Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists (2055 Views)

Alleged N1trn Diversion: Senate Committee Walks Out EFCC Officials / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) / Bankole Having A Laugh With EFCC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Truequest(m): 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
Ten unidentified gunmen attacked officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and over 40 journalists in Ibadan at about 2 a.m today. The gangsters, who wielded AK47 rifles, stormed Development Support Centre, Iyanganku, venue of a training programme tagged: “Capacity Development Training on Investigative Reporting for Nigerian Journalists.” The programme was organised by the Wole Soyinka Award For Investigative Journalism in collaboration with EFCC whose officials are the resource persons.

Some of the victims who spoke with P.M.News on phone from Ibadan this morning, said the gunmen were shouting “where is the man from EFCC?” ( Dapo Olorunyomi) intermittently immediately they gained entrance into where the journalists working for local and foreign media, lodged.

During the room-to-room raid, the gunmen used the butt of their guns to beat and injure Dapo, the Personal Assistant on Media to the Chairman of EFCC.

Others victims manhandled were Ibim Semenitari, the publisher of Business Eye who lost her wedding ring to the gunmen, Dr. Doyin Mamoud, Mr. Steve Aborisade, Dr. Shola Olorunyomi, Sade Adeboye of Tell magazine, Barrister Jiti Ogunye, etc.

The gangsters reportedly took away cash, eight lap tops, jewelry, cell phones and other valuables.

When Dapo went to report the incident at the Iyanganku Police Station, there was no light neither was there any operational vehicle to convey the cops to the scene of the incident.

The police came after the gunmen had gone.

The owner of the Development Support Centre, who is a lecturer at the University of Ibadan, was grateful to God that no life was lost during the attack.

[center]http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=22620[/center]
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Emma4u2c(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2008
The rate at which crime is growing in Nigeria today calls for concern. Just two weeks ago another lodge owned by The Roman Catholics was attaked in Ibadan leaving trails of blood and tears, a close relation was involved in this one and it was nightmarish by her report.

If we cannot protect ourselves again let's sublet the security our citizens to a foriegn body, we can continue like this!
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2008
Truequest:

Ten unidentified gunmen attacked officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and over 40 journalists in Ibadan at about 2 a.m today. The gangsters, who wielded AK47 rifles, stormed Development Support Centre, Iyanganku, venue of a training programme tagged: “Capacity Development Training on Investigative Reporting for Nigerian Journalists.” The programme was organised by the Wole Soyinka Award For Investigative Journalism in collaboration with EFCC whose officials are the resource persons.

Some of the victims who spoke with P.M.News on phone from Ibadan this morning, said the gunmen were shouting “where is the man from EFCC?” ( Dapo Olorunyomi) intermittently immediately they gained entrance into where the journalists working for local and foreign media, lodged.

During the room-to-room raid, the gunmen used the butt of their guns to beat and injure Dapo, the Personal Assistant on Media to the Chairman of EFCC.

Others victims manhandled were Ibim Semenitari, the publisher of Business Eye who lost her wedding ring to the gunmen, Dr. Doyin Mamoud, Mr. Steve Aborisade, Dr. Shola Olorunyomi, Sade Adeboye of Tell magazine, Barrister Jiti Ogunye, etc.

The gangsters reportedly took away cash, eight lap tops, jewelry, cell phones and other valuables.

When Dapo went to report the incident at the Iyanganku Police Station, there was no light neither was there any operational vehicle to convey the cops to the scene of the incident.

The police came after the gunmen had gone.

The owner of the Development Support Centre, who is a lecturer at the University of Ibadan, was grateful to God that no life was lost during the attack.

[center]http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=22620[/center]

Just what I was addressing on some other thread that we need more of from those journalists,
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by opokonwa(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2008
[size=16pt]Another testament to the good job that EFCC has been doing in Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by bibiking1(m): 8:45am On Feb 12, 2008
opokonwa:

[size=16pt]Another testament to the good job that EFCC has been doing in Nigeria.[/size]

How!!
i am tired of ignorant people coming in here with their baseless rants!
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by ndubest(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2008
Thank God no life was lost smiley smiley
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Truequest(m): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2008
Just what I was addressing on some other thread that we need more of from those journalists

Oga Kobojunkie, can you explain please
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by bibiking1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Just what I was addressing on some other thread that we need more of from those journalists,

This is some strange message
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by opokonwa(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
bibiking1:

How!!
i am tired of ignorant people coming in here with their baseless rants!

[size=16pt]And I am tired of abusive people who cannot marshal out a decent argument without cursing angry[/size]
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Aleksys: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2008
Adequate security in Nigeria is just few steps away if the government is sincere in its pledge. One, stable power supply. Two, localized police. With the sophistication of crime and the connivance of people hitherto regarded as responsible political leaders, reaching the promise land of security will remain a fleeting illusion unless the perennial power problem is addressed as emergency.
The second is like it, localize our police service. It is politically stupid to have a policeman from Sokoto serving in gbongon or a policeman from Afikpo serving in Zungeru. The argument that a localized police could be a willing tool in the hands of dishonest local politicians is just a mere humbug. Institutional framework could be put in place to address such a problem with dire consequences to whoever try to abuse our collective trust. Until this vital input is built into our national and political structure, we shall continue to live at the mercy of these agents of death.
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Truequest(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
Check out the attachment Ribadu goes to school

Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by kingof419: 3:52am On Apr 09, 2008
Hi my niger guy mens, (EFCC) Has done wrong in benin to attack my boys but we have not finished with them and Thank God my boys has done our own to them in ibadan.
EFCC Must stop this shit of attacking yahoo guys and we must stop attacking them if not every efcc family in benin and ibadan must pay for this issue.
My boys broke legs in benin efcc tell me whats up do u guys love gun crime or yahoo yahoo take one and let my niger boys enjoy white mens money ok last two years when the efcc cut me i paid them over three million and they left me, but my advice is we are all crime by our self so let the 419 mens and woman to go free to avoid more gun in your offices ok?? one love one niger.
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by ifyalways(f): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2008
Thank God no life was lost.
Honestly,who is to be blamed who is right here whats the root whats the solution who has got the answers
so sad hat Nigeria is gradually turning to embarassed
Re: Gunmen Attack Efcc Officials, Journalists by Truequest(m): 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2008
kingof419:

Hi my niger guy mens, (EFCC) Has done wrong in benin to attack my boys but we have not finished with them and Thank God my boys has done our own to them in ibadan.
EFCC Must stop this shit of attacking yahoo guys and we must stop attacking them if not every efcc family in benin and ibadan must pay for this issue.
My boys broke legs in benin efcc tell me whats up do u guys love gun crime or yahoo yahoo take one and let my niger boys enjoy white mens money ok last two years when the efcc cut me i paid them over three million and they left me, but my advice is we are all crime by our self so let the 419 mens and woman to go free to avoid more gun in your offices ok?? one love one niger.

This guy should of necessity be feared, he is dangerous! Where you from come sef? Better work wey dey give moni full nija now. Abi na which one come be dis wey you dey talk? Stop bad thing make bad thing no stop you oooooo! Na my own advice be dat.

(1) (Reply)

The Facts And Figures Of Bakassi(must Read) / The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables / What Nigerians Don't Know Abt IBB, Buhari's Oil Industry Management - David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.