Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,400 members, 7,800,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? (3590 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hi guys,
I recently created a thread in an attempt at convincing christians to be acting atheists for twelve days. None of them budged though.
I'm cool with that anyway, atleast I learnt a lesson: that one can hardly convince a people to test themselves in a matter contrary to their belief, or rather, to test the concept of being atheists-a behaviour that is very much against the principles of their faith.
But there is something u can test-their God, the very core and matter of their faith!

Judges 6:31, if he be a god, let him plead for himself.

If u read the book of Judges chapter six, specifically verse 17-22 and 39-40, u will notice that Gideon tests God, twice.
In Genesis 15:8-10, Abraham also tests God.
Even Moses, in the incident of the burning bush, tested God multiple times.

What am I defining as a test in this regard? A test is simple proving God's power and absoloteness through divine means manifested in the physical world.

If we look at it like this, then we would notice that even Jesus tested God. In the raising of Lazarus not until after delibrately waiting for a few days, the healing of the centurions servant even though he was miles away for him...
All these are tests and when u combine it with faith, it becomes a test u know u'll pass, or u know ur God will surely pass.
As described in the bible, Jesus always had that confidence about him. He never doubted God when it came to signs and miracles, so I see no reason why any christian should.

It also brings out another lesson: that testing God is not bad but encouraged. It is a good way of boosting ur love and fear for him. Infact it is encouraged that u use this supernatural grace vested on u to do good.

But take a good look at the nairaland christians of today, fighting daily, almost endlessly and most times fruitlessly with atheists most especially. The atheists have no one to defend them but themselves, in fact they are defending themselves. But the christians, u have ur God, the author and finisher of ur faith.

U claim to be dead to sin and to the things of this world, to have this aura of wisdom and divinity.
So why go on in futile and immature rants with atheists? Why do u have to do that when u have divine power, wisdom, and guidance? It sound quite ironic and foolish right?

So here comes my solution, or rather, test.
And do not worry. This is not a test for u, but for God.

I want u to pray to God that in the next twelve days, he will divinely visit all the atheists on nairaland, most conviently through dreams, visions etc. I want u to pray that logicboy would no longer be an incessant critic of christianity, but that God would so arrest his soul that he would be an advocate, a Paul of christianity, or better yet, a Faithboywink I want u to pray God would change the heart and name of manmustwac to manmustpraywink I want u to pray muskeeto would stop being a, well, mosquitocheesy
I also want u to pray that ur God would soften our hearts so we would all confess what has happened to us within these twelve days.

You have no excuse (except cowardice). Remember that even though Thomas doubted, God still visited him. And ur main goal on earth is to win souls not mouth action or money. This is a good way of winning souls, the toughest of them.

Remember, this is not a challenge to u but to ur God, if he is real he will answer u.
And if u really do believe in him, then do pray that this will happen before the 12th of december.

I am seriously convinced this will be a great deciding factor of the two beliefs, one that would make us certain (even if silently in our hearts) of which is the valid one.

Remeber the contest on mount camel? Let ur god prove himself.

I really do hope christians do this. But if u don't then I would have to agree with the guy who said we are all atheists after all.

Have a great, prayerful day. Waiting for my divine visit.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 01, 2012
Hmm "do not put me to test"
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by joe4christ(m): 2:49am On Dec 01, 2012
[size=15pt]@OP[/size] Please get this straight, in spiritual realm there are principles that must never be voilated by both the kingdom of light & darkness, God made man with will, he gave man free will and that differenciates man from animals, cos animals get controlled by nature while we humans make choices out of free will even though most atimes at the expenses of our own convinience, God gave me this free will, and he said also ''see, let the heavens and the earth bare me witness that i've set before humanity life and death, blessing and curses, he said choose therefore, but he went ahead to advice us all to choose life that we might live, he spoke as a father who longs for his children who have gone astray'',
take for instance, love would not be considered authentic if spell was used to influence the other partner into loving, that love would not be considered true love cos it was not made out of free will and choice, it was forced.
It's not as if God is not capable of making the entire human race love him endlessly and desist from sin but in wont be considered as perfect love cos it has been conterminated by eliminating free will of choice out of play, that would make God unfair,
in the spiritual, people get their thoughts and emotions influenced but not their free will, this will is free from external influences and that is why humans are held accountable for their decissions and choices.
And that free will God gave man, he will not voilate nor force anyone against that will, and that's one of the numerous reasons why it's wrong to expect God to answer such preayers.
Both atheist, muslims, christians, pagan and others alike are embeded with free will, and that's why everyone would be judged according to our choices and decissions.
And humanity must be allowed to make their choices out of their free will whose consequences are known to all humanty.- either choosing to live for God or satan which would determine the persons eternal destination..
The responsibility of finding God is man's responsibility and not God, man ought to find the true God by researching and not God searching for humanity which would definately violate man's free God given will...
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 01, 2012
OP: ever heard of freewill? Lol...

Maybe atheists could try being Xtians for one week...dec 1-7, nairaland christians week cheesy
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 01, 2012
@joeforchrist, all ur talk about freewill was quite unneccessary. Ur god wasn't thinking about freewill when he was hardening the heart of pharoah.

Besides, I didn't say I want anyone to be forced by fear or anything, I said I'm quite ready to feel the power of ur god if he does exist, out of my own freewill.

U are a christian, god is meant to be ur personal lord and saviour, a close friend and guide, he should be able to answer this prayer of urs.
If it were moses, elijah or jesus talking, I bet he would.
And I thought the curtains that separated u from him have been torn, why should ur relationship with him be any different from theirs?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 01, 2012
musKeeto: OP: ever heard of freewill? Lol...

Maybe atheists could try being Xtians for one week...dec 1-7, nairaland christians week cheesy

Seriously dude, I want them to see how powerful their god really is.
Or are u scared?
U don't want the big daddy turning up on u?cheesy

For once I want to do something different.
If we cannot convince them by fact we have, let them convince us by spirituality they claim to have, or rather unconvince themselves by the lack of it, or by the fear to even try it.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tpia1: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2012
you're knocking yourself out in the absence of responses?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2012
tpia1: you're knocking yourself out in the absence of responses?

Actually from the experience I got from my last thread about christians testing themselves, I did not expect there to be much responses today.

Its quite obvious christians don't have faith in their god or themselves, just fear of everything else.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by joe4christ(m): 8:45am On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

Seriously dude, I want them to see how powerful their god really is.
Or are u scared?
U don't want the big daddy turning up on u?cheesy

For once I want to do something different.
If we cannot convince them by fact we have, let them convince us by spirituality they claim to have, or rather unconvince themselves by the lack of it, or by the fear to even try it.

wait a minute, do you think my God is a joker and your play mate?
Do you think you can councel God on what he ought to do?
Stop being a joker, it's not as if God is incapable of revealing himself to all nairaland atheists and unbeleivers withen the splittest seconds, afterall testimonies abound of such encounters, but tell me why i should even bother praying such a prayer when deep withen you your heart is hardened and sealed with darkness, not ready to find God cos you wanna know the truth, but even when you do so, you do it just to mock the children of God.
And if indeed you are sincere, then you would'nt even need our prayers before he reveals his Glory, Majesty & Infinity to you cos he only sees the deepest of your thoughts and motives.
The day you and your cohorts truly open up your heart to seek divine knowledge of God, he will show up to prove himself Lord over the Earth.
And if you still needed prove, take a good look around you, he has not changed, miracles are happening on a daily basis, and i know your close relatives must have also benefited from his signs and wonders performed in this generation, but as usual u must have turned deaf, dumb and blind on it, signs and wonder, even miracles are pointers to the fact that God exists.
Why are other religions of the world not as spiritually powerful and bold as church of christ here on earth is?
Have you bothered to find out why or even make research on this?
No, you would rather sit back and paint it all as false and tricks.
Well i dont think i or anyone can help you and your cohorts then, cos you guys run away from knowledge of truth, you're more comfortable with lies and deception mixed with self-delusion not wanting to know the truth or do research to find out truth for yourselves as a good researcher, and a learned individual ought to have done in the first place.
It's just in rare cases that God do reveals himself to some people even when they were'nt really searching to know the truth, and i guess it was cos they were under deception but most of you atheists here are actually under self-delusion, now that's the problem, you seal your heart and mind against God, seeking for every slightest opportunity to bash him and his children (christians) cos you just hate him even though you claim not to believe he ever existed, you try putting in all your efforts to convince many of his into believing that he is false and not true and his followers are just pathetic cos they are into mental slavery.
The day you sincerely open up your heart to find him in truth, then he will show up and you will know for sure that JESUS IS LORD!
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2012
^^^
Story story.
All mouth no fist.
I just request that u do something which u claim to be a drop of pure water and u are beating around the bush claiming u can bring down a whole river.

If u really had faith in ur religion, if u really trust that would happen, then u would do it.

After all elijah was said to have done it on mount camel, moses did it with the egyptians, infact it was even god who encouraged them to do such things.

So I do not know what u are angry about.
It seems u have already predicted that it will not happen, so much for faith.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
@op, do you sincerely believe in God? Are you truly ready to accept His Son? Do you have faith in Him? (yes, you also need it)
you mentioned cases of people in the Bible who "tested" God but you failed to mention that these people believed in the existence of God. Abraham,Gideon, Moses etc. all believed in the existence of God and none of them was asking for God to force them to believe in Him. Infact none of the people you mentioned doubted the existence of God. Believing in God is a personal choice, you don't ask another person to make that choice for you. I don't think you sincerely want to change, your heart is already locked (you can't force God to unlock your heart, you have to sincerely believe in Him). Your type is already in the bible
Matthew 13:14
King James Version
(KJV)
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall
hear, and shall not understand; and seeing
ye shall see, and shall not perceive
there, you have it.

1 Like

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2012
Don't u get it? Thats the point of the whole thing. To make unbelievers believe or vice versa.

In the contest on mount camel the people did not believe until the miracle was performed.
Ur god gave moses powers so the unbelieving pharoah and people would believe.
Even when Thomas doubted, he didn't just fall down and die, neither did he become blind. Instead ur bible says god revealed himself to him.

So what is my point? If u really and solely believe from the depth of ur heart that ur god is real, then do pray that before the first twelve days of december come to an end, he would have visited nairaland atheists.

Thanks!
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Firstly, do you acknowledge the existence of God and do you believe that He sent His Son to die for us?
If you truly believe and have faith and you are ready to receive Him then shall it be for you as you have asked. God be with you.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tobechi74: 11:06am On Dec 01, 2012
Op, actualy, i do it at times. When i remember. I once opened a thread where i urgd felow xtian to do d same.

I also opend a thread calling logic boy,BISHOP MAC DADDY. One day, he wil open a biG church dat wont ask 4 tithe.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by advocate666: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2012
Christians are very funny people. First, they started with the freewill nonsense which was not even in the bible. Now thay are asking op to believe first. Of what use is their prayers then?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: Firstly, do you acknowledge the existence of God and do you believe that He sent His Son to die for us?
If you truly believe and have faith and you are ready to receive Him then shall it be for you as you have asked. God be with you.

The people in mount camel did not need faith for god to reveal himself to them, it was elijah that needed it.

So the person who needs the faith is u. I'm just the receiver, while u are the initiator.
If u have faith then do it for crying out loud. If ur god does exist he will surely not dissapoint u.

If he doesn't then...we all know what that means.

For goodness sake if u believe ur god is really superior to those lifeless painted statues then stop giving lame excuses and do it.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2012
advocate666: Christians are very funny people. First, they started with the freewill nonsense which was not even in the bible. Now thay are asking op to believe first. Of what use is their prayers then?
You are also deceiving yourself dis guy! You have no idea of what you are doing. Because you want eternal damnation doesn't mean that you should drag other people down with you. Yes, I will pray for the op (and for you advocate), but he also has a part to play, he has to believe in God and must be ready to change. Okay, @op, do you acknowledge that you are a sinner are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your saviour? (advocate, you are included too)

2 Likes

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2012
tobechi74: Op, actualy, i do it at times. When i remember. I once opened a thread where i urgd felow xtian to do d same.

I also opend a thread calling logic boy,BISHOP MAC DADDY. One day, he wil open a biG church dat wont ask 4 tithe.

lol: ''bishop logicboy''.
Anyway anything can happen. Patience Jonathan could one day be a professor of english in harvard.

1 Like

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by AtheistD(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

The people in mount camel did not need faith for god to reveal himself to them, it was elijah that needed it.

So the person who needs the faith is u. I'm just the receiver, while u are the initiator.
If u have faith then do it for crying out loud. If ur god does exist he will surely not dissapoint u.

For goodness sake if u believe ur god is really superior to those lifeless painted statues then stop giving lame excuses and do it.

They cant because Christ said do not put the lord thy god to the test. Interesting eh.... didnt Elijah do just that. What about Daniel in the lions den? There is too much that just doesnt add up in these faiths unfortunately.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
advocate666: Christians are very funny people. First, they started with the freewill nonsense which was not even in the bible. Now thay are asking op to believe first. Of what use is their prayers then?

Abi o. Me I don tire for them sef.
They say the way to heaven is narrow and straight, but they have been beating around the bush since.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

What you are asking of is not the same thing that those idol-worshipping prophets were asking. The prophets of baal said that their god was superior to Yahweh and Elijah proved to them the superior God was the true God, Yahweh. Were those prophets spared for their blasphemy? No!
Now, your own case is you are asking for an encounter with God and you must first believe that He exists before you can move forward.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: You are also deceiving yourself dis guy! You have no idea of what you are doing. Because you want eternal damnation doesn't mean that you should drag other people down with you. Yes, I will pray for the op (and for you advocate), but he also has a part to play, he has to believe in God and must be ready to change. Okay, @op, do you acknowledge that you are a sinner are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your saviour? (advocate, you are included too)

Mehn u people can be really annoying with ur corner corner.

I'm not asking to give my life to christ, but for u to pray god should reveal himself to all atheists. If he does exist and that happens, well the rest wouldn't be much of a problem now, would it?
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2012
Atheist:-D:

They cant because Christ said do not put the lord thy god to the test. Interesting eh.... didnt Elijah do just that. What about Daniel in the lions den? There is too much that just doesnt add up in these faiths unfortunately.

Sure there is, thousands of stuff.

But where is the don't test stuff in the bible?
It's the temptation own I'm aware of and they really aren't the same thing.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: What you are asking of is not the same thing that those idol-worshipping prophets were asking. The prophets of baal said that their god was superior to Yahweh and Elijah proved to them the superior God was the true God, Yahweh. Were those prophets spared for their blasphemy? No!
Now, your own case is you are asking for an encounter with God and you must first believe that He exists before you can move forward.

There is one thing in common in both, infact in all the examples I have given; that ur god was to prove himself. It doesn't have to be exactly the same thing.

Will u stop giving excuses now and actually do it?

1 Like

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Todaynatoday: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

I'm not asking to give my life to christ, but for u to pray god should reveal himself to all atheists. If he does exist and that happens, well the rest wouldn't be much of a problem now, would it?
Hahahahahaha, you make me laugh
*in Shao-Khans voice*
You don't want to give your life to Christ but you want God to reveal Himself to you right?
You want God to shew Himself unto you before you will believe in Him right?
John 20:29
King James Version
(KJV)
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed:
blessed are they that have not seen, and
yet have believed.
you want to see God before you believe in Him right?
*continues eveeeeel laughter*
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2012
Todaynatoday: Hahahahahaha, you make me laugh
*in Shao-Khans voice*
You don't want to give your life to Christ but you want God to reveal Himself to you right?
You want God to shew Himself unto you before you will believe in Him right?
you want to see God before you believe in Him right?
*continues eveeeeel laughter*

Actually my main aim is for u to see that he is not real.

U can continue laughing though, and head out as u do so.
U have been wasting my time making me go round circles with u.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by tobechi74: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

:
God wil reveal himself, at his own time. U cant fastfoward it
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by joe4christ(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2012
[size=15pt]And i refuse to pray, abi na by force?
I dont live to prove my God cos he has proven himself to me over and over again, and he chooses to reveal himself to those he chose to, he is to big for this, and just as Jesus said (No man can come to me except the father who sent me draws him to me - John 6:44 ) what you are asking for is similar to what the people of isreal asked of Jesus - John 6:22-59 not because they wanted to know the truth but just for their selfish gains.
You beleiving in my God or not does'nt change a thing for me, you would have just saved yourself of eternal damnation and regrets! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by joe4christ(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

[size=15pt]Actually my main aim is for u to see that he is not real.[/size]

U can continue laughing though, and head out as u do so.
U have been wasting my time making me go round circles with u.

You see my point?
This guys are not willing to find out truth for themselves, just listen to him, 'he just wanted to prove a point to us that our God is not real' you can only tell that to a christian that has not had an encounter with God, a christian who is mere playing religion forgeting christianity is not a religion but about finding God and building a strong relationship with him through christ Jesus.

But you have sealed your mind against knowledge and so you live in darkness.
And only God himself can open your spiritual eyes and save you, and just as scale fell off apostle paul's eyes formerly called saul so is such a spiritual operation required in your life before you can ever be saved.

2 Likes

Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by advocate666: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
joe4christ:

You see my point?
This guys are not willing to find out truth for themselves, just listen to him, 'he just wanted to prove a point to us that our God is not real' you can only tell that to a christian that has not had an encounter with God, a christian who is mere playing religion forgeting christianity is not a religion but about finding God and building a strong relationship with him through christ Jesus.

But you have sealed your mind against knowledge and so you live in darkness.
And only God himself can open your spiritual eyes and save you, and just as scale fell off apostle paul's eyes formerly called saul so is such a spiritual operation required in your life before you can ever be saved.

You are doing all these rants because you know your god can't answer your prayers. You need to make peace with your god first before preaching to others.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
U know if all of u had atleast said u will pray it would have been a different case entirely.
Even if nothing happened I would atleast have repected u.

But to think u even lacked faith before trying it is enough for me to know u are as uncertain and insecure as hell.

And for me to be open minded, to actually be willing to see ur god if he did come shows I am more certain of my certain of my belief than u are of urs.
Heck its like saying I have more faith than u.

Goodluck with ur remaining days as christians though, I hope u one day learn to actually believe in ur religion.
Re: Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt]
You beleiving in my God or not does'nt change a thing for me, you would have just saved yourself of eternal damnation and regrets! [/size]

Wow! I'm sure this is exactly what jesus would have said if put in ur shoes.

And u call me selfish, lol.

U sure are one heck of a true christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Allah Love Pigs? / Why Did Abraham Not Pay Tithes On His Cattle, Silver And Gold! Why? / Vishwakarma Puja Mantra, Puja Vidhi, Vishwakarma Aarti Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.