Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria (26498 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by doctorjohn(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.
My business partner now looks at me as dupe having not received his money.
First bank has no answers for the reasons why the money hasn't reflected.
Am really in deep fried first bank shit.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by imoh4king(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Their customer care is the WORST EVER.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by doctorjohn(m): 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
even firstbank customer care has nothing to say . all the said was the will get back to me and up till now .still no response . God save me from first bank

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Welder(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hey Come on guys,

You did a transfer with your dom acount to a foreign bank. The recipient should have received the funds within 48hours although this process is longer as there are instant transfers where the beneficiary can receive the funds instanta. Just enquire from your local branch on the current status of your funds as this is an anomaly. I actually bank with FirstBank and i dare say their service is unrivalled in the banking industry.

6 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.
My problem is the local first bank claims the transaction has been forwarded to there head office which assured them that the have transfered it. The recipient bank said they haven't received any funds to that effect nor is there any pending transaction wit regards to the bank account..
First bank refuses to give me the transaction details and keeps telling me everyday that it will reflect on the account anyday.

Na you cause am naa, YES!

Are you new to First bank, everything they do is always slow, if you want something to be done immediately use GTBank.

First Bank has done me what I won't forget hence banking is concerned.

Just to pay online with their rubbish masterCard, it won't go but there will deduct your money, draw money from ATM it will show ERROR but they will deduct your money untill they are satisfied.

If you want to do any transaction internationally use GTBank.

First Bank is just for mouth and their services isn't for emergency.

My eye is open for Last bank.

8 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
doctorjohn: Please permit me to use this medium to let nigerians know how unreliable our banks are. I have a domicilliary account wit first bank nigeria at owerri douglas road branch. I transfer some money for some business transactions on friday 16th on this month . Since then the money has not gotten to the recipient.

Na you cause am naa, YES!

Are you new to First bank, everything they do is always slow, if you want something to be done immediately use GTBank.

First Bank has done me what I won't forget hence banking is concerned.

Just to pay online with their rubbish masterCard, it won't go but there will deduct your money, draw money from ATM it will show ERROR but they will deduct your money untill they are satisfied.

If you want to do any transaction internationally use GTBank.

First Bank is just for mouth and their services isn't for emergency.

My eye is open for Last bank.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
doctorjohn: even firstbank customer care has nothing to say . all the said was the will get back to me and up till now .still no response . God save me from first bank

They will still do the job when they are willing to, as for your money nothing will happen to it, it's safe, just that u have to be the name of our first lady.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by doctorjohn(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
first bank!!!!!! wonders shall never end. after so much confrontation with the manager and some first bank staff and creating a nasty scene in the banking hall 2DAYS ago,the recipient account was credited yesterday .the funny thing is that ALMIGHTY FIRSTBANK still cant explain why it took 3weeks to transfer the money.main branch in marina lagos says its my local branchs fault ,the local branch says its main branch fault. FIRST BANK SHAME ON YOU.just that our judiciary is laughable else i would have sued your incompetent behinds. my only promise to you is, thats the last time you will see me in that your glorified MICRO FINANCE BANK!!!!!! rubbish!!!

8 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by doctorjohn(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
first bank!!!!!! wonders shall never end. after so much confrontation with the manager and some first bank staff and creating a nasty scene in the banking hall 2DAYS ago,the recipient account was credited yesterday .the funny thing is that ALMIGHTY FIRSTBANK still cant explain why it took 3weeks to transfer the money.main branch in marina lagos says its my local branchs fault ,the local branch says its main branch fault. FIRST BANK SHAME ON YOU.just that our judiciary is laughable else i would have sued your incompetent behinds. my only promise to you is, thats the last time you will see me in that your glorified MICRO FINANCE BANK!!!!!! rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by chino4(m): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2012
Don't complain about the judiciary bro,d more you exercise ur rights,d better d system gets based on new precedents.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
First bank should be charged to court for thier almost incessant unavailability of thier atm machines...this morning i went to the atm machine i waz told that the atm machine waz not working...please any lawyer in house

1 Like

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by topsyking: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
I beg to disagree..they r most trusted n reliable bank..nigerians in diaspora prefer to transfer money into first bank than any oda bank..I av my facts

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
did u transfer the money to a foreign account? because if yes, it does take 3weeks maximum and minimum of one or twoweeks. it might even be the fault of the foreign bank. i was sent money from first bank to HSBC, the account of the sender was debited but my account wasnt credited, asked the guys at HSBC, they told me foreign transfer cud take, 3 days, a week, maximum 3wks. i just relaxed and waited.

but if it is local transfer, then i have no idea why. try other banks and inquire how long it takes to make such transfers.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by RedLight1: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2012
imoh4king: Their customer care is the WORST EVER.
no! They are second to uba..

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by shyna501: 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
coolkris: First bank should be charged to court for thier almost incessant unavailability of thier atm machines...this morning i went to the atm machine i waz told that the atm machine waz not working...please any lawyer in house

Ʊ can say dat again... Dey r very annoying
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Paentera(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2012

What you need do is request for a trace for your funds - the transfer might have been effected at the FBN end but due to factors such as incomplete or incorrect account number your funds might have gotten stuck somewhere. Request for a trace at your branch.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
The most useless bank in naija
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by slap1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
I'm fine with ACCESS and Fidelity Bank.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
abeg UBA bad pass

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
shyna501:
Ʊ can say dat again... Dey r very annoying
they are exploiting the fact that they have a lot of customers so they dont care because they are always everywhere..thats the same problem with mtn
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by rickross2: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2012

You dont rush to conclusions just bc of this singular incidence.
I have used First back to transfer funds to the UK and the receiver received it within 3 days.
If you board British Airways today and the plane crashes, that doesn't mean BA is the worst airline in the world.

The receiver fit don receive d fund and pretend. The money cannot be hanging on air, its either they credit receivers account or they return your money within 3days. I once made international TT and the receivers account was wrong and my money was returned back to my account after few days.

But your case is strange, your money cannot be floating on air for weeks now, write a petition to First Bank head office if your branch is not giving you good answers. Also, if you are a businessman that do a lot of transfers i will recommend you use GTB next time, their international TT is faster than any bank in 9ja, Diamond bank is good also.

On a final note, a good businessman in 9ja must have good relationship with his account officer or top bank managers. Once in a while you take them out and when things like this happen they will sort it for you without you coming to the bank. I do many transactions that I don't need to go to my bank. When your bank is in distress your good relationship with the bank officers will help you. I am talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by DANILSA(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
No matter what, first bank remains the only place i can keep my life savings and sleep with one eye close, other banks i cant even sleep because any day they have issues with SLS the bank will fold with my money inside. jump protocol and meet the head of operations with some noise then you will be settled asap. GOODLUCK

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
well, if you have a gtb dom account, the dollars leaves same day if sent in the morning.
but may not reflect until next morning.

all you have to do is arrange for the dollar deposit.
you can fill recipient details online and click send. done!
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Naijapikin1: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
I opened a “first instant“ a/c wit dem durin my sercice year, inoder to save. Wen i went to withdraw the atm kept tellin me, i couldnt withdraw more an 20k, me and my money? I had to beg my landlady not to giv d room out, and i spent d next few days, withdrawin 20k each day, b4 i cld meet up wit my rents. Thunder fire dem, mtn, boko haram, and nat. Assembly members. And for dos of u who side wit GTB, ur sooo, “on-point“.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by elvis07: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
All banks have one wahala or d other, I ve a fidelity bank account nd I bought certain gifts for my wife with d atm card somewhere in ikeja, now d first transaction was an incomplete transaction(Rollback) nd d second one was succcesful but do u know I ve debited twice nd I ve compplained nd filled all neccesaryy form to b filled nd yet my money is yet to be reversed bck to d account for almost 2weeks nw
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by miteolu(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
First or wetin. Na LAST Bank of Nigeria Plc
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by black9jaberry: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
very silly bank
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by gunpoint(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
@Op
Plz open an aCct wit zenith bank and experince peace. They have an fx internet transfer service that allows you to transfer money by urself frm ur bed on ur laptop to any corner of the world and the reciever wil get it same day provided you keyed the correct details and you did d transaction b4 4pm dat day. I works prefectly for me sha, will advice u to try it too.
Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by eemmyyy: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
... get ur facts clearly b4 u make erroneous judgement and derial others for what u r not sure of. domiciliary account tranfers move thru 3 stages; from ur local bank to an intermediary/correspondent bank then to destination bank. The complexity of this process can primarily cause the delay not to mention if thr is any mistake in acc nos of the sender, intermediary bank or even receiving bank.

May be u wl like whr they wl transfer the money in microsec and the receiver won't get it.

I wouldn't say more but to remind us that financial frauds has beget the processes, check n balances that makes banking a bit lengthy. I would rather bank with safety n steady than speed n crash.

Just my thought

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
The problem started when they feel they are on top d world. They disregard little/ small customer and this has degenerated into their banking culture. They threat people as if they are their gods and nothing will happen if they dont deliver......... Sue them if u av evidence!!!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria by mikymouse1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2012
Try Diamondbank, their FCY transfer is quite fast, 24 hrs-worse case 48 hrs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / 7 Strong Reasons You Should Start A Business In Your Twenties. / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.