Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. (8018 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
95% of Divorce cases and a large number of Separation between friends and friendships occur because of lack of being compatible. Today most people rush to seal a union of Marriage, Business and others with real knowing or making an effort to know the other person.

Below are just a few examples of unions that went sour because people really never you the people they either got married into or went into a business relationship with.

Regina Askia : For those who can still remember the sudden union between Regina Askia and the reported Igbo business man who proposed and 'married' Regina Askia within 4months of their meeting. Unknown to Regina, he had a good bet with his friends that he could get Regina as his heartrob and even get her to marry him. All the Assets and valuables the Ibo business claimed to be his in which it was believed Regina fell for him was reported to belong to his friends. That discovery broke down Regina emotional and that was rumored to be the main reason for her sudden relocation to the US.

Bisi Ibidapo Obe : This Yoruba actress is known to be promiscuous in nature and have dated several known and unknown faces in the social circuit. She came into limelight lately when she had a paternity scandal concerning her unborn baby. She reportedly came out to the media to declare that Controversial Former Legislative member and Human right activist was the father of her unborn baby (she has put to bed). The activist by the name Dino Melaye was quick to come out to distance himself from the accusation.
According to Bisi Ibidapo Obe, Dino Melaye Never told her he was married and he even promised to marry her (Bisi) before the end of this year, Only for Bisi to discover she has been coined by the activist.

Osaro and Odafe were very close friends in secondary school, while Osare got work immediately after school in a Oil and Gas firm in Lagos, his very close friend on the other hand hadn't secured a job even 4years after graduation. Odafe who lives with his relatives in Akwa ibom the capital of Uyo state called Osaro around May this year that he had some professional exams to right as well as take a course in an Aviation maintenance company in ikeja. He told Osaro that after the training, he was guaranteed of getting an employment within a month.
Osaro who was very excited for his friend was very willing to accommodate Odafe knowing fully well that he has no relative or friend he could put up with in Lagos for such a long time of 3months readily welcome Odafe over. Osaro fed, clothed and basically was giving Odafe weekly allowances for his upkeep since he didn't have a job received the biggest shock of his life 3months later when men of the Anti-Robbery Squad raided his house on sunday morning as early as 5:00am.
After inquiry, then confirmed that they have been on the trail of a criminal from Uyo and after a few searches at the rooms they discovered Odafe hiding in a closet in one of the rooms. Few rifles and life ammunitions were found in bags Odafe carefully hid in some unsuspecting places in his room.
That day, Both Osaro and Odafe were arrested and immediately charge to court. The judge gave a verdict last two weeks and in her verdict, While Odafe who is a confirmed criminal has been sentenced to 12years in a maximum prison for Armed robbery, rape, cult activities attempted murder and threat to the society, Osaro On the other hand was sentence to 3years in prison for habouring a criminal and conspiration of crominal activities. All attempts by Osaro's lawyer to prove his innocence all fell on deaf years. As Odafe who was Osaro's only saving grace never exhonorated his friend by telling the Judge that Osaro knew nothing about the crime.

( How To Identify A Pretending Partner
https://www.nairaland.com/920588/how-one-identify-pretending-partner)
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
Millions of people around the world today are divorced, seperated, sad, broken hearted, victim of fraud or even serving one prison sentence or the other because the Angel they thought they had met wasn't an Angel afterall.

Women most especially are victims of deceit in relationship all over the world today. This could be due to this present generation's eager to trap and settle down with an already "Made" guy and ignore other behaviors of his. Women mostly never want to take the extra mile to find out more about the occupation of their boyfriends, his family history and background, his source of income and also his past records. They (women) usually tend to just believe and swallow all the tales this men tell them especially when the man in question is a good spender. Then every other flaws of his is ignored.

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
There are a lot of young divorce couples today in Nigeria and all over the world, this is because unlike before during the time of our fathers and grandfathers, a man or woman's family first of all make all findings about their yet to be partner before going to ask for the woman's hand in marriage or accepting the man's proposal. But the reverse is the case today. People first marry before they later start going to find out about their partners family background. This has led to so many people discovering they married a total stranger.

Dele and Lulu got married. Lulu being a Medical Doctor loved Dele because he her own words, he is handsome, hardworking, rich and of course he is a qualified Engineer. Dele was a 'big boy' as far as money and spending was concerned.

The only flaw Lulu saw in Dele was that he has a 5year old son from one of his numerous girlfriends and the boy came before anyone else in this whole world when it comes to making a decision. Dele would skin alive anyone who tried to make his son Owolabi cry or angry. So many occasions, Dele had to end very serious relationships because he felt the women never liked Owolabi the way he wanted them to shower love to him. When Dele met Lulu, she was ready to accept and love Owolabi the way Dele expects and this made Dele love and pamper Lulu with all that money can buy.

8months after they met, Dele Proposed to Lulu and they settled with a high societal marriage in Lagos. Dele never stopped spoiling Lulu with cars, clothes, jeweries and money. Anything Lulu asked Dele she definitely got. When Lulu gave birth to a baby boy after 11months of their marriage, the love grew stronger and even though Lulu had to cope with Owolabi's spoilt behavior, she just ignore it so that she doesn't attract the anger of Dele.

One early tuesday morning, just before Lulu went to work, some men came to ask after Dele and when Lulu tried to find out where and what for they need to see her husband, they made her know they were from the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Dele has been involved in several big planned fraud duping both the government and private businessmen. Lulu was made to understand that her husband was neither an Engineer nor a contractor but rather was a full-time Fraudstar who has been into the '419' business for over 15years. On several occasions he get bursted but always settles his way out of detention but on this particular crime he his being arrested for, the order were from 'above' as Dele swindled a Top government officials daughters and in the process one of the girls attempted suicide. Lulu also found out from investigators that Dele was a dropout senior Secondary school student who never even waited to write his WAEC.

Lulu who was the envy of all her friends and colleagues suddenly became the laughing stock of everyone. She was so ashamed as news of Dele's arrest were published in the National Dailies and even aired on the government owned National Television. 3 months after that all embarrassing moment, Lulu filed for a divorce and got it as well as won custody of their son. She was forced to relocate to Canada to start a life afresh.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 02, 2012
Now many ladies prefer to cry in a Jeep/Suv, than laugh on a bicycle. Ladies observe b4 sayin i do, Not all dat glitters is Gold.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by tpia1: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk:

Regina Askia : For those who can still remember the sudden union between Regina Askia and the reported Igbo business man who proposed and 'married' Regina Askia within 4months of their meeting. Unknown to Regina, he had a good bet with his friends that he could get Regina as his heartrob and even get her to marry him. All the Assets and valuables the Ibo business claimed to be his in which it was believed Regina fell for him was reported to belong to his friends. That discovery broke down Regina emotional and that was rumored to be the main reason for her sudden relocation to the US.

at least yall didnt kill her, not so?

would have been nice if cynthia had had that chance.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2012
tpia1:

at least yall didnt kill her, not so?

would have been nice if cynthia had had that chance.
You are so correct. See the other lady that got thrown off a window in 1004 estate by that young man.

Within a week of just chatting with him on facebook and heard he resides in Victoria Island, she rushed and followed him to club and later to his parent's house. All these stories yet haven't thought this ladies a lesson.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Wendyslim(f): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2012
Na wah oooo babes pls beware. Look b4 u leap
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by ITbomb(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2012
I thought u were to give a checklist of compatibility not those crap u put up there.
I don't read BS

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by paranorman(m): 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dis's for the ladies especially,men aren't left out! Instead of you looking for a man that'll buy you a private jet, pray for a God-fearing man that'll love you, want you, take care of you and your 50 kids. For the men, don't bite more than you can chew,find a real "helper"... Bringing up a family is a joint responsibility this days; the world has changed. A wife should be an helper and that includes financially. Only few ladies,very few;2 outta 10, recognizes this! God help us all.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Smartiegurl(f): 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
Wizee: Now many ladies prefer to cry in a Jeep/Suv, than laugh on a bicycle. Ladies observe b4 sayin i do, Not all dat glitters is Gold.
Men observe b4 asking "will u marry me" Not all pwetty ladies are good.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
This story is muchs. I wished I would have red them.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
How does Regina Askia's marriage to the African american (and has been married to this guy for over ten years) become a thing of sudden relocation to America because of 'heartbreak'?

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Lasinoh: 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
I know him well enough not to ever trust him with my heart or wallet!
He is a Nigerian man remember? wink An IGBO MAN FOR THAT MATTER! cheesy
As with any man or woman. . .emotions do change.
Only time will tell if he can stick true.
Same goes for moi.

One day at a time. Let the chips fall where they may!
Too old to get my heart broken. . . and waaaaaaaaay too old to fall in love!
Been there, done that! cool

Relationships are emotional contracts. . . only invest what you can afford to lose. Period.
Trust is not one of those items when it comes to affairs of the heart!
People change and so do circumstances!
I only believe in self-presevation.
The rest? Not my business.cool

3 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
stillwater: How does Regina Askia's marriage to the African american (and has been married to this guy for over ten years) become a thing of sudden relocation to America because of 'heartbreak'?

Its evident you are a child and sure don't understand the whole story. Do yourself a favor by going to ask your elders the story of Regina Askia before her relocation to America.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk:

Its evident you are a child and sure don't understand the whole story. Do yourself a favor by going to ask your elders the story of Regina Askia before her relocation to America.

Old man, oya tell me the story.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
Google will do a better job.

Use keywords like Regina Askia and Hotel owner's affair or Regina Askia's failed relationship to Otokoto bigwig.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by larrymoore(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
Boys n girls, mama n papa, ladies n gentlemen just be contented with what u have. Ladies should nt envisage ther beauty only as a means to get d richest suitor bt pius suitor.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk: Google will do a better job.

Use keywords like Regina Askia and Hotel owner's affair or Regina Askia's failed relationship to Otokoto bigwig.

Lol.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by makalysia: 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
Tot i know his bt recent actions of his say odawise
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by yme1(f): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Well enough to know he is definitely not the ONE cheesy cheesy
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
stillwater:

Lol.

Have you seen it?
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
makalysia: Tot i know his bt recent actions of his say odawise

That why one should concentrate more on the benefits of the future than immediate gains. If all ladies would rather concentrate less on a man with a car, a handsome and rich man then it is a dangerous move.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by acidtalk: 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
y me: Well enough to know he is definitely not the ONE cheesy cheesy

Why haven't you yet dumped him then? Are you scared of being alone?
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by anthoniaz(f): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk:

Why haven't you yet dumped him then? Are you scared of being alone?

It's not easy oo
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Basic(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
As for me, I know my wife to the bone marrow. Thanks.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by anthoniaz(f): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk:

That why one should concentrate more on the benefits of the future than immediate gains. If all ladies would rather concentrate less on a man with a car, a handsome and rich man then it is a dangerous move.
[b][/b]

You are right.Some girls just have big eyes..if a guy is educated and has focus what is there?But some of my fellow girls will say they can't marry some1 who earns less than 150k a month..I've heard girls saying that
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Bisjosh(f): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by WhyAWhy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
anthoniaz: [/b][b][/b]

You are right.Some girls just have big eyes..if a guy is educated and has focus what is there?But some of my fellow girls will say they can't marry some1 who earns less than 150k a month..I've heard girls saying that

I will ask such girls how much they are bringing to the table. You had better be bringing more than fake hair, big b**bs and fat a.rse

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by baby124: 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
The Osaro and Odafe story rings a bell with me personally. Reason why I don't like keeping people in my house for extended periods. Friends do change with time and circumstance. They can be a whole new person, after just a few years. I learnt this myself. This is why I give 2weeks. And its my house so no locked doors or restricted access to any rooms.if that story is true the friend needs a good lawyer.

As for partner's, a lot of Nigerians think pretence is key. Funny thing is if you are pretending, you are cheating yourself out on a lot. I tell myself the truth always, ask questions and see for myself. Most girls I know want to ignore the truth if the most prized asset they are looking for is there. He can be anything as long as the money/asset flows. Nothing else matters.
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by Ojugunrege(f): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
WhyAWhy:

I will ask such girls how much they are bringing to the table. You had better be bringing more than fake hair, big b**bs and fat a.rse

Rite on point....dont mind them.....they expect the man to be sole provider....thier own hands, legs & head; are they 4 decoration? angry
im proud to be a help meet 2 my husband...

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Can you fully know a person?
Re: How Well Do You Think You Know Your Partner? A MUST Read For Everyone. by AGgal(f): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ladies here, ladies there! Please! Give us a break. We've seen d story,a word is enuf 4 d wise. On d oda hand wat's bad in wanting to get married to a rich man? Won't u advise urselves(guys) to stop faking wat ure not n try to be dat person u wish to be? If all of u stop pretending to be wat ure not we wont have all these problems. Be proud of who u are n sum1 will love u d way u are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Nashville And I / My Wife Got Fat, Now I Don't Like Her / Kourtney Kardashian Pulls Baby Out Of Her During Delivery (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.