God and can only pray to God and hope that I reciprocate the respect.

- She sees me as her supreme leader, and should always make herself available without second thoughts or hesitation for her conjugal duties, cooking, or anything else should I demand it of her.

- She should see my love for her as a privileged and not a right, and should work tirelessly to earn and keep my love.
you always talk from your anus.I'm beginning to wonder if you have your faculties intact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2013
Frankie9ice:

You r wrong lady,....submission in marriage for a woman has no requirement. Just be submissive to him,shikena! Even if he were a womanizer,an alcoholic,a abusive husband,an irresponsible guy etc,....just submit to him
and loving your wife for a man has no requirements.even if she's dirty,lazy,a LovePeddler or idle gossip.shikena

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by bukatyne(f): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2013
minute: I'm only submissive sexually. To submit blindly is asking for abuse.I tend to have a soft approach in real life which might

lead some to think I'm submissive but I'm not. When it comes to letting him know what my limits are, I'm quite vocal about

it. I have a co-worker who is rather bossy but she has great points. She loved my heels/boots I had on last week and now is

sending me daily texts and e-mails telling me to wear more heels and boots that high and sexy. She is straight but loves to

tell us ladies what to wear. She has got great style and class and she has been one of the oldest Gyn nurse practitioners

around here, so I'll take her words . . . .hence my new heels today.

Don't matter who i submit to 99.9% of a chance, I'm getting turned on.

A lot of men don't even understand the principle of submission sef because they are not capable of loving.

I am sure that if the men can prove their love and goodwill and not talk to the their women rudely, she will be happy to do all to make them happy too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by OsheBabaGod(f): 6:00am On Aug 31, 2013
coogar:

very good question.....
my headship is actually a matter of responsibility and accountability - this is where african men generally screw things up. in sane climes, the head serves his subjects, in africa, the head wants to be served. accepting my authority means she cannot resist my will. this does not mean she cannot express her fears or disagree with some of my decisions...she's my helper not a doormat!

Ha ha see how mean men are. Proved!
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 31, 2013
aha ahahah funny thread
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
Na so
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by Ellmoff: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Shouldn't our actions be logical before we decide to follow them? Should they not make sense to us first? Do we just follow them for following sake?

Pls let's just stop these
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by jpipe2000(m): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2014
'As unto the Lord' answers ds question. He will surely take wrong decisions 4 which God will hold him responsible. Its also his duty 2 love his wife UNCONDITIONALLY, as his own body. Same way the wife should be submissive regardless of his errant decision making & all dat. Howeva if he tries 2 make u do evil, u can always say NO sir
Re: What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? by OsheBabaGod(f): 5:36am On May 05, 2015
Hello all,

Can I share my piece of mind too?

U dont need to think hard abt this.
Its just my opinion.

I's nice that someone raises the topic about women's submission.

BUT MEN... HUSBANDS... PLS PAY ATTENTION WHEN U WANNA DECIDE TO THE EXTENT OF WHICH UR WIFE SHOULD BE SUBMISSIVE.

let us read this case. This is about our oyinbo fellows.

Do u know why bdsm grows as a kind of lifestyle in US and Europe?

The basic reason they (the doers) can give us is coz of the misinterpretation of the Genesis verses.

yes Ms Chocolate has mentioned the verses already.

God created women as helpers for the men.

But it does not mean that men can treat women like dogs or slaves

submission does not mean SEXUAL ABUSE

Do u agree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Over 12 Years Of Waiting / 5 Ways To Hold Your Temper / Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.