Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,415 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? (9267 Views)

How To Motivate Yourself To Study / 48 Great Inspirational Quotes For Students - Motivate Yourself / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Nozzle(m): 5:36am On Dec 20, 2012
indoorlove: Read this book: the power of ur subconscious mind written by Harry W. Carpenter, and thank me later
OP when you finish subconcious then you may as well read the power of the superconcious mind...thats written by me grin grin grin
No wonder some people dey fail! you want her to start reading a book that teaches her how to read .
Bros she has exam to read for, we're all trying to find a solution to her reading issues! you are recommending another set boring pages for her!!! smh
OP try and create a mental picture of what you read (it may be difficult for some fields) but its almost very possible. In that way it becomes fun to read and trust me you wont forget easily. you have to really train your brain and the body to read, its not one of the brains pleasureable activities. You begin to enjoy it with time, if it doesnt work for this exam you will in the next. Work on yourself gul....yes you can!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Parsonpikin: 5:49am On Dec 20, 2012
My advice to you is that you get a white board place it in a corner in your room, put down the essential things in the course you study bodly written on the boardm I assure you as you work past that board you attention would always be drawn to the content of the board. Note that you don't just read by sitting down but you can do so by what you see, it worked for me aand now ithe reward is first class in chemistry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by DonTim1: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Wu d phuck hid my post? D mod must be high on cheap crack!

6yrs with clean sheet, no ban! No hidden post!

Oya crown it up, ban me !!

#angry
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by indoorlove(m): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2012
Astronott:
that book is written by Joseph Murphy. There are other books on similar topics.
be careful-lol, i hv that book with me right now and yes it was written by that author. Ok?
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by indoorlove(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2012
Nozzle: OP when you finish subconcious then you may as well read the power of the superconcious mind...thats written by me grin grin grin
No wonder some people dey fail! you want her to start reading a book that teaches her how to read .
Bros she has exam to read for, we're all trying to find a solution to her reading issues! you are recommending another set boring pages for her!!! smh
OP try and create a mental picture of what you read (it may be difficult for some fields) but its almost very possible. In that way it becomes fun to read and trust me you wont forget easily. you have to really train your brain and the body to read, its not one of the brains pleasureable activities. You begin to enjoy it with time, if it doesnt work for this exam you will in the next. Work on yourself gul....yes you can!
valid points, what come to some people naturally, others have to learn, didn't op say she wash tv and do other things nt related to her study, she can as well use those time to read a book that will help her to do those points u raised up there, mental pic..., train ur brain ...bla bla bla...!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by bakeham(m): 7:53am On Dec 20, 2012
If you ask me I always think that it will not go forever. This the time that I can avail me best from such opportunity. I always put my goal at the time when I feel like give up. I would rather say one thing that keep in mind your goal. The more your goal is higher the harder you will work for.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by DarryOsh(m): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2012
I just tel myself dat if i stop now, all my previous efforts and excellent academic record wud b a waste.
I tel myself dat if i read now and miss some fun, some tv, it doesnt mean that those who dont wud be ahead of me.reading wudnt mak me thinner, uglier or sick and @ d end i wud b glad i did.
Finally, i console myself wit the wonderful tim in future when i wud only read if i want to.
And of cos there is the prestige dat comes wit being among d top 5 or 10 in class.*winks*
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by charlsecy4(m): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2012
t-med:
i love to lie down on the bed while reading actively because I can't sit for hours...with this method, I have continued to be on first class in University...
I think it is healthier for the eyes to sit properly while reading; rather than lie down.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by KingSolomonI: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2012
Listen to Yanni when reading.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by doingreat(m): 8:50am On Dec 20, 2012
some1 1c said: 'if ur nt in the mood to read, put yourslf in the mood. Once u muster the discipline to start, the enthusiasm will just follow, i often experience it. I want to thank the op for this great thread, its like the best ive ever seen here. I paste this quote on my home notice board 'the heights that great men attained was not in sudden fligh, but they while their peers slept, were toiling up into the night.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Ashmark(m): 8:51am On Dec 20, 2012
Let me tel you how I did my when I was in school......During exam period what I do is wake up by 4a.m in the mornin cook a beans in a big pot,lock myself up in d room and start reading.Most time people wil comin knockin at my door bt I wnt open...To cut d story short,beans as really bin what motivative me to read durin school days....I love beans bside me while readin
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Revolva(m): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2012
See our youth in nigeria have dropped the reading culture , young kids in JSS and even SS in secondary school can't visit library anymore to just do some assignment they just dash to the nearby cybercafe and google up assignments and print out making them lazy ...and that's not encouraging
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by doingreat(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2012
sanb: @op it can really be hard to motivate yourself to study but a few things helped me and when I remember them, I get motivated to carry on.

But I ask myself a few questions; “Do I want to be a mediocre student or person, or do I want to rise high and sail the heights?"

I also remember this quote from Jesse Jackson “If my mind can’t conceive it, and my heart can’t believe it, I know I can achieve it”. Below are other things that helped me;

·Remember that forcing yourself to sit down and study, even when you don't feel like it, is a personal achievement in itself and that’s a wonderful thing;
·If you put in the action, you’ll get the results and remind yourself that this won’t go on forever;
·The time you spend studying now will help to make your future dreams and aspirations a reality cos the act of studying is like a bridge between where you are now and where you want to be in the future;
·Think about how much more knowledge and ability you are gaining each time you sit down to study cos as the saying goes knowledge is power; and
·Make it a point to dare yourself to surpass any real or imagined barriers that have been standing in your way.

All the best in your exams.... cheesy
wonderful comment there bt in my field, the reading just got started. I was even told that the main reading starts after call to bar ie while in actual legal practice.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by JimmyBoy1: 10:37am On Dec 20, 2012
While I am an avid reader, but when it comes to preparaing for exams , Ioften dont get committed until I register for the exam. Secondly, the reason you are not motivated to read may be that you already think the course is difficult to understand. The solution is to attend classes for such papers or get someone to teach you.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by Dibangoking(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2012
cooltony09: You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..
grin
cooltony09: You should change ur school and come 2 great ife...you won't need motivation 2 read..you ll need counsellin 2 stop reading self..
lmao
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by ignis: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
Idolys: If u really want get all time motivation,just come to ADSU where jakiechans hardly survive.
Proudly Adsuite!
The poster needs motivation and not intimidation.
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by misstobi: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
[quote author=kokoye]think about the repercussions of failing the exam(s).
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by cooltony09: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
grin
lif2uz:
changing of school will not motivate her without the intrinsic determination to excel academically, determination is a drive that will motivates her; shikena!
Let her change her school and maybe her course and see the real deal..where university students dey repeat lyk pry school student for failing a course..she won't nid motivation at all...she will need sth else grin
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by cooltony09: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
lif2uz:
changing of school will not motivate her without the intrinsic determination to excel academically, determination is a drive that will motivates her; shikena!
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by akinladejo: 6:07am On Dec 22, 2012
My guy don't read! But just prepare for your certificate of attendance (pass) dat wouldn't take u anywhere. Go and find out from people that did that yesterday, they will tell you the meaning of this yoruba proverb"a ki so fun afoju pe oja ti tu”
Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Study? by dljbd1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2012
yes it does happens. This might help.
Think abt d opposite of success...is it smtyn u wish 2xperience whn u knw ur capability dt success is certainly achievable...i hp am able 2convince u nd nt confuse u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Computer Courses To Study To Get Jobs Easily! ----------------------------- / 2015 Waec Update / Senate Moves To Create University Of Health And Medical Sciences In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.